Home About Play Contact Wiki Support Chat


TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon) (Page 15) / TBG / Text Based Games Forums
Help keep this website alive! Read this announcement to find out more :)

You are not logged in.

#351 2019-Jan-09  23:50:42

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

realicraft wrote:
ReshiramTheDragon wrote:
realicraft wrote:

haha no

How can I DM you then

Send me a friend request

ok


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#352 2019-Jan-10  09:44:04

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Signups have closed.
DMs have been sent.

The roles are:

2x Townie - Ordinary citizen.
1x Cop - Can check anyone's roles each night.
1x Necromancer - Can bring a dead player back. Dies after they do this.


1x Loner - Acts like a Murderer. Wins only if they are the last one standing.


2x Murderer - Kills people. Obviously.

Green - Town aligned
Yellow - Unaligned
Red - Mafia aligned

Night 0 ends at 1/10 11:59 PM EST.
Murderers and Loner do not get a night kill.


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#353 2019-Jan-10  10:34:13

Smiley100P
TBGer
From: The sooshiverse
Registered: 2014-Aug-10
Posts: 17,349
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

...Well this looks unbalanced.


True Colors
Can I just post a tbgs doomsday clock here
11:54 (?)

Offline

#354 2019-Jan-10  11:59:43

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

How so


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#355 2019-Jan-10  12:13:02

SuperJedi224
TBGer
From: Somewhere and Somewhen
Registered: 2013-Jun-10
Posts: 7,441

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

2 mafia nightkills looks problematic, if that's really how that works


And now you have gone away because you longed greatly for your father's house, but why did you steal my gods?" Jacob answered and said to Laban, "Because I was afraid, for I thought that you would take your daughters from me by force. Anyone with whom you find your gods shall not live. In the presence of our kinsmen point out what I have that is yours, and take it." (Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen them.) (Gen. 31:30-32)

Check out the new song contest. I'm on github, and youtube. Owner of the TBG forums flockmod room.

30818.png

31yMOazJEIL.jpg

Offline

#356 2019-Jan-10  12:18:57

8435.5
TBGer
From: wherever, whenever
Registered: 2017-Jun-22
Posts: 15,471
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

SuperJedi224 wrote:

2 mafia nightkills looks problematic, if that's really how that works

inb4 the host reveals it’s 3

Offline

#357 2019-Jan-10  12:29:45

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

SuperJedi224 wrote:

2 mafia nightkills looks problematic, if that's really how that works

I will pick a random person from the people the Murderers vote to kill


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#358 2019-Jan-10  12:35:58

TheLastDino
TBGer
From: The Dinocave
Registered: 2013-Jan-02
Posts: 15,647

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Yeah, 4v2v1 with the town only getting one kill during the day while the mafia get presumably two and the neutral get one means that we basically have to hope the mafia kill the loner and the loner kills one of the mafia and then we figure out who the last mafia is. Otherwise, we're basically done.

Edit: Got ninja'd. One mafia kill is far better.

Last edited by TheLastDino (2019-Jan-10  13:03:03)


"Yipee, I did it!" the man said with glee,
"I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!"
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
"I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead."

Offline

#359 2019-Jan-10  12:44:33

SuperJedi224
TBGer
From: Somewhere and Somewhen
Registered: 2013-Jun-10
Posts: 7,441

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

ReshiramTheDragon wrote:
SuperJedi224 wrote:

2 mafia nightkills looks problematic, if that's really how that works

I will pick a random person from the people the Murderers vote to kill

Okay, that's better anyway.


And now you have gone away because you longed greatly for your father's house, but why did you steal my gods?" Jacob answered and said to Laban, "Because I was afraid, for I thought that you would take your daughters from me by force. Anyone with whom you find your gods shall not live. In the presence of our kinsmen point out what I have that is yours, and take it." (Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen them.) (Gen. 31:30-32)

Check out the new song contest. I'm on github, and youtube. Owner of the TBG forums flockmod room.

30818.png

31yMOazJEIL.jpg

Offline

#360 2019-Jan-11  23:01:53

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Day 1

The seven suspects stand in the court before Judge Kamui Reshiram. Judge Reshi pulls out a box labeled "Votes - Vote for who should be lynched". It is obvious what they must do. Each person starts walking forward and casting their votes...

Players
Jedi
Epik
Reali
Smiley
Dino
RGB
Sean

Highlite your vote in bold.
Day 1 ends at 1/11 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited by ReshiramTheDragon (2019-Jan-11  23:02:42)


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#361 2019-Jan-12  06:09:09

DaEpikDude
TBGer
From: the observable universe
Registered: 2017-Dec-15
Posts: 3,899
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

1d7 = 2

oh wait that's me

uh

1d7 = 1

ok unless anyone wants to say otherwise i'm voting Jedi
(i assume we can change our vote later?)


