News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stop the Spambots!

Started by Seanbobe, May 07, 2019, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

"That's a high other expenditure in october. Think it has anything to do with the strange materials research?"

Conrad took out the document he totally brought with him.
Quote from: seanbobe
The lab report:
My findings on crystallized posts are rather shocking. It is a very potent substance. Used properly, it can form entire communities and revive dying towns within less than a day. However, used improperly, it can drain a community of its life to the benefit of the few with the powerful influence that this gem has on nearby people.
"What do you know about crystalized posts?" he asked, showing the document to the worker.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

John's group:
As Carl equips a bandanna, he picks up the book on the history of Forumtopia.

Carl: According to this book, Forumtopia was built overnight using a mineral called crystallized posts. But that can't be true. The crystal can't be made synthetically and there isn't enough of it in the world to build an entire country.

Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: \//"That's a high other expenditure in october. Think it has anything to do with the strange materials research?"

Conrad took out the document he totally brought with him.
Quote from: seanbobe
The lab report:
My findings on crystallized posts are rather shocking. It is a very potent substance. Used properly, it can form entire communities and revive dying towns within less than a day. However, used improperly, it can drain a community of its life to the benefit of the few with the powerful influence that this gem has on nearby people.
"What do you know about crystalized posts?" he asked, showing the document to the worker.
Worker: Uh... I'm pretty sure that's above my security clearance. You'd need to talk to one of the Spambots about that. Or maybe the Scambots might know something. I'm not sure.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Faressain

Ar'tler then goes to read Economy of Forumtopia. "Well, unless it was a city-state at most and mere foundations or single or two houses realistically. Or the fact it's just a myth."
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wolfslime123

Mr. Conrad looks for any useful things, and grabs a candycane.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

John's group:
Quote from: FaressainAr'tler then goes to read Economy of Forumtopia. "Well, unless it was a city-state at most and mere foundations or single or two houses realistically. Or the fact it's just a myth."
Ar'tler reads the book.
Quote from: SomeoneForumtopia has a few different sources of income, but one main source of income is rare exports. In 2012, an enormous deposit of (a rectangle of paper was cut from the book here.) was discovered in what would become Forumtopia. Moreover, the deposit regenerated quickly since the area had the perfect geography for the formation of (a rectangle of paper was cut from the book here.). Forumtopia was rapidly built to harvest the material, and now Forumtopia provides 98% of the world's exports of (a rectangle of paper was cut from the book here.).

Carl: Strange. Someone cut a hole in the book. Anyways, should we head down now?

Mackenzie's group:

Quote from: \//Mr. Conrad looks for any useful things, and grabs a candycane.

Jack finds the following:
1x Candy Cane: Restore 15 health to the party. Use another item.
1x Anti-spam: Deal 60 damage to all enemies.
5x Crystallized post: Clears negative statuses from the party.

Nozomi: Scambots?
Worker: Our investigation unit. They know stuff that we don't get access to. Their outpost is in the Ban the Person Above You tundra.
Nozomi: Ah. Anyways, we should probably head up now.

Seanbobe

Wolfslime123

"Ok let's go," said Mr. Conrad.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

John's group:
Carl: I think we are ready. Let's go.

Carl uses the access card and opens the stairs. The group heads down a floor. Upon reaching the first floor, they notice the other group, plus some new members walking out of an elevator.

The groups have been rejoined. The post will continue below.
Mackenzie's group:
Quote from: \//"Ok let's go," said Mr. Conrad.
Jack unlocks the elevator with the key. The group walks inside and heads up a floor. On the first floor, the first thing the group notices is the other half of the group walking down a flight of stairs.

The groups have been rejoined. The post will continue below.
Joined group:
After the groups rejoined, the looked around. They seem to be in a small hallway. There is a table with a vase of flowers on it nearby. Above the table is a poster reading "X-ray is cool!" with a picture of a man wearing goggles on it. On the opposite wall, another poster reads "INTERNAL MEMO: Remember to heal yourselves with fruit before entering a major battle." On one end of the hallway is a shelf with a few trophies and medals on it. At the other end is a doorway reading "Receptionist". Above the door is a plaque reading "This building is under the management of Ms. Phish."

