News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stop the Spambots!

Started by Seanbobe, May 07, 2019, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollyleaf

just follow what I said for the next level up (HP and energy)

(also sorry for constant switching between accounts, I use Jayfeather on computer and Hollyleaf on phone to get more p s o t s on Hollyleaf)
mmmmmmmm i don't use this account anymore so oof, pls see @Squirrelflight instead

Seanbobe

My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Seanbobe

The group stands still for a few seconds before Carson speaks again.

Carson: We really should continue. We don't have the time to head back unless we are okay with stopping tonight.

The group follows Carson up the mountain until they come to a split in the path.

Carson: The path straight ahead leads to a bridge we need to cross. It's the quicker way up. The path to the right leads to some caves. It will also lead up the mountain, but it's slower, especially since we don't have a source of light.

Blunderbus

"We should probably take the bridge. We kinda need to get a move on up this mountain, don't we?"
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"We should probably take the bridge. We kinda need to get a move on up this mountain, don't we?"
Carson: Agreed. Let's go.

The group takes the straight path. When they reach a cliff, they see a small rope bridge with several heavily rotted or missing wooden planks. The bridge spans too far to see into the fog. There are three people in front of the bridge, resembling Reshi, Jimmy, and Flynn. The three seem to be arguing about something.

Joyous Theta

LFH interrupts them, "HAVE YOU LOCAL FRIENDLY HUMANS LOCATED SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group?'"

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePiLFH interrupts them, "HAVE YOU LOCAL FRIENDLY HUMANS LOCATED SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group?'"
The three people near the bridge notice LFH shouting and walk over to the group.

Teenager: Why are you looking for us?
Elderly man: You should not be looking for us.
Middle-aged man: You will get in the way of our business.

Blunderbus

"Uh, sorry, but we've got to be going. You might want to go back down and see Madam Wurm, I think she was looking for you."

Joyous Theta

"MISMATCHED TYPE EXCEPTION. OBJECTIVE IS NOT LOCATING 'us' BUT FOR SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group," HAVE YOU LOCATED SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group' IN TIME PERIOD PAST?"

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"Uh, sorry, but we've got to be going. You might want to go back down and see Madam Wurm, I think she was looking for you."
Teenager: Whatever. Jacob didn't tell us that the bridge was broken, so there is no way up the mountain anyway.
Elderly man: Don't blame me for the bridge being poorly built. Blame Frank for not being able to handle a less than perfect bridge.
Middle-aged man: The bridge is unsafe for all of us. Not just me.
Quote from: CrazeePi"MISMATCHED TYPE EXCEPTION. OBJECTIVE IS NOT LOCATING 'us' BUT FOR SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group," HAVE YOU LOCATED SPAMBOT INC. RELATED 'hiking group' IN TIME PERIOD PAST?"
Teenager: "us" refers to the hiking group obviously.
Frank: Stop talking with them Ricky. We might as well go tell Madam Wurm that we can't climb up the mountain.

The three hikers begin walking down the mountain. Carson waits for them to leave before speaking.

Carson: If they don't know about the passage through the caves, this might be our chance to get ahead of them. I think it would be bad if we let them reach the gods at the top before us. That bridge definitely isn't safe though. We'll have to take the cave route.

Carson begins walking back down the mountain. As he walks down, the group receives a text.

Quote from: TinyMart CashierNEW STUFF is now for sale at TinyMart!
New weapon:
Lantern: Halves the chance of missing due to fog. Speeds up travel through dark areas. COST:3.00F
New item:
Pamphlet of blind faith: Allows a single party member to learn the "blind faith" skill, which does something random when used. Cannot be used on GM controlled party members. COST:10.00F

Remember, you can buy stuff even when you are not at TinyMart by simply texting me what you want to buy!

Blunderbus

(Probably want to buy at least one lantern, maybe for Flynn since he's probably the main attacker of the group (he actually has a fitness stat, and it's not conditional like LFH)?)

"I'm all in favour of avoiding them. Probably best to get as far ahead as we can."

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude(Probably want to buy at least one lantern, maybe for Flynn since he's probably the main attacker of the group (he actually has a fitness stat, and it's not conditional like LFH)?)

"I'm all in favour of avoiding them. Probably best to get as far ahead as we can."
John follows Carson. The rest of the group follows John. As the group walks down the mountain, John orders a lantern. When they reach the split in the path, the TinyMart cashier is waiting for them.

Cashier: Here is your purchase. I must be going now.

The cashier hands John the lantern before disappearing into the fog. The group continues toward the cave entrance.

Carson: Who should hold the lantern? It will certainly help us get through the caves quicker.

redgreenandblue

"I'll volunteer to be the lantern guy"
🌱

Seanbobe

Quote from: redgreenandblue"I'll volunteer to be the lantern guy"
Carson: OK.

John hands the lantern to Flynn and the group enters the cave. Because the lantern is dim and the fog is still present in the cave, it slows down the group. After a couple hours the group notices some light coming from up ahead. Carson stops when he notices it.

Carson: That light is new. I've got a bad feeling about it. There is another path through these caves, but it will take a full day to pass through. Should we go for the other path or continue this way?

Seanbobe

redgreenandblue

"I don't know, that is really out of our way. I think we should see what it is."
🌱

Seanbobe

Quote from: redgreenandblue"I don't know, that is really out of our way. I think we should see what it is."
Carson: Alright. Let's go.

The group walks forward and sees a figure glowing in the middle of the cave. They can't tell if the figure is a man or a woman, or even if it's human.

???: Ah, so you're the resistance group that I heard about. You aren't quite what I was expecting, but that is no problem. I guess I'll just have to dispose of you myself. Consider it an honor to be defeated by the leader of the Spambots.

Time to fight!
You cannot run away from this fight!

The unknown figure hushes the group.
John: Muted! Cannot use skills!
Reshi: Muted! Cannot use skills!
Jimmy: Immune!
LFH: Muted! Cannot use skills!
Flynn: Immune!
Carson: Muted! Cannot use skills!

Party:
John:
     Health:45/45
     Energy:17/20
     Muted! Cannot use skills! (3 turns remaining)
Reshi:
     Health:40/40
     Energy:13/15
     Iron Will! Willpower has been raised! Other stats have been lowered! (3 turns remaining)
Jimmy:
     Health:32/40
     Energy:15/15
LFH:
     Health:10/45
     Energy:19/20
Flynn:
     Health:33/40
     Jumpy! Can move twice! May dodge attacks! (6 turns remaining)
     Repaired! Attacks will be more powerful! (1 turn remaining)
     Warmed up! Next attack will be more powerful (1.5x)

Carson:
     Energy:5/20
     Jumpy! Can move twice! May dodge attacks! (3 turns remaining)

Enemy:
???:
     Health:125/125
     Skills:
          Hush: Mutes all students in the party, preventing the use of skills.
          Taunt: Angers all teachers in the party, preventing the use of non-attacking abilities.
          Focus: Skips turn.
          Curse of doom: Always used the turn after Focus. Deals 1d100 damage to any party member who is not defending. Deals 1d25 damage to any party member who is defending.
          Encore (passive): Allows user to move twice per turn.
     Fitness:7
     Defense: 2

Joyous Theta

LFH stares at the leader for a moment. "'Resistance group?' I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY. IF THERE WERE ANY I WOULD HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT MY LOCAL SPAMBOT TO DESTROY THIS 'resistance group.'"

YOU THOUGH, FOR THE SPAMBOT LEADER, YOUR FRONTAL FACE INTERFACE HANDSOMENESS APPROACHES NEGATIVE LEVELS, WHICH SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. YOU ARE IDENTIFIED AS 'terrible liar,' YOU MUST BE ELIMINATED."

