News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Linguistic Viscera [CYOA]

Started by Fishmael, Apr 08, 2018, 12:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

A. It'd be nice to actually see.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDudeA. It'd be nice to actually see.
Quote from: TymewalkA
(As it was the first option to garner two votes, [a.] is the chosen option.)

You grab the Flashlight and quickly turn it on. In the light, you can now clearly see an Enormous Bat flying right towards you. Which... just about figures. It gnashes its sharp fangs in the air, continuing to click as it tries to pinpoint your location in the room. In the amount of time left for it to reach you, you could either untie another one of your limbs, throw the Flashlight at the Bat, say something to the Bat, or put the Flashlight down and pick up a different object near you, including the objects you had in your pocket.

Which do you choose? (First option with two votes is the chosen option.)

[a.] Untie a limb. (Specific vote would follow.)
[b.] Throw the Flashlight at the Bat.
[c.] Say something to the Bat. (Prompt would follow.)
[d.] Swap the Flashlight with a different object. (Specific vote would follow.)
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Fishmael

Quote from: TymewalkC
Quote from: DaEpikDudeC
(With that, [c.] is the chosen option.)

You consider that the beast is probably much more open to conversation than it initially appears, and reason that you might as well give talking to it a try.

What do you say?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Tymewalk

"Why am I here? Please, help me!"

Fishmael

Quote from: Tymewalk"Why am I here? Please, help me!"

The Bat stops its flight, cocking its head to the side as it stands still for a moment, silent. Then, the Bat clicks again, before flying directly at you. It picks up the Bedframe that you're still mostly tied to and lifts it into the air as though your weight had no effect on its ability to fly. With your Flashlight in hand, you can now easily discern where you are and where you're headed from this airborne vantage.

It appears that the room you're standing in was initially the second and third floors of the same four story Warehouse that you've been in this whole time, though the entirety of the third floor has been removed, along with all the walls of the smaller rooms on both floors, leaving one room the size of two whole floors. That also explains why the stairway leading from the fourth floor to the third dropped off to nothing in the darkness. The entire floor of the room is covered in broken objects of all sorts, from car fenders to irreparable kitchen sinks. Anything of any immediate value was probably picked out of the pile of trash by the Spider and stored in the various rooms on the fourth floor.

This does not explain why you woke up tied to the bedframe by curtains, or where the Bat is carrying you.

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Tymewalk

Hold still and brace for impact.

Fishmael

Quote from: TymewalkHold still and brace for impact.

You brace yourself as much as you can as someone who has three limbs tied to a bedframe. As the Bat clears one of the larger trash piles near the center of the room, you can make out an odd Construct formed at its base in the dim light of your Flashlight, still held in your one free hand. The Construct is not at all dissimilar to the Nest of a Golden Weaver bird, though made entirely from scrap metal bent into shape through considerable effort. It appears that this is where the Bat is taking you.

Bracing for impact proves unnecessary, as the Bat seems to place you within the entrance of the Nest with some grace before flying off once more, leaving you at the mouth of this artificial cavity still tied to the frame you woke on.

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Tymewalk

Get out of the bedframe as quickly as possible.

Fishmael

Quote from: TymewalkGet out of the bedframe as quickly as possible.
You scramble to untie your other arm and start on the restraints around your legs when you hear a screech from the deeper reaches of the Metal Nest.

"My, aren't you in a state." Says the familiar voice from behind you. With your legs freed, you turn to see the Spider standing between where you stand and the entrance (or rather, exit) of the Nest. "Has Homer mistaken you for birdfeed?"

How do you answer?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Blunderbus

"Uh... maybe? I fell down the stairs and then I was tied up on this bedframe, then that b-Homer was carrying me over here."

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDude"Uh... maybe? I fell down the stairs and then I was tied up on this bedframe, then that b-Homer was carrying me over here."
"It's safe to say that waking up tied to a bedframe and being carried away by a Nycteridae isn't a circumstance anyone would be comfortable about, and I can't blame you for wanting to traverse the lower levels of our abode." The Spider says. "Still, the young Nightingale calls, and Homer and I have found it to be our responsibility to keep the young one well fed."

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Tymewalk

Blunderbus

Blunderbus

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDude[bump]
Quote from: DaEpikDude[bump]
(Juvel here, just wanted to say that I apologize for my absence, I was out for quite a while to visit a friend of mine. The sands this time of year, while cold, are beautiful. I only hope I can get the snow out of my sandals.)
Quote from: Tymewalk"The... young one?"
"Yes, the newborn Chick has found itself in our Storageplace of Archives and General Knick-knacks rather unexpectedly. While it wasn't our choice for it to be here, Homer, the others, and I have decided we might as well take care of it until its Mother decides to come for it, though at this point I doubt anyone is coming." The Spider explains. "I see you've untied yourself from your restraints rather quickly. I won't prevent you from leaving this Nest, but I will warn you that the Young One is prone to anger if it isn't fed something before you leave. Honestly, anything will do. I couldn't think of anything it wouldn't eat."

It appears that, unless you wish to invoke the wrath of the Young Bird deeper in the Nest you should feed it something before you leave. You don't have much on you, but anything will do.

Which would you prefer? (Majority of first three responses.)

[a.] Feed the Bird.
[b.] Refuse and exit the Nest.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Blunderbus

Dino

Blunderbus

Blunderbus