News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Looper

Started by Tymewalk, Oct 13, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

You stand in the middle of Hanyou City, your weapon in hand. A giant beast has begun to attack the city, and your gang is the only one who can stop it.

Luckily, the beast doesn't pay much attention to causality, so you have the option to do a few sneaky things, should you desire...

Gameplay
In this game, you may exploit every loophole you find in the rules, provided doing so would not break the TBG Guidelines. I, the GM, may add one rule per turn for every two players in the RP.

When a rule is added, nothing that previously happened will be affected, unless the rule specifically allows it.

This RP will use a d20, with 1 being the worst and 20 being the best. Buffs and debuffs will be added or subtracted based on your current status.

Rules
Rules are added by me, the GM, as time goes on. These rules do not include the TBG Guidelines or any additional rules. Do not try to find workarounds to these, they're not meant to be broken. :lol:

0. Play fair. Don't metagame, for example.
1. Your weapon of choice while signing up can't be ridiculously overpowered, like a rocket launcher. Guns are OK though.
2. Up to two characters at a time.
3. You can sign up as many times as you want, even after dying.
4. The above sections may have to be reworded slightly in the event I forgot something major. These do not count as rules, but can not be used to fix loopholes.

Sign-Up Sheet
(Anything in italics is optional. Leave things in bold as is.)
Name:
Appearance:
Weapon of Choice:
Personality:
Hometown:
Favorite Rule:
Why do you want to destroy the beast?:

Inventory: None

Characters
None yet.

Beasts
None yet.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

joefarebrother

Name: Joe
Appearance: Glasses, brown hair... this is basically a self insert
Weapon of Choice: An indestructible gun that fires nuclear warheads (hey, you said guns are OK)
Personality: Huge nerd
Hometown: Hanyou City
Favourite Rule:
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Name: 8435.5
Appearance: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171045757/
Weapon of Choice: Loopholes.
Personality: Self insert.
Hometown:
Favorite Rules: - Yes powerplaying.
- Yes nukes.
- Yes Mary Sues.
- Yes godmoding.
- Don't be fair.
- Don't play nice.
- Everything, including chat discussion, affects the game. (Relevant chat lines will be posted here.)
- Even if you try nukes, they can backfire, killing you, or they can do nothing. Be careful!
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: because i'm bored
Inventory: A "wait () secs" code block and the Scratch program (hey, you only said the stuff in bold and this isn't bold)
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Dino

Name: Sigurd
Appearance: Blonde hair that moves easily. Fair piercing blue eyes. Tall. Straight back and head always held up high.
Weapon of Choice: Laser sword. Hey, it's not "ridiculously overpowered". Actually, I don't know any weapon called "ridiculously overpowered."
Personality: Determined. Occasionally reckless. Serious.
Hometown: Reykjavik (immigrated to Hanyou City at a young age)
Favorite Rule: Yes.
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: Because it's attacking the city, what else?
Inventory: Zero.

Karanrimé

Name: Jason
Appearance: like a normal attack heli, except with guns that fire lasers that incinerate entire planets. is covered in a diamond coating that also reflects lasers.
Weapon of Choice: the guns as mentioned above
Personality: Cold, hardset
Hometown: The Local airport
Favorite Rule: 2
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: because it's fun to kill things weaker than yourself. admit it, you liked killing that fly.

Name:
Appearance: A giaant cat with opposable thumbs and the ability to stand on its hind legs.
Weapon of Choice: Jason the Attack heli.
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: Bang bang giant spinny thingy fun
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Tymewalk

Quote from: 8435.5Name: 8435.5
Hometown:
- Yes nukes.
- Yes Mary Sues.
- Yes godmoding.
- Don't be fair.
- Don't play nice.
- Everything, including chat discussion, affects the game. (Relevant chat lines will be posted here.)
- Even if you try nukes, they can backfire, killing you, or they can do nothing. Be careful!
Inventory: A "wait () secs" code block and the Scratch program (hey, you only said the stuff in bold and this isn't bold)
Quote from: jji10dinoName: Sigurd
Appearance: Blonde hair that moves easily. Fair piercing blue eyes. Tall. Straight back and head always held up high.
Weapon of Choice: Laser sword. Hey, it's not "ridiculously overpowered". Actually, I don't know any weapon called "ridiculously overpowered."
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: Because it's attacking the city, what else?
Quote from: ChildGamerName: Jason
Appearance: like a normal attack heli, except with guns that fire lasers that incinerate entire planets. is covered in a diamond coating that also reflects lasers.
Why do you want to destroy the beast?: because it's fun to kill things weaker than yourself. admit it, you liked killing that fly.

Name:
Appearance: A giaant cat with opposable thumbs and the ability to stand on its hind legs.
All accepted. I'll be editing the sign-up sheet so you can't mess with it, but not the weapon of choice one. You still can keep your stuff though.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: 8435.5Name: 8435.5
Hometown:
- Yes nukes.
- Yes Mary Sues.
- Yes godmoding.
- Don't be fair.
- Don't play nice.
Quote from: jji10dinoName: Sigurd
Quote from: ChildGamerName: Jason

Name:
All accepted. I'll be editing the sign-up sheet so you can't mess with it, but not the weapon of choice one. You still can keep your stuff though.
So Joe isn't accepted?
also can we start
also update character sheet
also make a loophole finder leaderboard
j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

add looper to your sig + bump
j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Tymewalk

Quote from: joefarebrotherName: Joe
Appearance: Glasses, brown hair... this is basically a self insert
Weapon of Choice: An indestructible gun that fires nuclear warheads (hey, you said guns are OK)
Personality: Huge nerd
Hometown: Hanyou City
Favourite Rule:
My bad, accepted.

We can begin now. Will post updates soon.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8435.5 attacks the narrator (Tymewalk).
j u m b l e !

Tymewalk

The Beast Awakens!
A large, dragon-like creature sits in the center of the city, clawing at buildings, and breathing fire on anyone who dares to get near. Civilians run away as it smashes a couple of cars, and picks one up to use as a projectile.

The gang stands on a street in front of the beast, weapons drawn and at the ready.

What do you do?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8435.5 keeps attacking Tymewalk.
j u m b l e !

Karanrimé

Tom flies Jason and Jason fires his laser gun, incinerating the dragon.

[under construction]

;

joefarebrother

Joe fires his nuclear gun at the beast.

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Tymewalk

Beast 1, Turn 1

Quote from: 8435.58435.5 keeps attacking Tymewalk.
8435.5: Attack: 13
Tymewalk: Defend: 10

Ow, stop it! That hurts!
Quote from: ChildGamerTom flies Jason and Jason fires his laser gun, incinerating the dragon.
Jason: Attack: 1
Beast: Defend: 18

Jason stumbles and fires his laser gun, causing him and Tom to fall straight down into the asphalt. The beast, of course, is rather unfazed.
Quote from: joefarebrotherJoe fires his nuclear gun at the beast.
Joe: Attack: 20
Beast: Defend: 5

Joe successfully vanquishes the beast, irradiating the surrounding town as well. Whoopsie.

The beast, not being resistant to any form of radiation attack, obviously dies.

The dragon has been slain.

However, behind the dragon, comes a new beast - a large, hulking swamp monster, with vines hanging from every limb. In the center are two glowing eyes, all that can be made out of the figure.

New Rules
4 players, 2 new rules.
5. Attacks capable of destroying the beast in one hit are not allowed.
6. You must acquire weapons and items in a natural way, you can not just say "I summon the weapon" or something.

Dino

Sigurd gains the superpower of flight.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8435.5 keeps attacking Tymewalk using the wait () secs block until he's dead.
j u m b l e !

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

j u m b l e !

Karanrimé

TOm finds a RPG on the ground and waits.

Jason mounts more missiles into him, as well as fuel.

[under construction]

;

Tymewalk

Beast Two, Turn One

Quote from: jji10dinoSigurd gains the superpower of flight.
Sigurd: Gain Flight: 20

Sigurd gains completely controllable flight and limited telekinesis, which is fun.
Quote from: 8435.58435.5 keeps attacking Tymewalk using the wait () secs block until he's dead.
8435.5: Attack: 13
Tymewalk: Defend: 20

I smack 84 down for his insolence, sending him flying about six inches deep into the asphalt.
Quote from: ChildGamerTOm finds a RPG on the ground and waits.

Jason mounts more missiles into him, as well as fuel.
Tom: Get RPG: 16

Tom finds a nicely loaded one just lying there.

Jason: Missiles!: 14

Jason also gets missiles.

The swamp monster swings an arm out at the group, hoping to send them flying.

Beast: Attack: 15

Sigurd: Defend: 7
8435.5: Defend: 10
Tom: Defend: 15
Jason: Defend: 15
Joe: Defend: 15

Sigurd and 8435.5 are pummeled straight into the street (or in 84's case, slightly farther into the street). In doing so, Tom, Jason, and Joe are all just nearly hit, but manage to make it out safely.

New Rules
6. Trying to obtain anything unnatural (i.e, RPGs in the first battle) will fail miserably.
7. The GM is not a character, and can not be attacked.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

8435.5 attempts to hack RNG to give himself better luck.
And then persuades Tyme to repeal rule 7.
j u m b l e !

joefarebrother

Joe sets his gun to a power level that is just love enough to not kill they beast in one hit. He then repeatedly fores until the beast is dead (each shot being a separate attack).

Dino

Sigurd spawns millions of trained wolves and directs them to attack the dragon. Hey, wolves are natural, you know.