News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Shards of Power

Started by Dark, Feb 28, 2017, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiberianPrince

"As good as I'll ever be. Just get this over with as fast as possible, I'll handle their attack."
Toggle the eye once again, and use quenching/hold out the spear defensively dependent on the drykls' action.

Dark

Path of Salt

Jake: 10 + 3

Jake swings at another drykl, but it hovers out of reach.

Bodhi: 4 + 6

The drykls' throats glow with fire, and Bodhi prepares himself.

Drykl 1: 17 + 3 - 1
Drykl 2: 4 + 3 - 1

One of drykls sputters, and only black smoke pours from its open maw. The other spews a jet of fire, washing over Jake and Bodhi despite the latter's attempt to extinguish it. Bodhi is, of course, unharmed, but Jake suffers nasty burns across his forearm and abdomen.

The drykls hover out of melee range, preparing to spit fire again.

------

Statuses

---

Jake[Ch-L]: Chest injured(-1 AC), arm severely injured(-2 attack)

{Mad, Void Debt}

AC: 16
Attack Modifier: +3 with sword
Will Modifier: +4
Agility Modifier: -2

Orichalcum Sword: +3 attack (Weapon)
Orichalcum Plate: +16 AC, -2 agility (Armour)
Golden Medallion: +4 will (Major talisman)

---
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Fishmael

"Sorry about that, guys." Phet says, again attempting to Rend a tunnel into the wall.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Dino

Adium quickly swims towards the chest, checking the contents.

Dark

Adium pushes open the damaged lid of the chest.

Inside rests a single object: A thick bracer that seems to be a tiny machine, hundreds of small gears interlocking in multiple layers, dials and tiny pipes scattered across the surface. All made of bronze, or some similar-coloured metal. One dial, larger than the others, is placed directly in the center of the bracelet.

Tymewalk

Damian grabs the bracer and puts it on.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dark

Damian picks up the bracer and takes off his orichalcum vambrace, which he stows in the satchel. He places the bracer onto his bare forearm, and bronze strips automatically extend to strap the machine to his skin. Gears whir for a moment, and then quiet down. The machine is inert.

Damian and Adium are fast running out of air.

Tymewalk

Damian begins swimming through the tunnel. He turns the bracer to the circle, and presses the button.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Adium follows Damian.

-Terrariadude555-

Drink sufficient amount of healing potion and slice any nearby drykl (crossbow REALLY would have been useful)
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Faressain

Halt goes forward like a silent shadow, warily looking for any other traps on the hallways, as well as possible treasure. Although he notes the scent, to save it for later, like when he'd need a desperate burst of power or healing.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Dark

Path of Stone

Phet: 10 + 8

Phet tries again, and this time the dent opens into a tunnel. It ends about halfway down the length of the room, and Phet is curiously unable to continue farther. The stone here seems to possess a will of its own, however weak. Connected to the golems, perhaps?

Path of Salt

Jake drinks as much healing potion as he requires to fully cure his wounds. Unfortunately, this means all of it. He readies his sword, but the drykls seem more than happy to hover out of reach and prepare another gout of flame.

Bodhi: 20

Bodhi, however, is having none of it. He crouches down and then leaps straight upwards, flipping over backwards and landing with his legs straddling the drykl's back. Before the beast has a chance to react, he stabs it in the eye and then kicks off, leaving the reptile's corpse to plummet as he slays the other with a flying thrust.

Two drykls drops dead to the ground, and Bodhi lands lightly between them.

Path of Iron

Halt takes the lead this time, Pricey following close behind. Though he tries to keep the scent of blood in mind, it quickly fades and leaves him feeling dreadfully thirsty.

The next room is large, the ground covered in what could be either dirt or crushed iron dust. The tunnel continues on the far end.

Path of Crystal

Damian: 18 + 2

Damian turns the largest dial from the square to the circle and presses the button.

The gears whir to life, and he feels a tugging sensation on his mind as the device uses his innate magic to fuel its mechanisms.

