News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Onwards and Upwards

Started by Tymewalk, Oct 21, 2019, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark

Anhwyl waits for the nearest tiger to launch its attack. Whether it succeeds or not, she stabs it while it's distracted. Aim for the face.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Tymewalk

Quote from: seanbobeLan blocks with the shield and tries to dodge.
Tiger: 6
Lan: 13

The tiger makes a weak pounce at Lan, briefly becoming trapped in the shield as it wriggles to get itself free. Lan just barely manages to hold the shield together long enough for Isaac to strike.
Quote from: DaEpikDudeIsaac runs towards Lan, hoping to punch the tiger if it gets stuck in the water shield.
Isaac: 5

Isaac's punch manages to hit the tiger, although it seems he miscalculated the force he'd need to send a punch through water. Thankfully, the tiger seems mildly confused as-is, and Lan isn't in much danger for the immediate moment.
Quote from: TheLastDino"Tch," Leonhardt spits. He attempts to dodge the tiger.
Tiger: 17
Leonhardt: 17

The tiger makes an expertly-timed lunge at Leonhardt, managing to predict about where he's trying to dodge to.

It doesn't seem to matter much though - despite Leonhardt nearly being hurt, he manages to slip right past the tiger, with only a minor graze on his clothing. It's a close call, for sure, and not one he might be able to make again.
Quote from: CrazeePiBree gets ready to punch another tiger out of the air.
Tiger: 11
Bree: 18

The tiger leaps towards Bree, but unfortunately, it only solidifies the tiger's fate. Bree delivers a rock-solid punch, turning the tiger's own momentum against it and sending it flying into the air. If the ceilings were short in this room, it would have definitely hit it.

The tiger is definitely downed, as it lands with a WHUD on the ground in front of the party.
Quote from: DarkAnhwyl waits for the nearest tiger to launch its attack. Whether it succeeds or not, she stabs it while it's distracted. Aim for the face.
Anhwyl: 14

Anhwyl quickly takes notice of Leonhardt's near-dodge and swoops in to stab the tiger. As the tiger finishes its leap, the blade lands on the side of its face, and the tiger skids to a stop while trying to get its bearings.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Seanbobe

Lan tries to create more water to prepare a better shield.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

Isaac fires a bolt of lightning at the tiger that jumped at Lan, using his dry hand. Just to be safe.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Dark

Stab again. Several times. Stab stab stab.

Joyous Theta

"IS THAT ALL YE GOT?" Bree yells, putting her fists up.

Dino

Leonhardt moves to incinerate the tiger that Anhwyl just stabbed.

Tymewalk

Quote from: seanbobeLan tries to create more water to prepare a better shield.
Lan: 19

Making your chosen element can be hard, but Lan seems to do it well enough. Picking up the water they already had, plus some from the floor, Lan now has a sizeable shield in front of themself.
Quote from: DaEpikDudeIsaac fires a bolt of lightning at the tiger that jumped at Lan, using his dry hand. Just to be safe.
Isaac: 7
Tiger: 13 - 3 (covered in water) = 10

Isaac manages to get a small bolt of lightning out towards the tiger, who quickly breaks free of Lan's water shield. Being covered in water, however, the tiger takes more damage than usual, and falls to the ground, stunned. It tries to get back up, slipping due to the water covering the ground.
Quote from: DarkStab again. Several times. Stab stab stab.
Anhwyl: 5
Tiger: 5 - 1 (stabbed) = 4

Anhwyl seems to miss in the action, only getting a couple of grazes in. The blade definitely hits, though - the tiger can't move much, on account of having just been stabbed.
Quote from: CrazeePi"IS THAT ALL YE GOT?" Bree yells, putting her fists up.
The tiger Lan was fighting turns its attention to Bree, and after shaking off the water, begins charging at her.
Quote from: TheLastDinoLeonhardt moves to incinerate the tiger that Anhwyl just stabbed.
Leonhardt: 7

Leonhardt isn't exactly incinerating anything, but between the stab and the fire, the tiger falls to the ground, downed.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Isaac hangs back, and starts preparing another bolt of lightning.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

Lan checks if their is enough water to attack a tiger without weakening the shield too much. If there is, Lan takes a small amount of water from the shield and fires it at the tiger attacking Bree. If not, Lan puts the shield in front of Bree.

Joyous Theta

If Lan puts the shield in front of Bree, she just looks around extremely confused, mutters "What are ye doing?" to nobody in particular, and attempts to punch the shield away in an attempt to get a clear shot at the tiger.

If Lan doesn't put the shield in front of Bree, Bree gets ready to punch more tigers.

Dino

Leonhardt tries karate-kicking the tiger charging at Bree.

Tymewalk

(Going to bump for Anhwyl, I'll auto Anhwyl around this time tomorrow if there's no action.)

Dark

(Whoops.)

If the wet tiger is still moving....stab. If not, the other one is also a valid target for stabbing.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeIsaac hangs back, and starts preparing another bolt of lightning.
Isaac charges up a bolt of lightning in his hands. The bright bolt seems to quiver in his hands as he charges it up, ready to be unleashed on an opponent at any minute.
Quote from: seanbobeLan checks if their is enough water to attack a tiger without weakening the shield too much. If there is, Lan takes a small amount of water from the shield and fires it at the tiger attacking Bree. If not, Lan puts the shield in front of Bree.
Lan has plenty of water, so a small bolt won't affect their shield.

Firing off a bolt, the tiger seems to be distracted, shaking the water off again.
Quote from: CrazeePiIf Lan puts the shield in front of Bree, she just looks around extremely confused, mutters "What are ye doing?" to nobody in particular, and attempts to punch the shield away in an attempt to get a clear shot at the tiger.

If Lan doesn't put the shield in front of Bree, Bree gets ready to punch more tigers.
Bree: 4
Tiger: Distracted! 1

Bree doesn't punch as hard as she was hoping, but the tiger seems to not expect it anyways, and being distracted didn't help. She knocks the tiger backwards, causing it to stumble as it tries to figure out what just happened.
Quote from: DinoLeonhardt tries karate-kicking the tiger charging at Bree.
Leonhardt: 8
Tiger: Stunned!

Leonhardt takes advantage of the tiger's confusion to strike, with one solid kick knocking the tiger onto the ground.
Quote from: Dark(Whoops.)

If the wet tiger is still moving....stab. If not, the other one is also a valid target for stabbing.
Tiger: Downed!

Anhwyl completes the combo by stabbing the tiger, defeating it and leaving the four tigers on the ground. Nothing of value seems to be left in the room, although backtracking is always an option.

As the party continues past the tigers, they climb a set of stairs, and enter a room as cold as ice, reinforced by the fact Lan's shield appears to be starting to freeze over.

Floor 2

Shockingly, the entire room is encased in ice. The walls are sloped and giant icicles hang from the ceiling, dripping ever so slightly. Snow blankets the ground, and a cold wind blasts the party as it comes from the other end of the... room?

The "room" seems to be more like a cave. One which the party will no doubt have some issue escaping from, seeing as how the exit is close to the ceiling.

If anyone has to go back to Floor 1, now would be the time. The entryway seems to be gathering frost at a somewhat alarming rate.

Joyous Theta

Bree goes back and attempts to haul back an entire tiger.

You know, for food.

Seanbobe

Lan turns to Leonhardt.

"Fire melts ice."

BajaBlast98

Name: Jacob Keller
Appearance: A lanky fellow who's sloppily burnt off most of his hair. He doesn't wear shoes.
Why do you want to climb the tower?: For the hell of it. Probably just wants to see if the rumors are actually true.
Class of Magic: Fire
Other: Probably isn't right in the head.

Inventory: Leather Tunic, Leather Pants, Leather Cap
Abilities/Attributes: None

this is everything, right? do i have to tell you his backstory or anything?

Tymewalk

Quote from: BajaBlast98Name: Jacob Keller
Appearance: A lanky fellow who's sloppily burnt off most of his hair. He doesn't wear shoes.
Why do you want to climb the tower?: For the hell of it. Probably just wants to see if the rumors are actually true.
Class of Magic: Fire
Other: Probably isn't right in the head.

Inventory: Leather Tunic, Leather Pants, Leather Cap
Abilities/Attributes: None

this is everything, right? do i have to tell you his backstory or anything?
Nah, you're good. I'll add you now, since the party just entered this room.
Quote from: CrazeePiBree goes back and attempts to haul back an entire tiger.

You know, for food.
Bree manages to drag the tiger up the stairs, and although the tiger's weight proves to be challenging, she manages to lay the tiger down on the floor with a thud.