News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Wake up, Go to school, Save the world

Started by Seanbobe, Oct 30, 2018, 09:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49My guy says spend the night here.
Quote from: TymewalkNathan turns to the others. "We're not exactly prepared for a night ambush," he says. "We need to stay the night here and rest up."

Annie: OK. Let's look for an inn.

You find an inn called the fortunately unfortunately. Fortunately, one of the rooms is free. (Inn rooms normally cost 5F, but someone paid for you.) Unfortunately, there are only 2 beds.
~~~~~~
You wake up the next morning, some of you on the floor, some of you on the beds, and one of you in the bathtub. You all gather in the lobby of the inn.

All health restored.

Annie: You guys get ready to continue. I'n going to by a tent so we won't need to stay in inns in the future.

In the lobby you see 3 magazines. "Fighting techniques for beginners", "Fights and how to avoid them", and "Haggling to lower prices". You also see water bottles being sold for 1F each and a box of free rubber bands.
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Blunderbus

John picks up a copy of "Fights and How to Avoid Them" and starts reading it.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn picks up a copy of "Fights and How to Avoid Them" and starts reading it.
John reads "Fights and How to Avoid Them." Most of the articles in the magazine are useless. There are a few useful articles though. One article is about using animal calls to stop animals from attacking you. Another article is about trying to talk to someone who is about to attack you. A third article is about running away from a fight if everything else fails.

John can now use animal calls in battles. This has a chance of causing any non human enemies to flee.
John can now use persuasion in battles. This lowers the battle rolls of any human enemies.
The group may now flee from certain battles. This allows you to get out of a losing fight without losing.

"Fighting techniques for beginners" and "Haggling to lower prices" are still out. In addition, you now notice "Basic first aid", "Using random stuff as weapons", and "Gourmet fruit cooking" on a nearby shelf.
(John may not read a second magazine since he is too busy with his current one. If any of the other players do not choose a magazine in the next 60 hours, I will assign the remaining magazines based on personality.)

Seam49

My guy gets som emergency rubber bands and buys a bottle.

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49My guy gets som emergency rubber bands and buys a bottle.

SALHERETT does that.

Seam49

I pick up fighting techniques. I read.

Seanbobe

Quote from: Seam49I pick up fighting techniques. I read.
SALHERETT reads "Fighting Techniques for Beginners." It includes articles on concentration, unarmed fighting, and a defense stance.

SALHERETT can now concentrate during battle. This skips his turn, but increases the effect of his next turn.
SALHERETT will gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls if unarmed.
SALHERETT can now enter a defense stance in battle. This ensures all enemies will attack him this turn, but reduces the effect they have on him.

The others also pick up magazines.
LFH picks up "Using random stuff as weapons."
LFH will gain a +1 bonus to any weapon roll.
LFH can use anything from the inventory as a weapon, regardless of if it could normally be used.
LFH can repair damaged weapons in battle.

Ethan picks up "Haggling to lower prices."
Ethan can haggle to educe the prices of items found in shops.
Ethan can steal an enemy's wallet in battle. If successful, this will confuse the enemy (50% chance of skipping their turn) and earn the group 5-10F.
If Ethan is in the group and able to act at the end of a battle, the group gains extra currency.

Vinny picks up "Basic first aid."
Vinny can use band-aids in battle. Band-aids will heal 5 health and remove some negative statuses.
Vinny can perform basic first-aid in battle. This will restore 7 health or heal a fainted ally to 3 health.
Vinny will recover from negative status effects faster than the rest of the group.

Nathan picks up "Gourmet fruit cooking."
Nathan can use 2 fruit per turn in battle.
Nathan has a 10% chance of using a fruit for free in battle.
Nathan can cook a fruit to make it more effective in battle.

Annie comes back with a tent.

Annie: Are we ready to go?

Blunderbus

"Yeah, looks like it," says John, putting the magazine back on the rack. "Seems like everyone's learned a few new tricks, as well."

Joyous Theta

Tymewalk

Nathan grabs some rubber bands and nods. "I think we're all ready."
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Pinkieofthepies

Vinny stuffs her pockets with rubber bands

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDude"Yeah, looks like it," says John, putting the magazine back on the rack. "Seems like everyone's learned a few new tricks, as well."
Quote from: CrazeePiLFH takes some rubber bands.
Quote from: TymewalkNathan grabs some rubber bands and nods. "I think we're all ready."
Quote from: PinkieofthepiesVinny stuffs her pockets with rubber bands
The group takes a few rubber bands.

Annie: Great. Let's go.

Annie leaves the inn and heads down the dirt road.

Tymewalk

Nathan catches up with Annie.

"So, um, there wouldn't be any... dangerous parts along this road, are there?" he asks, nervously.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Seam49

Seanbobe

Quote from: TymewalkNathan catches up with Annie.

"So, um, there wouldn't be any... dangerous parts along this road, are there?" he asks, nervously.

Annie: There might be a few bears, but this is the safest path in, and we are safer since we waited out the night. It's nothing we can't handle anyway.

Quote from: Seam49Check for land mines

SALHERETT: search: 1d10=10+3(willpower)=13

SALHERETT searches and finds nothing.

Pinkieofthepies

"bears, huh.. I can totally take on some bears.." Vinny says, Clearly scared of the possibility of encountering bears.

Seam49

Tymewalk

"Right..." Nathan says meekly.

Nathan quickly checks for traps along the path, hoping that there'd be none for unsuspecting adventurers (or the bears lying in the forest, something Nathan would rather avoid considering.)

Seanbobe

Quote from: Pinkieofthepies"bears, huh.. I can totally take on some bears.." Vinny says, Clearly scared of the possibility of encountering bears.
Annie: They shouldn't be too difficult. We should keep going.
Quote from: Tymewalk"Right..." Nathan says meekly.

Nathan quickly checks for traps along the path, hoping that there'd be none for unsuspecting adventurers (or the bears lying in the forest, something Nathan would rather avoid considering.)
Nathan: search: 1d20=15

Nathan checks for traps as the group continues through a forest. He finds a few birdfeeders, but no traps.
Quote from: Seam49I constantly scan for bears.
SALHERETT: scan: 1d20=16

SALHERETT searches for bears. After about 30 minutes, he notices a single bear in the forest, heading toward the group. The group stops.

Blunderbus

John freezes, looks at the bear, and plays dead.

Seanbobe

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn freezes, looks at the bear, and plays dead.
John: play dead: 1d10=10+5=15 (partial success)

The bear sniffs at John for a few seconds, before moving past him, toward the rest of the group.

Pinkieofthepies

Vinny shrieks and attempts to climb a tree

Blunderbus

John hears Vinny's shrieks and, realising that screaming and running away is typically the exact opposite thing you should do whenever you're being attacked by a bear, gets up and tries out his animal calls at the bear.

Joyous Theta

"DO NOT WORRY, I KNOW HOW TO OPERATE A BEAR." LFH turns towards the bear and says "bear growl 1," before going over to a tree and "accidentally" starting a forest fire, knowing full well that it is now the bear's duty and responsibility to correct this bad behavior.

Seanbobe

Quote from: PinkieofthepiesVinny shrieks and attempts to climb a tree
Vinny: Climb: 1d10=10+2(fitness)=12 (partial success)

Vinny manages to climb onto a low branch of a nearby tree.
Quote from: CrazeePi"DO NOT WORRY, I KNOW HOW TO OPERATE A BEAR." LFH turns towards the bear and says "bear growl 1," before going over to a tree and "accidentally" starting a forest fire, knowing full well that it is now the bear's duty and responsibility to correct this bad behavior.
LFH: Growl: 1d10=1+2(social skills)=3 (failure)

LFH fails to do... whatever they were trying to do to the bear. The bear is now focused on LFH. LFH tries to light a fire, but does not have anything to start one with.

Quote from: DaEpikDudeJohn hears Vinny's shrieks and, realising that screaming and running away is typically the exact opposite thing you should do whenever you're being attacked by a bear, gets up and tries out his animal calls at the bear.
John: Animal call: 1d20=9 (partial failure)

John perfectly performs a wolf call. Unfortunately, the problem is a bear. The call distracts the bear long enough to prevent it from attacking LFH, but the group has no choice but to fight it now.

---Battle time---
You can't flee from this battle!
Party:
John:
     Health: 35/35
     Energy: 10/10
LFH:
Ethan: