News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Life in the Infinite IKEA (SCP-3008)

Started by Wolfslime123, Mar 09, 2020, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

You don't need to know anything about the SCP Universe to play this game. You just need to know what an IKEA store is.

The Infinite IKEA is exactly what it sounds like, but there's some less self explanatory rules.

* The Infinite IKEA is entered when you enter the special IKEA store in your timeline.
* People in the IKEA store mostly come from different timelines, so histories may be a bit altered. This is only important if you want your character to be from a noticeably different timeline.
* There's a day/night cycle where the overhead lights turn off at recordable intervals.
* There are infinite shelves, beds, and other IKEA products, which people often use to create forts and homes.
* These forts are necessary because of the "employees".
* The employees are humanoids in IKEA uniforms that will attack humans during the "night", and will attack during the "day" if provoked, but otherwise will not acknowledge your presence.
* Corpses and parts of employees will attract more, and should be disposed of.
* There is food, which is restocked by unknown means. (Probably out of thin air.)
* There are exits, but they are rare, and most of them will disappear when you get close.
* There are outlets, which provide apparently unlimited power through unknown means.
* Phones will receive no reception.
* Drones and Cameras can send a signal back outside, despite probably being in another dimension, but the signal cannot be triangulated.
* Technically, being infinite, there should be no guarantee that any person should appear near another, but that would not be much fun, so everyone enters out of sight from each other, but at least in a day's walking distance.

This roleplay is freeform, and semi-realistic silliness is allowed.
Other TBG Forums rules apply.
Unlimited characters, because I don't see why not.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance (optional):
Personality (optional):
Timeline differences (optional):
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store):
Other:
Keep in mind that other timelines may allow firearms or other items to be legally brought into an IKEA store. Have fun!

Characters can be accepted by 1 other person already in the roleplay

Living Characters:
Tymewalk-Lewis Jackson
TurquoiseTabby-Maureen Collins
\\/\/-Marsh January
CrazeePi-Patty
SausageMcSauce-Kalles Kaviar
FlashFlire-Junior Senior Jr.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Oh neat, I was just thinking about SCP-3008 the other day!

Character Sheet:
Name: Lewis Jackson
Age (an approximation is acceptable): ~20
Appearance (optional): A tall, scrawny man, Lewis has clearly not adjusted well to life in the IKEA. He has a couple of cuts which have thankfully scabbed over, and he definitely looks like he's been living in an IKEA for the past week.
Personality (optional): Lewis was kind and outgoing, but due to a lack of good sleep and constant fear of attack, has slowly become more frantic and paranoid. He is not quick to trust newcomers and always carries a weapon on him.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Wallet, phone, key ring (with bottle opener), glasses cleaner
Other:
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

Quote from: TymewalkOh neat, I was just thinking about SCP-3008 the other day!

Character Sheet:
Name: Lewis Jackson
Age (an approximation is acceptable): ~20
Appearance (optional): A tall, scrawny man, Lewis has clearly not adjusted well to life in the IKEA. He has a couple of cuts which have thankfully scabbed over, and he definitely looks like he's been living in an IKEA for the past week.
Personality (optional): Lewis was kind and outgoing, but due to a lack of good sleep and constant fear of attack, has slowly become more frantic and paranoid. He is not quick to trust newcomers and always carries a weapon on him.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Wallet, phone, key ring (with bottle opener), glasses cleaner
Other:
Accepted. I'm just now realizing that a free form format might not be the best way to turn 3008 into an RP, but we'll burn that bridge when it becomes relevant.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

TurquoiseTabby

I'll join :)

Name: Maureen Collins
Age (an approximation is acceptable): mid-twenties
Appearance (optional): Maureen has short brown hair, green eyes, is somewhat plump, and is of Indian-American heritage. She is wearing a white long sleeve shirt and jeans, and has strapped various items to her leather belt. She is also carrying a small denim backpack.
Personality (optional): Maureen is generally optimistic to a fault, and often fails to consider the bad outcomes of things. She is good at making things with her hands, but isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Her wallet (containing a driver's license, a school ID, and a Chase Bank credit card), a few band aids, a pack of pocket tissues, and a tie-dye bandana. She has a small pocket knife hanging off of her belt.
Other:
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: TurquoiseTabbyName: Maureen Collins
Age (an approximation is acceptable): mid-twenties
Appearance (optional): Maureen has short brown hair, green eyes, is somewhat plump, and is of Indian-American heritage. She is wearing a white long sleeve shirt and jeans, and has strapped various items to her leather belt. She is also carrying a small denim backpack.
Personality (optional): Maureen is generally optimistic to a fault, and often fails to consider the bad outcomes of things. She is good at making things with her hands, but isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Her wallet (containing a driver's license, a school ID, and a Chase Bank credit card), a few band aids, a pack of pocket tissues, and a tie-dye bandana. She has a small pocket knife hanging off of her belt.
Other:
Accepted.

Tyme's character seems to have experienced the IKEA already, but yours seems like she has not.

Maureen Collins walks into an IKEA, for whatever reasons may be (likely to buy confusing furniture), and very quickly notices that the store is very empty, and if she looks behind her, she'll realize there's no door behind her anymore... or a wall.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

TurquoiseTabby

Quote from: \\/\/Tyme's character seems to have experienced the IKEA already, but yours seems like she has not.