LFH uses an apple.

redgreenandblue

Flynn attacks the leader of the Spambots with scissors, and then with his fidget spinner.
🌱

Blunderbus

Hollyleaf

mmmmmmmm i don't use this account anymore so oof, pls see @Squirrelflight instead

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePiLFH stares at the leader for a moment. "'Resistance group?' I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY. IF THERE WERE ANY I WOULD HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT MY LOCAL SPAMBOT TO DESTROY THIS 'resistance group.'"

YOU THOUGH, FOR THE SPAMBOT LEADER, YOUR FRONTAL FACE INTERFACE HANDSOMENESS APPROACHES NEGATIVE LEVELS, WHICH SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. YOU ARE IDENTIFIED AS 'terrible liar,' YOU MUST BE ELIMINATED."

LFH uses an apple.
LFH tries to give a speech, only to find that they are muted and cannot speak. They simply use an apple instead.
LFH: Health: 10+20=30

Quote from: redgreenandblueFlynn attacks the leader of the Spambots with scissors, and then with his fidget spinner.
Flynn: attack: 1d15=14+6(fitness)+3(repaired)*1.5(warmed up)-2(enemy defense)=29
Flynn's scissors cut through the unknown figure with ease.
???: Health: 125-29=96
Cut! Health will go down.
Flynn: Attack:1d15=1+6(fitness)+3(repaired)-2(enemy defense)=8
Flynn's fidget spinner isn't as successful, only dealing a bit of damage.
???: Health: 96-8=88
Embarrassed! Power of skills will be lowered!

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn defends.
John enters a defensive stance. Defense will be increased this turn.

Quote from: HollyleafReshi defends.
Reshi enters a defensive stance. Defense will be increased this turn.

Jimmy auto-moves.
Jimmy motivates Reshi.
Motivated! Next attack will be more powerful!

Carson attacks twice with his book.
Carson: Book smack: 1d15=7-3(enemy defense)=5
     Book smack: 1d15=12-2(enemy defense)=10
Carson's attacks aren't very powerful, but they add a bit of damage.
???: Health:88-15=73

The unknown figure fires a foam dart at John.
???: Attack: 1d20=(16+7(fitness))/2(defending target)=11
John: block: 1d10=3+2(willpower)=5
11-5=6
John manages to block most of the attack by defending.
John: Health: 45-6=39

The unknown figure focuses. It will unleash a powerful attack next turn.

The unknown figure takes damage from the cut.
???: Health:88-4=84

Jimmy is healed by his helmet.
     Health:32+5=37

Party:
John:
     Health:39/45
     Energy:17/20
     Muted! Cannot use skills! (2 turns remaining)
Reshi:
     Health:40/40
     Iron Will! Willpower has been raised! Other stats have been lowered! (2 turns remaining)
     Motivated! Next attack will be more powerful!
Jimmy:
     Health:37/40
     Energy:14/15
LFH:
     Health:30/45
     Energy:19/20
Flynn:
     Health:33/40
     Jumpy! Can move twice! May dodge attacks! (4 turns remaining)
Carson:
     Energy:5/20
     Jumpy! Can move twice! May dodge attacks! (2 turns remaining)

Enemy:
???:
     Health:84/125
     Skills:
          Hush: Mutes all students in the party, preventing the use of skills.
          Taunt: Angers all teachers in the party, preventing the use of non-attacking abilities.
          Focus: Skips turn.
          Curse of doom: Always used the turn after Focus. Deals 1d100 damage to any party member who is not defending. Deals 1d25 damage to any party member who is defending.
          Encore (passive): Allows user to move twice per turn.
     Fitness:7
     Defense: 2
Embarrassed! Power of skills will be lowered! (3 turns remaining)
Cut! Health will go down. (3 turns remaining)

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Joyous Theta

Quote from: seanbobeLFH tries to give a speech, only to find that they are muted and cannot speak.

wow rude

LFH looks at the leader as angrily as a robot can.

LFH defends!

redgreenandblue

Flynn attacks with scissors again, then defends.
🌱