News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

<[]>Elementals RP: The battle between elements! Join today! <[]>

Started by -Terrariadude555-, Dec 28, 2017, 08:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunderbus

Quote from: Terrariadude
Quote from: DaEpikDudebtw you misspelled my name in the op
and tezuka isn't inactive anymore
Autocorrect is always doing it. I can't fix it.
oh ok

but still tezuka's not inactive
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

-Terrariadude555-

Meh. We can just have him retreat.
Teddy: 7, 22

Steve: 25

Tezuka: 0

Firechargers: 25
——————————————
Teddy fires a couple shots at the Firechargers. Both miss.

Teddy fires again, this time driving through the head and stomach of the 3rd Firecharger. Acid drips slowly from the firecharger's dead corpse.

Steve slays the 1st Firecharger and the Firecharger rider. The Firecharger mount is almost dead, covering the area around it in thick, warm blood.

Tezuka retreats to a hut.

The 2 baby Firechargers jump at Teddy. They knock him down, injuring his arms. The baby Firechargers suffer no damage, and the tail of one begins to flicker again.

Statuses:

Steve: healthy [100/100 HP, 25 Vitality]
Teddy: arm injured, arm severely injured [79/100 HP, 20 vitality]
Tezuka: healthy, retreating [100/100 HP, 25 Vitality]

Firecharger baby 1: tail half-extinguished [90/100 HP, 9/10 vitality]
Firecharger baby 2: healthy [100/100 HP, 10/10 vitality]

Firecharger mount: almost dead, Extreme bleeding, missing horns [12/130 HP, 0/30 vitality]
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

:D
"Stop touching my suspendies!" - My friend

Blunderbus

Teddy retreats, attempting to fire off a few protective water bolts as well.

Tezuka Yamikami

Tezuka, after retreating, tries to imbue the weapon with his magic to make it stronger.
(he should be able to do that.)
It's TYME to tip DEM scales!

-Terrariadude555-

Attack rolls:

Teddy: 8

Steve: 25

Tezuka: 3

Firechargers: 13
——————————
Teddy fires water bolts as he retreats, which do not hit. He ends up in a safe hut with plenty of fire and water weapons.

Teddy has retreated. He can no longer attack for the rest of the assault

Steve slays the mount. A crate appears where the firecharger died. Steve collects the crate. It contains:

Fire shard
Tungsten melter
Blueflame wings

Steve equips the wings and the fire shard. After putting his flamethrower in the crate and putting it in a hut, he flies into the air.

Tezuka comes out and imbues his magic into one of his weapons. The now-stardust staff becomes stronger and has more range.

Statuses:

Steve: healthy, strengthened [150/150 HP, 40 vitaltiy]
Teddy: retreated [invincible]
Tezuka: healthy [100/100 HP, 25 Vitality]

Firecharger baby 1: healthy [100/100 HP, 10/10 vitality]
Firecharger baby 2: healthy [100/100 HP, 10/10 vitality]
I used to be active on the TBGs but was not a very nice person, I've changed now but my activity is lacking.

Tezuka Yamikami

It's TYME to tip DEM scales!

Fishmael

(Just gonna go in blind here.)

Username: frishy
Character name: Mett
Personality: Likes going into great depth about very technical things that hold very little importance. Used to collect large amounts of pet bugs and name them even though she didn't know how to feed them so they'd just die in a week anyways. Has an extensive list of favorite teas.
Wanted element: Life, because, as stated, it is "one of the most powerful elements." Uses it as a form of healing and as a coping mechanism when stressed out about stuff.
Strengths: Salubrity, longevity
Weaknesses: Occasional glibness, a mild yet everpresent existential dread
Backstory: From a well enough off family, she started her life as a kelp farmer. Then she stayed a kelp farmer. Really, it wasn't that hard of a life to pursue. I mean, sometimes it's a bit taxing but if you can produce a high enough yield you basically can take half a year off. Just gotta know how to rotate crops and cultivate and stuff. So she's been doing that for many years. Some would consider that a mundane state of life but I mean, meaningful work is the ideal so who are you to judge? Plus kelp farming gives her an excuse to live by the sea, so that's a bonus.
Experience with RPs: If a child was born around the time I actively started roleplaying, it would be finishing kindergarten by now. I have GMed more than twenty campaigns, and finished only like ten but hey, what ever. I keep a folder of five D&D characters with five pages of additional notes each ranging from levels 1 to 19 and have made a series of modified rule systems using a 3d6 system instead of a 1d20 system and have made most of the longest running CYOAs on this site, along with most of the shortest running but hey, what ever.
Activity: I am always very active until I suddenly am not, usually in long hiatuses spurred by a sudden sense of melancholy normally onset by a prevailing nature of the mundane.
Would you like to become an admin?: Sure, though I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to imply. Because we already have mods on this site.
Miscellaneous/other: "Great Traverses, Ta Kuo. Transition, crisis; gather all of your strength to make the passage; hold on to your ideals." -I Ching, the Classic Chinese Oracle of Change, translated by Stephen Karcher
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: frishy(Just gonna go in blind here.)

Username: frishy
Character name: Mett
Personality: Likes going into great depth about very technical things that hold very little importance. Used to collect large amounts of pet bugs and name them even though she didn't know how to feed them so they'd just die in a week anyways. Has an extensive list of favorite teas.
Wanted element: Life, because, as stated, it is "one of the most powerful elements." Uses it as a form of healing and as a coping mechanism when stressed out about stuff.
Strengths: Salubrity, longevity
Weaknesses: Occasional glibness, a mild yet everpresent existential dread
Backstory: From a well enough off family, she started her life as a kelp farmer. Then she stayed a kelp farmer. Really, it wasn't that hard of a life to pursue. I mean, sometimes it's a bit taxing but if you can produce a high enough yield you basically can take half a year off. Just gotta know how to rotate crops and cultivate and stuff. So she's been doing that for many years. Some would consider that a mundane state of life but I mean, meaningful work is the ideal so who are you to judge? Plus kelp farming gives her an excuse to live by the sea, so that's a bonus.
Experience with RPs: If a child was born around the time I actively started roleplaying, it would be finishing kindergarten by now. I have GMed more than twenty campaigns, and finished only like ten but hey, what ever. I keep a folder of five D&D characters with five pages of additional notes each ranging from levels 1 to 19 and have made a series of modified rule systems using a 3d6 system instead of a 1d20 system and have made most of the longest running CYOAs on this site, along with most of the shortest running but hey, what ever.
Activity: I am always very active until I suddenly am not, usually in long hiatuses spurred by a sudden sense of melancholy normally onset by a prevailing nature of the mundane.
Would you like to become an admin?: Sure, though I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to imply. Because we already have mods on this site.
Miscellaneous/other: "Great Traverses, Ta Kuo. Transition, crisis; gather all of your strength to make the passage; hold on to your ideals." -I Ching, the Classic Chinese Oracle of Change, translated by Stephen Karcher
You might want to change the name, since this is a bit more serious RP.

Also, you need armour. It will be much needed. Even the most powerful healer needs armour, and we have not gotten to that part.

Other than that, accepted as life element. Just as a note, if you rolled 1 you would have no element and get killed instantly and if you rolled 25 you would have all elements. Lucky that didn't happen.

Fishmael

Quote from: TerrariadudeYou might want to change the name, since this is a bit more serious RP.

Alright, I change the name to Mikhaela.

Quote from: TerrariadudeAlso, you need armour. It will be much needed. Even the most powerful healer needs armour, and we have not gotten to that part.

Alright, I'll take whatever armour is available that has a good balance between mobility and strength. Are we using AC or are we using Defense Roll Modifiers? You said it was possible to roll a 25 so I assume it either uses a 1d25 system or a 1d20 system with a modifier of +5?
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: frishy
Quote from: TerrariadudeYou might want to change the name, since this is a bit more serious RP.

Alright, I change the name to Mikhaela.

Quote from: TerrariadudeAlso, you need armour. It will be much needed. Even the most powerful healer needs armour, and we have not gotten to that part.

Alright, I'll take whatever armour is available that has a good balance between mobility and strength. Are we using AC or are we using Defense Roll Modifiers? You said it was possible to roll a 25 so I assume it either uses a 1d25 system or a 1d20 system with a modifier of +5?
We are using a form of AC (default is 10), which I need to add. We are using 1d25. Some bonus items can get you up to 50, plus items can allow multi attacks.

Your new armour is Clorophyte armour.
AC has been raised to 17
1d25 has become 1d32 for Mikhaela

New list of armours:
Steve: elemental flare armour
AC has been raised to 22
1d25 becomes 2d40 for Steve

Teddy: waterspark armour
AC has been raised to 14
1d25 becomes 2d27 for Teddy

Tezuka: magic shard armour
AC has been raised to 18
1d25 becomes 1d34

Items:

Mikhaela: healers necklace: increases healing power, faster healing, attacks heal Mikhaela by 25% of damage done.
Steve: fragment of elements: increased elemental damage, increased health and AC.
Teddy: watertooth: increased water damage, more AC in water tribe.
Tezuka: stardust vial: more damage depending on health, attacks release stardust minions.

Blunderbus

by the way i just noticed something

Quote from: TerrariadudeWeaknesses: n/a: weaknesses cannot be applied to god elementals.

literal "god"modding :P

(seriously though i think it's a little bit silly that because you're the gm you made yourself an ultra powerful element)
(edit: also your attack rolls have been 20+ like 8 times in a row, i have a sneaking suspicion that's not a coincidence)

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDude(edit: also your attack rolls have been 20+ like 8 times in a row, i have a sneaking suspicion that's not a coincidence)
(Actually, as it states prior, his armour changes his attack rolls to 2d40, as opposed to the standard roll of the system being 1d25, meaning he's rolling around the lower quartile with all probability considered. In fact, his average rolls should be around 40 in such a system. As an Admin, I believe it's my duty to point out such discrepancies in accusations.)

Assuming that Mikhaela is near or around the others, she attempts to maintain a defensive, maybe growing a wall of roots between her and the Firechargers if that is within the extent of her powers.

Assuming instead that she is not, in fact, anywhere near the others, and instead safe at home by the sea, she returns to her passion of growing kelp.
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: DaEpikDudeby the way i just noticed something

Quote from: TerrariadudeWeaknesses: n/a: weaknesses cannot be applied to god elementals.

literal "god"modding :P

(seriously though i think it's a little bit silly that because you're the gm you made yourself an ultra powerful element)
(edit: also your attack rolls have been 20+ like 8 times in a row, i have a sneaking suspicion that's not a coincidence)
I'm the creator of the game. Steve is a powerful person. If you like, you can make another character and hope it has all elements. Also, he can only control 1 element at a time, and he has to wait 10 seconds before switching to another element.

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: frishy
Quote from: DaEpikDude(edit: also your attack rolls have been 20+ like 8 times in a row, i have a sneaking suspicion that's not a coincidence)
(Actually, as it states prior, his armour changes his attack rolls to 2d40, as opposed to the standard roll of the system being 1d25, meaning he's rolling around the lower quartile with all probability considered. In fact, his average rolls should be around 40 in such a system. As an Admin, I believe it's my duty to point out such discrepancies in accusations.)

Assuming that Mikhaela is near or around the others, she attempts to maintain a defensive, maybe growing a wall of roots between her and the Firechargers if that is within the extent of her powers.

Assuming instead that she is not, in fact, anywhere near the others, and instead safe at home by the sea, she returns to her passion of growing kelp.
Your character is in the life tribe area. Yes, your house is there and you can farm kelp as much as you like, but since you are part of the team, the other players will pick you up sooner or later on the monorail.

Fishmael

Seeing as the others have not yet arrived, and seeing as Mikhaela isn't entirely aware of the existence of the other party members as it stands, she returns to farming her kelp. She attempts to use her Life abilities to speed up the plant's growth.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Blunderbus

Quote from: frishy(Actually, as it states prior, his armour changes his attack rolls to 2d40, as opposed to the standard roll of the system being 1d25, meaning he's rolling around the lower quartile with all probability considered. In fact, his average rolls should be around 40 in such a system. As an Admin, I believe it's my duty to point out such discrepancies in accusations.)
That only just happened like one post ago.

Quote from: TerrariadudeI'm the creator of the game. Steve is a powerful person. If you like, you can make another character and hope it has all elements.
I don't really think that's an OK reason to give yourself an advantage. Maybe it's just me but I think the rules should apply equally to everyone, GM included.
Also, now that I've said this stuff, who's to say if when I try to make a new element you won't make it so it can't get all elements?

Sorry, but now that I've noticed this sort of stuff I think I'm going to quit. I just don't feel like it's fair.

Fishmael

Quote from: DaEpikDudeThat only just happened like one post ago.

(True, though its application may be canonically everpresent without our knowledge of it, considering that many mechanics of this game system work in an 'apply as they are mentioned' order, such as the Need and Greed loot system or the Attack Roll method of combat. Like lighting a torch in a cave, where only delving deeper can reveal what is painted on the cave walls. In this case, they are the cave paintings of this game, which must be delved into and explored in order to be fully appreciated. If the rules were stated in the OP, they wouldn't be seen as an incentive to play. That is why this game is an art form. It's what isn't told that gives it its meaning, like a connect the dots of the Mona Lisa.)

Quote from: DaEpikDudeWho's to say if when I try to make a new element you won't make it so it can't get all elements?

(It is here that we assume the Veil of Ignorance. When no motive is given for malice, and without a motive's presence we are not meant to be doubtful towards it, who is to say it is an action of malice as much as it is standard chance? There is a 4% chance that you receive no power, and an equal chance that you receive all powers. Since we can not see the results of the rolls, nor can we personally witness the rolling of the dice, the only logical assumption is to presume he is trustworthy enough to have rolled in such ways. I see no other option here.)
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Quote from: DaEpikDude
Quote from: frishy(Actually, as it states prior, his armour changes his attack rolls to 2d40, as opposed to the standard roll of the system being 1d25, meaning he's rolling around the lower quartile with all probability considered. In fact, his average rolls should be around 40 in such a system. As an Admin, I believe it's my duty to point out such discrepancies in accusations.)

Quote from: TerrariadudeI'm the creator of the game. Steve is a powerful person. If you like, you can make another character and hope it has all elements.
I don't really think that's an OK reason to give yourself an advantage. Maybe it's just me but I think the rules should apply equally to everyone, GM included.
Also, now that I've said this stuff, who's to say if when I try to make a new element you won't make it so it can't get all elements?

Sorry, but now that I've noticed this sort of stuff I think I'm going to quit. I just don't feel like it's fair.
Actually, we are in the fire area, so you have an advantage. You will also gain elements over time, so you might become one too.
Also, I can assure you I won't just make it not 25. Who knows, I might even not have rolled 25 and I will make it so people think I did...

About me being all-powerful, I actually rolled 25 before I created my character.

As a final point, I have only been on the TBGs for 5 months, and in the last 2 months, you have been disrespectful to me, questioning everything about my TBGs and RPGs, plus you have been a little over-the-top. (That was not meant to be disrespectful to you, but it is true).

Please just stop being mean.

Blunderbus

Quote from: Terrariadude
Quote from: DaEpikDude

Actually, we are in the fire area, so you have an advantage. You will also gain elements over time, so you might become one too.
Also, I can assure you I won't just make it not 25. Who knows, I might even not have rolled 25 and I will make it so people think I did...

About me being all-powerful, I actually rolled 25 before I created my character.

As a final point, I have only been on the TBGs for 5 months, and in the last 2 months, you have been disrespectful to me, questioning everything about my TBGs and RPGs, plus you have been a little over-the-top. (That was not meant to be disrespectful to you, but it is true).

Please just stop being mean.

Ok, but I don't feel like this story is actually going anywhere right now. You might have a grand plan for this RPG but I'm not really interested, it seems a little aimless right now.

I might join again later, if there's more indication that stuff's happening in the story, but for now I'm not really interested.

P.S. I don't intend to seem like I hate you specifically, or anyone for that matter, it's just that I feel like there are some things in your games that I don't necessarily agree with. The attack rolls very well could have been a complete coincidence, I'm not saying I KNOW you're changing things, but that's the idea that I'm getting right now (considering 8 rolls of 20+ in a row is a 5% chance to happen).

...Okay, I'm not helping my case, am I?

wb

-Terrariadude555-

I'm just lucky, ok? That is what is happening.

Also, we have collected the fire shard, and we are about to collect the water shard after we pick up Mikhaela via monorail.

Edit: if the fire shard fight collection wasn't that engaging, there is 2 bosses to be fought, plus a long invasion. I expect the process to take 500+ posts.

Fishmael

Quote from: Terrariadude(considering 8 rolls of 20+ in a row is a 5% chance to happen)
(On the topic of discrepancy, the actual percentage for such a situation is 2.56e-4%, as multiple rolls account for exponentials.)

Mikhaela waits for the monorail as she grows bored of growing kelp. It is rare that she grows bored of such a task, but sometimes she does and can't really help it, so not much more can be asked of her but to follow her instincts of waiting for the monorail. It's a slow job.
ouns are they/she, pleas

-Terrariadude555-

Mikhaela waits for the monorail. It seems to be taking a while.

Teddy decides to stay in his hut.

Tezuka and Steve ride on a flamehorse to flameburst north. They find the monorail station and buy a ticket each

-25 sparklecubes From Steve and Tezuka

The monorail takes a while, but soon it stops at leaftree Hill. There they walk through leaftree Hill up to Mikhaela's house. Tezuka and Steve see an ocean nearby, with lots of kelp near the shoreline. Steve walks up to the door and rings the doorbell.

What happens next, we do not know. Mikhaela will decide that.

New priority order:

The person with the most AC goes first, then it goes from most to least. In this case, Steve goes first and Teddy goes last, with Tezuka and Mikhaela following Steve respectively.

-Terrariadude555-

-Terrariadude555-

-Terrariadude555-