I once had a whim and I had to obey it to buy a french horn from a second hand shop, I polished it up and I started to play it in spite of the neighbours who begged me to stop. To sound my horn, I had to develop my embouchure, I found my horn, was a bit of a devil to play. So artfully wound, to give you a sound, a beautiful sound, so rich and round. Oh, the hours I ha-ad to spend before I mastered it in the end! But that was yesterday, and just today I looked in the usual place. There was the case, but the horn itself was missing! Who? Swiped? That? Horn? I'll bet you a quid, somebody did! Knowing I found a concerto and wanted to play it afraid of my talent at playing the horn, for early today to my utter dismay it had vanished away like the dew in the morn. Tutti. I've lost that horn, I know I was using it yesterday, I've lost that horn, lost that horn, found that horn gorn! There's not much hope of getting it back though I'd willingly pay a reward. I know some hearty folk whose party joke's pretending to hunt with the Quorn. Gone away! Gone away! Was it one of them took it away? I shall tell the police! I! Want! That! French! Horn! Baaaaaack... I miss its music more and more and more, without that horn, I'm feeling sad and so forlo-orn... (oooooooh) I found a concerto and wanted to play it displaying my talent at playing the horn, but early today to my utter dismay it had totally vanished away! I practised the horn and I wanted to play it but somebody took it away, I practised the horn and was longing to play it but somebody took it away! My neighbour's asleep in his bed. I'll soon make him wish he were dead. I'll take up the tuba instead - wah wah!

Offline

#362 2019-Jan-12  07:41:09

ReshiramTheDragon
TBGer
From: Dragonspiral Tower, Unova
Registered: 2018-May-24
Posts: 750
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

DaEpikDude wrote:

(i assume we can change our vote later?)

Yea


I like Fire Emblem Fates and Super Smash Bros
Discord tag: CorrinTheNoble#7049
I have 23 internets, want to give me one?
rtd.pngctdscratch.pngctdferpg.png
Keep calm and stay strong!
She protect. She attack. But as a character, she lack.

Offline

#363 2019-Jan-12  09:18:33

seanbobe
TBGer
From: Under a local rock
Registered: 2014-Jun-30
Posts: 5,932

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Well as the cop I know that RGB is a murderer. So that is who I am voting for.

I also think I will die tonight.


I have no clue what to type here right now.

Offline

#364 2019-Jan-12  09:20:12

SuperJedi224
TBGer
From: Somewhere and Somewhen
Registered: 2013-Jun-10
Posts: 7,441

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

I may change this later but... vote RGB


And now you have gone away because you longed greatly for your father's house, but why did you steal my gods?" Jacob answered and said to Laban, "Because I was afraid, for I thought that you would take your daughters from me by force. Anyone with whom you find your gods shall not live. In the presence of our kinsmen point out what I have that is yours, and take it." (Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen them.) (Gen. 31:30-32)

Check out the new song contest. I'm on github, and youtube. Owner of the TBG forums flockmod room.

30818.png

31yMOazJEIL.jpg

Offline

#365 2019-Jan-12  10:20:31

DaEpikDude
TBGer
From: the observable universe
Registered: 2017-Dec-15
Posts: 3,899
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Ok then vote RGB


I once had a whim and I had to obey it to buy a french horn from a second hand shop, I polished it up and I started to play it in spite of the neighbours who begged me to stop. To sound my horn, I had to develop my embouchure, I found my horn, was a bit of a devil to play. So artfully wound, to give you a sound, a beautiful sound, so rich and round. Oh, the hours I ha-ad to spend before I mastered it in the end! But that was yesterday, and just today I looked in the usual place. There was the case, but the horn itself was missing! Who? Swiped? That? Horn? I'll bet you a quid, somebody did! Knowing I found a concerto and wanted to play it afraid of my talent at playing the horn, for early today to my utter dismay it had vanished away like the dew in the morn. Tutti. I've lost that horn, I know I was using it yesterday, I've lost that horn, lost that horn, found that horn gorn! There's not much hope of getting it back though I'd willingly pay a reward. I know some hearty folk whose party joke's pretending to hunt with the Quorn. Gone away! Gone away! Was it one of them took it away? I shall tell the police! I! Want! That! French! Horn! Baaaaaack... I miss its music more and more and more, without that horn, I'm feeling sad and so forlo-orn... (oooooooh) I found a concerto and wanted to play it displaying my talent at playing the horn, but early today to my utter dismay it had totally vanished away! I practised the horn and I wanted to play it but somebody took it away, I practised the horn and was longing to play it but somebody took it away! My neighbour's asleep in his bed. I'll soon make him wish he were dead. I'll take up the tuba instead - wah wah!

