News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Life on the Interesting and Fantastic Elonar (an OS RP)

Started by Starmeadows, Jun 14, 2018, 04:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmeadows

Elonar.
Elonar is a mystical 24-island archipelago, the central island much bigger than the rest combined.  It is inhabited by life of all kinds, some taking to the skies, some to the Great Divisive River, but most live on and off the land they're around.  Rain and shine are both common year-round, the fields seem to go on forever, and there are actually several aspects that stray very far from realism, but most animals have shrugged the notion off.
Those who haven't are usually travelers, searching far and wide for things like enchanted artifacts or materials.  They risk their lives for various reasons- maybe it's as simple as gaining money or power, maybe they want to save themselves or a loved one, maybe they just want to help with society in general.
The Great Divide is the primary source of water, as the bay around it is usually clean as well.  It flows north to south and, the further north you go, the harsher the laws get, for the aforementioned reason.  But currently it is being threatened.

There has been quite a bit of activity on and near the Bay of Spring.  While this is normally completely fine due to an enchanted filter placed multiple generations ago, the water less than a kilometer after it is being used to power a village to its west using a water wheel that has been sabotaged by a mysterious Varnial, whose only known traits are a pair of glowing, orange eyes and a missing hind leg.  When the news got around you(r PC) decided to answer the call, in whatever way is fit for them...

Current Arc
(see above)

Table of Contents
Rules
World
Artifacts and other magical things
Bestiary (and species form)
Characters and form

Starmeadows

RULES
1- Standard TBG rules apply sigh
2- I have the complete right to reject a character or species for the roleplay.
3- Godmodding, Metagaming, Mary Sues, etc. are prohibited as well.
4- I also have the right to add any rules or clarifications to the list.
5- Pretty much anything goes for the plot, that was just the starting scenario.
6- Have fun!!

Species guidelines
- Animals in this world can stray as far from realism as you'd like, just don't make them gods or anything.
- They should not be (intentionally) offensive in any way.
- Drawing an example and posting it is highly recommended, but not required if you have no artistic skill whatever lol
- There will be no humanoids.  At all.

Starmeadows

World.

Bay of Spring- Located at the top of the Map, the Bay of spring is what begins the Great Divide.  It's completely fine to chill out in the water there, as there is an enchanted filter that just removes anything harmful.
The Great Divide- the river that basically separates the island.  There are a few bridges over it, but because of the fact that the great divide is the Elonarian Mainland's primary water source everyone has to be careful around it.
The Lake of Silence- a lake named after its structure based on a blank speech bubble.  The middle island seems to have something special on it, but only Avians have regular access to it.
Malenia- The little misty part on the east.  The sky is pink, the grass is a darker shade of pink, there are no visible stars in the sky, and there are frickin dragons.  Fortunately, they're somewhat easy to kill and keep to themselves, but could surely conquer the rest of Elonar if they wanted to.  At least there's a lotta magic?

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

Bestiary

Heres a species form
[u][b](Name)[/b][/u]
[img]Ref[/img]
[b]Taxonomic Ranks:[/b] (Optional, lol)
[b]Lifespan:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Blood Color:[/b]
[b]Reproductive Method:[/b] (oviparous or viviparous?? If other, be brief and pls stay safe for work.)
[b]Habitat:[/b]
[b]Civilization:[/b]
(Description)
[b]Fun Facts:[/b]

---

Varinal (Smiley100P)
(I'll draw one sometime lol)
Taxonomic Ranks: Chordata Mammilia Carnivora Candidae Cryonas Varinal
Lifespan: 14-17 years.
Size: 2-3 feet in height, 4 in length.
Weight: 70-110 pounds
Blood Color: Red.
Reproductive Method: Viviparous.
Habitat: Forests, plains, snowy areas, and deserts.
Civilization: It varies.
The Varnial is not far from an earth fox, but at the same time has its things going on- Its pelt is always a combination of white and brown, and its paws a realistic pink.  Its legs are rather long to accommodate for all the walking it does, and are usually surprisingly sturdy.  The Varnial is also an omnivore, and usually prefers berries over prey, but will take prey when it has to.  Its defining trait is its ability to breathe pure frost from a special gland around its lungs, but it's usually harmless unless it's coupled with an earsplitting scream, in which case the frost is activated and may form crystals large enough to trap a Malenian Dragon's claws or freeze another Varnial to death.

Balgoon (CrazeePi)
I suck at drawing.
Taxonomic Ranks: Nah.
Lifespan: 5 years.
Size: About 1 cubic foot when uninflated. Expand to around a cubic yard when inflated.
Weight: Rather light.
Blood Color: White naturally, but can change.
Reproductive Method: I don't know what either of those are and I don't feel like looking up reproductive methods so whichever one only involves one organism.
Habitat: Forests, caves, sometimes mountains.
Civilization: Their civilizations consist of scattered groups of around 50 balgoon who generally do not travel out of what they consider their territory, unless food is scarce. Balgoon hunt in packs of at least 10, allowing them to easily surround and ambush their prey. It should be noted though that Mountain Balgoon civilizations are usually smaller.
Fun Facts: Balgoon are carnivores, preying on creatures up to twice their size, though there is no limit to what creatures they are able to eat, and they usually do not waste any meat. Although Balgoon have eyes, they do not have mouths, and can instead open up holes in a thin outer shell to consume their prey. They do not have any bones, although they are known to recycle their prey's bones and whatever other junk they find by keeping them inside of them and using them as quills coated in their own blood, which is able to put prey that it pierces to sleep. Their blood also possesses the ability to, strangely enough, change color, allowing them to use camouflage. Due to having no limbs, it can be difficult to navigate the landscape. Luckily, they can quickly inflate, allowing them to start flying slowly or hop a short distance. Unless it's a Mountain Balgoon though, it's usually just used to prevent prey from escaping when it's surrounded.

Snowy Balgoon (CrazeePi)
I still suck at drawing.
Lifespan: 7 years.
Size: About 3 cubic foot when uninflated. Expand to around 2 cubic yards when inflated.
Weight: Lightish.
Blood Color: White naturally, but can change even though it doesn't matter.
Reproductive Method: I don't know what either of those are and I don't feel like looking up reproductive methods so whichever one only involves one organism.
Habitat: Snowy areas.
Civilization: Unlike their cousins, Snowy Balgoons are quite a bit more isolated, preferring to hunt alone instead of in groups. They're quite a bit more territorial too.
Fun Facts: Like their cousins, they possess the ability to inflate themselves, recycle objects as quills, and change their blood color. Unlike their cousins however, their outer layer is much thicker to stop the cold, making their camouflage ability worthless. In exchange, however, their blood can put prey to sleep much more easily, making them much more dependent on one good ambush then the combined efforts of other Balgoons. Their larger size increases their ability to hold objects and use them as quills, however this leads to them not being able to inflate or ascend as quickly as their non-snowy counterparts. They instead use their ability to inflate to intimidate anything they consider competition into leaving, and if they do not leave they may attack.

Starmeadows

Characters

(None yet)

Name | Age | Gender
Species:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Personality:
Other:

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

Starmeadows

Joyous Theta

Balgoon
I suck at drawing.
Lifespan: 5 years.
Size: About 1 cubic foot when uninflated. Expand to around a cubic yard when inflated.
Weight: Rather light.
Blood Color: White naturally, but can change.
Habitat: Forests, caves, sometimes mountains.
Civilization: Their civilizations consist of scattered groups of around 50 balgoon who generally do not travel out of what they consider their territory, unless food is scarce. Balgoon hunt in packs of at least 10, allowing them to easily surround and ambush their prey. It should be noted though that Mountain Balgoon civilizations are usually smaller.
Fun Facts: Balgoon are carnivores, preying on creatures up to twice their size, though there is no limit to what creatures they are able to eat, and they usually do not waste any meat. Although Balgoon have eyes, they do not have mouths, and can instead open up holes in a thin outer shell to consume their prey. They do not have any bones, although they are known to recycle their prey's bones and whatever other junk they find by keeping them inside of them and using them as quills coated in their own blood, which is able to put prey that it pierces to sleep. Their blood also possesses the ability to, strangely enough, change color, allowing them to use camouflage. Due to having no limbs, it can be difficult to navigate the landscape. Luckily, they can quickly inflate, allowing them to start flying slowly or hop a short distance. Unless it's a Mountain Balgoon though, it's usually just used to prevent prey from escaping when it's surrounded.

Snowy Balgoon
I still suck at drawing.
Lifespan: 7 years.
Size: About 3 cubic foot when uninflated. Expand to around 2 cubic yards when inflated.
Weight: Lightish.
Blood Color: White naturally, but can change even though it doesn't matter.
Habitat: Snowy areas.
Civilization: Unlike their cousins, Snowy Balgoons are quite a bit more isolated, preferring to hunt alone instead of in groups. They're quite a bit more territorial too.
Fun Facts: Like their cousins, they possess the ability to inflate themselves, recycle objects as quills, and change their blood color. Unlike their cousins however, their outer layer is much thicker to stop the cold, making their camouflage ability worthless. In exchange, however, their blood can put prey to sleep much more easily, making them much more dependent on one good ambush then the combined efforts of other Balgoons. Their larger size increases their ability to hold objects and use them as quills, however this leads to them not being able to inflate or ascend as quickly as their non-snowy counterparts. They instead use their ability to inflate to intimidate anything they consider competition into leaving, and if they do not leave they may attack.

I had fun writing this, maybe I'll make a character later.

Starmeadows

Quote from: CrazeePi-massive snip-
This is very interesting!! Accepted.
(Also basically Oviparous creatures lay eggs and Viviparous give live birth, I just felt like using a nice bit of terminology lol)

the2000

Looks cool, but the species signups are so detailed, and it's controlling species, not specific characters. I guess people like Apple don't have a place in this realm. Oh well, still seems like a cool idea.
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Starmeadows

Quote from: the2000Looks cool, but the species signups are so detailed, and it's controlling species, not specific characters. I guess people like Apple don't have a place in this realm. Oh well, still seems like a cool idea.
Actually there are individual characters haha
Even though, no, Cats aren't allowed ;p