News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

GeneriVenture: a 100% completely totally generic RPG of craziness

Started by Blunderbus, Jun 28, 2018, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

oh jeez i haven't done anything with this in like 7 years

i should fix that

Quote from: CrazeePiRingo looks down at the paper. "Yeah," he says, "That looks like them..."
"Well, if that's who you're looking for, I suppose we should get going."

Quote from: TymewalkZachary looks around some stalls for clues.
There are some stall-like objects in the village, and Zachary searches around in them. Maybe he'll find something?
Zachary: Search (1d20) = 20

Zachary finds some strange notes on the floor behind one of the stalls. They seem to be letters between two different people...
"I'm not sure if this performance thing is such a good idea. My performance partner's gotten lost somewhere and it's a little tricky to do my act without him.
- V"

"Look, you have to do this. I can give you a bunch of Gold™, you'll manage. Your solo act's fine as-is."

Zachary takes the notes.

This isn't a clue but he also finds a dusty book that on closer inspection is actually a Healing tome!
(Light / Healing tome (25/25): 10 WP, 1 Range, heals an ally)
The Healing tome's been sent to storage, you can get it out at any point.

Seems like there's nothing else to do in the town, so the group heads off towards That Second Country.

The group gets to the border between Where You Start and That Second Country, where there are a bunch of guards.
"Halt! We're protecting this border from spies from The Empire™. You lot looks suspicious and armed."
The guard looks at the group, a bunch of random adventurers who are like 30% spellswords.
"...Well, you're mostly armed with books, but I never trust anyone who fights with books! State your names and purpose."
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Zachary steps forward.

"My name is Zachary Ethmann."

Not entirely sure what to say after that, he continues with the first thing that comes to mind.

"What's your name?"

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is not always the best.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Quote from: TymewalkZachary steps forward.

"My name is Zachary Ethmann."

Not entirely sure what to say after that, he continues with the first thing that comes to mind.

"What's your name?"

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is not always the best.
"None of ya business! Unless, of course, you're saying that your purpose is to find out our names? And anyway, what about all the rest of you?"

(Teddy)
"Well, I'm Teddy Zeke, and our goal is to go over and defeat the Random Evil Dark Lord... well, maybe except for Ringo but whatever."

(the guard)
"You lot? Trying to defeat Random Evil Dark Lord? C'mon, don't make me laugh. There's no way it heck you'll be able to do that, you all should just turn back."

Blunderbus

Tymewalk

"And what makes you say that? For all you know, we could be very powerful," Zachary says confidently.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Quote from: Tymewalk"And what makes you say that? For all you know, we could be very powerful," Zachary says confidently.
The guard looks around at the group, before snickering, and then full-on laughing.
"You guys? Powerful? Not a single one of you's promoted! Not even Mr GMPC over there!"
The guard stops laughing, and looks at the group more seriously.
"All right, that's it. You guys aren't getting into this country. And you're not leaving, either!"

He calls all the other guards, and they all ready their weapons.
"Oh, by the way, magic boy," he says, looking at Zachary, "name's Blake. Not that it matters now, since you all don't stand a chance!"

Battle 2: Border Brawl

Once again, the map can be found here.

I'll wait a bit for final preparations before starting properly

Blunderbus

Ok so I'm just gonna start but you can still get stuff in/out of storage for this first turn

Player's Turn

go

Tymewalk

(I have to say, I absolutely love that map.)

(Anyways, guys, do we have a plan, or are we just taking down enemies wherever we can reach them?)

Joyous Theta

(I mean, we could probably move Winny and Odin down to block the enemies off and prevent them from surrounding us. Ringo should probably be somewhere right behind to heal if someone else doesn't want the light tome recruit Valerie whenever she presumably attempts to attack us.)

Ringo replaces his lightning tome with the light tome if nobody else wants it. If somebody wants his focus tome and Ringo gets the light tome, then Ringo instead replaces his focus tome.

Blunderbus

Quote from: CrazeePi(I mean, we could probably move Winny and Odin down to block the enemies off and prevent them from surrounding us. Ringo should probably be somewhere right behind to heal if someone else doesn't want the light tome recruit Valerie whenever she presumably attempts to attack us.)

Ringo replaces his lightning tome with the light tome if nobody else wants it. If somebody wants his focus tome and Ringo gets the light tome, then Ringo instead replaces his focus tome.
I assume by the "light tome" you mean the Heal tome?
If so, done

Blunderbus