News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

True Colors- a fantasy CYOA (4/7)

Started by Starmeadows, Sep 07, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmeadows

Inspired by Lockdown and Detroit: Become Human.

You remember nothing except your codename and an order.
...And the entire english language, that too.
Your codename is KR-024 and your order is to destroy all life.
You don't know why your codename is that, or why or how you should destroy all life, just that you feel small and helpless.  It doesn't at all help that yes, you are physically very small, standing up to about six inches, if you wanted to stand.  But just after waking up you still feel pretty groggy, and are currently sitting down with your arms behind you.  You can also tell that your pelt is a solid grey with a thin but not specifically slender build, you stand on two legs, you have these large, pointed ears and three long and thin tails, and you don't seem to have been assigned a biological *.  But what's more intresting is your current surroundings... Supposedly through an arithmetic underflow.
About fifteen feet around you in all directions on the ground is absolutely nothing except equally grey ash.  What's beyond seems to be a dense forest.  The sky is currently orange, and you have no idea whether it's morning or sunset, due to having a currently defunctional mental compass.
You, however, are still sitting there, blinking.  You shortly realize that you are in a surprisingly excellent condition despite waking up in the middle of a circle of ash and having god knows what happen to you beforehand.  You also almost immediately realize that you have felt the need to pee for the last four minutes, and that you should get up and walk around, if only to find an appropriate place to do so.

Typical, you think as you stand.

Starmeadows

Gameplay Rules

Starting and Death
First and foremost, you start out with six (6) reserve lives, twelve (12) hitpoints, and no affinity for any of the three domains- Nature, Technology, or The Arcane.  If you lose all your hitpoints, you predictably lose a life and almost as predictably rewind to your last save point.  If you die and have no reserve lives, You will get an appropriate death ending and will have the option to restart from the beginning or have the file closed.  There are, however, ways to get lives back, and may have up to 255 lives at any given time, not that you're ever going to reach that.  Now that we got that out of the way, we can move to the juicy stuff.

Objectives
You always have one or some objectives listed for yourself.  Meeting one always advances the plot in some way, shape, or form

Almost Free Will Mode
This is called Almost Free Will mode because your enviroment is limited by certain paramaters the railroad sees fit.  However, you may interact with the enviroment however you wish.  Simply describe your option.

Scriptedish Mode
This is hapapening when you're given a set of choices to choose from.  You still have a "..." option in several cases, however.  Keep in mind, however, that your choices may affect the world around you.

Combat Mode
This mode happens when you're.. Locked in combat with someone, obviously, and is easily the most roll-heavy mode out of all of them.  You may choose your approach, however, and may get bonuses for good roleplaying, effectiveness, and pragmatism.

Inventory
When you start your story you only have three slots in your inventory and all your items have to be your size or smaller.  You may either keep these packed or hold them.  All items are one-handed unless told otherwise, and it's possible and sometimes encouraged to dual-wield.  Your inventory storage will slowly increase.

Affinity
As noted before, there are several characters, items, and places that are related to Nature, Technology, and The Arcane.  These places, items, and characters will always be color-coded, and interacting with them may raise or lower your affinity with them.  You may only have up to 100 affinity combined in total, and atttempting to add more will lower all other affinities equally.  Once you acquire 50 affinity with a domain, however, your own name will turn its color and you will begin to embody that affinity...

tl;dr
Think of everything, trust me.

Starmeadows

Files

KR-024 x6 | 12(12) | 0 0 0 | -Terrariadude555- | X
KR-024 x6 | 12(12) | 0 0 0 | CrazeePi | X
Xander x6 | 12(12) | 1 0 0 | CorrinTheDragon | X

Indefinitely suspended files
Anders x6 | 10(12) | 0 0 0 | Thartler | X

Complete files
None yet of course lol

To get a file, simply request one.

Starmeadows

Final Notes

Please note that you are required to obey all community guidelines.  The game is also very story-driven, so it's suggested you don't look at then other files lest you spoil the plot.

The game is also a pretty big experiment.

Starmeadows

Obligatory Reserve Post, coupled with an official declaration that yes, you may post now.  Have at it.

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

Faressain

If you were willing to give me a file, do it. Just I'll be going to lengthen my posts if possible.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Starmeadows

Quote from: ItakuIf you were willing to give me a file, do it. Just I'll be going to lengthen my posts if possible.
Ding Dong Dang

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

-Terrariadude555-

Prism

she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

Starmeadows

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Uncapitalise the d in my name.
Done

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

Fun fact: my complicative brain decided to write an entire heccin flowchart for Chapter 1 lol

Its pretty dense

-Terrariadude555-

Starmeadows

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-
I.. Thought I did that??
Sorry

EDIT: yeah i did actually lol

-Terrariadude555-

You never uncapitalised the D in my name on this topic

Starmeadows

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-You never uncapitalised the D in my name on this topic
Oh.
Fixed.

Prism

You still haven't put my Nature Affinity in post #3
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

objecty

Sounds fun, are there any spots left ?
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Starmeadows

...Should I reform this into a normal cyoa w/o any files this was a mistake lol