News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Twice - Chapter 1: Enter

Started by Tymewalk, Oct 01, 2017, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Twice
You wake up in a dark room, with a throbbing headache. The world is still spinning from... whatever just happened.

Come to think of it, you're not entirely sure what happened. You were going about your business, got hit by something, and then everything just... slowly faded away from you. The next thing you knew, you were awake here.

A screen turns on near the ceiling, and illuminates the room, revealing a few other confused figures as well as the bleak, green walls. A woman, rather sharply dressed, appears on the screen.

"Good evening. You may refer to me as 'Miss Janet'. You are here because we believe, despite your apparent flaws, that you can serve a new purpose under our guidance."

A light turns on over you, revealing a large metal door, and the other figures around you.

"You will be given 5 minutes to introduce yourself to one another, at which point, you will enter that room to grab your supplies. From there, your mission will be explained. Best of luck to all of you, and this is Miss Janet, signing off."

Rules
In this RP, you will sign up as a character who has died in another RP. This character must:
- be totally dead, with zero chance of revival, or from an RP which is completely dead
- be a character you signed up as, or an NPC who is in an RP you GMed
- not be from an RP where godmodding/Mary Sues/etc. are encouraged
- not be a character who was killed or was created specifically for this RP

Non-humans are allowed. Anything extremely large, small, powerful, etc. will be rejected, however. Should you have a power which is not overpowered, but needs to be controlled, your character will be restrained.

If your character was reused, and is now alive in another RP, you may use them as long as they are from the RP they died in.

Standard rules apply - respect the guidelines, no godmodding, etc. Your character should react as if they have just been pulled from their RP upon arriving, so don't make any drastic personality changes just as you start playing.

Gameplay
This RP will use a GM and a d20. Your rolls will be modified by things such as your current state (i.e, injured).

Rolls will be done for actions such as battling, searching, leaping, etc. If your action will be guaranteed to succeed or fail, or is extremely trivial (speaking to another player or walking), it won't use a roll.

Sign-Up Sheet
Name:
Appearance:
Weapon of Choice:
How did you die?:
Original RP:
Sign-Up Sheet From That RP (Optional):

Standard rules apply - respect the guidelines, no godmodding, etc.

Chapter List
Chapter 1: Enter (this post)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dark

Name: Vhalkir
Appearance: A reanimated human skeleton, standing just over six feet tall. Unhealthily thin, which is what happens when you're a skeleton. Empty eye sockets glow with a ghostly blue light. Wears tattered grey robes with a hood obscuring his face, or more accurately, lack thereof.
Weapon of Choice: His ability to shape at will any non-living materials within ten feet of him.
How did you die?: Slain for the second time by a group of piteous mortals meddling with forces beyond their comprehension.
Original RP: Shards
Other: Possesses a slow regenerative capability.

Edit: Also first
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Rekekka

Name: Ruby
Appearance: Long blonde hair that ends about the shoulder with green eyes. Wears a basic swordmaster garb with some straps on the side.
Weapon of Choice: Swords
Original RP: CQ
Sign-Up Sheet From That RP (Optional): N/A
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Tymewalk

Quote from: RekekkaTheFabulousName: Ruby
Appearance: Long blonde hair that ends about the shoulder with green eyes. Wears a basic swordmaster garb with some straps on the side.
Weapon of Choice: Swords
Sign-Up Sheet From That RP (Optional): N/A
Quote from: DarkfireName: Vhalkir
Appearance: A reanimated human skeleton, standing just over six feet tall. Unhealthily thin, which is what happens when you're a skeleton. Empty eye sockets glow with a ghostly blue light. Wears tattered grey robes with a hood obscuring his face, or more accurately, lack thereof.
Weapon of Choice: His ability to shape at will any non-living materials within ten feet of him.
How did you die?: Slain for the second time by a group of piteous mortals meddling with forces beyond their comprehension.
Other: Possesses a slow regenerative capability.

Edit: Also first
Both accepted.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Non-humans are allowed. Anything extremely large, small, powerful, etc. will be rejected, however.
not be a character who was killed or was created specifically for this RP

Hmmm... >:)

Name: Ovrin Parwed
Appearance: Grey flowing beard and moustache. Grey hair that flows down to neck. Sharp features.
Weapon of Choice: Wooden staff.
How did you die?: Never did. Has the power to travel between realms.
Original RP: Twice

...FINE

Name: Alice
Appearance: Dark brown hair is messily tied into a ponytail. Warm brown eyes. Around 5'8. Slim, without any visible muscles.
Weapon of Choice: Knives, swords and javelins. Preferably short swords.
How did you die?: Fell from platform after dealing major damage to boss.
Power: Gusting
Backstory: Found out about her power when she was an orphan begger. Later used it to steal various items by knocking them over and "helping them" to their feet and taking all their valuables in the process.
Other: Wears poor looking clothes with a cloak to help against the wind if necessary. Wields a small knife. Isn't used to wielding bigger weapons but is very good with smaller weapons such as knives, daggers or even just her bare fists.

