News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Ye olde Welcome Wonka Wagon.

Started by tailskirbyyoshifan, Sep 22, 2012, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Well, real life has let up, so I'm now officially back!

Expect any RPs or other things I was in to resume normally shortly.
Quote from: redgreenandblue
Quote from: Flowermanvista
Quote from: redgreenandblueAlso does this mean we don't have any more active moderators...

Tyme came back. You must not be on the Discord very often.
I assumed he just left the forums and not discord.
It was mostly both, honestly. I had a few minutes sometimes to get on Discord on my phone but it wasn't much. I also didn't want to officially come back until I was 100% certain things would be cleared, as I've done that before and it didn't work out well.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Oh shoot I missed my 1st TBGversary

Well

Happy belated TBG anniversary to me I guess
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Dino

Two days late isn't too bad. Mine's actually in a few weeks too. Happy anniversary!

redgreenandblue

Happy TBG anniversary DaEpikDude!
🌱

DownsGameClub

happy TBG anniversary!  I hope you had a really great year.  :)

the2000

Happy belated anniversary! I was sick for a few days, thanks for forgetting it for me!
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Blunderbus

Quote from: the2000Happy belated anniversary! I was sick for a few days, thanks for forgetting it for me!
you're welcome???????

the2000

Normally I'd refrain from posting negative things like this, but I feel like this is a serious thing that needs to be addressed.
Why are the TBGs so... stale?
Like lately I've been seeing some higher morale among the forums, which is neat, but I feel like I still can't be the only one feeling this. I have a few ideas, and I'll have a solution for each.

Theory A: Communication
Before we got a Discord and everyone could easily talk there, we kept coming back because this is where we talked. If someone stopped coming, well, that's the end of talking with them. Now we can just talk anywhere else. As a sidenote, the chat is becoming less functional, and audio support will be deprecated in 2020.

Solutions
1. Delete the Discord
Yeah, this is a little harsh, but maybe it shows exactly what will happen to this site. Deleting the Discord is dumb and people can still talk via Discord PMs. Maybe this just demonstrates that this is a complex problem?
2. Rework the Chat
This honestly does seem like a good idea at first, and don't get me wrong, it has many factors that may lead to its success, but it just seems impossible. We'd need someone to program a suitable chatroom for the site, and then we'd need to actually get in contact with Skyline. That would be hard.

Theory B: Deprecation
The site is just outdated. Skyline doesn't participate at all, even behind the scenes, and the site never even gets community updates, let alone actually functionality updates. It was like a Christmas miracle when the logo was changed to an April Fools' one for a single day, and when we finally got another announcement. Skyline last posted May of this year, and before that

Solution
Update the site more. It sounds easy, but we need to consider that Skyline wouldn't want to do this on their own, and it doesn't sound worth it for Skyline anyways. On the other hand, Skyline still does pay to keep this website up, and that's something. I must admit, it's pretty surprising, for a site with very few members, let alone ones that have the ability to bitcoin mine or donate real money to help host the site.

Theory C:
...you know i'm too lazy to continue this. maybe you guys do it? you get the point. this is a complex issue with many possible causes and solutions. we have to consider everything and try it.

either that or i'm crazy and this site is just like it always was and i wasted like 30 minutes typing this

Blunderbus

All we need is a dark style that cuts of sigs and everything will be fixed

the2000

Remember when we tried a bunch of things to get new users? Good times. Also remember when TBGs mascots were a thing? I don't, because I wasn't around, and neither were any of you, I think. But apparently they existed.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: the2000Remember when we tried a bunch of things to get new users? Good times. Also remember when TBGs mascots were a thing? I don't, because I wasn't around, and neither were any of you, I think. But apparently they existed.
They did?

Also, I totally agree that the site is feels... different than before. The tone is different, more internety which I'm sad about. (You know, the self deprecating humor, the posts about being worthless etc.)

I think that we've lost good RPs which is one of the 3 parts of the TBGs. I miss my old tbg friends. This feels like TBGs is going to die but I think I'm overreacting and it's just in a down spot. We'll just have to get lucky with new members and hope they can write some good games.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

GalaxySugarFox

Quote from: Wolfslime123
Quote from: the2000Remember when we tried a bunch of things to get new users? Good times. Also remember when TBGs mascots were a thing? I don't, because I wasn't around, and neither were any of you, I think. But apparently they existed.
They did?

Also, I totally agree that the site is feels... different than before. The tone is different, more internety which I'm sad about. (You know, the self deprecating humor, the posts about being worthless etc.)

I think that we've lost good RPs which is one of the 3 parts of the TBGs. I miss my old tbg friends. This feels like TBGs is going to die but I think I'm overreacting and it's just in a down spot. We'll just have to get lucky with new members and hope they can write some good games.
ikr, hopefully  a mod can make some REAALY good RP,  because the few that exist are dying.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: GalaxySugarFox
They did?

ikr, hopefully  a mod can make some REAALY good RP,  because the few that exist are dying.
I'm considering an FTL RP. interested?
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

srbija

hi all, i seen oters introduce self in topic, i am here to say hello to all, nice to meet you.
здраво, im teenager from serbia. im called miroslav

Seam49

What do people think of my signature? (A joke)

DownsGameClub

See, I don't usually get jokes/memes like those, so I can't really say anything...  :/

the captcha works

It's been 364 days. Can I get a welcome back?
Who knows, I may make this account useful some day.

(Alt of CoolTBGGaming)

Wolfslime123

Quote from: the captcha worksIt's been 364 days. Can I get a welcome back?
Welcome back! The RPGs hardly exist anymore and when it does it doesn't have any normal, serious RPs! YyYaAaYy! HELP US
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

-Terrariadude555-

ohio. im back. but, rarely. only when i can.
Anyone still here? Daepikdude?
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Anyone still here? Daepikdude?
Oh hello again

SuperJedi224

GalaxySugarFox

Welcome back! The RPGs hardly exist anymore and when it does it doesn't have any normal, serious RPs! YyYaAaYy! HELP US
Well, Shards of Power is still going.

Flowermanvista

You can be a part of the solution that you're so interested in. Propose a serious RPG and see if anyone's interested.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Tymewalk

Welcome back!
Quote from: Flowermanvista

You can be a part of the solution that you're so interested in. Propose a serious RPG and see if anyone's interested.
Yep. I'd honestly post more serious RPGs if I had any ideas, so if you've got an idea, feel free to post it.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

realicraft

Quote from: TymewalkYep. I'd honestly post more serious RPGs if I had any ideas, so if you've got an idea, feel free to post it.
An RPG where you and other people adventure around the moon trying to collect enough special moon rocks to not have something bad happen to Earth... or something.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o