News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

GeneriVenture: a 100% completely totally generic RPG of craziness

Started by Blunderbus, Jun 28, 2018, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandblueOdin purchases a potion
Quote from: CrazeePiBuy a Focus tome.

*cha-ching*

done
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

-Terrariadude555-

IF the wind tome is better than my fire tome, shut up and take my money. Otherwise take it, use it at a nearby patch of grass and give it back to merchant. Either way, buy an iron potion
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-IF the wind tome is better than my fire tome, shut up and take my money. Otherwise take it, use it at a nearby patch of grass and give it back to merchant. Either way, buy an iron potion

You buy an Iron potion and a Wind tome.
Looks like your inventory's full, though. The Wind tome was sent to storage (you can swap out one of your weapons any time you're out of battle).

Ryasis

Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Blunderbus

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Swap fire tome with wind tome.
done

Blunderbus

"Well, guess we're out of money. We should get going."

The group heads out of That First Town onto the path. There's a fork in the road, with a sign in the middle:
"Left: Towards Centreland through That Second Country
Right: Towards The Empire™ through That Second Country and That One Country That's Probably Going To Be Invaded By These Guys"

Heading towards The Empire™ could get you closer to the Dark Lord, but it could be more dangerous: they've been getting their troops ready for something for quite some time now.

Which way should you go?

Tymewalk

Are sign-ups still open?

Name: Zachary Ethmann
Class: Sage
Other: None
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

Quote from: TymewalkAre sign-ups still open?

Name: Zachary Ethmann
Class: Sage
Other: None
(Yep, signups will stay open unless I say otherwise)
Accepted.

Zachary comes up and joins the group from behind for somehow.

Tymewalk

"Oh, hey guys, what's going on?" Zachary says, facing the group he didn't know existed about three seconds ago.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Blunderbus

"Hey, person we don't know, we're going to go face Random Evil Dark Lord because the plot demands it. You feel like helping?"

-Terrariadude555-

"I think we should go left. After all, the plot could be dangerous. I don't know why we are referencing the plot when we shouldn't have knowledge of it, then again, they did it in family guy

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-"I think we should go left. After all, the plot could be dangerous. I don't know why we are referencing the plot when we shouldn't have knowledge of it, then again, they did it in family guy
Teddy stares directly into the camera and says, "What do you mean, we shouldn't know about the plot?"

Ryasis

"We should go left its literally called that second country"
Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Blunderbus

Quote from: Ryasis"We should go left its literally called that second country"
"Yeah, that sounds reasonable."
Seems like there are no objections to going along the left path.

After about half an hour of travelling, the group comes across a small village, kind of out in the middle of nowhere.
Someone runs up to the group from the village holding a bunch of little notes.
"Hey, you guys! You're heading towards That Second Country, right? Well, you should take one of these!"
She hands Teddy a small slip of paper that says, "For a limited time only in That Second Country! Come see The Circus Swordsman's signature act live!"

"Hey, Ringo, you said you just wanted to get back with your circus, right? Think this could be them?"

(Anyway, should you check out the village while you're there or should you just keep going?)

-Terrariadude555-

Check the village for items and better swords. Anything could be better really.

Blunderbus

Oh yeah this exists huh

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Check the village for items and better swords. Anything could be better really.
Well, you look around, and there aren't really any swords lying around on the ground. But you do find a guy who looks kinda like a swordsman guy.
"Hey, you look like you're trying to find swords. Well, I have this really sweet sword here and I'll give it to you if you beat me in a fight!"
(Based on d20: if you roll higher than or equal to them you win)
"Well? What do ya think?"

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: DaEpikDudeOh yeah this exists huh

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Check the village for items and better swords. Anything could be better really.
Well, you look around, and there aren't really any swords lying around on the ground. But you do find a guy who looks kinda like a swordsman guy.
"Hey, you look like you're trying to find swords. Well, I have this really sweet sword here and I'll give it to you if you beat me in a fight!"
(Based on d20: if you roll higher than or equal to them you win)
"Well? What do ya think?"
"Sure"

Blunderbus

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-"Sure"
"All right, then! En garde!"

Steve's roll: 16
The other guy's roll: 5

Steve completely crushes it, easily beating the swordfighter. Would've thought that he'd be a bit more of a challenge, but hey.

"Man, that was great! Good job! Here, you've earned this!"
You've got a Crit Blade!
You can pick it up from storage some time.

"Well, that's great and all, and that's a pretty nice sword," Teddy says, while not really paying attention to the sword at all, "but maybe we should check out that circus thing some time?"

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDude"Hey, person we don't know, we're going to go face Random Evil Dark Lord because the plot demands it. You feel like helping?"
"Oh, yeah, totally," says Zachary. And it only took him three weeks to reply.

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Blunderbus

Quote from: CorrinTheDragonso this is basically a fire emblem rip-off
no it's Definitely Not Fire Emblem™®©

Joyous Theta

Ringo looks down at the paper. "Yeah," he says, "That looks like them..."

Tymewalk