Joyous Theta

Junka decides to yoink a trophy so she can sell it later.

"Put that back, young lady," Jimmy says

Junka just stares at Jimmy and yoinks another trophy just to annoy him.

Blunderbus

Mackenzie throws two apples at Josh and one apple at Ar'tler.

John tries to find something that'll deal 1 point of damage to him so he'll be under 50% health for Desperate Measures going into this obvious boss fight.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Joyous Theta

Junka has no idea who this John fellow is or why he's here but gladly punches him.

Tymewalk

Avalon keeps her saxophone close to her, just in case.

Lucy prepares to swing her ladle like a baseball bat, but stops, seeing Junka has already punched John.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Joyous Theta

((going to throw it out there Tyme while you're here that you got a level up and a "skill modification"))

EDIT: Junka takes the cactus flower and the last fearlessness because I guess I'm keeping her when I weigh my options. While I'm at it James takes the pamphlet of luck.

Wolfslime123

"Who here has the strongest attack now?" Conrad asks.

Conrad proceeds to remove both posters.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePiJunka decides to yoink a trophy so she can sell it later.

"Put that back, young lady," Jimmy says

Junka just stares at Jimmy and yoinks another trophy just to annoy him.
The trophies are surprisingly heavy.

Obtained:
1x Very Heavy Trophy (WEAPON): Deals 1d50 damage. Cannot be equipped unless fitness is above 14. Cannot be used if fitness is lowered below 15 by statuses.
1x Heavy trophy (WEAPON): Deals 1d50 damage next turn.

Quote from: FlashFlireMackenzie throws two apples at Josh and one apple at Ar'tler.

John tries to find something that'll deal 1 point of damage to him so he'll be under 50% health for Desperate Measures going into this obvious boss fight.
Healed.
Quote from: CrazeePiJunka has no idea who this John fellow is or why he's here but gladly punches him.
Junka: Punch: 1d10=2+11(fitness)-2(eyeglasses)=11
John: Block: 1d10=8+6(willpower)=14
11<14
John instinctively completely blocks the punch. (And anyways, Desperate measures works in increments of 20% health, so being below 50% won't do anything.)

Quote from: CrazeePi((going to throw it out there Tyme while you're here that you got a level up and a "skill modification"))

EDIT: Junka takes the cactus flower and the last fearlessness because I guess I'm keeping her when I weigh my options. While I'm at it James takes the pamphlet of luck.
Equipped.

Quote from: \//"Who here has the strongest attack now?" Conrad asks.

Conrad proceeds to remove both posters.
Beneath the first poster, Jack finds some graffiti of a pair of X-ray goggles. Beneath the second one, he finds a sheet of notebook paper with "remember, it takes two turns to swap accessories in  battle, so equip your favorite accessory before fighting!" hastily scrawled on it.

Blunderbus

"Uh, thanks for the effort, but... nevermind," John says to Junka.

"Still me," Reshi says to Mr. Conrad.

Mackenzie equips a top hat / strange tie / light bandanna combo since we have 2 extra ones lying around apparently.

Joyous Theta

James looks at his walkthrough to try and figure out who these random people are and what he's supposed to do with them.

James's Deluxe Robot introduces itself to Mr. Conrad, stating that since it can use any attack then that must mean it in itself is the strongest attack.

"Ugh, fine," Junka says, before spraying over the graffiti with her own graffiti. Junka then takes a top hat because she can and puts it on along with the felt hat.

Wolfslime123

Conrad equips the heavy trophy.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

Quote from: FlashFlire"Uh, thanks for the effort, but... nevermind," John says to Junka.

"Still me," Reshi says to Mr. Conrad.

Mackenzie equips a top hat / strange tie / light bandanna combo since we have 2 extra ones lying around apparently.
Equipped.
Quote from: CrazeePiJames looks at his walkthrough to try and figure out who these random people are and what he's supposed to do with them.

James's Deluxe Robot introduces itself to Mr. Conrad, stating that since it can use any attack then that must mean it in itself is the strongest attack.

"Ugh, fine," Junka says, before spraying over the graffiti with her own graffiti. Junka then takes a top hat because she can and puts it on along with the felt hat.
The following passage from the walkthrough seems relevant: "The two halves of the group will rejoin on Floor 1. They should then prepare for the ensuing boss battle, which will happen some time after walking through the door and chatting with Ms. Phish about (the next part was highlighted, but the highlighter made the text bleed so it's illegible). The X-ray goggles  are a good option to put on someone who can heal here."

Quote from: \//Conrad equips the heavy trophy.
Equipped.

Nozomi: Are we almost ready? I can hear someone through this door.

Blunderbus

"I think so," John says.

Mackenzie walks over to the door and knocks on it.

Seanbobe

Quote from: FlashFlire"I think so," John says.

Mackenzie walks over to the door and knocks on it.
When Mackenzie knocks, Ms. Phish opens the door.

Ms. Phish: Oh, it's you guys. I actually don't have any issues with you. I was just about to leave actually. I think there is another god out in the pool behind the building. You can go take  him. I'm done.

Before the group can react, another voice responds from the stairwell.

Carson: Unfortunately, they will still have to deal with me before they can do that.

Blunderbus

"I thought we already dealt with you," John says in the stairwell's general direction.

Faressain

"Yeah. Inconvenient that you're in our way, shame. Well, what do you know about... brohoofs?" - Ar'tler saying that towards Carson.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wolfslime123

"Mey Ms. Phish? Would you mind telling me about crystalised posts? I saw a report and they seem very dangerous."
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seanbobe

Quote from: FlashFlire"I thought we already dealt with you," John says in the stairwell's general direction.
Quote from: Faressain"Yeah. Inconvenient that you're in our way, shame. Well, what do you know about... brohoofs?" - Ar'tler saying that towards Carson.
Carson walks into the hallway and past the group.

Carson: Yes. That is why I won't be the one to fight you.
Quote from: \//"Mey Ms. Phish? Would you mind telling me about crystalised posts? I saw a report and they seem very dangerous."

Ms. Phish: Uh... Sure. The Spambots are gathering it and using it in order to-
Carson: That is enough. You'll be fighting them now, whether you want to or not.

Carson walks past Ms. Phish and begins walking... towards... uh... Carson? What are you doing? Are you walking towards ME? Carson, you can't attack me! I'm not a player! I'm the GM!

Carson: Oh hush.

Carson pulls out a taser.
FZAPPP!

Uh... Hmm̴m... Guess I better do something...
Suddenly, the gua̴rdians of Foru̶mtopia appear.
G̵uardians o̵f̴ Forumt̶opia: Ba̴nis̶h: Success!
Carson̵ is banis̴hed.
N̶o̵w̴ ̵t̴h̴e̴n̵.̴.̶.̴

Ǘ̢̪̺̥͕̳͚̦̮̠̆̒̔̀̆͊͒͝h̵̛̼̪́̈́̋͋͐͊͑̕͝.̢̗͉̲̠̝̎̾̆͐.̶̺̭̩̫̣̠̏̍͌͊͂̈́̏͜͝.͙̜͍̦̫̥̩͇͚̎̇̑ͅͅ

Ö̶̜̹͖̣͍̳́̏̆̀h̢̧̠͔̪̜͚̖̟̞͔̬̝̤̦̜͔̤͙̹̅̊ ̴̛͖͖͓͖͔̥͚̯̏̋̅̐͋͋̾̄͛̌̄͂̽̉̔̾̈͠͝͝n̶̘̮͓̯̫͉̫̯͆́̓̂̊̾͑̄͊̏̓̇͘͠ȍ̥̬̲̻̖̊̃̂̽̌͗͂̿̿͋́̅̂̈́̀͋̆̓͜͝͝.̴̱͖͖̩̰͈͙̘͔͖͖͚̜͔̄͜.̶̬̭̼̲̠̥̥́͂̈́̔̐͊͒͛.̡̧̛̩̝͖͔̲̪̱̬̐̇͛̅͆̂̋͛͗͊́̀͌̄͠ͅ

A glitch has been detected in sector 003!
run CODE(panic.exe);
Keyboard not detected! Please insert waffle disc to proceed!
Waffle disk not detected! Commencing pancake party!

01000011 01100001 01110010 01110011 01101111 01101110 00101100 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 00111111

01000110 01100001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101111 01110010

SYSTEM CRASH!

We apologize for the interruption to your RPG. Please enjoy this boss battle while we try to fix the issue.

54696d6520746f2066696768742061207370616d626f743f
You may not escape from this fight.

Unfortunately, an error is occurring currently. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Don't let the countdown reach 0!

Party:
John:
     Health: Error!
     Energy: 16/20
     Effects from equipment: +1 attack, +1 defense, 1x immunity to fainting.
     Error! Cannot see health! (Lasts until end of battle)(Cannot be removed by player actions)
     Countdown! Will take 999 damage if this status ends or is cleared! (5 turns remaining)(Ends without dealing damage after battle)
Mackenzie:
     Energy: 25/25
     Effects from equipment: +2 energy per turn, skills cost half energy.
     Prepared! +3 to next attack!
     Vigor! Skills cost less energy! (1 turn remaining)
     Rusted! Cannot use Biohazard! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
     Dodgy! May dodge attacks! (1 turn remaining)
     Rusted! Cannot use Laser zap! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
     Error! Cannot see health! (Lasts until end of battle)(Cannot be removed by player actions)
     Countdown! Will take 999 damage if this status ends or is cleared! (5 turns remaining)(Ends without dealing damage after battle)
Reshi:
     Effects from equipment: +5 willpower, -2 fitness, -2 intelligence, +2 energy per turn, halve damage taken and dealt +2 willpower.
     Rusted! Cannot use Come at me! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
     Rusted! Cannot use Primal fury! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
Flynn:
     Energy: 30/30
     Effects from equipment: +2 energy per turn.
     Repetitive tactics! Will use ultra-focus on warm-up every turn! (5 turns remaining)
Nef:
     Energy:24/25
     Effects from equipment: +1 attack, +1 defense, half damage may be dealt back to enemy when attacked.
Coded robot:
Deluxe robot:
     Energy: 15/15
Lucy:
     Energy: 40/45
Avalon:
     Energy: 35/35
     Rusted! Cannot use Invigorating song! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
     Rusted! Cannot use Zap! (User must defend to clear)(Cannot be cleared without defending)
Josh:
     Energy: 30/40
     Effects from equipment: Always roll the average result on dice, rounded down, +1 attack.
Ar'tler:
     Energy: 12/25
     Effects from equipment: +5 intelligence, -2 other stats, +2 energy per turn.
     Fruits and Vegetables! Stats are increased! (+4)(2 turns remaining)
     Faulty Logic! Higher stat between Intelligence and Fitness is used for both! (10 turns remaining)
James:
     Energy: 15/25
     Effects from equipment: Skills cost half energy, +2 energy per turn.
     Fruits and Vegetables! Stats are increased! (+4)(2 turns remaining)
     Faulty Logic! Higher stat between Intelligence and Fitness is used for both! (10 turns remaining)
Deluxe robot:
     Energy: 15/15
Junka:
     Effects from equipment: +5 willpower, -2 fitness, -2 intelligence, standard attacks may inflict freeze.
     Pumped up! Willpower is raised! (+4) Will counter enemy attacks! (1 turn remaining)
Jimmy:
     Effects from equipment: Halve damage taken and dealt, immune to certain statuses.
Jack:
     Energy: 7/35
Carl:
     Prepared: 2x Energize, 3x Time out, 2x Fireball, 3x Shout, 2x Sponge, 1x Fearless, 2x Cooldown
     Effects from equipment: Skills have a chance to not be used up.
Nozomi:
     Energy: 50/50

Spambot:
Ms. Phish:
     Health: 6001/6001
     Skills:
          Denial of Service: Halves each party member's health then rounds down. Cannot be blocked or reduced by equipment or statuses.
          Downtime: Inflicts mute on the party.
          Dictionary attack: 25% chance of inflicting control on each party member.
          Junk Email: Deals 1d10 unblockable damage to the party.
          Virus: Deals 1d40 damage to the party and randomly inflicts cut, freeze, glued, infected, weakened, or confused on each party member.
          Continuity (passive): User is immune to freeze and sleepy.
          Encore (passive): User can act five times per turn. Only the final action can be Denial of Service.
     Fitness: 7
     Defense: 0