News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Into The Depths

Started by Tymewalk, Sep 09, 2017, 09:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Into the Depths
Outside the town, there is a large, mysterious cave. It's become the subject of several urban legends - monsters, spirits, and what have you. One night, you go out with a group of friends, to finally take a look at what's in there, once and for all.

So what's in the cave? Clearly, a bunch of loose rocks. As everyone steps in, the rocks tumble down, causing a cave-in. The ground becomes unsteady and cracks, knocking some people out as the world fades to black.

When you finally come to, you find yourself sitting in a nearly pristine, white hallway, surrounded by everyone else. It branches off to the left, the right, and straight ahead. Looking up doesn't reveal much, other than a dislodged ceiling tile.

As confusing as this all seems, there are only two real questions at this point. What is this place, and how do you get out?

Gameplay
This RP is GMed, and will use a d10. 1 is the absolute worst roll, nearly guaranteed to fail, and 10 is the absolute best roll, which succeeds as close to perfect as possible. Rolls can be modified by your environment, your current ailments, what you're using, etc.

You may have only one character at a time, but as long as sign-ups are open, you may make as many as you wish. Sign-ups will be open for the most part, with very few exceptions (i.e, large battles). You may still apply while sign-ups are closed. If you are accepted, you will go on the waitlist, and you will be added into the game once sign-ups are open again.

I'll be posting turns when enough people have actions in, or when everyone in a certain group does their action. For example, if Suzy is far away from the Big Bad Boss, I don't need to wait for her to submit her action to update a turn. But if Alice is right next to it, I'll be waiting to make a turn for the BBB until she submits her action.

Character List
Living
Quote from: jji10dinoName: Charles
Appearance: 184cm. Slender and lithe. Dirty blonde hair. Usually wears a grayscale coloured tv shirt with dark blue jeans. Green eyes. Scar on nose from fight he got into a few years back.
Inventory: Nothing yet
Current Armor: Nothing yet
Current Weapon(s): Nothing yet
Personality: Not afraid to take responsibility. Bold and not afraid to say what he thinks. Strong believer in his ideals. Realist. Will not tolerate stupidity.
Notes/Other: Plays various sports.
Quote from: Wolfslime123Name:Jim
Appearance: It doesn't matter. The appearance is almost never mentioned.
Inventory: Nothing
Current Armor: Nothing
Current Weapon(s): Nothing
Quote from: ChildGamerName: [redacted]
Appearance: Same as normal (Green shirt, Blue Jeans, Folded down Knee-High boots)
Personality: Tends to not enjoy it when people think he's wrong when he's actually right, Analytical, not a real go-getter, though.
Notes/Other: Self insert
Quote from: DarkfireName: Gale Thomas Rand
Appearance: Six feet and one inch tall. One hundred and forty-five pounds in weight. Slender, with light, slightly tanned skin. Short, ruffled, dirty blonde hair. Clean-shaven. Green eyes, high cheekbones, thin mouth, and a small scar on his jaw from a biking incident. Usually wears gray clothes, particularly track pants, t-shirts, sneakers, and light hoodies. Unremarkable analog watch on his left wrist.
Personality: Can be quite stubborn, but is friendly nonetheless. Avoids risks and gambles whenever possible, and prefers the safe option when given a choice. Easily trusting, always seeing the best in people.
Notes/Other: Enjoys classical music.
Quote from: frishyName: Delpha
Appearance: Not exactly anything worth noting. Rather average in all but a somewhat slouched posture.
Personality: Mostly very tired. Feels disappointed at the actions of others a lot of the time, but is normally too tired to actually do anything about it.
Notes/Other:
Quote from: FloofyName: Liam
Appearance: Black hair that's kinda swooshed to the side, and the top is dyed bright blue, fair skin, blue eyes, blue and gray and black flannel, tan/brown jeans, black converse
Personality: Laid back and easy going
Notes/Other: eh i just copied like every male human role ive ever had but
Quote from: FaressainName: Trebonth
Appearance: A black hoodie and T-shirt, light-blue jeans-alike trousers, black shoes and glasses, clock on the right arm, dark hair, green eyes and really whitish skin.
Personality: On one side, shy, intelligent, a little stubborn, but on flipside, if he's angered, god shall have mercy over your own soul.
Notes/Other: That's me, Faressain.

Dead
None yet, thank goodness.

Waitlist
None yet. Characters who sign up during a period where sign-ups are closed go here until they're open again.

Sign-Up Sheet
(Items in italics are optional. Please leave the items in bold as they are.)
(Sign-ups are currently open.)

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Notes/Other:
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Shpore

I probably won't join but kinda interesting

Tymewalk

Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Name: Charles
Appearance: 184cm. Slender and lithe. Dirty blonde hair. Usually wears a grayscale coloured tv shirt with dark blue jeans. Green eyes. Scar on nose from fight he got into a few years back.
Personality: Not afraid to take responsibility. Bold and not afraid to say what he thinks. Strong believer in his ideals. Realist. Will not tolerate stupidity.
Notes/Other: Plays various sports.

