News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Linguistic Viscera [CYOA]

Started by Fishmael, Apr 08, 2018, 12:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Stab stab stab! Head head head!

Tip: 16 +5(Attack) =21

As the Foolish Goblin clambers through the window, you pierce its skull with the Needle, effectively defeating it. That one was a bit too close for comfort, especially since the two other people in the car with you are either defenseless or not using any useful weapons they have on them at the moment for apparently no reason.

Naive Gremlin: 20

While you're distracted by your defeat of the Foolish Goblin, the Naive Gremlin leaps out of the glove box, catching you by surprise and dealing a critical 8 (1d4*2) damage, gnawing on your arm with needle sharp teeth. It's a tad painful, to say the least.

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:
a. Defeat the goblins/gremlins.
b. Probably get out of the police car?

"Tell the Big Guy it's off."
-The Typewriter (Unreleased)
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Tymewalk

Try to get the Naive Gremlin off. Stabbing it is probably going to make it clamp down harder.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Fishmael

Quote from: TymewalkTry to get the Naive Gremlin off. Stabbing it is probably going to make it clamp down harder.

Tip: 3

You try to shake it off your arm but this thing has a good grip.

Naive Gremlin: 11

The Naive Gremlin is unable to deal any subsequent damage to you, though, as the best it can do at this point is clamp down a bit harder. It's not even exactly sure it could let go of you even if it wanted to, but it hadn't had time to think of that before biting your arm in the first place.

Easy-going Goblin: 19

The Easy-going Goblin casually slides through the hole in the windshield and starts looking through the stuff in the Officer's glove box. The Officer looks a bit annoyed at this, and points his gun at the Goblin.

"Hey, uh. That's my stuff." He says as the Easy-going Goblin continues to ignore him.

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:

"You don't have to believe in something for it to already exist."
-Nessa, Jacobi Anderline Destroys Everything
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Get the naive gremlin off by pulling off the upper jaw
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Ryasis

Yell at the police officer to shoot the Goblin.
Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Fishmael

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Get the naive gremlin off by pulling off the upper jaw

Tip: 11

You are able to pry the Gremlin off. However, pulling it off ends up dealing another 1 (1d1) damage to you in the process, which is more of just removing it from your arm rather than pulling its jaw from the rest of its head, so the Gremlin itself is still kicking, literally in this case.

Naive Gremlin: 4

However, it can do little more than kick.

Quote from: RyasisYell at the police officer to shoot the Goblin.

"Okay, I'll be the first to admit it." The Officer says, still pointing his gun at the Easy-going Goblin. "The gun is just a prop, really. Normally it's enough to scare people off but I don't think these things care much about being shot."

Meanwhile, the Easy-going Goblin continues to look through the stuff in the police car's glove box. Mostly just some papers and a pager.

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:

"He raged at the world, at his family, at his life. But mostly he just raged."
-Raging Goblin, Magic the Gathering
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Fishmael

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Kill naive gremlin

Tip: 18 +5 =23

You effectively eviscerate the Naive Gremlin, the Needle separating its top half from its bottom half. "My only regret is not being able to say goodbye to my wife and kids..." The Naive Gremlin says. "And not having a wife or kids..."

Easy-going Goblin: 15

Not concerned with all of your combat shenanigans, the Easy-going Goblin opts to simply take the Officer's pager and leave through the hole in the windshield, quickly moving out of sight and leaving you, the Officer, and the Detective alone in the car, all very confused.

"So..." Says the Detective. "What exactly were those things doing here?"

How do you respond?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:
a.1. Help out the police
or
a.2. Get out of that car

"The needle tears a hole, the old familiar sting."
-Hurt, Nine Inch Nails
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

"I think they were to kill, then to steal. I swear that one day we all will know the answer. I'm willing to tell you more. I had incidents with Goblins before even the egg crashed. In fact, these ones were somehow similar to those we fought now. Another fact, I'd recommend you to get a real weapons, the town is not safe, and you saw why.

Now, I need to research more... and possibly to bring back the justice against goblins on the street?
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

-Terrariadude555-

"They attacked me last night. They were everywhere,climbing in through the windows and attacking me from all sides."

Fishmael

Quote from: Thartler"I think they were to kill, then to steal. I swear that one day we all will know the answer. I'm willing to tell you more. I had incidents with Goblins before even the egg crashed. In fact, these ones were somehow similar to those we fought now. Another fact, I'd recommend you to get a real weapons, the town is not safe, and you saw why.
Quote from: -Terrariadude555-"They attacked me last night. They were everywhere,climbing in through the windows and attacking me from all sides."

You explain to the Officer and Detective. It becomes apparent at this point that Goblins are apparently not a regular occurrence in this town. But then, you wouldn't know that since you can't remember anything before you woke up. Heck, you don't even really know what town you're in right now. Still, you say what you know of what happened with the Goblins earlier today and the Detective writes most of what you're saying down.

Quote from: ThartlerNow, I need to research more... and possibly to bring back the justice against goblins on the street?

Yes, that would be a good idea, but how exactly would you go about doing that? I guess those two points would serve as good objectives, though.

When he finishes his writing, the Detective speaks. "Right, well, this is all very confusing, and I think I have a loose plan of what we can do about it, but before we can do any of that, we should probably head back to the station before any more of those goblins or gremlins attack us again."

The Officer nods, turning the key and stepping on the gas.

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:
a. Research more
b. Bring back the justice against goblins on the street?

"Having more than one system alive in the world is useful to remind us that they are artificial- that the world is man-made."
-The Dangerous Book for Boys by Hal and Gonn Iggulden
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain

While the policemen are driving, I try to note whatever important is about goblins and gremlins.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Blunderbus

Climb back into the back seat like a good upstanding citizen
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Fishmael

Quote from: ThartlerWhile the policemen are driving, I try to note whatever important is about goblins and gremlins.

Well, every Goblin and Gremlin is important in their own way. Maybe they have goals in life, maybe friends. But really, trying to humanize them in this sense will only make later actions more difficult, as I'm sure you can imagine why. If that's not what you meant by noting whatever is important about them, I can't really help you with that. I'm sure if they were more important that they immediately appear, you, as Tip, wouldn't know about that, so really it'd be a lot of noting of not a lot to note.

Quote from: DaEpikDudeClimb back into the back seat like a good upstanding citizen

As a responsible passenger, you clamber back over the front seats and into the back, where you're supposed to be. You even buckle your seat belt.

The police car pulls up to a small police station and parks. "Right." Says the Officer, getting out of the car and heading towards the building's front enterance. "Follow me."

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:
a. Research more

"Player One Press Nifty."
-Petscop
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Be a good citizen and follow the police officer.

Fishmael

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-Be a good citizen and follow the police officer.

You follow the Police Officer into the station and then into his office, followed closely by the Detective. The Officer opens the door to the holding cell and motions for you to go in. "You may have saved us out there but you're still a suspect." The Officer says. "This is just standard practice."

What do you do?

Inventory:
1. The Needle <weapon>

Objective List:
a. Research more

"The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight."
-Theodore Roosevelt
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

"What should we do about the goblins? They could cause big destruction,"

Blunderbus

Sit there patiently, still like a good upstanding citizen

Fishmael

Quote from: -Terrariadude555-"What should we do about the goblins? They could cause big destruction,"

"I'm working on that." Says the Detective. He turns to the Officer. "Officer, do you happen to keep a spare pager on you?"

"In my desk." The Officer replies.

Quote from: DaEpikDudeSit there patiently, still like a good upstanding citizen

You sit in the cell and wait. The Officer closes the cell door and locks it behind you as the Detective looks through one of the desk's drawers, pulling out a small pager identical to the one the Easy-going Goblin stole from the police car.

"Right, so here's the plan." He says.

And so we continue.

An interlude, written by Juvel.

How I miss those December nights. You know the one. That December night. You... You do know which one I'm referring to, right? Yes, that one. It seems to be all I talk about nowadays, though we are so far from December currently. And why shouldn't I? A very eventful day, that one was. I almost lost a good friend. But we always seem to forget how much presence our past has in the present, don't we? I guess that's as good a segue as any into our next section, isn't it?

Yes, it appears both of our characters will be dealing with their pasts in some form or another in this next section, and your job is to lead them through it. Well, your job is to lead them through everything, really. Through goblins and vultures and the simple process of making a cup of coffee. That's why you're here, right? Oh, of course it is.

Tip needs to follow the past.

Koda needs to think about the past.

Who do you follow? (Majority of the first three responses is the chosen option.)

[a.] Koda
[b.] Tip
ouns are they/she, pleas

Blunderbus

A
(let's just keep switching between the two, shall we?)

-Terrariadude555-

B

(Police interrogations are interesting.

Faressain

Ryasis

Hi. I'm A. Nube. What's your name?

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDudeA
(let's just keep switching between the two, shall we?)
Quote from: -Terrariadude555-B

(Police interrogations are interesting.
Quote from: ThartlerA
Quote from: RyasisA
(As a majority has been decided, the chosen option is [a.].)

Koda

As the cobblestone roads of the town stretch forward farther than you thought it could and the path behind you seems to lead more and more towards nowhere the longer you walk, you're starting to wish you were never kicked out of the New Town in the first place. Your only domicile now is the Windmill, looming over the buildings of the Old Town, and at this point you're beginning to suspect that the Vulture's path leads nowhere near it. Not much you can do to change that now, though.

You come to a place where the road makes a sharp right turn, not forking or anything, but from further along the path, you hear a foreboding noise from a source you can not see beyond the turn. The sound is like that of large claws, repeatedly scraping on metal. It is not a pleasant sound, to say the least.

What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Faressain