News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Yay Ice Cream - Chapter 1: Magical Gathering of Fun and Candy

Started by Tymewalk, Aug 27, 2017, 06:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Long ago, there existed the legendary Ice Cream Buffet, from which the peoples of the land of Coldica would come together to gather their ice cream...

But when the ice cream ran out, the community fragmented, splitting into several tribes. Each tribe learned to like its own flavor, and began to harness its energy.

Now, in a time of flavor tensions, the leaders of Coldica have called a grand exposition in the capital of the region, Sweetsia, for each tribe to show their skills.

The old tales say that there exists a refill for the buffet in the mountains of Iceboxland, but surely, that's just a tall tale they made up to give hope in a time of war, right?

...right?

----------------------------------

Flavor Powers
Vanilla: The purest of the flavors, showing how it truly should be. You can heal people, eliminate curses, and be the shining beacon of light the world needs you to be. (Aspect: Light)
Chocolate: Nothing's better than a solid chunk of chocolate to brighten up your day. Being grounded, you can shape the earth into walls for protection, or spikes for offense.
Strawberry: With wholesome fruits, your flavor goes unmatched when it comes to being down-to-earth. You can cause the flowers to bloom, the vines to twist at your command, and you have the ability to manipulate some animals.
Mint: The coldest of the flavors, being crisp and cool, just like the ice its users can control. From freezing enemies to cooling down hot metals, it's clear no other flavor comes close in terms of coolness.
Caramel: Fluid like the candy itself, commanders of the Caramel flavor are masters of speed and agility. Dodging, leaping, and navigating tough spaces are all second nature to these villagers.
Candy: What's wrong with some sweet treats in your ice cream? These master chefs take full advantage of their ability, taking utensils like ladles and pots and having them consistently double as weapons. Their hardened, flavorful projectiles of choice vary, but two things are for sure - that they are unmatched in aim, and that they make a real fine lunch, don'tcha know it?

(This is not a solid list of abilities, this is just a general genre. For example, a Vanilla player would be able to attack with a bolt of light, but would not be able to freeze enemies.)

Playstyle
This RP will use a d20 system, in which 1 is the worst roll, and 20 is the best. This RP will have a GM (me), although you can still interact with other players while waiting for a turn.

<4 is usually a fail, and >16 is usually a success, depending on any bonuses (i.e, from injuries or items) and what the roll specifically is.

Battles are like this:

Quote from: BobI attack the monster in the face.
Quote from: TymewalkBob: Attack: 1d20 = 18
Monster: Defend: 1d20 = 5

The monster is brutally slashed across its eye, causing it to flinch in pain.

Monster: Attack: 1d20 = 7 - 2 (eye injury) = 5
Bob: Defend: 1d20 = 16

It tries to weakly flail at you, however, it is partially blinded, and ends up striking a large rock next to you.

Name:
Appearance:
Flavor (influences abilities):
This section is optional. You may fill it out if you wish, you may leave it out, or you may fill out parts of it.
Personality:
Favorite Use of Abilities:
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.
Inventory: None

--------------------------

Live Characters
Quote from: alexphanName: Rudy
Appearance: Pale skin, short, curly hair, hazel eyes, and very tall.
Flavor (influences abilities): Chocolate
Personality: Really bold, but reckless at the same time. Always likes to stay organized, but tends not to anyway.
Favorite Use of Abilities: Chocolate spikes
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.

Deceased Characters
None yet, thankfully.

Chapter List
Chapter 1: Magical Gathering of Fun and Candy - (this post)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Alex The JPEG

Name: Rudy
Personality: Really bold, but reckless at the same time. Always likes to stay organized, but tends not to anyway.
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Tymewalk

Quote from: alexphanName: Rudy
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.
Accepted. Keep in mind you can't make chocolate spikes unless the ground is actually made of chocolate, though. (Once we find Candyland, though... :P)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Alex The JPEG

Quote from: TymewalkAccepted. Keep in mind you can't make chocolate spikes unless the ground is actually made of chocolate, though. (Once we find Candyland, though... :P)
Alright. How many more members until we start?
Check out my GitHub! You might find some neat stuff there!

POST PROGRESS (updated 12/15/2020)
██████░░░░ 0 - 10,000
░░░░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 7,000
███░░░░░░░ 6,000 - 6,100

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

I feel like this is going to drop the cheerful facade or be serious.
j u m b l e !

Currently listening to: Lemaitre - 1:18

Tymewalk

Quote from: alexphan
Quote from: TymewalkAccepted. Keep in mind you can't make chocolate spikes unless the ground is actually made of chocolate, though. (Once we find Candyland, though... :P)
I'd say about 3-5. We don't want everyone getting killed with no backup instantly :P

Sign-ups will still be open afterwards, though. The only time someone wouldn't be able to join would be a big dungeon or a battle (they'd be waitlisted).
Quote from: 8435.5I feel like this is going to drop the cheerful facade or be serious.
What's wrong with a serious RP? :P

In all seriousness (no pun intended) though, I don't see how it can't be both. It's gonna have serious parts, but also cheerful parts as well, like pretty much any other RP.

Dino

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: alexphan
I'd say about 3-5. We don't want everyone getting killed with no backup instantly :P

Sign-ups will still be open in the meantime, though.
Quote from: 8435.5I feel like this is going to drop the cheerful facade or be serious.
What's wrong with a serious RP? :P

In all seriousness (no pun intended) though, I don't see how it can't be both. It's gonna have serious parts, but also cheerful parts as well, like pretty much any other RP.

Tymewalk

Quote from: jji10dino
Pretty much my exact feeling on a lot of things like this, haha

Tymewalk

Bump.

I'll start when we get 5 players, maybe 4 if there aren't enough people.

Faressain

Name: Vikarite
Appearance: He has appearance of the rouge, with all the caramel-coloured clothing, hair and eyes.
Flavor (influences abilities): Caramel
This section is optional. You may fill it out if you wish, you may leave it out, or you may fill out parts of it.
Personality: Secretive.
Favorite Use of Abilities: Dodging and stealth kills
Notes: Possibly lone wolf, possibly a good teammate.
Please leave this as-is.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

findanegg

Name: osny
Appearance: short and small
Flavor (influences abilities):neapolitan
She/they, likes collecting Stamps and playing runescape. Veteran of the Sandwich War.

Tymewalk

Quote from: FaressainName: Vikarite
Appearance: He has appearance of the rouge, with all the caramel-coloured clothing, hair and eyes.
Personality: Secretive.
Favorite Use of Abilities: Dodging and stealth kills
Notes: Possibly lone wolf, possibly a good teammate.
Please leave this as-is.
Accepted. Will begin when I get 3 more players.
Quote from: YouFindYourselfInJailName: osny
Appearance: short and small
Flavor (influences abilities):neapolitan
Neapolitan isn't a flavor, sadly. You have to choose one from the list.

Tymewalk

SpicyMeatball

previously known as Floofy

SpicyMeatball

Tymewalk

Quote from: FloofyShould i join as mint, or caramel?
I'd suggest mint if you're going for simplicity, cold abilities are pretty fun. If you want to be fast, jump far, and dodge lots of stuff though, you'll want caramel. (Not that picking mint makes you a human target. :P)

SpicyMeatball

Quote from: Tymewalk
Quote from: FloofyShould i join as mint, or caramel?
I'd suggest mint if you're going for simplicity, cold abilities are pretty fun. If you want to be fast, jump far, and dodge lots of stuff though, you'll want caramel. (Not that picking mint makes you a human target. :P)
Well, mint is a good flavor, so i guess i will be mint.

Tymewalk

Wolfslime123

Name: Jim
Appearance: Like an average member of his tribe.
Flavor (influences abilities): Strawberry
Personality: Down to earth
Favorite Use of Abilities:controlling animals and wrapping enemies in vines
Notes:
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Tymewalk

Quote from: Wolfslime123Name: Jim
Appearance: Like an average member of his tribe.
Flavor (influences abilities): Strawberry
Personality: Down to earth
Favorite Use of Abilities:controlling animals and wrapping enemies in vines
Notes:
Accepted.
Quote from: Wolfslime123Personality: Down to earth
Strawberry: With wholesome fruits, your flavor goes unmatched when it comes to being down-to-earth.
hehe

Tymewalk

Bump. Still waiting on 2 more players, then we can begin.

Ian123asd

Name: Santos
Appearance: A man with a brown jacket, yellow eyes, and gray jeans.
Personality: Determined, and Fun-loving
Favorite Use of Abilities: Speed
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.
Choco ain't the only thing loco! :D

Are you a fan of Sonic The Hedgehog? Then check out my RP, Sonic Chaos Stars!

Tymewalk

Quote from: Ian123asdName: Santos
Appearance: A man with a brown jacket, yellow eyes, and gray jeans.
Personality: Determined, and Fun-loving
Favorite Use of Abilities: Speed
Notes:
Please leave this as-is.
Accepted.

One more player should do it, assuming everyone else is ready.