I'm a rebel. ;)

Tymewalk

Quote from: jji10dinoName: Charles
Appearance: 184cm. Slender and lithe. Dirty blonde hair.
Personality: Not afraid to take responsibility. Bold and not afraid to say what he thinks. Strong believer in his ideals. Realist.
Notes/Other: :rehtO\setoN

I'm a rebel. ;)
Accepted. I'll start when we have enough players.

Wolfslime123

Name:Jim
Yours Truly,
\\/\/

Karanrimé

Name: [redacted]
Appearance: Same as normal (Green shirt, Blue Jeans, Folded down Knee-High boots)
Personality: Tends to not enjoy it when people think he's wrong when he's actually right, Analytical, not a real go-getter, though.
The human(?) previously known on this site as ChildGamer

[under construction]

;

Dark

Name: Gale Thomas Rand
Appearance: Six feet and one inch tall. One hundred and forty-five pounds in weight. Slender, with light, slightly tanned skin. Short, ruffled, dirty blonde hair. Clean-shaven. Green eyes, high cheekbones, thin mouth, and a small scar on his jaw from a biking incident. Usually wears gray clothes, particularly track pants, t-shirts, sneakers, and light hoodies. Unremarkable analog watch on his left wrist.
Personality: Can be quite stubborn, but is friendly nonetheless. Avoids risks and gambles whenever possible, and prefers the safe option when given a choice. Easily trusting, always seeing the best in people.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Fishmael

Name: Delpha
Appearance: Not exactly anything worth noting. Rather average in all but a somewhat slouched posture.
Personality: Mostly very tired. Feels disappointed at the actions of others a lot of the time, but is normally too tired to actually do anything about it.
Notes/Other:
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Tymewalk

Quote from: Wolfslime123Name:Jim
Appearance actually will matter to some degree, so I suggest you add one. Other than that, accepted.
Quote from: ChildGamerName: [redacted]
You will need a name, just pick one though (unless you wanna be referred to as CG.)
Quote from: DarkfireName: Gale Thomas Rand
Quote from: frishyName: Delpha
Notes/Other:
Both accepted.

SpicyMeatball

I'm terrible at these kind of things but here we go

Name: Liam
Appearance: Black hair that's kinda swooshed to the side, and the top is dyed bright blue, fair skin, blue eyes, blue and gray and black flannel, tan/brown jeans, black converse
previously known as Floofy

Tymewalk

Quote from: FloofyI'm terrible at these kind of things but here we go

Name: Liam
Accepted.

Karanrimé

[under construction]

;

Faressain

Name: Trebonth
Appearance: A black hoodie and T-shirt, light-blue jeans-alike trousers, black shoes and glasses, clock on the right arm, dark hair, green eyes and really whitish skin.
Personality: On one side, shy, intelligent, a little stubborn, but on flipside, if he's angered, god shall have mercy over your own soul.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Tymewalk

Quote from: ChildGamer[I'm just CG.]
Cool.
Quote from: FaressainName: Trebonth
Accepted. 8 people should be enough, I'll write up the starting post in a bit.

Tymewalk

After spending who knows how long asleep, everyone wakes up, and finds themselves in a bright white hallway. Branching off to the left, right, and straight ahead, with some doors along each one, the hallway doesn't seem to have any significant markers.

You try looking around for a sign, a map, or something to tell you where you are, but you find nothing of the sort. Everyone around you seems to be confused as well.

With not a single person in sight, aside from your group, you're free to do just about whatever. You can try exploring the facility, or try to get out. So at this point, there is only one question.

What do you do?

Karanrimé

I greet the others.

"Hey, I'm CG."

[under construction]

;

Faressain

"Ahem, I'm Tre- ah, ah chooo!" I snoozed... Oops. "I'm Trebonth anyway. Don't mind that 'fail'." I commented my own sneeze. "Should we go?"

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Dark

"My head hurts," Gale groans, rubbing his temples and wincing. "What happened?"

Dino

Charles stares around from his position, prone on the floor, turning his head slightly before wincing. "Your guess is as good as mine." He sits up and looks around again. "Looks like a cave-in." He says, glancing at the pile of rocks that sit where the entrance used to be.

Dark

"Well...crap." Gale mutters, heading over to the rock pile. "You want to help me try and move these?"

Dino

"Sure. Not sure if it'll be much help though." Charles replies, wincing and rubbing the back of his head as he stands up.

Dark

Gale chooses a rock at random and sets his hands underneath it, waiting until Charles is in position before attempting to lift it.

Dino

Charles staggers a few steps before taking a deep breath and walking normally to Gale. He puts his hands around the rock that Gale is touching. "3. 2. 1." He quickly pulls the rock to the side.

Faressain

I decided to help, despite not being so muscular, by trying to lift smaller rocks. Maybe this would be useful.