News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Nomads

Started by Wolfslime123, Jan 11, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfslime123

This game is slightly based of off Wanderers.io and was inspired by Village theology (Can it be inspired if it's your own work?)

You are a deity watching over your tribe. You will guide them to help them survive. If your people die, your totem burns and you have to start over. Your tribes people can gain new technology if they trade it with others or kill a tribe that owns the tech.

The season changes every page. (So every post is about half a month I guess.)

This game is GM'd and by default you'll have a d10. You'll have higher dies and can lower your opponents' die via certain technology. Your dice will be referred to as fighting skill.

Signup Sheet:

Tribe name:
Clothing and/or appearance:
Culture (How do your people live? Not required.):
Starting trait:
Backstory(If your tribe was defeated once):

As well as your starting technology, you also have hunting and gathering.

Star Gazing: Every year (100 posts), a special astronomical event will occur that suddenly allows your people to research a new technology of your choice as long as the required criteria are met.

Technologies (Will be added to):

Tier 1 Technologies: (These Technologies can be obtained without limitations.)
-Archery: Allows construction of bows. Adds 1 point to fighting skill. It is negated if your opponent has shields.
-Farming: Allows you to make your own food.
-Building: Allows construction of permanent housing and forts.
-Cannibalism: Allows the ability to gain food from humans.
-Medicine: Helps cure plagues.
-Shields: Allows construction of shields. Removes 1 point from your opposition.
-Fishing: Allows you to obtain food from water sources.
-Writing: Allows the use of written messages.

Tier 2 Technologies: (These Technologies while require you to have 1 or more Technologies from the previous tier you can research them, this includes all the ways to obtain new technology. They will be indicated as such: Tech 2 {Tech1, Tech1})
-Currency {Writing}: Allows you to make your own form of currency. If you decide to get this technology, you must keep track of all users of this technology yourself.

Rules:
-Basic TBG rules

Current tribes:

Wolfslime123
Tribe name: House of Wolves
Clothing and/or appearance: Everyone wears red cloaks. With blue markings because purple is hard to get.
Culture (How do your people live?): They live quietly and move swiftly. They don't speak often and instead use sign language. When they do talk, it's often to sing.
Current Technologies: Farming

ChildGamer
Tribe name: The Flonata
Clothing and/or appearance: Fur vests with feathers hanging off for village elders.
Culture: They live by the Feather, respecting birds, things that fly, and sometimes shaping their arrowheads like a hawk's beak.
Current Technologies: Archery, Farming

Faresassin
Tribe name: Astri
Clothing and/or appearance: They have various skins on them, but they also have light skin tone.
Culture (How do your people live?): They always watch the stars at night for prophecies and such.
Starting trait: Medicine
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

Tribe name: The Flonata
Clothing and/or appearance: Fur vests with feathers hanging off for village elders.
Culture: They live by the Feather, respecting birds, things that fly, and sometimes shaping their arrowheads like a hawk's beak.
Starting trait: Archery
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Tribe name: Astri
Clothing and/or appearance: They have various skins on them, but they also have light skin tone.
Culture (How do your people live?): They always watch the stars at night for prophecies and such.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Wolfslime123

Quote from: ChildGamerTribe name: The Flonata
Starting trait: Archery
Accepted
Quote from: FaressainTribe name: Astri
Accepted

Please note, this RP will be GM'd but only for one thing, combat between players. Certain Technologies will increase your fighting skill or decrease you opponents'. I'm updating the first post now. I'm doing this because it will allow me to add lots of combat tech that makes sense.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

I think we can start now.

From a place in the north, a tribe appears. The House of Wolves appears.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

The Flontata start cutting down trees for wood.

[under construction]

;

Wolfslime123

As the Wolves (What you call a member of the house of Wolves) explore their land, they come across another tribe. They camp in surrounding forests while they observe, tall smoke columns rise from the sky. They clearly don't mind you knowing about them.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

The Flontata craft spears and begin the hunt for a furred animal.

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Astri, as usual, were brought by stars. They started to scavenge for materials and making some tools from it, be it spears or axes...

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Wolfslime123

Some Wolves come to greet the Flontata. They bring some crops from their recent harvest.

(I think I forgot to mention that right now, we're in the beginning of spring.)
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

"est-touchei!" The Flontata say, "Wr Theny theou."

They craft some bows, for both themselves and the Wolves, offering to give some to them.

The Chief motions to the tribe, "Theis Wuteries Jei We'Flontata."

[Hello, and thank you.

We are the Flontata.]

[EDIT; or do we like.. not get language yet?]

[under construction]

;

Wolfslime123

(No, we have tribes and civilization. We need language for that. I think it was clever of you to make your language a different one, I hadn't thought of that. I like to think my tribe uses some kind of sign language for no real reason.)

The Wolves nod their thanks. They proceed to show you the way to plant and tend crops.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

The Flontata point out their bows and say "fletchlin"
They show the Wolves how to make them.

[under construction]

;

Wolfslime123

Some distant god adds a new technology for tribes to obtain. They name it "Fishing".
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Astra tribe was also there, by complete continence.

Wolfslime123

Quote from: FaressainAstra tribe was also there, by complete continence.
Spying now are we? Unfortunately, you can only be given technologies or take them after you capture a tribe.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Wolfslime123

I updated the game! (I will make sure all these updates will not remove or make large changes to any aspect of the state of your tribes.)

I added multi tiered technologies which you must acquire all of the required technology from the previous tier to unlock.

I added Currency as a Technology.

I also added Stargazing, which allows you to get any new Technology once per year as long as you have all its required Technology.
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Faressain

Quote from: Wolfslime123
Quote from: FaressainAstra tribe was also there, by complete continence.
Spying now are we? Unfortunately, you can only be given technologies or take them after you capture a tribe.
Ahem, they're not spying. That's just showing in same area by complete accident.

Karanrimé

The Flontata move on, having shown the Wolves their technology, and they start to grow some crops of their own, sending others off to hunt.

[under construction]

;

Wolfslime123

The Wolves withdraw from the area. They retreat to their homes.

(I should probably add animal husbandry soon.)
Yours Truly,
\\/\/