News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: DoubleDenial
Quote from: SausageMcSauceWhere?
discord

Could you put those in a post here (I don't use Discord)?
I have not posted here in around a year and a bit.

DownsGameClub

Quote from: SausageMcSauce
Quote from: SausageMcSauceWhere?
discord

I can't access the screenshot since I'm using a public computer at the moment.  However, I will confirm that we did change the number of posts as a joke.  It is almost impossible for a user, let alone a New TBGer, to get 12 000 000 posts in less than a week.

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: DownsGameClub
Quote from: DoubleDenialdiscord

I can't access the screenshot since I'm using a public computer at the moment.  However, I will confirm that we did change the number of posts as a joke.  It is almost impossible for a user, let alone a New TBGer, to get 12 000 000 posts in less than a week.

Was the account created you messed about with a test account made by you or an account you didn't own?

Tymewalk

Quote from: DoubleDenialdiscord

It's also worth noting that the total number of posts on the site is still unaffected by this (check the homepage - as of now it's 471,964). We'd need about 25 and a half copies of the entire TBG Forums just to get 12 million posts.

And in case anybody's wondering, if you posted as fast as possible and had a standard 60-second rule from post 1... it'd take about 22.8 years (~8333.33 days) of continuous posting just to get 12 million posts. If you started on March 7, 1997, you'd be done today, and if you started today, you'd be done on October 23, 2042.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Shpore

OPEN. THE. FREAKING. CAPSULE.

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: SausageMcSauceCould you put those in a post here (I don't use Discord)?
It's also worth noting that the total number of posts on the site is still unaffected by this (check the homepage - as of now it's 471,964). We'd need about 25 and a half copies of the entire TBG Forums just to get 12 million posts.

And in case anybody's wondering, if you posted as fast as possible and had a standard 60-second rule from post 1... it'd take about 22.8 years (~8333.33 days) of continuous posting just to get 12 million posts. If you started on March 7, 1997, you'd be done today, and if you started today, you'd be done on October 23, 2042.

Was it done so Downs could test his new powers as a TBG Team member?

redgreenandblue

Quote from: TymewalkAnd in case anybody's wondering, if you posted as fast as possible and had a standard 60-second rule from post 1... it'd take about 22.8 years (~8333.33 days) of continuous posting just to get 12 million posts. If you started on March 7, 1997, you'd be done today, and if you started today, you'd be done on October 23, 2042.
okay so as it turns out the math I did earlier did not check out and tymewalk is right

the2000

Quote from: redgreenandblueokay so as it turns out the math I did earlier did not check out and tymewalk is right
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

DownsGameClub

Quote from: SausageMcSauceCould you put those in a post here (I don't use Discord)?

Was the account created you messed about with a test account made by you or an account you didn't own?
It was created by a spambot that was banned.

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: DownsGameClubI can't access the screenshot since I'm using a public computer at the moment.  However, I will confirm that we did change the number of posts as a joke.  It is almost impossible for a user, let alone a New TBGer, to get 12 000 000 posts in less than a week.

So you tested random stuff with that account (using TBG Team powers)?

DownsGameClub

Quote from: SausageMcSauceWas the account created you messed about with a test account made by you or an account you didn't own?
So you tested random stuff with that account (using TBG Team powers)?
Yup.  We can actually do a ton of things with the TBG Team role.
We won't mess with you guys unless you all misbehave (you know what I mean) :P

Prism

We should get customizable titles
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Faressain

Quote from: ArceusWe should get customizable titles

And set them to TBGers above 1000? 1500 posts maybe...
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

the2000

Quote from: Faressain
Quote from: ArceusWe should get customizable titles

And set them to TBGers above 1000? 1500 posts maybe...
I don't think customizable titles are really a thing that the TBG Team would want to do on the forums.

SausageMcSauce

Should the account used to test changing post counts be deleted, as the test is over and the account was only used before the test for spamming purposes?

the2000

Quote from: SausageMcSauceShould the account used to test changing post counts be deleted, as the test is over and the account was only used before the test for spamming purposes?
it was not a test it was just the tbg team messing around

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: SausageMcSauceShould the account used to test changing post counts be deleted, as the test is over and the account was only used before the test for spamming purposes?
it was not a test it was just the tbg team messing around

The account isn't needed anymore.

the2000

Quote from: SausageMcSauceThe account isn't needed anymore.
dude calm down it's just funny

Wolfslime123

Question, what is the topic with the most posts, and is there a quick way to find out?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

redgreenandblue

Quote from: \//Question, what is the topic with the most posts, and is there a quick way to find out?
I don't consistently update this one but here is the last one from November: https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=487216
It is at the bottom of that month's archive

also to actually answer the question it is If this leaves the first TBG page, we lose!

Prism

Set everyone's status to "Banned"
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

JustMeMeMe

Quote from: JayfeatherSet everyone's status to "Banned"
What???
A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.
LOL.

SausageMcSauce

Quote from: JustMeMeMe
Quote from: JayfeatherSet everyone's status to "Banned"
What???

That suggestions was for April Fools. It was never to be implemented.

BaconAndEggs1

Is there any easy way to unsubscribe from forum topics (and can an admin do it for you like detailed in this thread)? I keep getting e-mails at all sorts of hours. It seems the only way to unsubscribe from each is to mark it in a new post on the thread, but I don't want to spam.
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

redgreenandblue

Quote from: BaconAndEggs1Is there any easy way to unsubscribe from forum topics (and can an admin do it for you like detailed in this thread)? I keep getting e-mails at all sorts of hours. It seems the only way to unsubscribe from each is to mark it in a new post on the thread, but I don't want to spam.
This isn't the solution you are looking for but if nothing else I bet you can change the email address on your account.