News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

When We Were Young and Stupid

Started by Dino, Mar 11, 2013, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenon

1/23
WIWYAS, I thought sharp cheese had very sharp edges, that cut you if you touch it.
Road to 5K posts:
2K----2.5K----3K----3.5K----4K----4.5K----5K
It's time to battle in Colosseum!
My Discord: lightshatterz#2041

Flowermanvista

8/10

WIWYAS, one time on my old computer, i removed a CD from the drive while a game was running, and it gave me a BSOD.

overreacting much, windows 98?
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Flowermanvista

bump, sorry for double post but i got another one:

WIWYAS, I somehow confused Daft Punk, the French electronic music duo that was most active in the 2000s, with Pink Floyd, an English progressive/psychedelic rock band most active in the 70s and 80s.

Next poster, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rate both!!!!!
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

Blunderbus

1. 10/10
2. they're basically the same / 10

WIWYAS, wait that was yesterday
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

GalaxySugarFox

lol/10

WWWYAS, I thought your eyes would turn into buttons if you watched anything fast forward.(BLAME MY COUSINS FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE THAT)

Blunderbus

what / 10

WIWYAS I thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was hard.

-Terrariadude555-

3/10

WIWY (BNS) I thought cake was only for parties.

Also, a kid once told me his parents said cake was poisonous every day except birthdays you know about.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Quote from: TerrariadudeWIWYAS
fixed

9 / 10

WIWYAS, I couldn't ever beat Mario 64 because I could never find where Bob-omb Battlefield is.
Even though it's an extremely simple layout (go inside and go left).

I also started a new file one time and thought I'd somehow broken the game and lost the other one.

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: DaEpikDude
fixed

9 / 10

WIWYAS, I couldn't ever beat Mario 64 because I could never find where Bob-omb Battlefield is.

I also started a new file one time and thought I'd somehow broken the game and lost the other one.
It was intentional. WIWYBNS stands for when I was young but not stupid.
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: DaEpikDude
fixed

9 / 10

7/10

WIWYAS, I thought everybody took piano lessons (because all my siblings and I did). I thought it was like how everyone goes to school (or is homeschooled, but I didn't really have a concept of that either). In my mind musicianship was just expected.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

GalaxySugarFox

9/10
WWWYAS, I thought that adults were giant aliens that came to Earth to make children their slaves.

Blunderbus

how can you be sure they're not?
heck, how can we be sure YOU'RE not?

/10

WIWYAS, I found the last galaxy of SMG2 to be nearly impossible.

...wait it still is

the2000

wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Blunderbus

2 / 10

WIWYAS, I had absolutely no idea how you're supposed to play in an RPG

Now I have *a little* idea

TheLetterThorn

7/10, that's something you gain with experience :)

WIWYAS, I thought you could call the devil on the phone by dialing 666.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

Flowermanvista

There's a lot of videos of people calling 666-666-6666 or 1-666-666-6666 and supposedly connecting to Satan. One of my classmates tried it, and AFAIK, what supposedly happens is you hear a really loud scream, and then your number gets blocked.
So overall not that stupid 5/10

WIWYAS I was unaware about the wonders of Reddit
good morning, SMF!

Seanbobe

My joke RPG: Instructions Unclear: The RPG of Memes
My serious RPG: Stop the Spambots!
My offline life: error 404

findanegg

8/10

WIWYAS, I still unironically used Scratch
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Blunderbus

6 / 10 you can unironically use scratch and not be young and stupid

example: griffpatch i guess
bad example: me

WIWYAS, I thought that this counted as pathfinding.

CoolTBGGaming

7/10

WIWYAS, I thought an RPG was a beat-em-up game. :|
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

Starmeadows

8/10

WIWYAS i thought New Super Mario Bros. Wii was easy.

Blunderbus

but it is / 10

WIWYAS the only thing I could cook was cookies.

Now I can cook cake as well.

GalaxySugarFox

:lol: :lol: :lol: /10

WWWYAS, I thought cheese puffs were made of Styrofoam and orange dust.

mrbumppo

:( / 10
When I was young, I knew nothing about the community guidelines and got two alerts. :(
I felt so sad, and I think I nearly got a block. :(:(

Sadness level: 9/10(██████████████░)

redgreenandblue

9/10

When I was young, I thought that libraries only got their money from fines on overdue books.