News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

E•N•E•M•I•E•S

Started by Tymewalk, Feb 03, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

(I've seen a few sitcom RPs on here. Credit to those guys for partial inspiration cuz sitcom RPs are awesome.)
For as long as you can remember, you've always just hated those guys. Yeah, that group of people who's nothing but trouble for you. Maybe hate is a little strong, but make no mistake - there's always been some dislike. It all started some generic amount of time ago...

Fast-forward to now, and you've started fresh. You're in a new town, with new people, and new experiences, and you're meeting your new roommates today! But WAIT! Suddenly, you've learned that you'll be living with them! What a wacky and zany coincidence! Who knows what'll happen now?

As you struggle to navigate your daily life living with these people, you've also got to make sense of the new people in your life, too. Go through your job, your social life, your generic plot arc, whatever!

Rules
- This RP is supposed to be sort of like a sitcom. Having seen some helps you get the general tropes down but is by no means a requirement. Clichés are encouraged!
- Humans only, please.
- Enemies are the "core group" of friends who have to live together as in the premise. Other roles are just referred to by their title.
- You don't have to be an Enemy, you can be another role, such as a coworker, friend, weird guy who steals garden gnomes, county inspector, or the like. While these roles may not necessarily need to do as much, that doesn't mean they can't, and that certainly doesn't mean they're less important.
- Make sure roles aren't overcrowded. If a role seems to have quite a few players, try picking another one to even things out.
- Try to keep the flow of the story consistent. Rather than quickly jumping from one event to another, try to sequence them out so there's a flow in the storyline to them.
- Keep it reasonable - you and I both know there's no way you have the power to start a war with the rest of the county! ...I mean, unless you did, in which case yeah, I guess it's time for the county war arc. :þ
- Once a character leaves (through death, moving away, etc.), they're gone forever - they can't come back. Make sure to use this as a last resort!
- One character at a time (for now). I may adjust this once this RP gets a little further in.

Sign-Up
Name:
Appearance:
Role: (This can be an Enemy or another role. You don't have to pick from the examples!)
Sitcom Stereotype: (Optional. You know, there's always those cliché genres of characters, like the athlete, the nerd, the pretty girl next door, the overbearing boss, etc...)
Catchphrase: (Optional. Got something you wanna say a million times and have it never get old? This is the slot for you.)
Other: (Optional.)

Character List
What the heckaroni, there's none here! Hey, maybe you could fix that?
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Alex The JPEG

so no one told you life was gonna be this wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Name: Sam
Appearance: Brown, messy hair, HUGE glasses, rugged shirt and pants
Role: Enemy
Sitcom Stereotype: The really smart guy that talks in big, verbose words and everyone thinks he's annoying
Catchphrase: Not really a catchphrase, but he smirks and puts up his glasses from time to time
Other: His last name is Fritzelburg
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

Starmeadows

Name: Still John
Appearance: 400 pounds packed in four feet.
Role: Dude who's trying to lose weight enemy
Sitcom Stereotype: Dude who's trying to lose weight
Catchphrase: I'm getting on the treadmill.
Other: x

Tymewalk

Quote from: alexphanso no one told you life was gonna be this wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Name: Sam
Appearance: Brown, messy hair, HUGE glasses, rugged shirt and pants
Sitcom Stereotype: The really smart guy that talks in big, verbose words and everyone thinks he's annoying
Catchphrase: Not really a catchphrase, but he smirks and puts up his glasses from time to time
Other: His last name is Fritzelburg
Quote from: Smiley100PName: Still John
Appearance: 400 pounds packed in four feet.
Role: Dude who's trying to lose weight enemy
Sitcom Stereotype: Dude who's trying to lose weight
Catchphrase: I'm getting on the treadmill.
Other: x
Both accepted.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Tymewalk

Name: Harry Jenkins
Appearance: Somewhat shorter than everyone else
Sitcom Stereotype: The nerd who always builds stuff that goes horribly wrong
Catchphrase: Zoinks!

SpicyMeatball

previously known as Floofy

Tymewalk

Shpore

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: Floofymark
?
mark

CellularData

mark is a cool guy. please do not say bad things about him.
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Tymewalk

How dare any of you mention the great m a ř k without his royal formatting, that's it you're banned forever /sarcasm

In all seriousness though let's try and keep this on topic. I'll start once we get a few more players.

Alex The JPEG

Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100