News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Lethal Skies - War is bad but Planes are rad!

Started by Orifan1, Nov 18, 2019, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orifan1

its 2020. the world is in peace. or should be. however, there have been strange sightings of unmarked aircraft doing... things.

you are a fighter pilot for the Private Military Company "Mobius". your company has been contracted to participate in an airshow for the United States Navy, and then to join them in a group training exercise
given that PMCs are rarely ever invited to Airshows or training exercises, this speaks well of your company's good reputation.
however, something feels off about the airshow...

this RP is going to be a lot more arcadey than the usual RP. it will be divided into "missions", each mission has an aircraft selection sequence prior to its start, and prior to the aircraft selection sequence, there will be a briefing scene, where you are given information regarding the mission (save for mission 0), and a debriefing scene after each mission
ALSO, use <<this>> instead of "this" for radio communications. for example:
<<AWACS SkyEye>>
<<This is your AWACS, callsign "SkyEye". for the duration of this mission, you are under my command>>
another thing worth mentioning is that in this RP, aircraft have a lot more missiles than they can carry in real life.
player list

Quote from: SsnakeeTheDragonName: (leave blank if silent protagonist)
Callsign: blackbird
Appearance (leave blank if silent protagonist)
Backstory: (leave blank if silent protagonist)
Aircraft paintjob: Completely black
Starting Aircraft: MiG-21-93
Quote from: FaressainName: Andrew de'Umilon
Callsign: Delta
Appearance: A mid-thirties man, which other than the suit, just looks like any other World War II pilot. The keyword being the event, even if it was 80 years ago or more.
Backstory: He came from the family of aviation veterans, that was began by Beffer de'Umilion himself. Keeping the pride per se, he decided to enroll in the aviation too. His traditions though decided that he will upkeep the proudness of the greatest veteran in his family, to make his now-dead great-grandpa proud.
Aircraft paintjob: Spitfire - World War II style :: French
Starting Aircraft: F-4e
Quote from: Wolfslime123Name: Felix Wolffe
Callsign: W01
Aircraft paintjob: Cloud Grey
Starting aircraft : Mig-21-93
Quote from: BajaBlast98Name: Tony Greene
Callsign: Sunburn
Backstory: Drafted in Vietnam as a Helicopter Pilot. Returned home to make it big off of the stock market, and bought his own Twin Engine Cobra to get to fly again. Joined a PMC because of a couple unwise investments, leaving him in need of money.
Starting aircraft : AH-1W SuperCobra
currently available aircraft and their special weapons:
F-4e : Napalm Bombs, Quick-Air-to-Air-Maneuver-missiles
Mig-21-93 : Unguided Bomb, Semi-Active-Air-to-Air-Missile, Machine Gun Pod

Application:

Name: (leave blank if silent protagonist)
Callsign:
Aircraft paintjob: (leave blank if using manufacturer standard)
Starting aircraft : (this is only used for mission zero. after that, you are free to use whatever aircraft is currently available)
on discord, i am known as Orifan1#0531.
Ori and the Blind Forest is the best game ever and if you disagree you are actually wrong

h4x

Name: (leave blank if silent protagonist)
Callsign: blackbird
Aircraft paintjob: Completely black
Starting Aircraft: MiG-21-93
SP: SAAM

Faressain

Name: Andrew de'Umilon
Callsign: Delta
Appearance: A mid-thirties man, which other than the suit, just looks like any other World War II pilot. The keyword being the event, even if it was 80 years ago or more.
Backstory: He came from the family of aviation veterans, that was began by Beffer de'Umilion himself. Keeping the pride per se, he decided to enroll in the aviation too. His traditions though decided that he will upkeep the proudness of the greatest veteran in his family, to make his now-dead great-grandpa proud.
Aircraft paintjob: Spitfire - World War II style :: French
Starting Aircraft: F-4e
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Orifan1

MISSION ZERO
https://youtu.be/3atIvMfAX04
Blackbird and Delta are flying in a 2-plane formation. joining them is Omega Squadron, and  String Squadron. Omega Squadron takes a more traditionalist approach to PMC work, equipping all members of the squadron with planes that are most suitable for the operation. while String squadron prefers to take the philosophy of the swiss army knife to heart. Omega squadron's current aircraft lineup is 4 F-4e Phantom IIs. meanwhile, String Squadron consists of an F-18, a Tornado IDS, a Mig-29, and an Su-27.