Offline

#366 2019-Jan-12  11:10:44

realicraft
TBGer
From: LastPostTale
Registered: 2018-Jun-25
Posts: 697
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

sounds like RGB

Offline

#367 2019-Jan-12  12:04:22

seanbobe
TBGer
From: Under a local rock
Registered: 2014-Jun-30
Posts: 5,932

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Also, as I will likely die tonight, I'm gonna mention that the most likely way for the town to win is for the necromancer to revive me after I die.


I have no clue what to type here right now.

Offline

#368 2019-Jan-12  12:33:21

redgreenandblue
TBGer
From: scratch like most of us
Registered: 2017-Jul-03
Posts: 9,787
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

But, I'm the actual cop though? I know I'll still die because most of the votes have been cast, but when you find that out for yourselves I recommend killing off seanbobe because why else would he lie about being cop?

SuperJedi is innocent btw


Bht36ZG.png
I have 21 internet
The Infinite Flood is on page 44. Help put it out!

Offline

#369 2019-Jan-12  12:37:35

TheLastDino
TBGer
From: The Dinocave
Registered: 2013-Jan-02
Posts: 15,647

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Switching vote to seanbobe, makes more sense on retrospect.


"Yipee, I did it!" the man said with glee,
"I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!"
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
"I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead."

Offline

#370 2019-Jan-12  12:42:41

Smiley100P
TBGer
From: The sooshiverse
Registered: 2014-Aug-10
Posts: 17,349
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

yeah im pretty sure sean is maf and hes just trying to get us on their side, definitely voting Seanbobe


True Colors
Can I just post a tbgs doomsday clock here
11:54 (?)

Offline

#371 2019-Jan-12  13:05:34

seanbobe
TBGer
From: Under a local rock
Registered: 2014-Jun-30
Posts: 5,932

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Pretty convenient that there are 5 people who I could have accused (6 if you think I am willing to rat out my partner) and I just happened to pick the one who has the role I am claiming. That's a 20% (16%) chance, whereas if I am telling the truth, there is a 50/50 chance the person I investigated on night 0 was a killing role. Believe who you wish, but if the wrong person is killed, there is almost no chance of the town winning unless both the loner and the mafia kill each other.


I have no clue what to type here right now.

Offline

#372 2019-Jan-12  13:11:57

SuperJedi224
TBGer
From: Somewhere and Somewhen
Registered: 2013-Jun-10
Posts: 7,441

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Unvote

Can we get the vote count?


And now you have gone away because you longed greatly for your father's house, but why did you steal my gods?" Jacob answered and said to Laban, "Because I was afraid, for I thought that you would take your daughters from me by force. Anyone with whom you find your gods shall not live. In the presence of our kinsmen point out what I have that is yours, and take it." (Now Jacob did not know that Rachel had stolen them.) (Gen. 31:30-32)

Check out the new song contest. I'm on github, and youtube. Owner of the TBG forums flockmod room.

30818.png

31yMOazJEIL.jpg

Offline

#373 2019-Jan-12  13:22:42

seanbobe
TBGer
From: Under a local rock
Registered: 2014-Jun-30
Posts: 5,932

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

SuperJedi224 wrote:

Unvote

Can we get the vote count?

3 votes for RGB and 3 votes for me.


I have no clue what to type here right now.

Offline

#374 2019-Jan-12  13:28:22

TheLastDino
TBGer
From: The Dinocave
Registered: 2013-Jan-02
Posts: 15,647

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

seanbobe wrote:

Pretty convenient that there are 5 people who I could have accused (6 if you think I am willing to rat out my partner) and I just happened to pick the one who has the role I am claiming. That's a 20% (16%) chance, whereas if I am telling the truth, there is a 50/50 chance the person I investigated on night 0 was a killing role. Believe who you wish, but if the wrong person is killed, there is almost no chance of the town winning unless both the loner and the mafia kill each other.

I feel like probability doesn't really work as a defense in Mafia, since basically everyone - including the town - will be lying.


"Yipee, I did it!" the man said with glee,
"I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!"
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
"I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead."

Offline

#375 2019-Jan-12  13:30:01

Smiley100P
TBGer
From: The sooshiverse
Registered: 2014-Aug-10
Posts: 17,349
Website

Re: TBGForums Mafia Game (Game Starting Soon)

Jedi is basically deciding who lives or who dies by now haha

Jedi who ya gon kill


True Colors
Can I just post a tbgs doomsday clock here
11:54 (?)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB