News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Questions and Suggestions

Started by 360-International, Sep 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgreenandblue

Quote from: Heathcliffe
Quote from: CoolTBGGamingWhat exactly is a forum cleanup? I'm an idiot :-/
Mass deletion of old, unused threads.
I've been wondering, does it use some sort of script to delete them or do mods do it manually?

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: redgreenandblue
I've been wondering, does it use some sort of script to delete them or do mods do it manually?
Generally we do it manually. That prevents the deletion of threads people actually want to play.
Thorn | TBG Team | Massive Nerd
Currently on vacation and will remain active until the spring semester.
Obsessed with William Butler Yeats until further notice.
Visit my website, where I display my creative and web projects.
Pronouns: at this point do i even know? (he/him/his)

Faressain

Quote from: HeathcliffeMass deletion of old, unused threads.
Generally we do it manually. That prevents the deletion of threads people actually want to play.

Can we keep some big RPGs though, but in archive or ye' glorious olde RPGs tab?
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

CoolTBGGaming

OK.
https://ecosia.org Switch to Ecosia to help save the environment while searching the internet!

I don't care if my signature doesn't get cut off on certain styles lol

i hate this account ngl

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: Thartler
Quote from: redgreenandblueI've been wondering, does it use some sort of script to delete them or do mods do it manually?

Can we keep some big RPGs though, but in archive or ye' glorious olde RPGs tab?
I'd say that's okay :)

Blunderbus

well you have forums, right?
and they clean them up

hence the name a forum cleanup
ik i'm late but i had to
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

the2000

CHAT IS FIX
Edit: I don't really know, I haven't seen anyone else in it yet, and it takes a while to load, but hey at least it's not logging me in and out
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

Dino

Quote from: DaEpikDude
well you have forums, right?
and they clean them up

hence the name a forum cleanup
ik i'm late but i had to
Oof

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: the2000CHAT IS FIX
Edit: I don't really know, I haven't seen anyone else in it yet, and it takes a while to load, but hey at least it's not logging me in and out
finally
we don't have the newest user be "we're dead" anymore
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

redgreenandblue

Quote from: 8435.5
Quote from: the2000CHAT IS FIX
finally
we don't have the newest user be "we're dead" anymore
Yeah, that was pretty annoying.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

and this is what I feared would happen
the server gets raided again
j u m b l e !

redgreenandblue

Suggestion: Turn the captcha back off. We're better off that way until the mods find a real solution.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: redgreenandblueSuggestion: Turn the captcha back off. We're better off that way until the mods find a real solution.
You mean close registration?
j u m b l e !

redgreenandblue

Quote from: redgreenandblueSuggestion: Turn the captcha back off. We're better off that way until the mods find a real solution.
You mean close registration?
Yeah

TheLetterThorn

Closing topic temporarily to clean up.

TheLetterThorn

redgreenandblue

I am getting pretty concerned about the safety of this site. Don't take this question the wrong way but I am curious: Do you mods know what you are doing?
I don't know what your solution was or if it worked but I wanted to make sure that you guys can take care of it if we keep getting spammers.

TheLetterThorn

Quote from: redgreenandblueI am getting pretty concerned about the safety of this site. Don't take this question the wrong way but I am curious: Do you mods know what you are doing?
I don't know what your solution was or if it worked but I wanted to make sure that you guys can take care of it if we keep getting spammers.
I permabanned the accounts and I.P.s of the spammers. I'm also considering temporarily disabling registrations again until we can get a more permanent solution, it's actively being discussed in the mod forum right now.

We will take legal action if the harassment continues, and I'm personally gonna be more active so I can catch stuff like that earlier. I trust the rest of the team will do the same.

redgreenandblue

Quote from: redgreenandblueI am getting pretty concerned about the safety of this site. Don't take this question the wrong way but I am curious: Do you mods know what you are doing?
I permabanned the accounts and I.P.s of the spammers. I'm also considering temporarily disabling registrations again until we can get a more permanent solution, it's actively being discussed in the mod forum right now.

We will take legal action if the harassment continues, and I'm personally gonna be more active so I can catch stuff like that earlier. I trust the rest of the team will do the same.
Thanks for your hard work guys.

TheLetterThorn

Thanks for your hard work guys.
We care about this site a lot and the last thing we want is to see it murdered.

Faressain

Anyway, I feel like the RPGs and MFGs could use more activity, as well as advertising TBGs. Seriously, that may make more users. Prevention is best way to negate worst stuff, too. And how to prevent RPGs dying off? More people, of course.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Blunderbus

Quote from: ThartlerAnyway, I feel like the RPGs and MFGs could use more activity, as well as advertising TBGs. Seriously, that may make more users. Prevention is best way to negate worst stuff, too. And how to prevent RPGs dying off? More people, of course.
i mean i don't know what you think counts as "rpgs dying" but i'm used to like 4-ish people in an rpg and the ones i've made have like more than 10 so idk
join Fragmented Future to RIDE A TRAIN! WOOOOOOO YEAH, TRAINS, BABY!

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Sure, it's annoying, but I don't think it's that bad.
j u m b l e !

TheLetterThorn

The worst of it's been offsite - and has been pretty bad.

DownsGameClub

I'll just add in that we've seen some harassing DMs to us.  I won't go into the details but it's something you really don't want to see.  Also, this drama has been going on for four months - we aren't playing at this point.