Faressain

Wait, we had no pokemon yet!

Name: Faressain
Age: 16 (if he was a human, since the Pokemon grow faster than humans, but the age isn't clarified, he's an adult)
Appearance: That one Charizard, however he has green eyes instead and a bit longer claws than usual. One wing is assumed to be unusable (which disables Fares from flying)
Weapon of Choice: Claws, maybe fire magic (moves). Can't fly.
How did you die?: Killed in retaliation by Talessa some time after he killed Blade and he almost killed Wednesday, however it was justified (at Talessa side was that justifying, not Fare's, however).
Original RP: CoPKNN
Tweaks from old sign up: He's Charizard, not Charmander (since he evolved twice before dying).
Personality: Dominant, hates losing, patriotic... Brave and funny.
Human appearance: 1.55m high, black hair, green eyes, wears red shirt and brown jacket along with dark blue jeans and brown shoes... has phone on his pocket on his jacket just in case.
Pokémon: Charmander
Pokémon appearance: A normal Charmander.
Other: Being Pole who emigrated into USA... (Yup... why not using TBGers?) Also, not normal me.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Tymewalk

Quote from: jji10dino
Non-humans are allowed. Anything extremely large, small, powerful, etc. will be rejected, however.
not be a character who was killed or was created specifically for this RP

Hmmm... >:)

Name: Ovrin Parwed
Appearance: Grey flowing beard and moustache. Grey hair that flows down to neck. Sharp features.
Weapon of Choice: Wooden staff.
How did you die?: Never did. Has the power to travel between realms.
Original RP: Twice

...FINE

Appearance: Dark brown hair is messily tied into a ponytail. Warm brown eyes. Around 5'8. Slim, without any visible muscles.
Weapon of Choice: Knives, swords and javelins. Preferably short swords.
How did you die?: Fell from platform after dealing major damage to boss.
Power: Gusting
Backstory: Found out about her power when she was an orphan begger. Later used it to steal various items by knocking them over and "helping them" to their feet and taking all their valuables in the process.
Other: Wears poor looking clothes with a cloak to help against the wind if necessary. Wields a small knife. Isn't used to wielding bigger weapons but is very good with smaller weapons such as knives, daggers or even just her bare fists.
Permabanned for godmodding Accepted. For Alice only, silly Dino. ;)
Quote from: FaressainWait, we had no pokemon yet!

Age: 16 (if he was a human, since the Pokemon grow faster than humans, but the age isn't clarified, he's an adult)
Appearance: That one Charizard, however he has green eyes instead and a bit longer claws than usual. One wing is assumed to be unusable (which disables Fares from flying)
Weapon of Choice: Claws, maybe fire magic (moves). Can't fly.
How did you die?: Killed in retaliation by Talessa some time after he killed Blade and he almost killed Wednesday, however it was justified (at Talessa side was that justifying, not Fare's, however).
Original RP: CoPKNN
Tweaks from old sign up: He's Charizard, not Charmander (since he evolved twice before dying).
Personality: Dominant, hates losing, patriotic... Brave and funny.
Human appearance: 1.55m high, black hair, green eyes, wears red shirt and brown jacket along with dark blue jeans and brown shoes... has phone on his pocket on his jacket just in case.
Pokémon: Charmander
Pokémon appearance: A normal Charmander.
Other: Being Pole who emigrated into USA... (Yup... why not using TBGers?) Also, not normal me.
Accepted. Powers such as flight and fire-breathing will be restrained for now though.

Only need one or two more people before we begin.

Faressain

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Faressain

Tymewalk

I'll go ahead and start soon if I don't get any more sign-ups, we have enough players to force a beginning.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

Name: 8435.5
Appearance: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171045757/
Weapon of Choice: A sword.
Original RP: Determined Futility (1HP-RPG)
Defining Character Trait: Being a self-insert of 8435.5
Simple weapon: A sword
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Tymewalk

Quote from: 8435.5Name: 8435.5
Appearance: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/171045757/
Weapon of Choice: A sword.
Original RP: Determined Futility (1HP-RPG)
Defining Character Trait: Being a self-insert of 8435.5
Simple weapon: A sword
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Accepted. That should be enough players, so I'll start in just a bit.

Tymewalk

As the light shines on the five, some clattering can be heard behind the metal door. The screen remains off, probably for introductions to be given between the group.

A calm stillness sits in the air as the clattering fades, and the five are all alone together.

