News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Echoes

Started by Wolfslime123, Jan 22, 2019, 04:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

Opening:
Our characters begin in New York. A large meteor has crashed somewhere in the ocean. It brings with it, strange effects. People can do things they've never done before. It can only be described as magic. These abilities will be called Echoes. (But our characters have yet to name them as such!)

Echoes:
Each person will gain one. Echoes can be given to others, giving them another Echo or combining them if possible. Kids would be born with their parents' echo. The echo would be one or the other or combined, but they would be slightly warped, a mere echo of the Echo. This information is probably useless but maybe interesting. Also, Echos can be changed by life changing events.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Echo:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other (backstory optional):

Your age does not have to be exact, teen, or middle age would suffice.

Appearance and personality need not be descriptive but appearance helps with visualization and improves the experience. Personality "to be RPed" is okay, but you'll need to give a basic anchor you'll stick to.

For Echoes, use your imagination but be reasonable. Shapeshifting? Sure. Pyrokinesis? Awesome. Early characters will suddenly gain them. After the first batch gain them, everyone else will start with them.

Rules:
  • There are no updates, RP freely. That said...
  • No powerplay. Be reasonable, be fair, this shouldn't be to hard unless you're a troll. In that case, go away.
  • Infinite characters! Make sure you can keep track though.
  • Wait to be accepted by me or at least 2 other players.
  • Standard rules apply.

Other:
The world is an Alternate Earth. To solidify this, the currency is called a Delta, 100 of which make a North. (They have the buying power of USD probably.)

Living Characters:
[Username]-[Name]
ReshiramTheDragon - Reshiram
Treehee - Amala al-Mutahadim
Tymewalk - Agatha Weber

Dead Characters:
[Username]-[Name]-[Cause of Death]
None
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Prism

Name: Reshiram
Echo: Fire (pyrokinesis)
Appearance: looks like Corrin from Fire Emblem (red eyes, spiky silver hair)
Personality: Brave, can be mischievous at times
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Wolfslime123

Quote from: ReshiramTheDragonName: Reshiram
I knew I forgot something! Add gender please.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Prism

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Wolfslime123

Quote from: ReshiramTheDragonName: Reshiram
Accepted.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Prism

Prism

Wolfslime123

I don't think this will work. I hope someone else has better luck. I'm not good at making RPs anyway so now when RPs aren't getting any love I didn't really have a chance anyway. I think I'll try to think of a new one later?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Treehee

@wolfslime that's not it, this site just has a very small rp-playing population, and those that tho mostly play funny rps/franchise rps/cyoa

I really think the website should looking at other rpg communities to collaborate with or something, as alot of sites I have found have similar issue, and I hope maybe member exchanges could fix that. Anyway your rp reminds me of one of my fave tv series (misfits) and im very much interested in joining ^^

Name: Amala al-Mutahadim (to my knowledge this means "Hope of the Fallen")
Echo: rapid regeneration (and/or healing others, whichever you think is fair) when in water
Appearance: A medium height woman, though tall for the region she came from. She wears a beautiful blue mesh shayla, colourful and airy sailor pants, and a black jacket. She has brown eyes and long black hair with a slight curl. She wears a beautiful soft makeup look.
mockup of her clothing

her makeup is similar to the woman on the right

Personality: Kind, Likes to socialize, good at adapting to the people around her, has ptsd as described here https://www.phoenixaustralia.org/recovery/effects-of-trauma/ptsd/?gclid=CjwKCAiA4t_iBRApEiwAn-vt-ygilmq-7y-VsfTQTEz7b8MY1zgpt88G49jR9o1HqKJLDELTqqd7sRoC6cUQAvD_BwE (witht he exception of the last symptom, as that clashes with her personality, and would be quite a pain to rp).
Other (backstory optional): She was the sole survivor of her school being bombed during a war and fled by boat to the USA, where she traveled doing all kinds of volunteer work, such as cooking for the homeless and helping other migrants find their place in this society, eventually landing in New York.
greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja :P

Tymewalk

Been meaning to sign up for this for ages, time to just do it lol

Name: Agatha Weber
Echo: Teleportation
Appearance: Long, blond hair in a ponytail. The end of her ponytail is brunette, likely from hair dye. Blue eyes, has a few freckles on her face. Somewhat tall, around 5'11" (~180cm). Wears a purple t-shirt with dark blue jeans. Has grey sneakers with white socks.
Personality: Relatively social yet somewhat secluded. Generally a wallflower in crowded rooms, unless something happens to grab her attention. Resourceful, but not usually one to apply said resources in large situations.
Other (backstory optional): Agatha moved to New York about eight months ago, after living in a small town in Ohio. She is still having trouble adapting, and this new Echo isn't about to help...
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

Quote from: Treehee@wolfslime that's not it, this site just has a very small rp-playing population, and those that tho mostly play funny rps/franchise rps/cyoa

I really think the website should looking at other rpg communities to collaborate with or something, as alot of sites I have found have similar issue, and I hope maybe member exchanges could fix that. Anyway your rp reminds me of one of my fave tv series (misfits) and im very much interested in joining ^^

Name: Amala al-Mutahadim (to my knowledge this means "Hope of the Fallen")
Echo: rapid regeneration (and/or healing others, whichever you think is fair) when in water
Appearance: A medium height woman, though tall for the region she came from. She wears a beautiful blue mesh shayla, colourful and airy sailor pants, and a black jacket. She has brown eyes and long black hair with a slight curl. She wears a beautiful soft makeup look.
mockup of her clothing
[snip]
her makeup is similar to the woman on the right
[slice]
Personality: Kind, Likes to socialize, good at adapting to the people around her, has ptsd as described here https://www.phoenixaustralia.org/recovery/effects-of-trauma/ptsd/?gclid=CjwKCAiA4t_iBRApEiwAn-vt-ygilmq-7y-VsfTQTEz7b8MY1zgpt88G49jR9o1HqKJLDELTqqd7sRoC6cUQAvD_BwE (witht he exception of the last symptom, as that clashes with her personality, and would be quite a pain to rp).
Other (backstory optional): She was the sole survivor of her school being bombed during a war and fled by boat to the USA, where she traveled doing all kinds of volunteer work, such as cooking for the homeless and helping other migrants find their place in this society, eventually landing in New York.
Either echo is fine. Accepted.
Quote from: TymewalkBeen meaning to sign up for this for ages, time to just do it lol

Name: Agatha Weber
Echo: Teleportation
Appearance: Long, blond hair in a ponytail. The end of her ponytail is brunette, likely from hair dye. Blue eyes, has a few freckles on her face. Somewhat tall, around 5'11" (~180cm). Wears a purple t-shirt with dark blue jeans. Has grey sneakers with white socks.
Personality: Relatively social yet somewhat secluded. Generally a wallflower in crowded rooms, unless something happens to grab her attention. Resourceful, but not usually one to apply said resources in large situations.
Other (backstory optional): Agatha moved to New York about eight months ago, after living in a small town in Ohio. She is still having trouble adapting, and this new Echo isn't about to help...
Accepted.
I need to make a character of my own... probably should be a villain so we have plot after the first bit. I'm really nervous about this RP because I'm constantly knowing thinking I've done something wrong. Also, after reading my past posts I seem to suck at RPing although... I know a saying "If you don't hate your past work, you aren't improving" so there's that hope.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Quote from: Wolfslime123I need to make a character of my own... probably should be a villain so we have plot after the first bit. I'm really nervous about this RP because I'm constantly knowing thinking I've done something wrong. Also, after reading my past posts I seem to suck at RPing although... I know a saying "If you don't hate your past work, you aren't improving" so there's that hope.
Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. Unless it's really really imbalanced in one way or another, it's still fun in the end. :)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Wolfslime123

Wanna start? I won't be joining until I figured out some character sheet I like.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Treehee

I'll go with healing others then. I'm fine with starting if the rest is ready :)
greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja :P

Joyous Theta

Name: Lewis
Echo: Control over pasta, (move pasta around and cook/uncook it at will), can shoot spaghetti noodles out of his fingertips
Appearance: Slightly ruffled up brown hair, wears a gray jacket.
Personality: Down to earth usually, but gets easily worked up and it's hard to get him to calm down again. Kind of a jerk.
Other (backstory optional): idk

Wolfslime123

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Lewis
Echo: Control over pasta, can shoot spaghetti noodles out of his fingertips
Appearance: Slightly ruffled up brown hair, wears a gray jacket.
Personality: Down to earth usually, gets hyped up easily though. Kind of a jerk either way.
Other (backstory optional): idk
Please, this is my attempt at adding more seriousness to the RPG section. Unaccepted.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta

I am serious though.

If pasta is too "memey" I guess, then I'm fine to changing it to noodles instead (not specifically spaghetti noodles though, he might not even be able to control those, idk.)

Also I slightly edited it because idk show I'm serious I guess?

Tymewalk

I'm okay with starting if everyone else is.

Prism

Tymewalk

Wolfslime123

I don't have the self confidence for this. Sorry!
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Joyous Theta