News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

band name, band name (signup still open)

Started by findanegg, Oct 22, 2017, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findanegg

Quote from: the2000I go look for some basic song off of the internet to play.
1. all you come up with is out of tune nickelback sheet music written for a mandolin-ukulele duo. dang
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

the2000

Really? I thought the internet had a lot of those.

Go to TMBW.net and look for guitar tabs?
wasteof - the game of joining the game continues

<-- This is my friend dan. we are good chums
DAN FACT OF THE DAY: dan can only count to six on his hands

findanegg

Quote from: the2000Really? I thought the internet had a lot of those.

Go to TMBW.net and look for guitar tabs?
well you know. location services and all that jazz
3. you get some guitar tabs but they look pretty hard to play! like your fingers have to be crazy to withstand those crazy chords!
luckily your fingers are crazy enough to withstand said crazy chords. c7sus flat? bmaj9(b5)? pssh that's baby talk.
however it turns out there aren't any synth tabs for the songs "nasal dying death in milwaukee", "you know what, we should have been a country band", and "science is cool, also accordion" so esquire will have to improvise
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

BaconAndEggs1

Esquire feels no pressure; he's spent the majority of his synth-playing time improvising. He begins ahead of Clover, plonking his hooves in the general vicinity of the song's chord progressions*. It's becoming bashed so much that the patch goes slightly off-kilter. He doesn't seem to notice it yet.

*idk which song this is gonna be yet
Not active here anymore, but I'll revisit from time to time.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg

bump. clover your turn

the2000

Okay.
Well, try..?

(*By the way, I have no clue.)

findanegg

Quote from: the2000Okay.
Well, try..?

(*By the way, I have no clue.)
the die decides you will practice "nasal dying death in milwaukee". it's a fairly easy song with a 5 chord progression and a simple enough riff.  
5. you pretty much nail the song except for some parts where you play the wrong chord accidentally. esquire's harmonization is much worse, scoring a 1. maybe it's something to do with the patch or what but it seems he is not in his element

BaconAndEggs1

"I don't think I was in my element then," remarked Esquire, pointing out the obvious. He plonked a few keys in an effort to regain momentum before finally noticing his patch was off. "Hey, my patch is messed-up!" he growled, frustrated. "This is gonna take, like, a half-hour to get back to normal..." As he reached over to fix things up, the synthesizer tipped over and crashed on the floor.
If you need me here for any reason (e.g. updating scoreboards for games I run, questions about said games, activity required/requested in games I'm playing), ping me in the official TBGs Discord and I'll get on it ASAP.

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg

Quote from: BaconAndEggs1"I don't think I was in my element then," remarked Esquire, pointing out the obvious. He plonked a few keys in an effort to regain momentum before finally noticing his patch was off. "Hey, my patch is messed-up!" he growled, frustrated. "This is gonna take, like, a half-hour to get back to normal..." As he reached over to fix things up, the synthesizer tipped over and crashed on the floor.
roll to assess damage: 5.
eesh, this looks bad. it seems you're gonna have to replace your synth or pay top dollar for someone else to fix it. neither option will be particularly friendly to your wallet, considering you only have like 15 dollars
or you could learn a different instrument! it seems clover conveniently owns a variety of them in his house with varying degrees of difficulty to learn:
ukulele: relatively easy to learn. however, as a giraffe your hooves are not suited for the tiny fingerboard, and who ever heard of a ukelele-guitar duo?
electric bass: really easy to learn. your hooves, it seems, were made for this instrument, and it sounds great with clover's electric guitar
drum kit: kinda hard to learn. your hooves will not be a problem here, as there are special drumsticks for giraffe hooves in this universe. it is a heck of an exercise to play harder beats, though
electric guitar: pretty hard to learn. chords will be a problem for you but not notes, so you could play lead i guess?

findanegg

bunt. next person to reply is 60th post

findanegg

bunt again. 60th post goes to me i guess

the2000

Bump.

(We all know he's going to choose ukulele.)

findanegg

BaconAndEggs1

(tbh i kinda held off of posting on this because i was planning on going somewhere with the whole "synth tipped to floor" bit but that doesn't really seem to be valid in the story now)

Just chillin' out like:

findanegg