News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Quote from: BaconAndEggs1Is there any easy way to unsubscribe from forum topics (and can an admin do it for you like detailed in this thread)? I keep getting e-mails at all sorts of hours. It seems the only way to unsubscribe from each is to mark it in a new post on the thread, but I don't want to spam.
Unfortunately I can't find a way that lets you do this easily. TBG Admins AFAIK can't edit the database like the link says, either.

Changing the e-mail address could work, or maybe your e-mail provider has a way to disable notifications for certain addresses? Other that than the only solution I can think of is to post on the threads that are still active and then untick the subscription box there. As long as you play the games it wouldn't be spam (FWIW necroposting isn't really a thing for TBGs as long as you're playing them.)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

What do you guys even do with your alts?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

DownsGameClub

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: BaconAndEggs1Is there any easy way to unsubscribe from forum topics (and can an admin do it for you like detailed in this thread)? I keep getting e-mails at all sorts of hours. It seems the only way to unsubscribe from each is to mark it in a new post on the thread, but I don't want to spam.
Unfortunately I can't find a way that lets you do this easily. TBG Admins AFAIK can't edit the database like the link says, either.

Changing the e-mail address could work, or maybe your e-mail provider has a way to disable notifications for certain addresses? Other that than the only solution I can think of is to post on the threads that are still active and then untick the subscription box there. As long as you play the games it wouldn't be spam (FWIW necroposting isn't really a thing for TBGs as long as you're playing them.)
I don't know why I'm seeing this until now, but email notifications should have a link where you can unsubscribe to your topics.

Tymewalk

Quote from: Tymewalk

Hey I'm forever late on replying to this BUT:

You can unsubscribe using this link.

https://tbgforums.com/forums/misc.php?action=unsubscribe&tid= ID>

Replace with the ID in the URL (for example, Q&S has an ID of 20) and bam, you should be unsubscribed.

Fishmael

I've been having a bit of a bug now where the website won't keep me logged in (i.e., I'll log in, be sent to the main forum page, but as soon as I click any links it logs me out), with the only thing I have to go off of being that this doesn't happen when I use the site in incognito mode for some reason. So I'm guessing it has something to do with caching but I don't know what...
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

redgreenandblue

Quote from: FishmaelI've been having a bit of a bug now where the website won't keep me logged in (i.e., I'll log in, be sent to the main forum page, but as soon as I click any links it logs me out), with the only thing I have to go off of being that this doesn't happen when I use the site in incognito mode for some reason. So I'm guessing it has something to do with caching but I don't know what...
You have to use the https version of the site to fix this. There is also a script available on the discord that automatically changes all tbgforums links to https.
🌱

serprinss

could we lock old abandoned accounts so they don't get hacked and taken over?
keep on coding
the infinite flood is on page 32

my 4 person PVP stats:
hp: 21
mobility:  7 tiles
Defence: 7
Special: 3

DownsGameClub

Quote from: serprinsscould we lock old abandoned accounts so they don't get hacked and taken over?
We don't have a way to "lock" accounts.

While we may be able to provide some account security from our end, the basic stuff (i.e. password maintenance, etc.) needs to be taken care by you.  Any takeovers are the responsibility of the account owner whether or not it's intentional.

serprinss

Quote from: DownsGameClub
Quote from: serprinsscould we lock old abandoned accounts so they don't get hacked and taken over?
We don't have a way to "lock" accounts.

While we may be able to provide some account security from our end, the basic stuff (i.e. password maintenance, etc.) needs to be taken care by you.  Any takeovers are the responsibility of the account owner whether or not it's intentional.
ok that makes sense.
keep on coding
the infinite flood is on page 32

my 4 person PVP stats:
hp: 21
mobility:  7 tiles
Defence: 7
Special: 3

SausageMcSauce

The About of this website says that moderators are on the website 24/7, although sometimes I am the only logged in user on this site...
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: SausageMcSauceThe About of this website says that moderators are on the website 24/7, although sometimes I am the only logged in user on this site...
most of the about page is sugar coated ngl
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

DownsGameClub

Quote from: SausageMcSauceThe About of this website says that moderators are on the website 24/7, although sometimes I am the only logged in user on this site...
As much as I would like to have that removed I can't.

At least we try to get on as often as possible... :(

Incendiary

Quote from: DownsGameClub
As much as I would like to have that removed I can't.

At least we try to get on as often as possible... :(
Perhaps mods in different countries, or more if we already have some.
Just another internet user and anime transbian catgirl dealing with the boring dystopia that is our society. If you were looking for something interesting here, you've come to the wrong place.

My discord is Incendiary__ and you can join my server at https://discord.gg/k2ywUzBAED
My Twitch channl is available at https://twitch.tv/incendiaryoce

Maew Nryang

Am I allowed to create a game where the main point of the rules is "spam and only spam"? I am not sure whether it is violating 2.g or not.
*See XKCD 1688.
Hi. My name is Maew Nryang. Please call me "Maew", not "Nryang".
NEW GAME: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=6658.0

fdreerf

Why is text for login and register white? I couldn't figure how to make an account for the longest time.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: fdreerfWhy is text for login and register white? I couldn't figure how to make an account for the longest time.
I don't understand the problem, seems fine to me.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

fdreerf

Quote from: \\/\/
Quote from: fdreerfWhy is text for login and register white? I couldn't figure how to make an account for the longest time.

It's white on white.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: fdreerf

It's white on white.
That's kinda strange...  I'm not able to duplicate the issue on my end. :/  Maybe check if you have an ad blocker or something?
Sorry about that!

Flowermanvista

It's white on white.
That's not normal. What browser are you using, and are you using any extensions that might modify how the page is rendered?

And by the way, welcome to the TBGs!
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

fdreerf

Quote from: DownsGameClubThat's kinda strange...  I'm not able to duplicate the issue on my end. :/  Maybe check if you have an ad blocker or something?
Sorry about that!
Nope.. instead it was my userstyle for the Scratch forums.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: DownsGameClubThat's kinda strange...  I'm not able to duplicate the issue on my end. :/  Maybe check if you have an ad blocker or something?
Sorry about that!
Nope.. instead it was my userstyle for the Scratch forums.
Oooooh, that makes a bit more sense.  Glad you got it fixed though!

LAWABIDER

can u guys make the posting time slower it makes me wait to long

Flowermanvista

Quote from: LAWABIDERcan u guys make the posting time slower it makes me wait to long
You will only have to wait 60 seconds between posts, instead of 180, when you make 21 posts and become a TBGer.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: Flowermanvista
Quote from: LAWABIDERcan u guys make the posting time slower it makes me wait to long
You will only have to wait 60 seconds between posts, instead of 180, when you make 21 posts and become a TBGer.
^^^

Yeah, sorry.  We do this to prevent spamming on the forums.  As @Flowermanvista mentioned, you'll get to have it shortened to 60 seconds after you become a TBGer.

Hollyleaf

Restrict image and external link sharing for New TBGers. We've been getting too many spambots.
mmmmmmmm i don't use this account anymore so oof, pls see @Squirrelflight instead