<<AWACS "SkyEye">>
<<This is your AWACS speaking. String, Omega, Blackbird, and Delta. we are here to participate in the United States Navy's air show, and then to join them in their training exercise.>>
<<there are 5 UAVs that each squadron/element has been assigned to take down.>>

[MISSION UPDATE]
<<AWACS>>
<<Element 1 (Blackbird and Delta), your first UAV is direct infront of you. lock onto it and fire a missile at it.>>

contact list:
TGT_F-4e x1
Ori and the Blind Forest is the best game ever and if you disagree you are actually wrong

h4x

I lock on and press down on to fire. A missile is fired.

Faressain

"Confirmed. Firing a missile." - Andrew did that without question against UAV (which he locked down on)

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Orifan1

both missiles hit the F-4e, and it explodes
<<AWACS>>
<<good. onto the next>>
<<this next one is a bit further away. you'll need to increase your throttle to catch up to it>>

contact list:
TGT_F-4e x1

Faressain

<> - Andrew speeds up , and then he proceeded to do the same on the second enemy UAV.

h4x

The throttle lever is pushed forwards. The craft speeds up, and a missile is fired apon the next target.

Orifan1

the missiles connect, and the target explodes
<<AWACS>>
<<good. this next UAV is in a formation with 2 others. only shoot down the one marked at "TGT".>>

contact list:
TGT_F-4e x1
f-4e x2

Faressain

<> - Andrew had decided to do a cobra manoeuvre to level with the TGT plane, and then decided to fire a missile on guidance of locking down. At the same TGT target. I hope Beffer is proud of me on the first mission. Wherever place on heaven he is.

h4x

I position myself for an optimal shot. I fire at the target.

Orifan1

the missiles, again, hit their target, and the target explodes|
<<AWACS>>
<<good. before we move on to the next 2 targets, i need to explain how your special weapons work. the SAAM is a long range missile that has high accuracy, but requires the user to keep their aircraft's nose pointed at the target. this is best done from long range. meanwhile, the QAAM has a much wider lock on scope than regular missiles, and are much more maneuverable than standard missiles. on top of this, they wont give up on pursuing their target until they run out of fuel. the same goes for SAAMs.>>

<<AWACS>>
<<these next two targets are much more maneuverable than what you have been shooting down so far. switch to your special weapons to shoot them down.>>

contact list:
TGT_f-5e x2

Faressain

<> - Andrew hovers his hand over "release QAAM", before locking on the first target F-5e and pressing it (the button, anyway) once he's close enough.

h4x

Orifan1

Quote from: SsnakeeTheDragonI fire apon the targets.
(with what?)

h4x

Orifan1

both missiles hit their targets, and the two UAVs go down
<<AWACS>>
<<great work, Element 1.>>
<<String 1 "soul">>
<<SkyEye! to the east!>>
<<AWACS>>
<<huh? what the hell...>>

[MISSION UPDATE]

<<AWACS>>
<<All units, there is a large formation of aircraft approaching from the east. all units are authorized to engage!>>
<<Omega 1>>
<<man, finally! some action!>>

contact list:
TGT_mig-21-93 x3

[insert a bunch of generic fighters and bombers that are making a beeline towards the opposite side of the AO that are somehow going too fast for you to pursue]

h4x

I make an adjustment on course for rudder, and head to intercept.

Wolfslime123

Name: Felix Wolffe
Callsign: W01
Aircraft paintjob: Cloud Grey
Starting aircraft : Mig-21-93
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Orifan1

the rest of the aircraft are already too far away. but 3 Mig-21-93s have stuck around in the area of operations

h4x

Faressain

<> - Just in case, Andrew decided to join the surrounding of the target MIGs.

Orifan1

two of the migs fire missiles at Delta

<<AWACS>>
<<the homing capeabilities of those missiles is pretty weak, they should be easy to evade>>

(wolf, your character will be introduced next mission)

Faressain

<> Andrew dives under, before doing a 270 light turn and firing back at these MIGs.