News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Insanity - Everything and Nothing is possible!

Started by Tymewalk, Nov 01, 2016, 06:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Just Dance game is the best?

Just Dance
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 2
3 (27.3%)
Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs
3 (27.3%)
Just Dance: Greatest Hits
3 (27.3%)
Just Dance: Best Of
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 3
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance Wii
4 (36.4%)
Just Dance 4
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance Wii 2
3 (27.3%)
Just Dance 2014
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance Wii U
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 2015
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 2016
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2017
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 2018
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance 2019
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2020
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2021
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2022
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2023 Edition
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance 2024 Edition
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance Kids
0 (0%)
Just Dance Kids 2
0 (0%)
Just Dance Kids 2014
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance: Disney Party
0 (0%)
Just Dance: Disney Party 2
0 (0%)
Dance on Broadway
1 (9.1%)
ABBA: You Can Dance
2 (18.2%)
The Hip-Hop Dance Experience
1 (9.1%)
The Black-Eyed Peas Experience
1 (9.1%)
The Michael Jackson Experience
1 (9.1%)
Yo-kai Watch Dance: Just Dance Special Version
0 (0%)
Just Dance: Vitality School
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance Now
2 (18.2%)
Just Dance Unlimited
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance+
1 (9.1%)
Just Dance VR
1 (9.1%)
There have never been any other dancing games published by Ubisoft. Do not ask.
4 (36.4%)
rebscilla handholding simulator
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

After seeing what happened with glitchy collisions last time, Jumble decides not to use the skip.  Instead, he...

Well actually, he doesn't know what to do next.  Jumble's also a bit tired of reading through the online guide, so he goes on Twitch and clicks on the first livestream of this game, to see if there's any other strats they might be using.
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Tymewalk

Quote from: Fell RekekkaGus stares the Dark Lord down, his cold, calculative eyes staring down into his soul, before looking at the troops. After he is done assessing the troops, he then turns back to the Dark Lord, trying to form a correct course of action. While he was hoping to negotiate something, it seems like the Dark Lord is beyond reason.

....No. He knows what he must do. In order to achieve his grand plan, he'd have to don the title of "Dark Lord" himself. With this new thought in mind, all Gus does is raise his hand up towards the Dark Lord, silent and stoic, and utters an incomprehensible word, before completely eviscerating the Dark Lord out of existence.
"What are y-..."

But the Dark Lord can't finish his sentence. Gus has already snapped the Dark Lord out of existence, and assumed his position.

Gus has become the Dark Lord.
Quote from: FlashFlireVi touches the wishing orb, and asks for 100 beries.
It probably doesn't matter if she gets hit by Goose shooting at everyone, she needs to get the danger strats going anyway.
As soon as Vi asks, she notices a hundred berries suddenly appear in her inventory.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsJoseph sticks his hand inside of the wall and rummages around.
Joseph sticks his hand inside the wall, hearing a lot of thudding noises coming from the wall as he moves about. He can feel something which feels like a bottle, tapering off at one end.
Quote from: DeepFriedBaconPull an anything out of the wishing orb
The Creator pulls another Anything out of the Wishing Orb, just like the one he had before.
Quote from: Fishmaelgooose startds loaiding gunwitht things thatare atround thatare nsot bullelts. tehgun holdss sixthings.
Goose runs around and grabs all sorts of things, managing to load the following into the gun:

- A sword.
- One of the guards.
- A tree.
- A large ornamental chair.
- A heavy history book.
- A wall sconce, holding a torch.

Goose's gun is first-in, last-out, meaning Goose will fire the sword out first. Goose can, however, spin the barrel to land on a random item.
Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbersAfter seeing what happened with glitchy collisions last time, Jumble decides not to use the skip.  Instead, he...

Well actually, he doesn't know what to do next.  Jumble's also a bit tired of reading through the online guide, so he goes on Twitch and clicks on the first livestream of this game, to see if there's any other strats they might be using.
Surprisingly, when Jumble checks Twitch, he can't find a single livestream of the game.

Not just right now. He can't find a livestream of the game ANYWHERE. It appears very little video footage of this game exists.

Oddly enough, however, there is a strange-looking prompt on the search screen.

Looks like there's no stréąḿʂ of that game. Do you ẃáńʈ to G O L I V E?

Something's up with the text, but the Go Live button is definitely clickable.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

Fares gets confused at the apparent error that had happened, that he has attempted to glitch his way into Dark Lords room himself. "There's gotta be the way to slay that Dark Lord."

Meanwhile...

"Tell Pinkie Pie to yell at Tymewalk next time he messes that badly..."
"Ah, that same rainbow mane over and over again being you giving and idea to use a pink mane to do the work. It would work if Tyme was a pony himself. But he's a human, a human weakness would be... y'know, Weird Al' Yankovic! *seeing his expression* Nevermind, we can try."
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Rekekka

Now that Gus (Guy) is the self proclaimed "Dark Lord" He begins his efforts be trying to reorganize the stragglers that might of ran off when he eviscerated the Dark Lord. Afterwards, he dons the old Lord's clothing (very fashionable I might add) and begins to exit the bunker. Now begins his quest to be the...

... That aside, he wants to see if he can recruit any of the players so that he can actually go through with his grand plan.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

sparkycinnamon

Joseph decides to peek inside to see what the thing that feels like a bottle is.
I'm sparkycinnamon (formerly known as cheesyfriedeggs), but you can call me Cheesy, Spark, or Pipes. I like a lot of things, but the fandoms I am fixating on the most at the moment are object shows, Alphabet Lore, and KaBlam!.
non-binary (they/them but she/her is fine if we're close / omniromantic asexual / click here for some stuff about me / ;)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Jumble immediately clicks the "Go Live" button.  After all, nothing has ever gone bad from clicking weird Zalgo text...so far.
j u m b l e !

Incendiary

The Creator levels up, and can now run at speed of sound, fly freely, and make any object appear out of thin air at will.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Tymewalk

Quote from: FaressainFares gets confused at the apparent error that had happened, that he has attempted to glitch his way into Dark Lords room himself. "There's gotta be the way to slay that Dark Lord."

Meanwhile...

"Tell Pinkie Pie to yell at Tymewalk next time he messes that badly..."
"Ah, that same rainbow mane over and over again being you giving and idea to use a pink mane to do the work. It would work if Tyme was a pony himself. But he's a human, a human weakness would be... y'know, Weird Al' Yankovic! *seeing his expression* Nevermind, we can try."
I must admit, I do have quite the soft spot for Weird Al Yankovic. Honestly, you could probably get me distracted by getting me to sing the fast part from Ha-

FATAL ERROR
FATAL ERROR

...hold on, what's that?

ATTEMPT TO ACCESS NULL ENTITY - NPC_BOSS_DARK_LORD_PHASE_ZERO (INSTANCE #1816)

...oh dear. Um, Fares, you might want to hold off on that quest to find the Dark Lord. I think something's wrong.

> findent --name "Dark Lord (Phase 0)"
No results found in current session. Run with --historical to find older versions
> findent --id 1816
No results found. Run with --historical to find older versions
What the heck? Where's the boss gone?
> findent --type boss
[ENT] ID 99776 - Gus (Guy) | Player
Use entinfo for more details.
...uh
> entinfo --id 99776
[ENTITY 99776]
Name: Dark Lord Gus (Guy)
Coll. Name: Gus
Type(s): Player, Boss
Level: ¿  !e
Inventory: [Restricted for bosses to prevent crashing.]
Skills: FATAL ERROR
COULD NOT READ SKILLS OF ENTITY 99776.
DID YOU EXCEED THE MAX SKILL CAP?
CHECK FOR BROKEN ENTITIES WITH --find-broken USING findent
> findent --find-broken
LIST OF BROKEN ENTITIES
- 99777 - prop_grass
- 99778 - area_halation
- 99779 - area_halation -> snow
- 99780 - area_halation -> npc_nozomi_small
- 99781 - radio_jet [SET - Unmodifiable]
- 99782 - tapestry_king_1
- 99783 - tapestry_king_2
- 99784 - joy_con_l_red
- 99785 - FATAL ERROR - COULD NOT READ ENTITIES TABLE
THIS CAN HAPPEN WHEN AN ENTITY GLITCHES OUT THEIR DATA TABLES.
DID YOU INCORRECTLY MERGE TWO ENTITIES?
Okay, something is completely broken. I don't know what happened to this game, but I'm gonna need to step out for a sec and try to figure out exactly what went wrong. So... I'm gonna let AutoGM take over. Peace, folks.

Greetings! I am Otto, the Automated Game Master for Insanity. I have been instructed to handle the game from here on.

