News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flowermanvista

In theory, yes, but in practice, this will only happen if he no longer has any free time that he can use to maintain the site. It's probably going to be a loong time before that happens, if at all.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

the2000

man it's amazing skyline doesn't just ditch paying for the site altogether
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: seanbobeWould it be possible for skyline to give the ability to change the current site to somebody else?
It's unlikely to happen, as has been pointed out by others, but I would be willing to take ownership if necessary.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

Prism

I recommend securing the site:
she/her | hyper-obsessed Pokémon fan | Necrozma and Zoroark my beloveds

join Fragmented Future to forget that fairy types are immune to dragon-type moves

realicraft

Quote from: CorrinTheDragonI recommend securing the site:
Manually switching to https (by putting https:// into the address bar before tbgforums.com) makes it more secure... ish.

But it does mess with the bar at the top of the screen.
it sure is 43.250.142.151       tbgforums.com time, i think
ewow status: 1a has released yet; voting has ended
videos | FS3 | FS3 Wiki | Ratings | Calendar | Universe Manager 2 | Sandbox
65536 progress: ~13.08% @ 97d (0y 3m 5d) [03/18/2024] {8572/65536}

:P:|:o

Flowermanvista

@realicraft: If a site runs on ordinary HTTP, just replacing HTTP in the address bar with HTTPS won't work - the site owner needs to set up encryption on their server, and then entering HTTPS will connect through a secure connection.

If you enter HTTPS on an unsecured site, the browser will whine when it doesn't find the security certificate that it expects to be there.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

the2000

Quote from: Flowermanvista@realicraft: If a site runs on ordinary HTTP, just replacing HTTP in the address bar with HTTPS won't work - the site owner needs to set up encryption on their server, and then entering HTTPS will connect through a secure connection.

If you enter HTTPS on an unsecured site, the browser will whine when it doesn't find the security certificate that it expects to be there.
there's an https version of the tbgs
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Flowermanvista

Quote from: the2000
Quote from: Flowermanvista@realicraft: If a site runs on ordinary HTTP, just replacing HTTP in the address bar with HTTPS won't work - the site owner needs to set up encryption on their server, and then entering HTTPS will connect through a secure connection.

there's an https version of the tbgs

Whoa what??? Did Skyline install a security certificate? Dank.

Images are still retrieved over normal HTTP. That needs fixin.
good morning, SMF!

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Chat ded
Dumb chat faking it.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

RapGodLyricsBot

[removed by moderator - inappropriate]

Seanbobe

Would it be possible to make a mobile version of the site?
My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

Flowermanvista

I've used the site on a mobile device (school iPad) and it works fairly well, so I don't think any modifications are needed.
good morning, SMF!

-Terrariadude555-

Yeah. All my posts are from my iPad.

(Why am I so hyped for Destiny 2 forsaken)

-Terrariadude555-

I'm going to be less active now. Might not be on for days, but I'll try to get on.

Flowermanvista

good morning, SMF!

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: seanbobeWould it be possible to make a mobile version of the site?
I'm actually working on a mobile FluxBB theme. I'm not sure if it can be implemented here because I think only Skyline can add themes. but stay tuned.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

redgreenandblue

Quote from: DownsGameClubClosed as requested.
By the way, I think you're able to close your own topics.
is this true?
if it isn't then it should be true.
🌱

Blunderbus

Quote from: redgreenandblue
is this true?
Nope, don't think that's true
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Tymewalk

Quote from: DaEpikDude
Quote from: redgreenandblue
is this true?
Nope, don't think that's true
Nope, users can't close their own topics.
Quote from: Heathcliffe
Quote from: seanbobeWould it be possible to make a mobile version of the site?
I'm actually working on a mobile FluxBB theme. I'm not sure if it can be implemented here because I think only Skyline can add themes. but stay tuned.
Ooh, nice!
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

DownsGameClub

I'm in the 10th grade.  Does anyone else find this to be true?

redgreenandblue

Quote from: DownsGameClubI'm in the 10th grade.  Does anyone else find this to be true?
We're the same age but +1 for office meme
🌱

GalaxySugarFox

Suggestion: PM'ing! This would be good for when you only want to talk to one person, and that whole thing about people saying bad things through private messages could be solved by having the mods able to read everyone's messages.  Opinions?

Blunderbus

Quote from: DownsGameClubI'm in the 10th grade.  Does anyone else find this to be true?
I believe I find this to be true on the TBG forums
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Dino

Quote from: GalaxySugarFoxSuggestion: PM'ing! This would be good for when you only want to talk to one person, and that whole thing about people saying bad things through private messages could be solved by having the mods able to read everyone's messages.  Opinions?
Adding PMs to the TBGs have been a hot topic for years, but it was never actually added because:

a. A lot of people disagreed on how it should be managed.
b. There were no suitable plugins.

I think one of the main reasons why it wasn't added was that, even if the moderators could read the PMs, it would have to be moderated through either random checks or reading every PM, both of which are quite unpleasant options.

If random checks were used, some users who are, say, fine with swearing could just swear in their PMs, and since it wouldn't be reported, it would go unnoticed for long periods of time. And yes, I think that swearing in PMs is not okay on this website, even when both users are fine with it, since it goes against the 'appropriate for all ages' rule.

On the other hand, if every PM was read, that would just be an Orwellian dystopia where everything sent via PM is read by the moderators and admins. In other words, it wouldn't really be private.

Of course, reporting would be used, but as I mentioned in the first example, if both users don't report it, it would just go unnoticed.