News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Endless Labyrinth

Started by Murphmario, Nov 25, 2019, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphmario

THE STORY:
On August 5th, 2013, while digging to extend Athen's sewer system, a group of construction workers discover ancient ruins that have not been found before, it's door sealed shut. Weeks passed, and no one was able to get in, even with pickaxes (explosives were considered, but were determined too dangerous to the ruins.) The only thing people were able to find out about it were some ancient writings on the door. Upon being translated, the texts said the following:
"When the time comes, at the start of *insert Ancient Greece calendar equivalent of 2020 here*, come back, and prepare for the trials ahead."
Years pass, and it is eventually January 1st, 2020. And, for whatever reason, everyone is afraid to go in there. That is, everyone except for you and a few other people (the other players).

PLAYER APPS:
Note that these will also be used to determine the various statuses of characters, such as their items.

-Name:
-Species:
-Appearance (Optional, but recommended):
-Profession (Optional):
-Backstory (Optional, but recommended):
-Inventory:
 -Primary Weapon (Nothing too overpowered at the start):
 -Euros (The currency used for shops inside the labyrinth, with the exception of special currencies if anyone decides to do those. Everyone starts with 100 Euros, no more, no less.): 100
 -Armor (Nothing too overpowered at the start):
 -Accessories (Again, nothing too overpowered at the start. Only one max per starting player):
 -Other (Again, nothing too overpowered at the start. These are items that don't fall into the other categories; only three max per starting player):
-Skills (These can technically be done by anyone, but this is something the character in particular is good at):
-Abilities (These are stuff like magic spells, special non-armored protections, ect.):
-Weaknesses (Have at least one.):
-Status Effect: None
-Other:

The only real rule is to not make a character overpowered, as stated several times throughout the app.

The first of the new characters will start at the entrance to the Labyrinth (Floor 1), while anyone who joins afterwards will have to wait until either the group reaches a reward floor, or when a boss is beaten

HOW THE LABYRINTH WORKS:
What exactly each floor of the labyrinth contains will be decided by a random person who's been approved by the RP. If you want to make floors but not have to control a character, just state that you only want to make floors. Also, you can only make two floors in a row; if you get chosen three times, someone else will go.

There are some exceptions to floor layouts:
-Every 50th Floor will contain a boss battle. These are typically stronger than every other enemy before them
-Every other 10th Floor will be a reward floor, containing a chest with an item determined by whoever is assigned the floor, as well as a few euros and potentially a shopkeeper if the person assigned the floor chooses to have one. If you played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario, you know what I'm talking about. The only difference is the possible appearance of the room and the fact that there's a door for new people to exit through (it doesn't lead back up to the surface, so don't try that.)

Also, the following rules are applied to floors:
-You can have ways to get down to lower floors, however, they can only skip up to 3 floors
-Just because there are various floors doesn't mean that each floor can't have multiple levels. Don't make it as tall as a standard skyscraper though.

Other than those rules, feel free to go nuts!

Note that the above may not be finalized. Criticism is welcome.

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

Also Here's an RP thing or something.

Joyous Theta

I'll sign up to make floors for now.

Also how does combat work in here?

Murphmario

Quote from: CrazeePiI'll sign up to make floors for now.

Also how does combat work in here?

...I actually don't know. Probably should have some sort of combat system. Maybe just a simple one only involving stats would be fine?

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

Blunderbus

-Name: Teddy Zeke
-Species: Human
-Appearance: A little short & thin. Doesn't look that notable. Scruffy brown hair, hazel eyes.
-Profession: N/A
-Backstory: Raised in Australia, and heard about this thing over the internet. Family went to Greece for a holiday around Christmas, and he snuck away to come see what the whole labyrinth thing was about.
-Inventory: What's the difference between this and "other"?
-Primary Weapon: Aluminium baseball bat.
-Euros: 100
-Armor: Bike helmet & elbow + knee pads, but just normal clothes apart from that.
-Accessories: Backpack that gives him a little more protection from back attacks, in exchange for its weight slowing him down a bit.
-Other: Smartphone, cricket ball.
-Skills: Good at climbing, decent throwing arm.
-Abilities: None to start with
-Weaknesses: Not physically strong. Can be a bit reckless.
-Other: It's been a while since I've signed up to something as a Teddy
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

-Name: Grayson
-Species: Human
-Appearance (Optional, but recommended): Black hair, blue eyes, fair skin
-Profession (Optional): Programmer
-Backstory (Optional, but recommended): Is bored with life and wants to try something new.
-Inventory:
-Primary Weapon (Nothing too overpowered at the start): Flashlight
-Euros (The currency used for shops inside the labyrinth, with the exception of special currencies if anyone decides to do those. Everyone starts with 100 Euros, no more, no less.): 100
-Armor (Nothing too overpowered at the start): Plastic raincoat.
-Accessories (Again, nothing too overpowered at the start. Only one max per starting player): A ring that helps him resist certain status effects.
-Other (Again, nothing too overpowered at the start. These are items that don't fall into the other categories; only three max per starting player): 1 steak, 1 sweet tea, and 1 water bottle.
-Skills (These can technically be done by anyone, but this is something the character in particular is good at): Solving puzzles and decoding codes.
-Abilities (These are stuff like magic spells, special non-armored protections, ect.): Basic healing spell, Basic clear negative status spell, basic raise defense spell. All single target.
-Weaknesses (Have at least one.): Will panic and flee if he is ever alone. Doesn't react well to earth based attacks.
-Other: Doesn't speak a lot.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Murphmario

Murphmario

Reserving this post as well since it might come in handy.