I have been instructed to minimize the number of glitches that occur. This should, as the previous GM put it, "buy us some time so [he] can debug the game". I hope that I can help you in your roleplaying experience!
Quote from: Fell RekekkaNow that Gus (Guy) is the self proclaimed "Dark Lord" He begins his efforts be trying to reorganize the stragglers that might of ran off when he eviscerated the Dark Lord. Afterwards, he dons the old Lord's clothing (very fashionable I might add) and begins to exit the bunker. Now begins his quest to be the...

... That aside, he wants to see if he can recruit any of the players so that he can actually go through with his grand plan.
Exiting the bunker, Gus can see that the Dark Lord had buried himself deep underground. The flashy castle interior is replaced with a series of concrete hallways, with sturdy lights and pipes along the ceiling.
Quote from: cheesyfriedeggsJoseph decides to peek inside to see what the thing that feels like a bottle is.
Attempting to continue to reach into the wall may cause some collision errors. Joseph is forcefully ejected from the wall, as is the bottle.

It appears that there is a ship inside the bottle. How quaint! Additionally, there is a note inside the bottle, rolled up next to the ship.
Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbersJumble immediately clicks the "Go Live" button.  After all, nothing has ever gone bad from clicking weird Zalgo text...so far.
Jumble clicks "Go Live", and his view is immediately streamed to Twitch. He can see his phone's view begin to display itself, over and over, endlessly.

It appears that Jumble has also obtained a new item.
Twitch Heads-Up Headband
A pair of glasses, with some sort of digital display over them. Google Glass, anyone?

Enables the Twitch HUD, allowing players to see their stream's stats, chat, and more from their display.
Quote from: DeepFriedBaconThe Creator levels up, and can now run at speed of sound, fly freely, and make any object appear out of thin air at will.
The Creator is currently only a Level 1 Creator. In order to make objects appear, Level 812 is required.

The Creator already has the ability of flight unlocked.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

((Uh, is that me, or Fares kind of took a lot more time to research ponies like me?))
((Sorry, I'm back!))

"Hold on a sec, can't believe nobody's able to track down the boss... I mean, I took a few lessons from certain... uh, creature, but even I'm not sure what happened there!" Fares attempts to instead focus on getting more stuff and probably rejoining the main party after that.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Rekekka

Perhaps once his main goal is done, Gus should actually spruce up the bunker. Absolutely dreadful looking. Regardless he begins to roam the hall in hopes to find the exit. Perhaps he might find someone who will join his cause?
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Incendiary

The creator forms his anything into a blue lightsaber
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl cosplaying as Sakuya Izayoi for April. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Fishmael

goooooose is aevil nowhahahaha yessssssssssssssssssssss he joiness the newd ark loord. mooose will dresroyy anyone whooo apooses darklord becasue gooose is an evil now. andehthen he spins thepbarrel and readies toshooots atanyoene whoooe thingks to oapooses the darkskdlord mwahahahhahahhnya honk.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Joyous Theta

After finally making high enough terrain, bounces off of the top of the terrain and thus smashes through the window of Tymewalk's house and sends glass everywhere. Using Tymewalk's moment of stepping out to it's advantage, Shutterstock Watermark unplugs Otto, and since the game depends on the AutoGM for the process of wish granting this means that EVERY wish made is now a half-wish because no wish can be completed! Shutterstock Watermark quickly picks up and adds all the sockets in the house to the Shutterstock image library so that Otto can't be plugged back in, uses one of their wishes to create a half-wish, and jumps out another window sending more glass everywhere before Tymewalk can step back in.

The t-posers shoe has been spawning seems to have breached the surface, and uh, is there an entity limit here?

Faressain

"I shouldn't GM... I really shouldn't. But if bad comes to worse, there's no option other than taking over until Tymewalk fixes it."

Fares then quickly glitches into Tymes house, plugs Otto back in, and glitches to the last place he had been in.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Jumble taks a look at the glasses, decides that they're pretty stylish, and puts them on.  "Hello everyone!  I'm Jumble.", he exclaims, to his non-existent Twitch audience.
j u m b l e !

Joyous Theta

Shutterstock Watermark pulls a laptop out of the Shutterstock library and uses it to become Jumble's first Twitch viewer, before spamming ads for Shutterstock into the chat as if they were a bot.