You're correct — at least, Maureen has not been in this IKEA before. Also, would you prefer the RP to be in 1st or 3rd person?
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------
Maybe, as we slowly march towards death, we actually just experience one large, interwoven, and often wonderful coincidence.

Wolfslime123

Name: Marsh January
Age (an approximation is acceptable): Mid-twenties
Appearance (optional): black hair, dark brown eyes, light skin color, swept bangs.
Personality (optional):
Timeline differences (optional): Comes from a timeline where there's no Statues of Liberty.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): A wallet, with ID etc. and some money. A phone.
Other: None.

Side note: I'm adding a few facts to the IKEA.

- There are outlets, which provide apparently unlimited power through unknown means.
- Phones will receive no reception.
- Drones and Cameras can send a signal back outside, despite probably being in another dimension, but the signal cannot be triangulated.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

SausageMcSauce

Here is the worst RP character ever to exist:

Name: Kalles Kaviar
Age (an approximation is acceptable): 35
Appearance (optional): Blond hair, blue eyes, grey t-shirt and trousers. White Shoes.
Personality (optional):
Timeline differences (optional): From a world ruled by ABBA and their descendants. Also, bread does not exist there.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): 2 tissues, 8 coins and a picture of ABBA.
Other:
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

Joyous Theta

Character Sheet:
Name: Patty
Age (an approximation is acceptable): 3
Appearance (optional): Looks like a dog, smells like a dog, yup, she's a dog
Personality (optional):
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Collar with a name tag that has her name and owner's phone number
Other: Is a dog

Wolfslime123

Quote from: CrazeePiCharacter Sheet:
Name: Patty
Age (an approximation is acceptable): 3
Appearance (optional): Looks like a dog, smells like a dog, yup, she's a dog
Personality (optional):
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): Collar with a name tag that has her name and owner's phone number
Other: Is a dog
Accepted. We can start whenever.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

((I think you missed Kalles))

Patty wanders into an abandoned IKEA, having lost her owner. Unfortunately for her, she soon finds herself in the infinite IKEA.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: SausageMcSauceHere is the worst RP character ever to exist:

Name: Kalles Kaviar
Age (an approximation is acceptable): 35
Appearance (optional): Blond hair, blue eyes, grey t-shirt and trousers. White Shoes.
Personality (optional):
Timeline differences (optional): From a world ruled by ABBA and their descendants. Also, bread does not exist there.
Items (Whatever a random person might bring into an IKEA store): 2 tissues, 8 coins and a picture of ABBA.
Other:
Accepted.

I'm gonna do a bit of GM for people who first join without knowing about SCP-3008 I think.

Quote from: CrazeePi((I think you missed Kalles))

Patty wanders into an abandoned IKEA, having lost her owner. Unfortunately for her, she soon finds herself in the infinite IKEA.
Patty immediately realizes that she doesn't know where her owner is, and confusingly, doesn't know where the walls have gone.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

SausageMcSauce

Kalles gets a table set out and starts to build it.

TurquoiseTabby

Maureen freezes in shock for a moment, her heart racing. "Maybe this is normal," Maureen says, "it's been a while since I've been in an IKEA." She continues to walk down a seemingly endless furniture showroom.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Prism

Name: Kestrel Mackenzie
Appearance: Average height, long, sandy brown hair, wearing a green t-shirt and dark blue shorts
Personality: INTP-A
Timeline differences:
Items: Four $50 bills, smartphone, school ID, pocket knife
Other:
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Joyous Theta

Patty turns around and begins to wander around.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: JayfeatherName: Kestrel Mackenzie
Appearance: Average height, long, sandy brown hair, wearing a green t-shirt and dark blue shorts
Personality: INTP-A
Timeline differences:
Items: Four $50 bills, smartphone, school ID, pocket knife
Other:
Accepted
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

Marsh walks into the Infinite IKEA.

He very quickly notices the entrance is gone.

Uh... what's going on?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

After wandering for a while, Patty sees some sort of humanoid off in the distance and begins to wander towards them.

Prism

Kestrel walks into the IKEA, and looks around on the shelves. After not finding what she needs, she heads off towards the exit.

What exit?

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Joyous Theta

As Patty begins to reach the humanoid figure, she begins to notice that it looked very off, like it wasn't actually human like she originally thought it was. And this thing, whatever it was, smelled like extreme danger to Patty. She did not like this one bit.

Patty starts barking loudly and defensively.

SausageMcSauce

Kalles finishes the table and looks around for thing he could use as walls.

Blunderbus

Name: Junior Senior Jr.
Appearance: Typical 11-year old height, very messy hair. Clothes are almost always bright colours. Yes, even his shoes.
Personality: Very excitable, usually very enthusiastic about whatever he's doing. Not above exaggerating something to get someone else in trouble.
Timeline differences: Alternate 2020 that maintained the concept of letting kids run off and do whatever they want without supervision.
Items: Brick phone (his parents didn't trust him with a smartphone), wallet that only has cash in it, pen.
Other: First name Junior, last name Senior. Son of one Junior Senior Sr.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

TurquoiseTabby

Maureen continues walking cheerfully down the unending hall.
"Maybe something is wrong here..." Maureen thinks to herself.
Don't trust me to stay.
-----------

Prism

Kestrel looks frantically around. "I coulda sworn Ikeas had exits," she mutters to herself.