News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Stop Jimbles!

Started by Tymewalk, Sep 14, 2018, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

You have one goal - stop Jimbles "Ikea Furniture" Nontronbo and his army of minions from taking over the world!

Gameplay and Rules
All rolls are conducted by d20. Buffs/debuffs can be added.

No godmodding/Mary Sues/etc. You can't just pull a nuke out of nowhere, or randomly jump straight to Jimbles and kill him instantly. (Unconventional actions are accepted though. Just don't be ridiculously overpowered.)
One character at a time. Only one character can be used by one player at a time. If you die though, you can make a new one (and get put in as soon as possible.) Death is permanent.
Jimbles is very strong. He is, and he will not be easy to stop.
These rules can change if necessary. Although hopefully they won't. :P

Finally, there is also the Rule of Cool. If something you do would be super cool, AND it wouldn't be absolutely ridiculous to allow (for example, pulling a nuke out of nowhere), it will be permitted and treated as an actual action. The Rule of Cool won't be given out all the time though, so don't count on it when posting your actions.

Sign-Up
Name:
Description:
Species:
Inventory: (pick one small item)
Other:
Attributes: None

(Please leave the status and attributes sections as they are. Status marks your current injuries, attributes marks any buffs/debuffs you may have.)

Character List
Quote from: DaEpikDudeName: Lachlan McLachlan
Description: Is a completely average person.
Species: Human
Inventory: Receipt for a set of IKEA cutlery and said set of cutlery.
Other: The cutlery doubles as some weapons. (Although they're not particularly effective)
Quote from: CrazeePiName: Irwin
Description: A grumpy, bald, mustached man who works as a janitor at Ikea. Kind of wants to stop Jimbles because taking over the world means he'd have to clean more, but also doesn't care enough to make an effort towards stopping him.
Inventory: Mop
Other: I dunno
Quote from: seanbobeName: Sean
Description: Extreme bookworm.
Inventory: Hardcover edition of "Insane Irma's Intermediate Spells", scissors, tape, pencil, a rock
(Insane Irma's Intermediate Spells contains the following:

- Bendy Object
- Heal
- Reversal (undoes a spell)
- Enlarge)
Other: Smarter than average, but less fit than average. Can be a bit stubborn.
Quote from: TreeheeName: Madam Moira
Description: Judgemental lady that insists on being treated in a formal manner. You do not want to cross her, because she can hit suprisinlgy hard with that handbag. Wears dark red lipstick, has painted deep red hair in a bouffant, as well as noticeably large jewelry. She wears a dark green blouse and a dark blue skirt with a shape similar to a cocktail dress. He also wears red heels, but appears short despite those.
Inventory: suprisingly hard handbag
Other: Judgemental, strong in the arms.
Quote from: CorrinTheDragonName: Corrin
Description: main character in fire emblem fates
Species: Half human, half dragon
Inventory: Dragonstone, a rock
Other: his dragonstone is his weapon and it let's him turn into a dragon

Storage
(Characters here are not currently in the party due to inactivity. They can be reclaimed at any time by their owners.)

None currently!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Prism

Name: Corrin
Inventory: (pick one small item) Does a lance count as small?
Other: idk
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Blunderbus

Name: Lachlan McLachlan
Other: The cutlery doubles as some weapons. (Although they're not particularly effective)
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: CorrinTheDragonName: Corrin
Inventory: (pick one small item) Does a lance count as small?
Other: idk
A lance would not be small, no.

Can Corrin transform into his dragon form?
Quote from: DaEpikDudeName: Lachlan McLachlan
Accepted.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

update character list pl0x

Prism

Quote from: TymewalkA lance would not be small, no.
Then his small thing is a Dragonstone,
Quote from: TymewalkCan Corrin transform into his dragon form?
which he uses to become dragon form.

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Tymewalk

Quote from: CorrinTheDragon
Quote from: TymewalkA lance would not be small, no.
Then his small thing is a Dragonstone,
Quote from: TymewalkCan Corrin transform into his dragon form?
which he uses to become dragon form.
Sounds good, accepted.