Tymewalk

Who unplugged the AutoGM? I guess someone managed to plug him back in, but it looks like ol' Otto's completely forgotten what he was doing. That's quite the shame.

Anyways, all the stuff above happens. The AutoGM being broken is going to make things more complicated, so, um... try not to incur the wrath of any sort of bosses we forgot about, okay?

I'll try and do proper turns manually from now on, seeing as how Otto's going to be out of commission for a while. Guess I'll need to roll some dice, since I don't have a computer.

Wait, the rulebook? Oh snap, I forgot, without the AutoGM there's no easy way to look up the rules of Insanity. Guess we're heading to the library.

We're doin' it oldschool. Buckle up.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

How are you posting this if you don't have a computer? :thonk:
j u m b l e !

Tymewalk

Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbersHow are you posting this if you don't have a computer? :thonk:
Magic, obviously. I know the spell to access the internet, but unfortunately, it only works to post updates for RPGs on the TBGForums.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

"Oh, we have out first viewer!  And...it's...a...spambot.  I'm just going to ban them real quick.  And....done.  Now, I know black text is boring to look at, so I'll change the text color to purple.  What, you thought it was going to be light green?  Think again.", he says, while doing everything he's saying.

Okay, I'm going to stop speaking in my in-character voice and start talking in my in-character-out-of-character voice.  I haven't read much of the Insanity rulebook (actually just a few pages when I was bored), but from what I remember changing your text color requires you to roll a d1.  Just a heads up for you.
j u m b l e !

Fishmael

goosea do3easn't undasrestands what uyou guayssare talkingggabouutt....... goooooseg goestoo thelibabaray andstartscausing mischieaf intenionallally hahhahaha hewill putpages fromsomeaebooks intoothe boookstehy don'at belaong to heeheeeheeheehonk~~
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Tymewalk

Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbers"Oh, we have out first viewer!  And...it's...a...spambot.  I'm just going to ban them real quick.  And....done.  Now, I know black text is boring to look at, so I'll change the text color to purple.  What, you thought it was going to be light green?  Think again.", he says, while doing everything he's saying.

Okay, I'm going to stop speaking in my in-character voice and start talking in my in-character-out-of-character voice.  I haven't read much of the Insanity rulebook (actually just a few pages when I was bored), but from what I remember changing your text color requires you to roll a d1.  Just a heads up for you.
Uh, I don't have a d1, so I'm going to simulate by flipping a coin.

...oops, I don't have one on me. Lemme check real quick.

Nope. I'll just roll a 20 and if it lands as a number that'll count.

Jumble: Change Color: 1d20 = 2

Yep, you change your color successfully.
Quote from: Fishmaelgoosea do3easn't undasrestands what uyou guayssare talkingggabouutt....... goooooseg goestoo thelibabaray andstartscausing mischieaf intenionallally hahhahaha hewill putpages fromsomeaebooks intoothe boookstehy don'at belaong to heeheeeheeheehonk~~

Goose: Cause Mischief: 2d6 = 1,2 = 3

Goose can't cause a ton of mischief. It seems like not many people are around to witness it, either.

Shuffling the books will probably be more interesting though. Apparently you need some very... interesting items to run Insanity by hand?

Goose: Shuffle Books: 3x Spanish Words = llanta (tire), borrasca (depression, e.g, area of low pressure), desempleo (unemployment)

Goose shuffles up the books on automobile repair, meteorology, and unemployment benefits in the kingdom.

Misc Rolls to Keep The Universe Running
Bad Thing: Happen: 2d20 = 17, 9 = 26
→ Requires a 40 or more to work. Goes away in 20 more turns.
Bad Thing: Happen: 2d20 = 5, 14 = 19
→ Requires a 40 or more to work. Goes away in 5 more turns.
People Shoe Spawned In: Fail Collisions: 2d30 = 10, 13 = 23
→ Requires a 2 or less to work. The threshold increases by 1 every turn.
Guards: Do Thing: 2d20 = 19, 14 =
→ Requires a 40 or more to work. The threshold decreases by 2 every turn.
Very Bad Thing: Happen: 4d20 = 18, 4, 6, 1 = 29
→ Requires an 80 or more to work. Goes away in 25 more turns.

Wolfslime123

Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Aa

Name: hank hill
Appearance:
[removed - please make sure images you post are appropriate for all ages]
Inventory (not too many items please): propane and propane accessories