News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Speedrun the game!

Started by Tymewalk, Jun 03, 2018, 06:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

In this game, we'll be writing a speedrun for a game!

The rules are simple, but I'll overexplain them with some examples.

Rules

1. Keep continuity.
If everyone is talking about a level with lava and jumping, don't suddenly switch to an icy level without jumping.
2. Keep actions short.
Quote from: Good actionClimb up the ladder, then turn left, and grab the weapon in the chest.
Quote from: Bad actionClimb up the ladder, then turn left, grab the weapon in the chest, open the door, then slide down the pole to get a timeskip. Jump into the river, and swim towards the middle. In the middle, clip into the chest, then use this to gain speed to teleport to the end of the level.
Quote from: Good actionClimb up the ladder, then turn left, and grab the weapon in the chest. We do this because the sword here is somewhat glitched, and it allows you to do some clipping later on that'll save quite a lot of time.
The first action is fine, as it has a few closely related activities, but still leaves a lot of room open. The second is not, as it clearly goes through what should be several posts. The third one is fine, as while it is long, it doesn't do lots of activities like the second, and instead explains the few activities it does do.
3. Don't end the game.
You can end a level, but the game shouldn't be completed, so other people can keep playing.
(If there's a problem, I'll add an extra rule. Just use common sense and don't go looking for loopholes or anything.)

You don't have to include the previous steps in your post - just your new step.

Ready? Let's begin!

First, click on the file select, select the first file, and press A.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

First, click on the file select, select the first file, and press A, type A then press start and open the file.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Starmeadows

First, click on the file select, select the first file, and press A, type A then press start and open the file.  You will then be met with an opening cutscene.  There is no way to skip this, but other cutscenes will.

Blunderbus

First, click on the file select, and select the second file. For some reason, the game lets you skip the intro if you use the second file. Press A, type A and press start to open the file, then skip the opening cutscene with start.
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Alex The JPEG

First, click on the file select, and select the second file. For some reason, the game lets you skip the intro if you use the second file. Press A, type A and press start to open the file, then skip the opening cutscene with start. You will then find yourself near a castle. It's pretty far away, and there's tutorial dialogue blocking your way. Mash A to quickly get rid of the dialogue.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Blunderbus

First, click on the file select, and select the second file. For some reason, the game lets you skip the intro if you use the second file. Press A, type A and press start to open the file, then skip the opening cutscene with start. You will then find yourself near a castle. It's pretty far away, and there's tutorial dialogue blocking your way. Mash A to quickly get rid of the dialogue. Once you're at the castle, there's a sequence break you can do where you can abuse the double jump to get into the upper section of the castle, which is the third major dungeon of the game.

Blunderbus

Alex The JPEG

First, click on the file select, and select the second file. For some reason, the game lets you skip the intro if you use the second file. Press A, type A and press start to open the file, then skip the opening cutscene with start. You will then find yourself near a castle. It's pretty far away, and there's tutorial dialogue blocking your way. Mash A to quickly get rid of the dialogue. Once you're at the castle, there's a sequence break you can do where you can abuse the double jump to get into the upper section of the castle, which is the third major dungeon of the game. Once you arrive at this dungeon, you can skip a major portion of it by Cappy roll-jumping over to the highest platform, which you normally have to access by ten minutes of parkour.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Tymewalk

(FYI, you don't have to include the old steps in your post. Just your new, current step.)

To finish the dungeon, use a Cappy Triple Jump to bounce up the wall, and clip through the ceiling.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

manosysltia

by clipping through the ceiling you are able to proceed with the game, but the cutscene audio is still playing, so the next level has not been fully loaded yet. you can use this to your advantage by simply running across
pickles are just cucumbers and my life is a lie

Tymewalk

While running across, you can actually glitch out the loading zone. In doing so, you can completely skip the next level. You miss a few coins and a slight upgrade to your armor, but don't worry, we'll get those through some glitches in a minute.

Xenon

Glitch across the walls, then pop back up on the other side. Run across the path until you reach the boss.
Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

Blunderbus

The boss has a pretty tricky quick kill you can do, you need to get in the right position and keep spamming attack. If you're lined up right, the hitboxes for their attacks should miss you.

CoolTBGGaming

When the boss dies, you can mess up your hitbox by interacting with it as it dies. The cutscene can be skipped by using a near angle-perfect clip into the wall with your new hitbox. You may recall that the boss drops an item in the cutscene, however you have the item into the next level since the game expected you to collect it before moving on.
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

Blunderbus

The item itself is supposed to lay a mine, but it actually lets you stand on it and get a slight boost in height, which is very useful for a few skips later on.

Blunderbus

Xenon

Then go back, and glitch across the place we visited earlier, skipping the load zone in the process.
Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

Blunderbus

We can get the armour upgrade we skipped earlier much more easily with the mine, as it gives us just enough height to make a jump we couldn't previously.

CoolTBGGaming

(nvm lol)
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

Tymewalk

(Yeah, skipping four bosses in one post is too big. Skipping one would be fine though as long as there's enough setup between other players involved.)

(This post has no gameplay value, blah blah blah, continue from here:)
Quote from: DaEpikDudeWe can get the armour upgrade we skipped earlier much more easily with the mine, as it gives us just enough height to make a jump we couldn't previously.

PkmnQ

The armor upgrade itself isn't useful, but having it helps set up a later glitch. For now, if you're still glitched just glitch across again, otherwise use the level select, which is slightly slower due to loading times.
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain