News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Shards of Power

Started by Dark, Feb 28, 2017, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark

Tyl: 20 + 2(talisman)

Tyl drops Kyle's gear and her talisman into Aria's knapsack. She then Rends out a two-story bunker, complete with carved furniture, statues of herself, and tables with decks of stone playing cards.

The lich looks skeptical.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Dino

Aria puts the items from the chest inside her bag as well before slinging the bag over a shoulder and lifting Plua. "I think we're all done." She looks at the finished bunker and the statues of Tyl. "A bit vain, no?"

Dark

Aria moves the shield and healing potions into the chest. She reaches out and picks up one of the golden talismans.

The talisman reacts with the ring Aria is wearing, launching her backwards. She connects painfully with the purple barrier, snapping ribs and an armbone. Her head feels light from her injuries.

Dino

"What... what just happened?" Aria groans, rubbing her head as she sits up.

Fishmael

Tyl puts her current Talisman in her pocket and continues putting the loot in the bag one at a time. "Need a potion?" She asks Aria, holding one out to her. "We should be hurrying."
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Dark

Tyl finishes transferring the loot to the bag, leaving only the runes behind to restrain the being.

Dino

"Thanks." Aria takes the handed potion and drinks it until the most serious of her injuries are gone. "We need to give one of these to Lloyd and Plua too."

Dark

Aria swallows the contents of the vial.

Aria: Chest injured, leg injured

Fishmael

Tyl hands out those potions, then.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dino

Aria lifts Plua, wincing as the extra weight presses down on her injured leg. "Lloyd, let's go." She turns to the lich. "Please get inside the bunker."

Rekekka

Reina catches the drift that everyone is leaving and decides to follow them out of the cave, not interested in playing goldfish.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Dark

Tyl hands a potion to Lloyd, but finds Plua rather cold to her offering.

Aria lifts Plua. She feels very cold to the touch, and her skin is a dark grey. There is a hole in her armour directly above her heart.

The lich nods. It and the skeleton descend to the bunker, followed by a wisp of what looks like smoke.

Fishmael

With all the loot accounted for, Tyl gets ready to depart whenever the others do.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dino

Aria moves towards the exit of the room. "Let's go," she repeats.

Fishmael

Tyl Rends the walls of the cavern, to cause it to collapse before they take their leave.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

The party leaves the room behind, returning to the hallway through which they entered. Standing in the doorway, Tyl raises her arms.

Cracks spread through the roof as key structural zones disintegrate under her magic. The cavern rumbles, stones falling from the roof. For the first time, the chained being makes a sound, a deep, terrifying roar, muffled through the water and magic barrier. As the roof begins to collapse, Tyl can just barely make out one more small chain, sprouting from the pillar to wrap around the revenant.

The water pouring from the hole in the wall increases in ferocity. Massive chunks of rock fall from the ceiling, and a cloud of dust and spray obscure the view.

The party retreats as the cave crumbles, the tunnel behind them slowly caving in, erasing any sign of the revenant's existence.

---

The party steps out at last into daylight. The shape of the surrounding dunes have changed with the collapse of the caverns, and just as the Magi exit, the boulder concealing the entrance falls, sealing the caves completely.

As soon as the sunlight strikes Plua's face, her eyes snap open, and she convulses like a captured animal. Her form seems to flicker, turning to gray mist, and she falls through Aria's arms, leaving her holding Plua's set of armour. Plua lies on the ground, shivering, eyes blinking rapidly. Above her heart, a grey streak like the scar of a battlewound can be seen.

Dark

Plua awakens.

The sun is on her face. It burns, like hot coals. Not the heat, but the light.

Her armour is gone, and she feels lighter than before she put it on. Her hands are ashen grey, as is the rest of the skin. A long grey mark lies over her heart like a scar, and her body at times seems to flicker between flesh and smoke.

The party, looking at Plua, feel a faint sense of fear emanating from her, like a far weaker version of the revenant's terror.

Reina's firelight, try as she might to keep it alive, is extinguished and does not return.

Rekekka

"Well, that was.... something." Reina saysstill wondering what in the hay happened. "Well, what's done is done I assume. I shall take my leave then."
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."

Dino

"Wait, why are you leaving now?"

Rekekka

"We have gone through the ruins, right?" Reina says, "I have served my duty then."
"Go to Brazil."

Dino

"You said you were an adventurer. You appreciate loot. There will be plenty more loot where we're going." Aria says.

Rekekka

"You mean lead us into another death trap? Your group keeps on rushing into danger, and from what i've seen, you seem to gather up a lot of trouble. I swear this was not as chaotic when I worked alone."
"Go to Brazil."

Dino

"And of course, there is the small thing that I won't have to kill you if you come with us." Aria says casually.

Rekekka

"Now we're heading towards death threats?" Reina says, shocked, "I hekped you, and this is how you are going to treat me?" I did what I needed to do, but from what ive seen, if I stick with you guys around long enough, it just might end up be the last breath I draw!"
"Go to Brazil."

Dino

"I'm not heading towards death threats, I'm just saying what may need to be done. I don't want everyone and their dog to know about us and I don't trust you enough to stay silent."