News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Library (CYOA)

Started by Tymewalk, Oct 19, 2018, 01:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

You are in a library. It's very nice, quiet, and secluded. There's tons of books to read and computers if you need those too. You don't need to deal with any noise or crowds, just the quiet flipping of pages and footsteps of other visitors to the library.

That being said, despite the restrictions on being quiet, there's still a lot you can do inside the library.

So then, what do you do?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

(heh, i saw that double post tyme ;))

Go find a book about physics.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDude(heh, i saw that double post tyme )

(Blame the fact my internet cut out for a second. :P)
Quote from: DaEpikDudeGo find a book about physics.

You go look for some books about physics.

Physics, however, is quite a large topic, and there are a number of different fields to choose from. You can see topics such as thermodynamics, quantum physics, nuclear reactions, and more covered on the shelf the physics books lie on. Of course, there are also a couple of basic physics textbooks available to look at.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Find a book about quantum physics and attempt to understand it.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeFind a book about quantum physics and attempt to understand it.
You pick up the book on quantum physics, then take it back to a nice desk to read on.

The terminology is rather confusing, but you could probably understand it with enough time and notes.

Starmeadows

Also check out a computer and use it for quantum physics reasearch and ssf2

Tymewalk

Quote from: Smiley100PAlso check out a computer and use it for quantum physics reasearch and ssf2
The computer has several resources on quantum physics, some of which explain it quite clearly and easily for you to understand.

Understanding of Quantum Physics: 0 -> 1

Blunderbus

Since you're on the computer go on the TBGs and see if there are any interesting games.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeSince you're on the computer go on the TBGs and see if there are any interesting games.
The TBGs has quite a few interesting games, in both the TBGs and RPGs sections.

In the TBGs section, there are various counting and word games, while in the RPGs section, there is an interesting CYOA about a school.

Tymewalk

Joyous Theta

Yell until you get kicked out, then find a better library.

findanegg

construct a molotov cocktail and light it
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Seam49

Invent a time machine.

Tymewalk

Quote from: CrazeePiYell until you get kicked out, then find a better library.
You attempt to yell, but a girl sitting nearby stops you.

"Hey, don't yell! It's very distracting!" she says, somewhat angrily.
Quote from: findaneggconstruct a molotov cocktail and light it
Quote from: Seam49Invent a time machine.
Unfortunately, you do not have the resources for either of those objects.

Blunderbus

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeYell anyway.
As you yell, the librarian comes over and scolds you.

"This is a library. Please be quiet," she says, with as much malice in her tone as possible.

DownsGameClub

I go to the encyclopedia section.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DownsGameClubI go to the encyclopedia section.
After being scolded, you walk up and head over to the encyclopedia section.

There are very few encyclopedias remaining, seeing as how most people just use Wikipedia anyways.

There is, however, a nice directory of where you can find certain types of books in the library.

DownsGameClub

I check the year of the encyclopedia.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DownsGameClubI check the year of the encyclopedia.
There is one published in 1991, and another published in 1974.

DownsGameClub

"Yucky old..."

I check the directory.

Seam49

I have a farting attack.

Wolfslime123

no. Read a book about cosmic horrors, go a little mad from the revelation.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Seam49

I go into The 18+ section and pick up a book, I read.