News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

The SalaFILE SINEGATIVE NINEXer Clock (FILE NEGATIVE NINE: 8435.5)

Started by Fishmael, Jan 18, 2018, 07:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

And so the story begins. Our hero wakes up in a small hut in the cold town of Nimset, a desolate town at the center of what could be considered the Clock's Face. It is not often that one is called forth this far from the Clock's edge, but not impossible. In fact, the neighboring town of Helmsmast prides itself on being the home of Fillip the Blind, but that is not of importance right now. What is important are the following questions that you must answer before continuing on your journey.

First, what is your name?

Often, it is when we are not told that there is an obstacle before us that we make the most mistakes. Though Fillip the Blind is entirely fictional, my mention of him in these first few drafts holds as a fitting coincidence. Be careful who you delete. thisisnotyourfilethisisnotyourfilethisiisslnotyourfilthisissinnityoufileeelifyousfifillfseetisisnothisisn
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Fishmael

ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

Not to worry.

This file already has a name.

22, 54, 50, 78, 7.

Second, of the five following characteristics, which two do you feel describe you the most accurately?

Envious, Offhand, Morbid, Self-conscious, or Casual.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

16, 69, 21, 66, 39.

Third, based on those traits, which two of these five faults does %430qi have?

Very timid and shy.
Being unclean causes them a great deal of distress.
Poor sense of direction.
Fear of drowning.
They feel the need to set off any trap they come across.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

Lastly, what is one thing you, as %430qi, don't like about yourseįϘlf?

This final question is different for each player.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

me never seeming to let go of existential crisises
j u m b l e !

Fishmael

In the center of town, a large fire has been made to warm the many people who wait outside in anticipation for the chiming of the Salamander Clock. The bitterness of the snow does not dissuade them from their wai⌑ting. You, however are not with them. You are in your hut. What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

You head into town. Though the air is biting like ice, you do not pause to put on a heavy cloak or anything. On this sort of day, it is not uncommon for members of the town to rush outside before even getting their bearings. Smoke rises into the air as ⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷⌷ logs continue to burn on the fire. About two hundred people are gathered around the bonfire, including yourself. What do you do?
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

You wait. Time continues to pass at an unalarming rate. Chances are, you wouldn't be called forth, anyways. [co¬¬¬¬¬¬u alrea¬¬¬¬¬¬[/¬¬lo¬] Even if you did, you don't need around some campfire to find out. You'd know when the Mark appeared on your hand. What was your personality again? Oh, right, casual. This is the casual action.

I'm going to be honest, this form of characte[coļor=part.four]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[/cðlor]
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Shoot, I created another casual character?  When will I learn to roleplay well...
j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

Once again, you wait. You wait and you wait. Oh, how slow the world moves when there is nothing to push it along. What would there be anyways? What is there out there that could be so important that it won't come to you if you just wait? A thoroughly written fantasy world? Fights against terrific beasts? You can find that anywhere. No, what you search for is reward in the action of waiting. Yes, for as meticulously planned as anything can be, nothing can be so far planned that one would expect absolutely nothing to happen for long, long periods of time. But look at me speaking. Doing nothing for long periods of time is my forte. No time is wasted in the eyes of the practical. Sometimes, I stare directly at the ceiling and wait for hours as a little tale is played out in my head, telling a story that if anything really important were to happen, it would happen whether I got up to greet it or not. I once hit the snooze button twelve times in a row. The last two times I didn't even sleep. Just stared. And that's what you do. Staring at the plumes of smoke that billow from the bonfire in the center of town. What's with all of the hustle and bustle? If the Gods will call someone forth, they'll do it whether or not you're doing anything until then.

And then, you hear it. The Chimes.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Fishmael

You can't help but count the number of times the bell chimes as you try to disregard them.

Once.
Twice.
Three times.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.

Nine.

Suddenly, a searing pain rushes through your body, concentrating to the back of your hand, like a hot ember landed on it from the bonfire. Light gleams from the Mark now appearing on the back of your hand. It begins to catch the attention of those around you as you wince in pain.
ouns are they/she, pleas

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !