Home About Play Contact Wiki Support Chat

Road to Hamelin [looking for players] (Page 1) / RPG / Text Based Games Forums
Help keep this website alive! Read this announcement to find out more :)

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jan-13  22:09:03

Treehee
TBGer

Road to Hamelin [looking for players]

Concept: You play as the children that were taken from Hamelin by the Pied Piper, and your goal is to return home. Since you play as children, you are not particularly good at fighting, so it is more about finding allies and clues to get you back home.

This RP uses standard RP rules:
no power-playing, that is, you have no say in the result of your actions, only the actions yourself.
stick to your character; don't suddenly ignore their weaknesses or strengths

Character sheet:

Name:
Personality: (Make sure your character has strengths and weaknesses personality-wise, and make sure they aren't essentially you)
Parents: (what are your character's parents like? Make sure this ties in to your character's personality. at least 1 parent needs to be alive)

Introduction:
It is the second of april, 1284, and there has been an infestation of rats in your home city of Hamelin up until last night. The Major, sir Egre, had gotten desperate, and had promised gold to anyone who could rid the city of rats. A mysterious figure showed up yesterday, dressed in green, and offered his services to the city. After sir Egro accepted, the mysterious man instructed everyone to plug their ears the following night. As night fell and everyone had plugged their ears, the man started playing his flute, and all the rats in Hamelin started to dance behind him. He walked out of the city gate, towards the nearby river, and drowned the rats. When he came to pick up his reward this morning, however, the major said that one hour of work is not worth gold, and gave the man a single coin. "This will not do", the man replied, but the major ignored him. Now, during the Sunday Mass in church, we can hear a familiar tune: the same tune that was used to get rid of the rats, and all the children are staring to dance out of the church, towards the Mountain of Rocks.

That is the last thing you remember as you wake up in a damp cave, lit by a faint blue light coming from the cave entrance. Near your group is the Rat Catcher's pipe. It appears to be made from a blueish crystal and is cold to the touch.

please refrain from posting any actions until we have enough players

current player characters:

Player: TheLastDino
Name: Marc
Personality: Sympathetic and naiive, doesn't really believe there's any true evil in this world. Cowardly in the face of danger. Dislikes conflict and thinks that speech is the most valuable skill to have. Extroverted and enjoys conversing with others.
Parents: Parents were tailors who supplied clothes for those in the village. Known for being charitable, sometimes offering clothes for free to those who were too poor to buy their own. However, this led to them being scammed multiple times.

Player: Tymewalk
Name: Damon Thompson
Personality: Follows the rules rather diligently and scorns anyone who breaks them. Not afraid of conflict and frequently stands up for justice, sometimes too much. Some of his friends say deep down he has a soft spot, but nobody has ever seen that side of him, or even knows if it exists or not.
Parents: Caring, but rather strict and overbearing at times. His father was a blacksmith who simply made what he was asked to, and never asked questions.

Player: ReshiramTheDragon
Name: Azalea
Personality: Brave and mischievous. She finds loopholes for everything and often gets caught breaking rules, but she is iron-willed and she is brave in the face of danger.
Parents: Her parents are usually very strict, though sometimes not. Her father is a warrior and taught her to always be brave no matter what, while her mother is a hunter and hunts meat for food and to sell at the marketplace.

known non-player characters:

the Rat Catcher
The Rat Catcher is the one who brought you here.

Major Egre
Major Egre was too greedy to live up to his promise, landing you here.

Last edited by Treehee (2019-Feb-05  23:07:00)

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#2 2019-Jan-13  22:26:52

TheLastDino
TBGer

Re: Road to Hamelin [looking for players]

Personality: Sympathetic and naiive, doesn't really believe there's any true evil in this world. Cowardly in the face of danger. Dislikes conflict and thinks that speech is the most valuable skill to have. Extroverted and enjoys conversing with others.
Parents: Parents were tailors who supplied clothes for those in the village. Known for being charitable, sometimes offering clothes for free to those who were too poor to buy their own. However, this led to them being scammed multiple times.

Hist! ... Hark!
The night is very dark,
And we've got to go a mile or so
Across the Possum Park.

- Hist!, C.J. Dennis

#3 2019-Jan-13  22:34:05

Treehee
TBGer

TheLastDino wrote:

accepted

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#4 2019-Jan-21  21:00:17

Treehee
TBGer

bump

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#5 2019-Jan-27  05:31:24

Treehee
TBGer

bump

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#6 2019-Feb-04  19:41:47

Treehee
TBGer

I guess I'll bump once more hmm

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#7 2019-Feb-05  08:37:28

Tymewalk
TBG Moderator
Website

Personality: Follows the rules rather diligently and scorns anyone who breaks them. Not afraid of conflict and frequently stands up for justice, sometimes too much. Some of his friends say deep down he has a soft spot, but nobody has ever seen that side of him, or even knows if it exists or not.
Parents: Caring, but rather strict and overbearing at times. His father was a blacksmith who simply made what he was asked to, and never asked questions.

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
(つo.o)つ Kirby
Text Based Games Forums Discord Server
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming...

#8 2019-Feb-05  10:01:49

Jayfeather
TBGer
Website

Personality: Brave and mischievous. She finds loopholes for everything and often gets caught breaking rules, but she is iron-willed and she is brave in the face of danger.
Parents: Her parents are usually very strict, though sometimes not. Her father is a warrior and taught her to always be brave no matter what, while her mother is a hunter and hunts meat for food and to sell at the marketplace.

#9 2019-Feb-05  22:58:45

Treehee
TBGer

Tymewalk wrote:

accepted

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#10 2019-Feb-05  23:00:32

Treehee
TBGer

ReshiramTheDragon wrote:

accepted

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#11 2019-Feb-07  19:12:54

Treehee
TBGer

I'd like a few more players so I'll bump once more.

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#12 2019-Feb-10  20:46:04

Treehee
TBGer

Okay guys considering it has been a bit let's start!

The introduction to the storyline is already in the first post wink

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#13 2019-Feb-11  00:18:24

Jayfeather
TBGer
Website

Azalea goes over to the flute and picks it up.

#14 2019-Feb-12  20:34:13

Treehee
TBGer

The mouthpiece seems to be made from a different material than the rest of the wood: It's not as cold, and doesn't shine the way the crystal does. The pipe itself is adorned with spiralling patterns, which start at the mouthpiece with a straight line and then spiral outward. in the corner of your eye you catch the glimpse of something green.

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#15 2019-Feb-13  02:34:36

findanegg
TBGer
Website

Name: Wint
Personality: Wint is funny but has clinical depression, he is also gay
Parents: His older brother Dril

sbla4de0vyj21.gif (but like, ironically)
tumbler
read it

#16 2019-Feb-13  02:52:21

Treehee
TBGer

findanegg wrote:

not accepted. Please add in parents.

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#17 2019-Feb-14  03:16:56

findanegg
TBGer
Website

Treehee wrote:
findanegg wrote:

His parents are dead Dril is his legal guardian

sbla4de0vyj21.gif (but like, ironically)
tumbler
read it

#18 2019-Feb-14  20:49:18

Treehee
TBGer

findanegg wrote:
Treehee wrote:
findanegg wrote:

His parents are dead Dril is his legal guardian

Read the original post please...

At least one parent must be alive.

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#19 2019-Feb-21  12:43:46

Tymewalk
TBG Moderator
Website

Damon examines the walls, hoping to find any kind of secret exit or hint of where they are.

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
(つo.o)つ Kirby
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming...

#20 2019-Feb-21  20:44:31

Treehee
TBGer

There don't seem to be any oddities on the cave walls. When you look towards the cave exit though, you notice a small figure dressed in green. It sees you and makes a sound that can best be described as "in between a laugh and a scream".

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#21 2019-Feb-22  09:26:06

Tymewalk
TBG Moderator
Website

Damon cowers near the other children, hoping the figure won't notice him.

(つo.o)つ Kirby

#22 2019-Feb-22  10:49:45

TheLastDino
TBGer

Marc covers his ears and shuts his eyes, trying to block out the terrifying noise.

Hist! ... Hark!
The night is very dark,
And we've got to go a mile or so
Across the Possum Park.

- Hist!, C.J. Dennis

#23 2019-Feb-22  22:58:58

Jayfeather
TBGer
Website

Azalea picks up the flute and puts it in her pocket, thinking it might be useful later.

#24 2019-Feb-25  19:38:26

Treehee
TBGer

The flute does not fit in Azalea's pocket. The green figure sees the flute and exclaims. "The dream flute, I must have it! Shila will punish me, she'll take my beard away!" the figure appears to cry for a bit, then stares at the flute and starts walking towards it while making the same laughing sound as earlier.

greetings,

A random laughing tree

I'm a ninja tongue

#25 2019-Feb-26  13:49:51

Tymewalk
TBG Moderator
Website

Damon turns to Azalea. "Don't do it!"

(つo.o)つ Kirby

Board footer