News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The Prisoner's Dilemma (0/5)

Started by findanegg, Dec 01, 2018, 01:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findanegg

Hello internet, and welcome to Game Theory! As in, the actual school of thought called game theory. More specifically, the game theory thought experiment of the Prisoner's Dilemma. What is the Prisoner's Dilemma, you ask like someone who doesn't know how to use Wikipedia?

Anyway, here's how the game works. For every scenario in which a normal person would just roll a 3d6 or d10 to check and call it a day, a 2x2 board will be generated using the following diagram (each variable will be determined by a random dice roll, and varies from -10 to 10):

Z, Z | X, Y
-----------
Y, X | W, W

The number on the left represents how much you succeed or fail, and the number on the right represents how much the world, an NPC, or another player you're checking against succeeds or fails. Either the game or player you're checking against determines whether the square will be on the top or bottom (often the game will choose randomly, though if you're checking against an NPC their "personalities" will determine their choice), while you decide whether the square will be on the left or right. For example, if the other player decides top row and you decide left column, the top left square will be chosen. Got it?

The year is 1962. You are an inmate in the infamous maximum security center Phrackle Rock. Most of you have been arrested for known gang activity with one of four rival gangs.
The Crups are known for their imposing strength and unarmed combat, and have sold their way to becoming one of the largest orange juice cartels in the country after the Toothpaste Act of '57. They can be identified by a yellow bandanna.
The Starone Family has an inexplicable connection to the supernatural, which they have used to obtain a sturdy monopoly on the kale industry. Each member carries a red badge with the family motto.
The Danish Republican Antifascist Guerilla Organization of North Simtan (D.R.A.G.O.N.S.) is a paramilitary force with extensive knowledge of guerrilla combat, fighting for North Simtan to be recognized as an independent republic, and how about a few bucks while we're at it? You'll spot them wearing a blue necklace.
The Howling Greengloves of P.S. 183 are good with melee weapons and focus mainly on petty crimes such as robbery, illegal fireworks, and loitering. Look for a tattoo of a green glove on their arm.
You can also not be affiliated with a gang.
Prisoners:
Quote from: CranemakerName:Memey Bobbetta
Gang Association:The Crups
Backstory:I sold orange juice to an undercover cop. Then I got arrested but then I busted out of jail. Then I ended up on PHRACKLE ROCK. The end.
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

DownsGameClub

For the record, this has been moved from RPG -> MFG.  :)

Cranemaker

Name:Memey Bobbetta
Backstory:I sold orange juice to an undercover cop. Then I got arrested but then I busted out of jail. Then I ended up on PHRACKLE ROCK. The end.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii there human. I enjoy chezborger.

findanegg

Quote from: CranemakerName:Memey Bobbetta

Great,,,,
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.