A faint, rippling sphere forms around Damian and Adium, perhaps ten feet in diameter. Within the sphere, things appear normal. Outside of it, the current - and, indeed, everything else - seems to move slower.

Damian and Adium swim towards the tunnel, and the sphere does not move. As they pass through it, they feel the odd sensation of their upper bodies moving in slow-motion compared to their legs.

The sphere vanishes as the bracer leaves it, and the pair move into the tunnel.

The tunnel is long and its end cannot be seen, but a short distance into it they come across an air pocket trapped against the roof. Desperate for air, they surface in the air pocket. It's dark and freezing cold, but at least they have oxygen. For the moment.

-Terrariadude555-

"Thanks dude" Jake says to Bohdi. "I really wish I actually had the crossbow. It was really good"

Also continue with bohdi
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Pricey12345

"There must be something off around here and just be careful" Pricey is looking around the room, searching for traps while he quickly looks behind just in case
In a small town where the massive volcano is... https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=3664

An adventure game where we fight stuff...
https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=5512

I'm also Pricey12345#5037 on Discord

LiberianPrince

"Yeah, yeah. Just keep moving forward."
Bodhi continues into the tunnel.

Dino

Adium takes a deep breath of air, then continues through the tunnel.

Starmeadows

Sylna, if possible, gets the hecc out of cryostasis.

Tymewalk

Damian pauses for a short moment to properly exhale, then takes a deep breath in. He then follows Adium further into the tunnel.

Dark

Path of Iron

Pricey: 12

Pricey checks the room ahead and the hall behind. There is nothing behind them, and the room looks innocent enough. The only possible danger he notes is that some of the rocks on the roof appear to be loose. Apart from that, the cave looks safe.

Path of Crystal

Adium and Damian take deep breaths and dive once more, heading deeper into the tunnel. The pair make it no more than ten feet from the air pocket before a rumbling sound behind them causes them to turn.

An orange plate of chitin pulls itself free from the submerged sediment, followed by stalk eyes and six pairs of giant pincers. The crab, large enough to fit a man between its mandibles, points its beady pupils towards the Magi.

Path of Salt

Bodhi and Jake continue.

The next room is blisteringly hot, the temperature unbearable within Jake's armour. A pool of viscous, glowing orange liquid occupies the center of the room, with a wide ring of floor around it. The tunnel continues onwards on the far side.
???

Katherine comes to, hanging upside down from her ankles. A piercing headache caused by the blood pooling in her skull distracts her from the complete and utter darkness surrounding her.

Somewhere below her, a fluttering sound like thousands of tiny wings arises. It grows louder upon her awakening.

---

Sylna wakes up, surrounded by darkness and with a terrible pain in her head. She is hanging upside down. Her feet, high above her, feel as if encased in stone.

A rustling sound nearby, as if someone else were caught in a similar plight.

The fluttering noise below Sylna and Katherine intensifies as the former wakes.

Faressain

Halt thinks to avoid any tripwires and suspicious ground while avoiding the loose rocks. Then he decided to initiate the plan, motioning Pricey to go and shield them in case surprise rock would hit them or if there's no way to avoid the rocks.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Starmeadows

So okay, what does Sylna have on her??

-Terrariadude555-

Use water and expand into massive sheet to see if the liquid is lava

LiberianPrince

Bodhi dives into the liquid and checks out what's underneath.

Dino

Adium continuously leeches the water in between the duo and the crab, making a thick wall of bronze that only gets thicker.

Fishmael

Phet decides that since no one else in her group is doing much about the whole Magical Rock People thing at the moment, she might as well just do some scheming to avoid fighting them altogether. She goes back out of the tunnel she had Rended and begins Rending a deep pit into the floor at the entrance of the Rock People room, ready to run back into her tunnel should the big rock bois notice her, hoping that if Jack covers the top of the pit with plant stuff or something they'd be dumb enough to fall in.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i