News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Wake up, Go to school, Save the world

Started by Seanbobe, Oct 30, 2018, 09:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seam49

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49I try to repair the pencil

Unfortunately, SALHERETT doesn't have the skills needed to repair damaged weapons. Someone with the repair skill will be needed instead. Alternatively, if you can find some Flexible tape, that will work too.

Quote from: CrazeePi"BUILDING SOME KIND OF WEAPON? SOUNDS LIKE A NORMAL LOCAL FRIENDLY HUMANS ACTIVITY FOR PARTICIPATION IN AND I AM A LOCAL FRIENDLY HUMAN."

LFH proceeds to look for components to build a catapult for the pie.
LFH: Search:1d10=9+10(guile)+3(flashlight)=22(extreme success)

LFH finds a catapult hidden in a closet. He also finds some rocks, which will be more effective projectiles than a pie.

Quote from: Seam49I eat.

SALHERETT eats the food he was carrying.

+1 to stats for next 10 turns.

Annie: I'm going to look around for Xavier. He might be upstairs.

Annie heads up a nearby staircase.

SALHERETT's flashlight has worn out.
Food bonus: 10 turns remaining.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Quote from: On the TBGForums discord, II am considering migrating the RPG to a new topic once the current party beats the next boss. This is for the following reasons:
1. The current title was originally supposed to be a placeholder until I made a better one. Since I have a new title planned (which I cannot reveal since it will spoil a plot point), this will allow me to change the title without confusing players.
2. Opening a new topic will hopefully allow me to make the RPG more newcomer friendly, so more people can join.
3. Several players seem to have stopped playing. This will allow me to remove players that aren't active anymore, freeing up space for more new players.
4. This will allow me to change up some minor game mechanics that I am currently unhappy with, or think I could improve.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Seam49

Seanbobe

Seam49

Quote from: seanbobebump
What has happened so far in this RPG?

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49
Quote from: seanbobebump
What has happened so far in this RPG?
Brief recap:
The group (minus SALHERETT and Annie) talks to Annie's grandfather, who tells them that there is something bad happening, and that Xavier knows more. Annie joined the group, and the group went to a shop, where SALHERETT joined. The group traveled to RPGVille, and are now in Xavier's house, looking for Xavier.

(Not an update. I need more posts to do an update.)

Blunderbus

John tries to find a light switch, since that would probably help.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Joyous Theta

Wait I thought Xavier was her grandfather what.

Also LFH repairs the pencil I'd say something about them busting out the window and pretending to be somebody else to do it but idk.

Tymewalk

Nathan takes the fried apple and the water bottle, then quickly sneaks upstairs.

If the house does not have an upstairs, he sneaks down to the basement.

If it does not have an upstairs or a basement, he sneaks towards the bedroom.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Seam49

"why are we breaking into his house"

Joyous Theta

His door was open and that's weird for him to do.

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn tries to find a light switch, since that would probably help.
John turns on the lights. You can now see the room clearly.

There is a bedroom off to the right, a hallway behind you, a modern looking kitchen to the left, and a stairway which Annie is heading up straight ahead. The sofa cushions are on the floor, and the table is knocked over.

Quote from: TymewalkNathan takes the fried apple and the water bottle, then quickly sneaks upstairs.

If the house does not have an upstairs, he sneaks down to the basement.

If it does not have an upstairs or a basement, he sneaks towards the bedroom.
Nathan follows Annie upstairs.

Quote from: Seam49"why are we breaking into his house"

Annie (from upstairs): WE NEED TO TALK TO HIM!
Unknown voice (also upstairs): You need to talk to who? And who are you?

Seanbobe

Seam49

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49"Are you Xavier?"
????: Answer my questions. Who are you and who are you looking for?

(Ugh. I am so slow.)

Blunderbus

"We need to talk to Xavier. We've been sent here by Annie's grandfather. Apparently Xavier's a friend of his? Anyway, we're just a bunch of people trying to save the world from... something?"

Seam49

"the word somthing :lol: "

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"We need to talk to Xavier. We've been sent here by Annie's grandfather. Apparently Xavier's a friend of his? Anyway, we're just a bunch of people trying to save the world from... something?"
???: Ah, right. I believe Samantha told me he was sending someone over. I just didn't expect a group. Anyway come up here and I will talk.

Blunderbus

John follows Annie and Nathan upstairs, signalling the others to follow.

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn follows Annie and Nathan upstairs, signalling the others to follow.
The group goes upstairs.

Xavier: There is a group that is threatening Forumtopia. They call themselves the spambots. Normally the government uses a weapon called the CAPTCHA to keep Forumtopia safe. However, for some reason, the CAPTCHA is failing. We don't have access to the CAPTCHA, so our only option is to invoke the help of the gods of mode-e-rat-or. In theory we could fight the spambots directly, but there are so many of them that it would take too long.

Tymewalk

"Is there a temple we can visit or an incantation we can recite?" Nathan asks Xavier.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Joyous Theta

"I DON'T KNOW WHO THESE 'spambots' ARE, BUT THEY SOUND LIKE COOL AND FRIENDLY LOCAL HUMANS," says LFH, "I CALCULATE THAT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO IGNORE ANY 'mode-e-rat-or' AND INSTEAD LET THEM DO WHATEVER THEY WANT."

Seanbobe

Quote from: Tymewalk"Is there a temple we can visit or an incantation we can recite?" Nathan asks Xavier.
Xavier: The incantation is "@TBG Moderator". You need to say it in the temple at the top of Mt. Discord. But first you should-

Before Xavier can say any more, one of the men who you fought earlier runs past you, grabs Xavier, and jumps out a window.

Quote from: CrazeePi"I DON'T KNOW WHO THESE 'spambots' ARE, BUT THEY SOUND LIKE COOL AND FRIENDLY LOCAL HUMANS," says LFH, "I CALCULATE THAT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO IGNORE ANY 'mode-e-rat-or' AND INSTEAD LET THEM DO WHATEVER THEY WANT."

Annie: Obviously they are not friendly! After that guy!

Annie runs downstairs.

Joyous Theta

"LIES, 'spambots' ARE CLEARLY WHAT IS KNOWN AS COOL AND WOULD ONLY KIDNAP NON-LOCAL AND NON-FRIENDLY HUMANS. THOSE NON-LOCAL AND NON-FRIENDLY HUMANS WHO KIDNAP CAN NOT BE 'spambots,' THE FRONTAL INTERFACE OF THEIR FLESH STRUCTURE HAS ONLY '13'% OF THE HANDSOMENESS REQUIRED. THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND WORTHLESS, THEY MUST BE DESTROYED." LFH begins to chase the man.

Seanbobe

Quote from: CrazeePi"LIES, 'spambots' ARE CLEARLY WHAT IS KNOWN AS COOL AND WOULD ONLY KIDNAP NON-LOCAL AND NON-FRIENDLY HUMANS. THOSE NON-LOCAL AND NON-FRIENDLY HUMANS WHO KIDNAP CAN NOT BE 'spambots,' THE FRONTAL INTERFACE OF THEIR FLESH STRUCTURE HAS ONLY '13'% OF THE HANDSOMENESS REQUIRED. THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND WORTHLESS, THEY MUST BE DESTROYED." LFH begins to chase the man.
LFH jumps out of the window to follow the man. The rest of the group uses the stairs and joins up with LFH and Annie on the ground. Soon the group finds the man who took Xavier, the other man who was fighting with him, and a third man who looks almost human, but something is off. The third man begins to speak. Their voice is almost human, but not quite. It's not threatening, but definitely not friendly.

Man? 3:What do you know about the spambots? Don't play dumb. We heard you speaking about them.