News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

ExperiMent X - Bodyshaped (Chapter 1 - "D"evolution.)

Started by Faressain, Feb 06, 2018, 06:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

(Caution, if you can't read the text, select line under it to reveal what's it meant for)

Preface:
                                   Test Subject:
You were a tourist in Mediolan, a big and beautiful Italian city. You were going into magnificent and beautiful churches, visiting great museums or simply sightseeing some skyscrapers... It was year 2018 and you didn't know/don't know yet that your life will be turned upside down, or even sacrificed to the good of science. You felt something knocking you unconscious. And then you woke at the lounge... or whatever could you call it. "Good morning! I am Professor Lonni, and that's M-X Official Science Centre. You'll be treated good. I promise you. Now, you'll have to become test subject, even without your will." You didn't know what did it mean, but suddenly, you were knocked into separate cells. You saw a bed, a toilet, painting and table. Those weren't the best, but you saw the number on the table. It was following: ID: #xxxx (ID changes for each test subject). Suddenly, the painting switched into digital TV, broadcasting something  to you. "You have five minutes to prepare mentally for this. Not everyone survives it. But that furniture... Ah, we'll change it accordingly to the changes we'll do on you. You'll never know though what will you have next. But I assume you, if you survive it, you can call yourself lucky." You didn't like it though... You needed a plan to escape it, though and opportunity to do it.

Scientists:
You were long time worker of the M-X Official Science Centre. "Well, we have idea. You can do some stuff about these test subjects we have or just make some notes about these." You always wanted to watch the transformations going... You hereby agreed to do that. For the science, you'll change them or take note of them and their adaptations/abilities! It's because the difference between changing stuff up and science is writing it down into your notebook!

Rules:
0. Follow the TBGs guidelines.
1. This is human RP, although experiments include body parts from animals, even those very weird (optionally dragons or even Pokemon, although I prefer all animals are real, although you can do it). Don't ask me from where they got the technology to catch in timelines. May be also a bit of Science Fiction, heh.
2. If you die, you die permanently. We still have no technology to avoid it, and we won't have it. But no, you shouldn't die due to transplant rejected. It ruins a bit of your fun, and as well facility is the one where people found a way to block transplants from rejecting.
3. No Mary Sues (including Arch-sues/ Marty-stus / Arch-stus) or Godmodding or Metagaming or whatever powergaming.
4. No debating (Unless it's in RP).
5. Nothing past ships... Also, don't unrealistically do the relationships.
6. You can have maximum of 3 test subjects and 2 scientists per person.
6a. There can be one test subject with severe case of bodyshape, like mind transplant, or more than 50% of human's body get modified, or there's more than two parts from different animals with at least 30% total contribution onto human's body, or even cybernetic enchantments inside human body, but not microbe DNA injection.
6b. Requires at least one animal transplant/modification. Gosh, they're playing on my nerves.
7. The experiments may be (but not limited to): Transplanting animal body parts/insides onto humans, resizing humans/parts, or even transplanting the mind of human into another animal (the human will lose control over his old body and gain control over the new one).
8. You're lucky if your vocal channel isn't affected, but if it's affected, do some animal speech, and in (...) give the rough meaning of what did they say.
9. NO TROLLING!
10. Go all-out with ideas and drama and such, but don't overdose it.
11. GM (me) may roll a 1d20 if situation like dispute over alive/death happens.

Sign-ups:
                   To-be Test Subjects:

Normal:

Name:
ID:
Normal appearance:
Modifications that will apply to them:
Personality*:
Backstory*:
Other:

Mind-transplantion into animal queued:

Name (put a change there if the animal body had a name before):
ID:
Gender (put a change if there's one):
Species that test subject will be changed into:
Normal appearance:
Modified/shifted appearance (+ any modification that will apply to them):
Personality*:
Backstory*:
Other:

Already Test Subjects:

Normal:

Name:
ID:
Appearance:
Modifications:
Personality*:
Backstory*:
Other:

Mind-transplanted into animal:

Name (put a change there if the animal body had a name before):
ID:
Gender (put a change if there's one):
Appearance (+ any modification that was applied to them):
Personality*:
Backstory*:
Other:

Scientists:

Name:
Age (25 or above):
Personality*:
Backstory*:
Why you wanted to join?:
Other:

* - At least one of two are required. Eg. you can skip personality if you have backstory. All other (decluding Other field) fields are required.

Notes:
Body is 30%, Head is 30% too, and any limb is 10%. Tail adds 10% to body transformation. (Please calculate your transformation percentage before replying)
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

Chapters:
Chapter 1 - "D"evolution - https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=425582.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Faressain

Characters:
Thartlers GMPCs:

Name: Professor Lonni
Appearance: White lab coat, short black hair, light skin and blue eyes. These all are what you see from him.
Personality*: He always needs to test stuff or else he gets mad. He's also a very good liar, but only to test subjects. He can be honest to his scientists too.
Backstory*: Nothing known...
Why you wanted to join?: "I am main Professor of the lab myself, but I wanted to do it, because I always fascinated about humans having animal parts or being those.
Other: He owns the M-X Official Science Centre.

Name: John Trebonth
ID: 2533
Species: Salvador merinatae (Argentinian black and white tegu.)
Appearance: Of course (s)he has shifted gender (which means Trebonth is she after transformation). (S)he is actually shifted into year and 6 months old tegu body, which means that Trebonth is a little small, about 2'2" long. No modification except this.
Personality*: Trebonth doesn't want to tell that.
Backstory*: Trebonth was born in Poland, as far, as he knows, and lived his live in Wrocław city, where he completed primary and secondary school, and decided to be an electrician, due to mediocre grades on all classes he had, and behaviour of his not being the best. But then, his family won a flight to Mediolan. Redeemable to 12th January. On this day, they flew to the destination, and Trebonth was excited due to this. And then this happened.
Other: He doesn't really know what will gonna happen to him. (Extreme case as well)
(Unused now:
Normal appearance: Trebonth has green eyes, light skin, is a little too much overweight, somewhat messy hair he hid under his navy blue Adidas dashie cap, black T-Shirt with eagle, Black sweater too, blue jeans-like sweatpants too.)

TheLastDinos characters:
Name: Felix
ID: 4136
Species: Owl
Appearance: Seems to be a normal owl, but has Felix's brain in instead.
Personality*: Calculating, persistent, grit, easily annoyed.
Other:
(past: Appearance: Large, bushy eyebrows, short hair, taller than average height.
Modification: Owl brain transplant.)

Alexphans PCs:
Name: Nathan
ID: 7057
Normal appearance: Bald, red shirt, brown pants.
Modifications that will apply to them: Injecting DNA from micro-organisms into the brain.
Personality: Not the brightest person in the world, but definitely has a good heart. He always intends to do the right thing but since he's clumsy things go wrong 75% of the time.
Other: Despite being low on intelligence, he has a very strong interest in technology.
(a normal case)

Tymewalks PCs:
Name: Martin Lockheart
Age (25 or above): 29
Appearance: Tall, and rather menacing. Has a thick beard, and wears glasses. Almost always has safety goggles, gloves, or something of the sort on.
Personality*: A rather nice guy, although extremely strict when it comes to lab safety. Messing with him is not advised, as when he's really angry, his revenge can be absolutely brutal.
Backstory*:
Why you wanted to join?: These transformations are the very most cutting edge in research. Being right here when it all happens is not only great experience, but a perfect way to make a name and career for myself, as soon as we begin publishing research papers.
Other: Usually has an assortment of colored rubberbands on his arm. Nobody knows what exactly they're for, only that he keeps changing them out every so often.

NPCs: (Only name/ID, role, age and gender)
Quatec: Scientist | Male | 32
#6321 (true name unknown): Test Subject (into dog) | Female | 14

Faressain

You can now post. (Maybe also reserving it for later, too).

Dino

Name: Felix
ID: 4136
Normal appearance: Large, bushy eyebrows, short hair, taller than average height.
Modifications that will apply to them: Owl brain transplant
Personality*: Calculating, persistent, grit, easily annoyed.
Other:

Faressain

Ok, accepted, but it sure will be hard to live with a new brain. That's for sure.

Dino

Quote from: ThartlerOk, accepted, but it sure will be hard to live with a new brain. That's for sure.
I meant transplanting Felix's brain into an owl though...

Faressain

Quote from: jji10dino
Quote from: ThartlerOk, accepted, but it sure will be hard to live with a new brain. That's for sure.
I meant transplanting Felix's brain into an owl though...

Oh, sorry... Still accepted, but the brain may be resized to fit into skull. Maybe let's start now, since we have almost no hope of getting more whatsoever.

(I'm gonna narrate Trebonth in 1st person and the main villain in third)

Chapter 1 - "D"evolution.

I woke up, very tired, almost not hearing what's the TV saying. "Augh!~" I said, my head aching from pain. "What day do we have?" I couldn't know, I wasn't awake for sooo long. I only noticed a small note...

'#2533'

If that's a note for me, then... Maybe it should say more on reverse? I turned the note to other side. Nothing.

"Don't think that there's anything hidden for you, test subject #2533. Mostly because... well, you still have two minutes and it will be gonna be something."
Two minutes... A minute... Not even partially prepared for it. I was scared and fearful, but I didn't know what will they do to me... I still don't know, after 30 seconds have passed.

