News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

NO "[x]"! ... LIVE!

Started by DownsGameClub, Nov 22, 2017, 08:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownsGameClub

Based on this image from twitter:

For example then changed to...
No "telephones".  Talk to each other.  Face to face only.  Write a letter.  Telegram your mom.  Pretend it's 1860.  LIVE.

You take the statement, and go back no more than 10 years.  You edit the previously said command to replace the now to the good old past.  It'll make sense once it gets started.

No "Chatzy"!  Voice chat with each other.  Email your friends.  Pretend it's 2016.  LIVE!

Wolfslime123

10/10 I don't use chatzy.

No TBGs! There is no solution to this. Warn others of the impending doom. Hope to survive until next year. PANIC!
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

objecty

2/10

No "Donald Trump as president". Be happy. Don't have a biased opinion of walls and the color orange. Pretend it's 2015. LIVE!
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

CellularData

You guys aren't doing this right
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

DownsGameClub

Guys, you take the same thing then mix it up

Take it from the top again.

objecty

what? this doesn't make sense, dgc. (i tried tho, rip)
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

DownsGameClub

So take the wifi one for example (the rules for this one are kinda stretched):
It suggested to call your mom, correct?  Well, in the 1860s, there were only telegrams, face to face conversations and telegrams as opposed to talking via a telephone.  Hence...
"No "telephones".  Talk to each other.  Face to face only.  Write a letter.  Telegram your mom.  Pretend it's 1860.  LIVE."
Now, in 100000BCE, there was most likely no writing.
"No WRITING.  Talk to each other.  Walk to your mom.  Pretend it's 100000 BCE.  LIVE."

And so on, only you can only go back 10 years to not make the game end.
make sense?

findanegg

mm ok  

No "Walkmen"! Listen to your vinyl records. Pretend it's 1976. LIVE.
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

i suggest making the time jump exponential so that we don't run out of things
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

SuperKamekArea

No modern internet
Chat with others via AOL
Email your mom
Pretend it's 2003,
LIVE
(can we go forward?)
My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)
I prefer the radium theme

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

SuperKamekArea

My website won't work because the website automatically edits protocols you type (the problem with this shows when your website doesn't support https)

Switched to google redirect page, seems to work in IE8 on Vista, but not IE6 on XP... at least I made it possible to just click 2 hyperlinks and access my website... for some reason

Byron_Inc_TBG

5/10

No COVID-19
No lockdown
No online classes
No time for the TBGs

LIVE!
eh

PkmnQ

This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain

SuperKamekArea

No Metro UI
Talk to your friends on Windows Live Messenger
email your mom with Windows Live Mail
Pretend its 2011,
LIVE.
(can we go forward? oh, and I mentioned the year of a heat wave here in America.)

Byron_Inc_TBG

6.7/10

No TBGs
No BIG TECHNOLOGY
No Scratch 3.0

Live in a forest and don't care about the rest of the civilisation.
Pretend it's 2004.

LIVE!
eh

Tymewalk

8/10 living in a forest sounds pretty good right now

NO COMPUTERS.

Realize your entire life is completely dependent on machines of varying complexities, most of which are computers.
Try to pretend it's 1993, then realize computers were already extremely prevalent in society at that point and removing computers from society would still be massively damaging.
Come to the conclusion that technological advancements are an inevitable part of society and while they can be misused, they do not impede normal something something I kind of forgot what the point was but I'm like 99% sure it doesn't matter at this point as long as I cap off the post with a meme yeah?

LIVE (in a society)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Byron_Inc_TBG

what tyme should that tymeskip to
eh

PkmnQ

NO SMF. BREAK BOTS. MAKE POSTS UNREADABLE. DELETE THE STYLING. DIE OF XSS-RELATED INJURIES. LIVE
This was a thing I tried to do, but insert mess of a sentence here. Also, I'm a vowelless neither transparent nor translucent mammal of the genus Neogale, I guess. :/ B)
The future experience must be anticipated beforehand to ensure proper expectations.
Tip: Use c͢ombining cha͊racters, because ye᷂s.
Quine list

Threads that I think should be played more (found in the Infinite Flood): link chain