News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgreenandblue

Quote from: DoubleDenialwell whatever it is we do it should be anything but ads on scratch
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really understand how tied this forum is to Scratch. I mean, almost all of us are Scratchers (or were at one point), the Scratch Wiki refers to this website as "The official replacement to the original Scratch TBG Forums", and the tbgs sometimes get recommended by members of the Scratch Team (Paddle2See).
On the other hand I have reasons to believe that Scratch wants nothing to do with us (eg. Scratch shutting down our studio a couple years ago)

I'm hoping this is addressed by the TBG Team sometime.

BaconAndEggs1

Quote from: redgreenandblue
Quote from: DoubleDenialwell whatever it is we do it should be anything but ads on scratch
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really understand how tied this forum is to Scratch. I mean, almost all of us are Scratchers (or were at one point), the Scratch Wiki refers to this website as "The official replacement to the original Scratch TBG Forums", and the tbgs sometimes get recommended by members of the Scratch Team (Paddle2See).
On the other hand I have reasons to believe that Scratch wants nothing to do with us (eg. Scratch shutting down our studio a couple years ago)

I'm hoping this is addressed by the TBG Team sometime.
IIRC, the Scratch Team have stopped recommending this site now because of this site having no security, mostly out of fear over kids submitting sensitive information like e-mail.
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

Wolfslime123

Oh really? Anyway, I'm one of the people that were told to go here by scratchteam when I tried to make a tbg there.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Murphmario

Honestly, coming from another forum with a different software, I'm not the biggest fan of how small everything is. It also annoys me that there isn't an alerts system, though I don't know if the staff here can really do anything about my complaints.

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

Also Here's an RP thing or something.

Seanbobe

Quote from: MurphmarioHonestly, coming from another forum with a different software, I'm not the biggest fan of how small everything is. It also annoys me that there isn't an alerts system, though I don't know if the staff here can really do anything about my complaints.
You can change the style of the posts by going to profile, then display, and switching away from ScratchStyle. The other styles fill the whole screen.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Murphmario

Quote from: seanbobe
Quote from: MurphmarioHonestly, coming from another forum with a different software, I'm not the biggest fan of how small everything is. It also annoys me that there isn't an alerts system, though I don't know if the staff here can really do anything about my complaints.
You can change the style of the posts by going to profile, then display, and switching away from ScratchStyle. The other styles fill the whole screen.

Changed the style, and it looks better now. Thanks for the help!

If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm "new here". Also, I prefer to go along with other people's events, not make my own.

the2000

Quote from: Murphmario
Quote from: seanbobe

Changed the style, and it looks better now. Thanks for the help!
If you're not using the Oxygen theme, then you shouldn't even be using the TBG Forums at all
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Epicness123

There should be more ScratchStyle variants (such as a ScratchStyle-Lithum theme and a ScratchStyle-Radium theme)
au
tbger since 2013

the2000

Quote from: Epicness123There should be more ScratchStyle variants (such as a ScratchStyle-Lithum theme and a ScratchStyle-Radium theme)
if we're adding more themes then scratchstyle is not the way to go

Blunderbus

Quote from: DoubleDenial
Quote from: Epicness123There should be more ScratchStyle variants (such as a ScratchStyle-Lithum theme and a ScratchStyle-Radium theme)
if we're adding more themes then scratchstyle is not the way to go
we should at least have a dark theme that cuts off signatures
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

the2000

Quote from: DaEpikDudewe should at least have a dark theme that cuts off signatures
how about one normal light and one normal dark theme that both cut off signatures

Faressain

Communicators:

Of all the communicators we can choose, only Jabber and ICQ works, although latter is acquired by Russian agency, which only leaves Jabber as trustworthy one. We should modernize everything though:

- Discord
- TeamSpeak
- Steam
- (i dunno what else)
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Blunderbus

I'm not actually sure if it's worth it to update that section because a. that might be a built-in FluxBB thing so you can't change it anyway and b. who's even going to look at that stuff anyway lol

If you want to show what your Discord tag is, can't you put it in your sig or something?
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

the2000

Quote from: DaEpikDudeI'm not actually sure if it's worth it to update that section because a. that might be a built-in FluxBB thing so you can't change it anyway and b. who's even going to look at that stuff anyway lol
i have a feeling that fluxbb wouldn't be as popular if it weren't highly modifiable

DownsGameClub

Part of the issue is that we have no permissions to change anything on the site.  It would be nice to make your suggestions, but we can't right now.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Can we at least remake the Chatzy chat or something?
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

CoolTBGGaming

Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbersCan we at least remake the Chatzy chat or something?
I remember that.
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

DownsGameClub

Quote from: NotAJumbleOfNumbersCan we at least remake the Chatzy chat or something?
I'm going to say no to that for now.  Skyline expressed concerns about having another chatroom offsite.

Is there a particular reason why you want to make the Chatzy site?

Prism

Hm. The forums don't seem to load on my mobile data, yet they work fine on WiFi. This is happening to marth too.

Edit: The problem is gone now.
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

the2000

Quote from: JayfeatherHm. The forums don't seem to load on my mobile data, yet they work fine on WiFi. This is happening to marth too.
It does on mine.

Seanbobe

I tried to do a search from the home page (not the index, the one with announcements) and it took me to the old TBGs link.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

CoolTBGGaming

Quote from: seanbobeI tried to do a search from the home page (not the index, the one with announcements) and it took me to the old TBGs link.
I didn't get that.
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

the2000

Quote from: CoolTBGGaming
Quote from: seanbobeI tried to do a search from the home page (not the index, the one with announcements) and it took me to the old TBGs link.
I didn't get that.
I did

Murphmario

Will the quick post textbox overlapping the submit button in portrait mode ever be fixed. It's quite annoying.

Prism

Quote from: MurphmarioWill the quick post textbox overlapping the submit button in portrait mode ever be fixed. It's quite annoying.
Glad I'm not alone.
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves