News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Aftermath - Broken World

Started by Faressain, May 29, 2018, 04:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

For so long we, TBGers, were blind to the incoming sign of total catastrophe. Dreams with our characters, strange feelings, hell, even suspiciously being peaceful! We exploited the powers of our creativity, without us knowing it may mark our limit. We created and killed characters, sometimes abandoned them, and we didn't know they would try to kill us. We created and destroyed or abandoned ENTIRE universes. Yet we, humans, from the different countries, even cities, playing the forums, didn't notice the dangers coming from this.

One day, our world was engulfed in chaos. Chaos that was so strong, that most of the world went into dark era. We, who were faulty of the situation, will swear an oath to bring the world into peace again! We might have to fight, but the more we fight, the harder it'll become. How would we fight? Conventionally, by guns and swords? Unconventionally, by weapons which weren't used before, bites and nails? Or... there could be another way we could fight. We don't know as for now, but long way to learn doesn't mean it's eternal.

The laws of reality we came in:

1. We really can't be better than what we really are. Well, we can, but either due to training, or some unknown sources, but not the thing, we as young men called godmodding, metaplaying and... uhh, powerplaying, or being a mary sue.
2. Relations are encouraged, but we need to bear the notice that all characters will be happy to get our head, and it would be strange to just be friend of enemy. Well, unless you're a spy or double-agent.
3. True to the laws of galaxy, swearing isn't what is encouraged, and so, any drastic part that should've turn our spirits away for them to say: "Bleh."
4. We are Resistance, and as such, we need to cooperate with everyone.
5. Our world is heavily altered after the war. Most of our buildings were destroyed, there's power outages there and here, and thank god every one of us are in the same location.
6. Unless enemy uses any special gimmick, we combat in the style, that some say stat-based.

And the mechanics:

Overworld actions base either on d20 or on probability.
Combat actions are mostly stat-based, with grid mobility and d20 or probability on some actions.
Distribution: Who is faster (this may not be in order), will take an item first, but only one. That's until last member takes one. If there's one extra, the level will be tiebreaker, if there's more than one item advantage in his inventory, he's not qualified to take it. If someone has no items, he is permitted to take one outside of order. (I use a dice to distribute it, so it may or may not be fair. Might also be inspired by Bad at/Good at.)
Creativity caps are flexible - if you are low on Creativity (CTV), you still can use creative attacks, but they might fail. If they don't, they only use rest of your CTV.
You probably need to extract any food from dead animals, maybe even humans and in next priority: spoiled beings, when situation is critical.
Inventory space is 5 for when you have no backpack, but you can carry up to 60% more, with stacking penalty of -1 overworld MOV every 10% beyond limit. Backpacks or bags increase the limit in some way or other... or rather would have, if not the fact we have no backpack nor bag...

Sign-up:

TBGer name:
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy):
Personatity (see above):
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war:
Good at:
Bad at:
Motive:
Other:
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

Resistance members:

Thartler, who apparently has tattered joggins, a scar on right arm, a missing thumb on left, tattered blue shirt, with a lot of scars on body and legs, shattered glasses, black hair, and generally being high guy with green eyes, he's tired with war, but can only consider the violence as the only way out the frying pan, but into fire. He actually is trying to find more alternatives to the violence. He's harsh and unforgiving, all thanks to the scenes he had.

The war wasn't so nice to him - he first got hurt on right arm, by a whip of something, he can't recall. Following the defeats of European Front, he opted in to evacuate from Poland into United States, to notice America was also getting beaten up soildly by the characters. Thartler lost his left thumb from a sword, and was clawed multiple times. Left for dead, he almost lost the hope, till he noticed he wasn't dead yet. Staggering, he managed to hide in underground, hoping for the day he can release his friends.

He's supposedly good at strategy, but it's not entirely true. He has actually good knowledge, but he's bad at mobility, and when coming to fight, he isn't really the strongest, either. He didn't train in war, and that's what happened. He mostly holds grudge for enemies for almost killing them (as in humanity), but really wants his world to be completely free.

Has Dragon Scale (Turning catchphrase: Skeleton), and Rusted Iron Shortsword.

DaEpikDude, who comes by name of Teddy Zeke:
TBGer name: Teddy Zeke
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): Pretty short, dark hair, green shirt + blue pants that are like half broken + ripped apart.
Personatity (see above): Doesn't push too hard for what he wants: tries to resolve things without fighting if he can. Kindhearted and intelligent, but not physically strong.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: Since he lived in a fairly remote location, he wasn't affected too heavily, but he was still chased out of his home and now is wandering around alone, without anywhere to go.
Good at: Resolving conflicts, fixing small objects to make them useful
Bad at: Fighting and physical things in general
Motive: Trying to help make peace so he can settle back down after his home was ruined.
Inventory: Has Water Stone, bone knife and Water Gun.

TBGer name: Terrariadude
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): dark brown hair (almost black), blue t-shirt (short sleeve), fair skin, blue eyes with hazel ring around pupil, black shorts, black, blue and orange shoes. He is quite tall, but not too tall to make his height ineffective in combat.
Personatity (see above): super smart and excellent at video games, but he is also very strong. Also kindhearted and can help anyone in need.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: at this time Terrariadude was quite experienced with fighting and planning assaults. He can also raid bases, often limiting enemy numbers in the process.
Good at: ranged weapons, raiding and running.
Bad at: large swords, large mobs and navigating hallways, especially if being chased.
Motive: helping others and keeping enemy groups away from the resistance.
Other: what other thing? (Note from author: Supposedly bad at melee and tunnel fights, but good at hit and run tactics.)
Inventory: Thunder Stone, Tungsten Ring, bone knife.

TBGer name: Tezuka Yaminozo
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): Imagine Kakyoin from JJBA Part 4 with purple hair.
Personatity (see above): Has no set personality, and may or may not change personalities qute easily. I mean, he is one of the living definition of chaotic neutral, so yeah. That's what you'll get from him.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: Previously a lurking TBGer, who was trained in the art of archery and Stand summoning. Well, that is if he gets stabbed by a Stand arrow.
Extremely good at: Bow usage, Stand usage, being insane, tanking magic damage when it comes
Good at: Knife usage, cooking, living on the smallest of lifelines in
Decent at: Gun usage, taking physical hits,
Bad at: Sword usage, tactics
Disgracefully terrible at: Axe usage, Lance usage, Magic usage
Motive: Just tagging along.
Other: He's gonna get a stand soon enough.
Inventory: Fire Stone, 9mm Glock, bone knife.

TBGer name: redgreenandblue
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): About 5'9 with blond hair. He wears a slightly bleached orange shirt and jean shorts.
Personality (see above): Slightly naive and gets angry pretty easily. He has a good memory though.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: He doesn't have much experience fighting and retreated when the time to fight came because of lack of experience with weapons.
Good at: Hand to hand combat and agility
Bad at: Bad with weapons
Motive: Wants the conflict to end
Inventory: Electric Ball (May paralyze foe, but reduces sure DEF points.), Silver Ring, Bone knife)

TBGer name: Timothy
Appearance: A rather generic looking person: grey shirt, blue pants. Wears a distinctive blue cap.
Personality: Somewhat timid, although very optimistic and cheerful.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: Raids were not really Timothy's thing. Infiltration and disguise, however, those were certainly his cup of tea. He became a thief, sneaking throughout enemy territory, and taking them down from within.
Good at: Blending in, small weapons, secrecy, and entering places quietly (lockpicking, for example).
Bad at: Direct confrontation, large weapons (greatswords in particular), axes and lances, and small talk.
Motive: There's gotta be a way to fix this. Cruelty's never been my thing, and I've treated people as such, but this warzone is no place to live.
Other: Somewhat mediocre at magic.
Inventory: Builder's hammer "Sthill", Iron Emblem

Party inventory (We have no bag of holding, so each item is in our hands or pockets):
7 raw flesh, 5 organs, heart, skin of a cat, skinning knife and 3 bottles (1 contains 1 litre of blood)

Stats (unless said otherwise):

HP stands for Hit points, aka how much damage can you take till you get knocked down.
CTV stands for creativity, and ability to think out of the box, to attack them truly from Knowledge. Knowledge attack use Creativity.
ATT stands on how powerful are you on arts of conventionally using weapons and fists.
DEF stands on how strong you'll stand against enemy attacks. This affects defence dice size and sure DEF.
KWD stands on how knowledgable are you and how would you abuse unconventional/creative attacks for your benefits. This also affects supportive abilities.
MRL stands on how strong you'll stand against willpower attacks. This affects willpower dice size and sure RES.
SPD is how is your priority calculated. Beginning speed also affects your MOV.
There are different EXP growth rates, and those who are powerful all-around are generally slower at advances and adaptation. Weaker ones will get a bonus to their growth.
Also, no stats can hit 0. Note that EXP is shared though group if they are together or they reconnect after beating enemy.

Party EXP: 78
Average to level up: 122 (135(99) for Teddy; 123(83) for Timothy, 180(162) for Tezuka, 210(202) for T.dude)
Thartler:
LV: 2
HP: 11/19
CTV (Creativity): 19/19
ATT: 12 (Dratinified is 16)
DEF: 12 (3 + d9) (Dratinified is 8)
KWD (Knowledge): 23
MRL (Morale): 16 (5 + d11)
SPD: 4 (1 MOV)
Other: Normal rate of EXP growth.
Status: Over carrying capability (-2 Overworld MOV, can't attack)

Teddy aka DaEpikDude:
HP: 1(8 needs to be recovered by other thing than food)/19
CTV (Creativity): 19/19
ATT: 13
DEF: 5 (1 + d4)
KWD (Knowledge): 19
MRL (Morale): 19 (6 + d13)
SPD: 8 (2 MOV)
Other: Rather fast growth of EXP rate. (Less EXP required to level up, due to not focusing on physically being strong.)

Terrariadude:
HP: 8(4 not recoverable by food)/19(5/9+3/10)
CTV: 16/16
ATT: 19
DEF: 12 (3 + d9)
KWD: 19
MRL: 12 (3 + d9)
SPD: 13 (2 MOV)
Other: Slow growth of EXP rate. (More EXP required to level up, due to stall in experience based in how much he already knows.)

Tezuka:
HP: 21/31
CTV: 8/8
ATT: 19
DEF: 16 (5 + d11)
KWD: 8
MRL: 19 (6 + d13)
SPD: 11 (2 MOV)
Other: Rather slow growth of EXP rate (Focus on physical stuff)

redgreenandblue:
HP: 14/19
CTV: 12/12
ATT: 12
DEF: 10 (1+d9) (normally: 12 (3+d9))
KWD: 19
MRL: 10 (1+d9) (normally: 12 (3+d9))
SPD: 17 (3 MOV)
Other: Normal rate of EXP growth.

Timothy:
HP: 13/13
CTV: 12/12
ATT: 23
DEF: 8 (2 + d6)
KWD: 12
MRL: 8 (2 +d6)
SPD: 17 (3 MOV)
Other: Fast rate of EXP growth, due to being weaker physically.

Legend:
Maroon - KO'd.
Blue - Reduction.
Gray - Unknown.
Orange - Increase.
Red (on status): Debuff.|On HP: Critical Health
Green (on status): Buff.|On HP: High Health
Yellow (on status): Other effect|On HP: Moderate Health

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Faressain

Encyclopedia:

Pokemon: The creatures, varies in diversity. MRL and KWD seems to be replaced with SP. DEF and SP. ATT. Often called fragile, they make up for it in growths after either party member is defeated or if one of them are knocked faint.
Skeleton (Skelefaces called by Thartler): Waaaay past their date of consumption, yet animated. Their speed and ability to gang up is a serious sign of strength that can't be underestimated.

They often were used as characters in RPs such as Baleful Pokemorph, Swappermorph and Chronicles of Pokemon.

Crucial Skills:

Skinning:
The one of many crucial skills, although, if I was to be skinned as dead Dratini... *chuckles* I wouldn't like it, even if I wasn't feeling it. Yeah, it's brutal, but we have to keep ourselves alive, somehow. Currently, we can skin out animals and Pokemon in 1 hour. The knives can be used to do it (Although not dedicated knifes take 3 times as much time, so it's useful to use 3 people to skin out one animal or one with Skinning Knife.

Crafting:
One of many useful skills to carry around, it is the recipe to the victory, but used wrong is at best a waste. That's why only the select few should do it.

Bone knife - Requires access to Bone.
Rib blade: Requires access to Ribs
Skull helmet - Requires access to Skull
Bone javelin: Requires access to Bone.

Cooking: Hey, if it's edible raw, it should be enjoyable cooked! That's what it does - makes food better.

Cooking time:

Unknown. Why won't you try to cook some meat and insides?

Faressain

Current chapter:

Chapter 0: Recruiting (well, that's technically a chapter too.)
(Ended)
Chapter 1: Underground and Unarmed

You may post now.

Faressain

One more note before we start - We'll be using grid-based map.

One for combat, one for exploration, and hopefully one for close-in locations.

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JhEX4MHssMVkHN6uHnrdXUjubahl5XRj2LrYJ1l6Nko/edit?usp=sharing for the map)

Blunderbus

TBGer name: Teddy Zeke
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): Pretty short, dark hair, green shirt + blue pants that are like half broken + ripped apart.
Personatity (see above): Doesn't push too hard for what he wants: tries to resolve things without fighting if he can. Kindhearted and intelligent, but not physically strong.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: Since he lived in a fairly remote location, he wasn't affected too heavily, but he was still chased out of his home and now is wandering around alone, without anywhere to go.
Good at: Resolving conflicts, fixing small objects to make them useful
Bad at: Fighting and physical things in general
Motive: Trying to help make peace so he can settle back down after his home was ruined
Other: idk

(tell me if i need more stuff)
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

Faressain

Accepted. We wait for some people (one to two), then we start.

-Terrariadude555-

TBGer name: Terrariadude
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): dark brown hair (almost black), blue t-shirt (short sleeve), fair skin, blue eyes with hazel ring around pupil, black shorts, black, blue and orange shoes. He is quite tall, but not too tall to make his height ineffective in combat.
Personatity (see above): super smart and excellent at video games, but he is also very strong. Also kindhearted and can help anyone in need.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: at this time Terrariadude was quite experienced with fighting and planning assaults. He can also raid bases, often limiting enemy numbers in the process.
Good at: ranged weapons, raiding and running.
Bad at: large swords, large mobs and navigating hallways, especially if being chased.
Motive: helping others and keeping enemy groups away from the resistance.
Other: what other thing?
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Faressain

Guess we'll have someone with very crippled speed like me, heh (nay, actually, Zeke-like one, but little better.

(I focus on good at/bad at when coming at balancing stats, so don't yell at me if I balance your growth to be slower (nay, I'm joking, revised it, and I had not to resort for slower lvl-up. But, you're glass cannon) ;) )

Accepted, anyway.

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: ThartlerGuess we'll have someone with very crippled speed like me, heh.

(I focus on good at/bad at when coming at balancing stats, so don't yell at me if I balance your growth to be slower (nay, I'm joking, revised it, and I had not to resort for slower lvl-up. But, you're glass cannon) ;) )

Accepted, anyway.
I prefer something more balanced. Please don't have me as glass cannon. Just balance it out.
Also, he is not claustrophobic. I did not state that.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Faressain

Quote from: Terrariadude
Quote from: ThartlerGuess we'll have someone with very crippled speed like me, heh.

Accepted, anyway.
I prefer something more balanced. Please don't have me as glass cannon. Just balance it out.
Also, he is not claustrophobic. I did not state that.

Sorry for inconveniences. But then I need to balance it out by having you require more exp to level you, effectively balancing you.

Tezuka Yamikami

TBGer name: Tezuka Yaminozo
Appearance (may not accurately represent someone for sake of privacy): Imagine Kakyoin from JJBA Part 4 with purple hair.
Personatity (see above): Has no set personality, and may or may not change personalities qute easily. I mean, he is one of the living definition of chaotic neutral, so yeah. That's what you'll get from him.
Backstory - aka which experience you had in time of the war: Previously a lurking TBGer, who was trained in the art of archery and Stand summoning. Well, that is if he gets stabbed by a Stand arrow.
Extremely good at: Bow usage, Stand usage, being insane, tanking magic damage when it comes
It's TYME to tip DEM scales!

Faressain

Quote from: Tezuka over DiscordTBGer name: Tezuka Yaminozo

Whoa! That's extremely detailed. Accepted!

Anyway, since we have party of four, we can start.

I never really wanted world to be enslaved and destroyed that brutal way. I never will forgive the characters that banished us down there.

However, we need to move onwards. We are possibly last hope of humanity. Well, possibly, since I don't know what happened with others.

It's the aftermath of our world, that broke from the characters.

When seeing the siquettes, I could see the three with me.

Three may be enough for now. But more might tag along, and more might join. But we have problems.

We have no weapons, nor enough protection for ourselves.

I hope that we manage to fix this early on.

(The party current location is at R3. Nearby is table, with empty chest undernath, a sofa, worn out by time and rats, and a bed, that shared the same fate. In central-left side of room is corridor, and in opposite direction, a sewer waterfall can be noticed.)

Blunderbus

"Doesn't seem like there's much to do here. What's down this corridor?"
I cautiously proceed through the corridor, but stay close to the rest of the group.

(guess we're using first person?)

Faressain

(Well, I guess, that'd be my style of talking when narrating Thartler. Also, since there's no interesting stuff there, I guess we're moving out then.)

We all eventually followed, while my bones were getting used to the strange climate of sewers. There were three routes - to the right, forward or to left further away.

(A tip - you can only fully see the intersections when you stand on the centre of it (some have more than one, like this).

Blunderbus

"I say we go right first. It looks like there's another split path forwards, and there might be something else to the right."

Tezuka Yamikami

"Welp, I'll take the left path, I suppose." Tezuka says, sighing.

Faressain

"Noted. Hmm, but that leaves our party split. Just in case, I'll go with Tezuka."

(I can't seem to see Steve, so I auto him to split team with Teddy.)

Well, and here we go, the main part of sewers. But there's water deep to the... feet, I suppose. Nevertheless, there's something odd there.

(The party of Epik and T.dude can see two... strange skeletons. They are standing, making some bone noise. One seems to be guarding a dead human, and in there it seems to be two beds. One of them are broken, but maybe second contains something?)

Tezuka Yamikami

"...Hrmm...If only we had a torch nearby..."

Blunderbus

"Those look pretty nasty, and I'm not very good at fighting... Maybe I should go get the others, we might need help."

I sneak away from the skeletons to try to find the rest of the group.

Faressain

"Well, we need to find it somewhere, I guess." I glance back at Tezuka. "I just wonder where." But the thing that was strange came closer to us.

(Teddy (sneak away from the skeletons): 7 (5 needed): success

Teddy managed to sneak away safely, mostly due they were busy and he was far enough at start.)

-Terrariadude555-

Faressain

Quote from: TerrariadudeSneak away to sofa

(Hey, it's safe now. Want to proceed anyway? (You're far from skeletons))

Tezuka Yamikami

Tezuka sighs before praying to Duma he gets a good enough retreat roll, before getting Thrartler and bolting out of there as silently as possible.

Faressain

(Enemy) Approach: 17
Tezuka and Thartler (Retreat): 11 < 17

Umm, Houston, we're in trouble. Well, I always told myself that as a pun. But I guess we have to fight fist to... shell and scale?

{Squirtle!} {Dratini!}

That... Is funny. But- are THESE THINGS crazy!? "Tez, there's no way. We might have to fight them."

Battle:

Tezuka and Thartler against Squirtle and Dratini!