Alex The JPEG

Name: Nathan
Modifications that will apply to them: Injecting DNA from micro-organisms into the brain.
Personality: Not the brightest person in the world, but definitely has a good heart. He always intends to do the right thing but since he's clumsy things go wrong 75% of the time.
Other: Despite being low on intelligence, he has a very strong interest in technology.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Faressain

Quote from: alexphanName: Nathan
Modifications that will apply to them: Putting a computer processor into the brain.

Hmm, pretty sure that they could get more modifications.
"although experiments include body parts from animals, even those very weird"
I should clarify it. The character should have at least one animal modifying part, be it complete override of human body or just limb/body swap/adding tails/another organ although, I can accept the character having this kind of modification, if he gets another one (but now animal one m'kay?) too. But that's put into extreme cases too.

Alex The JPEG

Quote from: Thartler
Modifications that will apply to them: Putting a computer processor into the brain.

Hmm, pretty sure that they could get more modifications.
"although experiments include body parts from animals, even those very weird"
I should clarify it. The character should have at least one animal modifying part, be it complete override of human body or just limb/body swap/adding tails/another organ although, I can accept the character having this kind of modification. But that's put into extreme cases too.
ack

sorry i changed it at the last minute :P
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Faressain

That means your brain would be quite a mess, eh? Accepted, for science (we don't pay recompensation for damage caused to memory btw.)

Tymewalk

Name: Martin Lockheart
Appearance: Tall, and rather menacing. Has a thick beard, and wears glasses. Almost always has safety goggles, gloves, or something of the sort on.
Personality*: A rather nice guy, although extremely strict when it comes to lab safety. Messing with him is not advised, as when he's really angry, his revenge can be absolutely brutal.
Backstory*:
Why you wanted to join?: These transformations are the very most cutting edge in research. Being right here when it all happens is not only great experience, but a perfect way to make a name and career for myself, as soon as we begin publishing research papers.
Other: Usually has an assortment of colored rubberbands on his arm. Nobody knows what exactly they're for, only that he keeps changing them out every so often.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

Quote from: TymewalkName: Martin Lockheart
Backstory*:
Science ftw! Accepted. We have already started, so jump in.

Faressain

By the way, update changelog on images:

v.0.1:
Added first version of ExperiMent X banner
v.0.2:
Fixed the banner alot (shaders&stuff)
v.0.3:
Added the text for other stuff (may cause slower load-times).

Dino

Felix wakes up and looks around. Where was he? His surroundings weren't familiar. The last thing he remembered was... Italy? Wait no, he'd been told that he was a test subject. Then he'd been knocked out.

Faressain

"Welp, time to get that #2533 into- what the!" Lonni didn't know he accidentally prepared not that body as he expected. "Hold on, I'll get new one." He sent the rotting body into burner as it wasn't even usable. He got a still-alive animal, and put it on table. An... owl.

"We have encountered technical problems with bodies. Please wait some more, subject #2533. | Test subject #4136 is asked to get ready soon, or probably now." He pressed a button with an ID of #4136, and this revealed a lot of options in the monitor/touchpad hybrid. He touched the 'transplant brain' key, and this caused cell of #4136 (he doesn't know names) to get picked.
"Professor Lonni, if I can talk to you like that, we actually have space for more people than one."
"Well, the one 3 year old tegu body was actually good, and we planned to transplant it on #2533, but it started to rot after dying and so we have to pick another tegu."
"Hope that won't make any mess. Everything ready? Since to transplant mind or brain, we need full attention, Sir."
"Fine, Mr. Qualic. But don't scold me like that. By the way, check the magazine for microorganisms."

Lonni then prepared another tegu body. But now, living one.

---
Come on! If they are that-

"Test subject #2533, #4136, #7765, #6321 and #1766 you're going to be shifted now for the science."

Oh crap. The room door, which I didn't even notice, opened, and the tube aaaAAAAAH-!

Great, not again. I didn't know how exactly it took, but after that I found myself locked to table, with no limb to be able to move.

I hope that it's just a nightmare and I'm in Poland...

Faressain

Guys, seriously? You could have at least posted when I was gone, so I could continue... *sigh*.

Tymewalk

Martin paced around, somewhat frantically. But he honestly wasn't scared at all.

No, rather, he was excited. Excited for the next batch of subjects. To him, every day was an excitement. That was exactly why he joined in the first place, so that he could always be right here, on the very cutting edge of science. He glanced over at the bands he had on his arm. Yellow, blue, green, pink, black, red... oh, pink! he thought to himself. He took off the pink band, stuffed it in his pocket, and walked over to a computer to read up on what test subjects were being experimented on today.

After seeing it, he quickly grabbed his notebook, scribbled a few numbers and titles in, and headed over to the other scientists. He sat there, scribbling away in his notebook, eager to get down every detail of the procedure.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

The test subject that were experiment on today were #2533, #7765, #6321, #1766- wait, where did #4136 go?

"I'm afraid the tube of test subject no. 4136 has some technical problems. Commencing mind transplant on #1766 into rabbit."

The test subject #1766 was killed by the failure of getting knocked down unconsciously, and accidentally moving as the blade started to cut the wound.

"Well, so much after one human. Second one, aka 7765 is going to be turned now."

Second test subject fared a little better, having successfully been knocked unconscious, but when they tried to transplant his brain into lizard's body, it fell.

---

"Ngggh! #2533, you now. Prepare, and don't think about these two... errors."

Wait, what did I just see- uhh, I feel-

---

"Well, since #2533 is knocked, time to activate something different." Lonni decided to grab the matter on his own hand, and decided to use the prototype of mind transplanter. first, he cut both holes in tegu and Tre's heads, then he put the device above both these bodies. "That will be safer... or not." Thankfully, it worked, but now there was trouble. Tegu, which was the host of Trebonth, had no pulse of heart beat. "Oops. Shock it fast! Meanwhile, #6321 is coming to get turned." While the tegu was been trying to get their beat returned, Lonni was experimenting on fourth with brain transplant. again. Now, he had to resize body instead, since it was too small, and then back. And the body was dog one. "Well, that's much about it. Let's see first what's happening with #2533."

---

nngh... AGH! If that was pain, then... Wait, am I blind, or? Hey! Don't do that- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Wait, it stopped- ahhhh! Well, couldn't be worse- oooooof. Wait, where am I? In sort of purgatory?
*shock*
Ooooow!
*shock, again*
Yeeeeeaurgh!
*shock once more*
Nngh... who did say that shocking me is good idea!? Nevermind, I hope I'm in- wait, what the! "Hsssss" (HEY! WHAT HAPPENED WITH MY BODY?)

---

"Did you see that? Did you? This is first mind-transplanted human into animal body in existence! I knew that will work! I knew! Well, let him some more, I need to collect notes about that human brain on dog body thing."

Tymewalk

Martin sat there and stared. The scribbling of his pencil stopped, and his arms fell to his sides.

The research finally paid off. After so much work, they had finally done it.

After the initial awe, a massive grin cracked across his face, as began quickly writing in his notebook, observing everything the new being did. How it reacted, how it moved, everything from the very beginning. Once they had a formula, a specific way of doing all of this, all of these notes would become immensely valuable.

Faressain

I forgot I didn't open my eyes, so I did after that- oh god, that's too bright, ahhh! I reopened them, and tried to stand up- wait, I can't- ooof. Turns out I hit the floor.

"That's quite weird, but we need to have you there for 10 minutes while we design an exhibition for you."

Wait, an exhibition? I didn't even understand my talk, and then they said about it? Oh not again! Wait, was that supposed to be left leg, right- wait, if I couldn't stand up on two legs, maybe I might not have any arms? Wait, what's that weird claw on my 'hand'? Waiit, what was that on the mirror? A... what!? I... don't know. But there was a note or something attached on the leg... and, what? Am I standing on four literally and have scales and real tail? Oh crap... "Sssss..." (AH HELP ME!) Wait, why I can't say anything? Ugh.

Tymewalk

Martin turned towards Lonni.

"This is absolutely incredible! What sort of trials should we put it through first?" he said, gesturing to a similar empty observation room behind them.

Faressain

"I'd say we first should put it... or her, since that body of tegu is actually female, or- Oh come on, how did I manage to do an error with calculations? Nevermind. Guess we need to get it on the trial of some sort. Preferably if it was movement trial." Lonni maybe had some reasons to be happy. "Well, time to get that test subject #2533 on the walking trial... And fix #4136's pipe." shortly after, the pipeline was functional, shortly after something picked that tegu off-screen into trial room. "Try to test various commands on it. The tag has another function. You can zap her? Or was that #2533 he before? Ah, nevermind, just call that one as it for now. Saying her true gender would be shock.

---

Uhh... what- ahhhhh! Maybe it won't be so bad, I'm only... something... ah, lizards had scales- wait, am I one? Oh not again. Ooooof. Hm? I don't recall this. Neither do I recall the temperature of this, but now I noticed, I was feeling warm enough. Definitely feeling thirsty though.

Tymewalk

"All right," Martin says, as he prepares the adjacent observation chamber for a movement test. "I'll be done in a minute. When I'm done, could you let the subject in?"