News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NasomiXIV

Quote from: the2000
Quote from: SuperDoom1
Quote from: the2000making fun of the "about" page is my thing. i did that like 2-4 years ago
Can I see what you did?
it was in chat. i was joking, but you seriously can't do that joke more than once without sounding like a jerk
Just say it. It was two to four years ago, no-one will think you sound like a jerk.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

DownsGameClub

No, we aren't having this argument on the site.  Continuation of this will result in consequences.

Superdoom, I think you might want to cut out on the jokes for now.  We're glad to have you back, but making multiple satirical comments on how the about page is horribly outdated is not what we need.
We also don't need people calling out on each other.  Do that somewhere else, but NOT on this site under any circumstance.  This is a banable offense.
We appreciate constructive feedback as we're trying our best to make the site more up to date.  It's a terribly slow process since Skyline hasn't been available lately, so please be patient.

NasomiXIV

Quote from: DownsGameClubSuperdoom, I think you might want to cut out on the jokes for now.  We're glad to have you back, but making multiple satirical comments on how the about page is horribly outdated is not what we need.
You got it.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

the2000

Quote from: SuperDoom1
Quote from: DownsGameClubSuperdoom, I think you might want to cut out on the jokes for now.  We're glad to have you back, but making multiple satirical comments on how the about page is horribly outdated is not what we need.
You got it.
Shef Kerbi might be amazing, but I'm pretty sure you either got booted or are about to get booted haha

Anyways, the reason I'm not posting the joke is because that was in the chat, and I can't access it. I'm pretty sure I just linked to it and pointed out how outdated it is.
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Xenon

Can we discuss about moving to some new forums software or we are fine with it?
Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

DownsGameClub

Quote from: XenonCan we discuss about moving to some new forums software or we are fine with it?

Skyline is the only person who can transfer to different forum options, so at the present moment, we can't do that.  He hasn't been online in a very long time.

SheenBoy95

ive began to notice that everytime i join a chatroom, everyone leaves. is this a glitch or do i just keep arriving to the party late?

Seanbobe

Quote from: SheenBoy95ive began to notice that everytime i join a chatroom, everyone leaves. is this a glitch or do i just keep arriving to the party late?
The program can't let anyone leave if nobody else is logged on. If you log on and nobody else is online, the last person/people in the chat will show as logging out as soon as you log on.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

SheenBoy95

Quote from: seanbobe
Quote from: SheenBoy95ive began to notice that everytime i join a chatroom, everyone leaves. is this a glitch or do i just keep arriving to the party late?
The program can't let anyone leave if nobody else is logged on. If you log on and nobody else is online, the last person/people in the chat will show as logging out as soon as you log on.
oh, thanks for the explaination. I was starting to think people were doing this on purpose.

TotallyNotSeanbobe

Some people can't post. It's displaying our posts as appearing in the future and giving us several hour wait times over 60 second rule.
I am seanbobe.
If I post from this account, the post was likely made from a mobile device. This may lead to errors and briefness.

DaOtherDude

Quote from: TotallyNotSeanbobeSome people can't post. It's displaying our posts as appearing in the future and giving us several hour wait times over 60 second rule.
Happened to me, apparently the 60 second rule has evolved into the 28330 second rule
in case it's not obvious i'm DaEpikDude's alt

Hollyleaf

Quote from: DaOtherDude
Quote from: TotallyNotSeanbobeSome people can't post. It's displaying our posts as appearing in the future and giving us several hour wait times over 60 second rule.
Happened to me, apparently the 60 second rule has evolved into the 28330 second rule
Yup, and I apparently posted on June 3rd :/
mmmmmmmm i don't use this account anymore so oof, pls see @Squirrelflight instead

Dino

Test

Edit: I don't have this bug.

DaOtherDude

Quote from: TheLastDinoTest

It only happened once and this account's fine (obviously), for some reason it saw one of my posts as being 8 hours in the future.
I guess it's fixed / stopped now?

TotallyNotSeanbobe

And it only affected some people apparently. Anyway, I'm stuck on this account until 1AM my time.
I am seanbobe.
If I post from this account, the post was likely made from a mobile device. This may lead to errors and briefness.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaOtherDude
Quote from: TheLastDinoTest

It only happened once and this account's fine (obviously), for some reason it saw one of my posts as being 8 hours in the future.
I guess it's fixed / stopped now?
That's my guess, I posted and mine was fine (it was an hour off but I forgot to set DST so that's on me, the server had the right time.)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

DownsGameClub

Everything looks like it's normal to me.  Perhaps it was a random server restart?

DaOtherDude

Quote from: DownsGameClubEverything looks like it's normal to me.  Perhaps it was a random server restart?
I think there were people on the discord saying the website was down a while ago? That might have something to do with it.
Would a server restart mess with the server's time somehow?

redgreenandblue

test

okay I'm spared from the 28330 rule
🌱

Blunderbus

i think the 28330 rule is gone now

edit: ok good it did register this post at the correct time
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Wolfslime123

Where is everyone? Am I missing everyone, or is it empty for all of us? There seems to be low activity.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Wolfslime123Where is everyone?
Gone. Reduced to atoms.
But yeah, I think there has been less activity recently. Probably because people are leaving/becoming less active at a quicker rate than we are gaining new users.

We haven't gotten a single new user since 2018 (excluding alts and people who made less than 5 posts).

I'm not one of those people who think the TBGs are dead, but I think we should be trying to get some new users anyway.
🌱

the2000

Quote from: Wolfslime123Where is everyone? Am I missing everyone, or is it empty for all of us? There seems to be low activity.
sknn is still pretty active and that's all that matters for me

Quote from: redgreenandblueI'm not one of those people who think the TBGs are dead, but I think we should be trying to get some new users anyway.
well whatever it is we do it should be anything but ads on scratch
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands