News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Project Thanatos - Multiverse Calls

Started by Faressain, Nov 14, 2017, 06:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

Preface:
A couple years ago scientist nicknamed Thanatos made the first time machine in his hideout. But it wasn't enough. He wanted to be satisfied with other worlds, other universes, expanding human influence over multiverse. However, he didn't know that his researches won't only let humans colonize multiverse. If it falls in villain's hand, he might become too strong for any human to defeat him.

Year 2020; 16th day of October. That's important day for you. You were always excited to travel into alternate versions of your Earth. Even now. You have positively passed health tests, or faked to do so. You were not given any equipment to test on you what does it do. Before that, you all got something. A important gadget, named MaUWElC (Multiverse and Universe Warping Energyless Clock). It might allow you to go into any Multiverse... But there may be many dangers waiting at you. You don't know if you land into desert, cyberjungle, Atlantis or whatever else. You also never knew what it really looks from outside.

Rules:
  • Site rules apply here too.
  • Keep in mind it's a d20 GMed RPG (even though it may go over freeform, d10, d50 etc. RPGs), with complex skill system. This is to avoid godmodding and ensure quality of this game, while also trying to be as fair as possible.
  • The advancement era of people you will meet is varied, depending on the universe where you are currently. However, you are from close future, where nothing changed at all. Maybe except of slight advancement of technology, but other than that nothing. You can't expect laser blasters in medieval realms, or commonly see steel swords in modern worlds.
  • Just in case, you're only allowed to bring anything that's not clearly a weapon with you (and does fit in your pocket).
  • Maximum of 3 people per person, and 1 of these must be main character.
  • There's different way to avoid damage/attacks. One of them is by resistance, second by dodging and third by blocking.
  • You technically can't understand other animals... That's because of due to differences on how you and animals communicate. Although it's possible for translator to mistranslate the speech, too.
  • No Powerplaying, metagaming, bunnying or cursing.
  • Your inventory space isn't infinite! Remember - You should make some sort of backpack/transport vehicle if you want to get all the items. Or dump some into some stash.
  • Stay in character!
  • Feel free to join when it doesn't affect the plot much.
  • Classes don't exist. What it means? You have full freedom of building your character!
  • I ban debating and resets. No, this isn't supposed to be reset if someone fumbled.
  • To clarify, you have freedom of going into other universes. While also bringing your items and status to another one.
  • You can learn magic, but it will be very hard, since you haven't even been born in universe with magic. Same with form shifting, using weapons that aren't similar to those from modern timeline etc. I'd like a limit of 3 to keep you from being omnipotent gods.
  • There will be more rules, so keep eyes on these.
  • If one can see or other can't see, it'll be marked with [playername](first one, two or 3 represent people): The respective text., like: You see a room, Jac: Nothing to worry about, it's perfectly safe.

Sign-up sheet:

Name:
Country of origin:
Backstory:
Personality (optional):
Other:
Items:

Group inventory:
Undistributed:
Dagger x1

Eric:
Swiss army knife, pen and paper, a compass, and a book with red cover.

Maxwell:
Black oval crystal.

Jason:
Dagger

Kristian:
A phone, 500 ml of water, three coins and a sword complete with sheath

Reyna:
Pen and paper.

Current Universe: Unknown Medieval Universe.

Notes:
Since Time Walkers and ULAIF ideas combined would give this RP, why not?
New characters will be near the group!

Character list
Universe list (may be inaccurate, as timelines will be my own interpretation unless told otherwise)
List of items by universe (may be inaccurate, as some items will be my own interpretation)
List of beings by universe (may be inaccurate, as some people or monsters, whatever will be my own interpretation
List of known magic by universe (may be inaccurate, as some magic will be my own interpretation)
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Faressain

List of Characters:
PCs (only humans from 2020 please!):
Quote from: TymewalkName: Eric Muller
Appearance: Tall, blond hair. Usually very casually dressed.
Country of origin: United States
Backstory: Eric was never really the "model student". Always getting into trouble, and finding rather... "creative" ways to get out of it. Of course, this left him in a bit of a tough spot, as he always thirsted for adventure. And when the time came to go off on the biggest scientific adventure of the century... well, how could he say no?
Personality (optional): Brave, bold, and very, very crafty.
Other: None.
Items: Swiss army knife, pen and paper, a compass, and a book with red cover.
Quote from: ChildGamerName: Jason
Appearance: Short, Jet-black hair, with a worn-useless bulletproof vest.
Country of origin: 'Murica lol
Backstory: He knew he was one of a very special race, and wanted to meet his relatives
Personality (optional): Tends to be a little over-aggressive to initial defensiveness.
Other:rethO
Items: None, I guess.
Quote from: P-CodeName: Reyna Schulz
Appearance: Short with violet hair. Normally wears casual clothes.
Country of origin: USA
Backstory: She wasn't always the type to get interested in science, but she definitely liked adventures. Reyna couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on such a journey.
Personality (optional): Impulsive and bold.
Items: Nothing more than a pen and paper.

Quote from: algmwc5Name: Kristian Goldberg/Кристиан Gулѳберг
Appearance: Standard Slavogermanic person with black hair, black eyes and a bit of facial hair
Country of origin: Laudathiudiskland
Backstory: A hacking skills CS graduate who loves engineering
Personality (optional):
Other: DO NOT give me any form of dangerous chemicals, and DO NOT let me eat any
Items: A phone, 500 ml of water, three coins and a sword complete with sheath

Quote from: Yeroc8Name: Maxwell
Appearance: He is always hiding in his shadowy black cloak, never letting anyone see him.
Country of origin: US
Backstory: Once a machine exploded near him, causing him to get really burned. Now he never lets anyone see him, and abhors all technology. However, when he found out about being able to go to another universe, he forced himself to go. He had to keep telling himself how there was surely no other way, and after this he might never have to deal with technology again. Eventually, he managed to get himself to do it, even though he was very scared.
Items: A black oval-shaped crystal, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. If you look closely, you can see all the colours of the rainbow sparkling inside it.

Quote from: Tezuka Yamikami(When can I join)
Name: Trung Ho
Appearance: Imagine Makoto from Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai, and that's Trung. Yes, he has the Gordin syndrome.
Backstory: Vietnamese who had travelled over namy countries with families since he was young. One day, while he was reading manga in America, he got sent a call saying that he has a chance to test out the new Time Machine prototype, if he does pass his test. He manages to barely pass the physical health test, and came out second place in the mental health test. The day he was going to test the time machine, he got a message that his family died during a car accident. It was at that moment, that Trung knew: If he died there, it doesn't matter anymore.
Personality: Chaotic Neutral. Oh, and also a ex-Chuunibyou.
Other: Has a love for cats, the colour purple, tsunderes, magic(even though he knows it does not exist, but he likes to chuunibyou it to reality sometimes). Is perfectly fine and not embarassed of being a Chuunibyou earlier in his life. Oh, and also likes chuunibyou girls. Just putting that out there.
Items: Swiss knife, a Credit Card tool, (Assuming we get to carry a bag) Medkit, and time travelling prototype (he thinks it's it, but it's MaUWElC)

NPCs:
Thanatos

Nothing is known about him except that he is a doctor-grade physicist, which made your travel machines... Well, prototype of these anyway, because he owns a company which does these.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Faressain

Universe database:
Quote from: Your Modern EarthEra: Clearly modern; 2020.
Inhabitants: Humanity dominant, animals common.
Landscape: Familiar to you, why not?
Description:Your universe of origin. Nothing out of ordinary, phones are extremely common, a lot of cities in there etc. In this timeline Czech was instead Germanic and named Laudathiudiskland, although the only games they have are about kings and manga still is there.
Language: Pretty much known.
Quote from: Possibly Elibean Universe.Era: Medieval, as seen by advancement of a city you just saw.
Inhabitants: Possibly similar. Humans there aren't speaking language you'd know the meaning of, though.
Landscape: Seems to be familiar to that of Medieval Earth, but other.
Description: You should really see what kind of universe it is for your eyes.
Language: Translated.
Quote from: Unknown Modern Universe.Era: Modern, -4 years.
Inhabitants: Similar, but... Somehow being somewhat other.
Landscape: Seems to be familiar to that of Modern Earth.
Description: Huh, seems too weird. And it may have more games than your world has, heh.
Language: Somewhat native.

Faressain

Item database:
MaUWElC
Full name: Multiverse and Universe Warping Energyless Clock
Function: Shows you encyclopedia of what did you all see before, acts as normal smartwatch too, with translation software downloaded in, has 4 buttons, one, big, is of obvious use, second, which is glowing, warps you into random universe, third and fourth of ambiguous ones. May be upgraded as time goes on.

Faressain

Encyclopedia of Living Beings:
Seems to be blank, due to nobody was doing the universe travel yet.

Faressain

Magic of universes:
It seems to be blank. It's because nobody went to universe where magic exists yet.

Faressain

*sighs* Really? I only want it to be alive. Seriously, I thought a lot of it.

Tymewalk

Name: Eric Muller
Backstory: Eric was never really the "model student". Always getting into trouble, and finding rather... "creative" ways to get out of it. Of course, this left him in a bit of a tough spot, as he always thirsted for adventure. And when the time came to go off on the biggest scientific adventure of the century... well, how could he say no?
Items: Swiss army knife, pen and paper, a compass, and a small blue stone.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Faressain

Quote from: TymewalkName: Eric Muller
Items: Swiss army knife, pen and paper, a compass, and a small blue stone.

Accepted. Gonna wait for two more.

Faressain

Bump...

Hey, does anyone else want to go into adventure for science? Anybody?

Karanrimé

Name: Jason
Backstory: He knew he was one of a very special race, and wanted to meet his relatives
Personality (optional): Tends to be a little over-aggressive to initial defensiveness.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Quote from: ChildGamerName: Jason

Heh, hope he won't die before the best part. Anyway, accepted.

Faressain

Not again! That's it. I'll start it in 24 hours unless someone else wants to join.

objecty

so wait this is a crossover rp where we make up our own people and you decide what fandom universes we go to?

if that's true, then that's a bit unfair, because you don't know every fandom we like so some fandoms we want to go to might not be used.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Faressain

Quote from: Beagelso wait this is a crossover rp where we make up our own people and you decide what fandom universes we go to?

if that's true, then that's a bit unfair, because you don't know every fandom we like so some fandoms we want to go to might not be used.

1. Yep, you make up REAL people, not fandom ones, and it's more of Science-fiction adventure type of crossover than all the fandom into one.
2. Nope, it's semi-randomized, I'm adding RPGs into that mix, and also it would be great for connecting everyone into all fandoms, as I'll try my best to explain all the fandoms, so knowledge won't be necessary. I'll also try commenting the fandoms you come into so you can learn more, okay?

I also will try to learn about every fandom so I won't leave you on ice :P.

Faressain

Come on, if not unite, it should be entertaining.

P-Code

Name: Reyna Schulz
Appearance: Short with violet hair. Normally wears casual clothes.
Country of origin: USA
Backstory: She wasn't always the type to get interested in science, but she definitely liked adventures. Reyna couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on such a journey.
Personality (optional): Impulsive and bold.
Items: Nothing more than a pen and paper.

Faressain

Aaaaand accepted.

Gotta start it now.

You all are after getting your first gadgets, in New York City. The screens were looking like your today's smartwatch, except for a little big bigger. On the back, there was engraving MaUWElC (Thanatos), On the front, it had normal screen. Except for that, it actually was true gadget. You definitely should check your watch.

Tymewalk

Eric firmly straps the watch onto his wrist, and immediately begins examining it. Always best to know your tools before going into the field, he thought to himself.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

P-Code

Reyna straps on the watch, trying to find out what the gadget can do. She tapped the screen a few times to see what would happen.

Faressain

Quote from: TymewalkEric firmly straps the watch onto his wrist, and immediately begins examining it. Always best to know your tools before going into the field, he thought to himself.

Quote from: P-CodeReyna straps on the watch, trying to find out what the gadget can do. She tapped the screen a few times to see what would happen.

Beside being made like any other smartwatch, having a touchscreen, it first shows you (Reyna) three folders. They are following:
Items:
Universes:
Beings:
They are all empty, but then you (Eric and Reyna) see four buttons. First one seems to be vibrating with cold neon, second one seems to be glowing with green, third seems to be bigger than other two, being the one you used to activate the touchscreen,. Seems also that yellow one is glowing stronger than green one. And fourth seems inactive now. Huh.

red herring

Name: Kristian Goldberg/Кристиан Gулѳберг
Appearance: Standard Slavogermanic person with black hair, black eyes and a bit of facial hair
Personality (optional):
Other: DO NOT give me any form of dangerous chemicals, and DO NOT let me eat any
Items: A phone, 500 ml of water and a sapphire ring
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Faressain

Quote from: algmwc5Name: Kristian Goldberg/Кристиан Gулѳберг
Personality (optional):
Items: A phone, 500 ml of water and a sapphire ring
Accepted, I guess. You start in same site as the other three, already knowing partially what it does, except for three button functions.

red herring

Kristian puts on his watch
"The leather strap seems uncomfortable
Oh well"
Then he inspects the thing
dashing through the snow
in a One Gun Open Sleigh
this is a haiku

Faressain

He sees exactly the same thing. Better just learn what do the buttons do.