Prism

Can you update the character list to include this?
Other: his dragonstone is his weapon and it let's him turn into a dragon

Tymewalk

Joyous Theta

Name: Shoe
Description: Is a shoe.
Species: Shoe
Inventory: Laces
Other: I lack creativity

Tymewalk

Quote from: CrazeePiName: Shoe
Description: Is a shoe.
Species: Shoe
Inventory: Laces
Other: I lack creativity
Accepted.

Tymewalk

I'll start this tomorrow. If anybody else wants to sign up before the game starts, now's your chance.

Seanbobe

Name: Sean
Inventory: Hardcover edition of "Insane Irma's Intermediate Spells" (Hardcover dictionary if that does not pass)
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Tymewalk

Quote from: seanbobeName: Sean
Inventory: Hardcover edition of "Insane Irma's Intermediate Spells" (Hardcover dictionary if that does not pass)
Sounds good, as long as the spells aren't ridiculous. Accepted.

Blunderbus

Quote from: yesterday's TymewalkI'll start this tomorrow.

Seanbobe

Quote from: Three days ago, TymewalkI'll start this tomorrow.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDude
Quote from: yesterday's TymewalkI'll start this tomorrow.
Quote from: seanbobe
Quote from: Three days ago, TymewalkI'll start this tomorrow.
Clearly I have no sense of time. Whoops.

Tymewalk

The four stand gathered outside of the Evil Science Dude Lair of Jimbles "Ikea Furniture" Nontronbo, preparing to stop the menace which lies within.

Two guards are seated immediately in front of the Big Science Gate™. One is dressed entirely in red, the other in blue. Both are carrying large spears, colored according to their uniforms.

"HALT!" both guards shriek.

"Who goes there?" asks the red guard.
"Visitors are not welcome in this place." declares the blue guard.

"If you try to advance any further..." the red guard says, trailing off.
"...then I am afraid we will be forced to attack." the blue guard says, picking up his partner's sentence.

Blunderbus

Lachlan looks at the Evil Lair®.
That's... uh, very evil lairy.

"I bought something from IKEA and I'm not happy with my purchase, so I'm trying to return it. I mean, Jimbles' name has "Ikea Furniture" in it so I'm assuming he can handle it?"
Lachlan pulls out the receipt for the cutlery and shows it to the guards.

Seanbobe

I look around the area for anything that I could pick up that might be useful later.

Joyous Theta

Quote from: seanbobeI look around the area for anything that I could pick up that might be useful later.

I mean...

There's a shoe you can probably throw at someone.

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDudeLachlan looks at the Evil Lair®.
That's... uh, very evil lairy.

"I bought something from IKEA and I'm not happy with my purchase, so I'm trying to return it. I mean, Jimbles' name has "Ikea Furniture" in it so I'm assuming he can handle it?"
Lachlan pulls out the receipt for the cutlery and shows it to the guards.
The red and blue guards both step towards Lachlan, and examine his receipt.

The red guard looks confusedly at Lachlan. "You intend to return it here?"
The blue guard looks up at Lachlan as well. "I'm afraid we do not accept returns."
The red guard, following perfectly in sequence, finishes the blue guard's statement. "You will have to find an IKEA location to return this to. We are not a-"
The blue guard cuts his partner off. "-return verified location, and thus are not allowed to accept returns."
Quote from: seanbobeI look around the area for anything that I could pick up that might be useful later.
There seems to be a distinct lack of shoes to throw at someone.

However, the ground does contain some random items. In addition to the rocks, there appears to be a small pair of scissors, a blue pencil, and a roll of tape, presumably from someone's supplies bag.

Seanbobe

I grab the items in the following order (If I cannot grab all):
Scissors, Tape, pencil, one rock.

Blunderbus

Lachlan just walks in anyway.

Joyous Theta

Quote from: TymewalkThere seems to be a distinct lack of shoes to throw at someone.

Wait, where am I then?