Dark

Vhalkir stands, pulling up the the cowl on his cloak to protect his skull from the accursed radiance. He examines the room. Resurrected again. But this time, his lord is nowhere to be seen. Who, then, cleansed his bones of the mortal's touch?

He takes stock of those in the room with him. Some sort of two-legged dragonling, two mortals, and-

Her.

Eyes blazing, Vhalkir extends a hand to collapse the roof above Alice.

Faressain

Fares woke up with him hearing the crunch... He thought at first it was some sort of afterlife... "Lydia? Is there you? Curse that Talessa who tried to save Wednesday, they can burn to death, those stupid Luxray and Eevee." But he then saw something wrong... Wait, the room! Why there's a glass thing there? He thought, still pretty mad. Then it dawned on him... A skeleton, a ball with sword and two women. Also, the skeleton's eyes were unnatural... in fact, everything was for him.

The question is - was he abducted, saved, teleported or whatever?

He then saw the roof going to collapse at top of Alice... Eh, not worth the fire... He pretty much was surprised... he was the ONLY one who was any sort of creature there. That ball or skeleton which seems like a human's one when they rot away didn't count for him enough to be creatures. Yet still, after he noticed he's somewhat not alone, decided finally to speak up normally, not by curses. "Urk, where in the world am I at all?"

(P.S. Does every other man just hear growls and hisses? Or do Fares get his talk translated?)

Tymewalk

Quote from: DarkfireVhalkir stands, pulling up the the cowl on his cloak to protect his skull from the accursed radiance. He examines the room. Resurrected again. But this time, his lord is nowhere to be seen. Who, then, cleansed his bones of the mortal's touch?

He takes stock of those in the room with him. Some sort of two-legged dragonling, two mortals, and-

Her.

Eyes blazing, Vhalkir extends a hand to collapse the roof above Alice.
Vhalkir extends his hand, but to his surprise, nothing happens. The screen turns on, and Miss Janet appears on it once again.

"I see you've already found the restraints. You know, I wasn't in favor of having them." Miss Janet says, with a grimace on her face. "But clearly, they're necessary to keep you from killing one another right off the bat."

She then turns, and picks up a large tablet, with everyone's names on it. "This panel controls your collars. I can give you back your powers, but I'm only going to do that if you're good. Abuse your power, and, well..." She clicks Vhalkir's name, slides a switch, and the screen turns red. "Let's just say these buttons are a little less friendly."

She turns the tablet off, and sets it down to the side. "Now," she says, turning so she faces the entire group. "Can we all get along? Or will I have to use the red buttons?"
Quote from: Faressain(P.S. Does every other man just hear growls and hisses? Or do Fares get his talk translated?)
(Yep, Faressain gets translation, it's a nice feature of that collar.)

Rekekka

Where am I? This isn't Elibe... Reina looks at the other figures to get a better analysis on them Maybe they are worthy of my blade? I do need to better myself after all...
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Karanrimé

Name: Kate Elliot
Appearance: Addressed in other signup
Weapon of Choice: Addressed in other signup
How did you die?: Blasted by tons of ice, wasn't that a formetr party member or something?
Name: Kate "Rapunzel" Elliot
Class: Nomad
Looks: Long blond hair that touches the ground when she's on her horse. It flows in the wind as she starts shooting people.
Personality: She is very sassy, preferring to be at the lead of everything.
Other: Accident prone, given her hair is so long.
Items: A bow. An extremely basic fire tome, presumably for lighting arrowheads.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Dino

Alice stares at Vhalkir. He seems familiar som- oh right. He had been one of the skeletons in a dungeon. Alice stares at his blazing blue eyes that put apologising right off the cards. Still, it's worth a shot, right?

Alice closer to Vhalkir. Not in arms reach or even jump reach, but close enough that he would know who she was talking to. "Uh, sorry about the death."

Faressain

"Err... excuse me, but... Who are you at all!? You all seem weird to me. Care to explain?" Fares goes closer to others.

Dark

"WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?"

Vhalkir takes note of Alice.

"THE APOLOGY OF A MORTAL IS OF NO WORTH TO ME."

Faressain

Fares sighed, feeling just ignored... "IS ANYONE GOING TO EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW!?!?" He shouted loudly, like he tried to get a reply from anyone from his clan... if they were there...

Dark

Vhalkir looks to Fares. "I KNOW AS LITTLE AS YE, DRAGONLING. DISTURB US NOT WITH THY ROAR."

Faressain

Fares looked a little confused by this wording... "I don't really speak old english... Whatever... We should have introduced... but who would go first?" Fares looked at others... "Well, most of people call m- err, called me Faressain. And the hell is the dragonling? Care to explain? I'm clearly Charizard."

Dark

Vhalkir looks at Fares. "ARE YE FARESSAIN OR CHARIZARD?"