News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Lockdown - Pokémon/Fakemon RPG - Chapter 1: Waking Up

Started by Tymewalk, Jul 31, 2017, 10:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tymewalk

Lockdown

4 months...

That's how long it's been since you were kidnapped. Taken from your home, your town, your life... and put here, in this box.
This pristine, white box. No matter what you do, you can't escape. The scientists take you out every so often, run some tests, and then it's back in this white box. The collar around you prevents you from using any of your abilities, so trying is a moot point. The walls are solid, and there's nothing to pry the door open with. At this point, all that's left to do is wait...

One day, you wake up, your door opens, and yet, nobody is there. Suddenly, the lights flicker, the ground shakes, and you hear a voice through the PA system.

The facility is now on lockdown. Please proceed immediately to a Designated Safety Zone, and prepare for potential emergency evacuation.

You don't know why, you don't know how. But you do know one thing.

This is your chance to escape the white box.

Rules
0) Site rules apply.
Please follow the TBG guidelines.
1) No godmodding/powerplaying/Mary Sues/metagaming/etc.
The role of the GM will partially keep this balanced, but your character shouldn't be so powerful that they predict all the moves, dodge them perfectly, then destroy all the enemies in one blow.
2) Please ship sensibly.
Shipping is still very much allowed, just don't make the RP entirely about shipping.
3) You may have up to three characters.
This is so there aren't so many characters that the RP becomes completely insane and unmanageable.
4) You can apply as a Pokémon or Fakemon.
Humans are NPCs only, sorry.
5) Legendary or extremely strong Pokémon or Fakemon will be rejected.
You can apply again afterwards, however.

How does this RP work?
This RP is a GMed RP, meaning that a central manager (me, the GM) controls the NPCs, results of actions such as attacks, and the like. This helps prevent godmodding, as nobody can decide how strong their attacks or another player's are.

Dice rolls will be used in this RP, with a d20 system. 1 fails hilariously, 2 is the worst, 10 is average, 19 is the best, and 20 is an overshoot (meaning you end up performing the action too strongly.) Buffs or debuffs (adding or subtracting to your roll) will also be given based on your status (injured, for example).

Sign-Up Sheet
Name:
Pokémon/Fakemon Species:
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes):
Personality:
Other:

Character List
Quote from: jji10dinoName: Grov
Gender (if any): M
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Graveler
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Normal graveler but with a permanent scowl.
Personality: Surly, angry and wholly unlikable.
Other: Dementia led to forgetting all moves except self-destruct. His health is also really bad so next time he uses that move..; no bueno.
Quote from: epicanna27Name: bill
Gender (if any): m
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: machoke
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): has clothes
Personality: salty
Other: nah
Quote from: FaressainName: Nehiri
Gender (if any): Male
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Sandshrew (Normal)
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Very battered Normal Sandshrew over course of experiments.
Personality: Almost wrecked emotionally, but if someone would care for him... who knows if that guy will be nice?
Other: (I can see what you did here)

Name: Talessa
Gender (if any): Female
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Luxray
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Pretty much your everyday normal Luxray with scratches from fights over her upper and lower body, head and all 4 legs.
Personality: Vengeful, if you anger her too much, determined, however friendly if you know her for long enough.
Other:

Name: John Trebonth
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Snivy
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): A Shiny Snivy, with an additional band on his arm, while having big scar over his body, presumably from something sharp hitting him.
Personality: Explosive, hyperactive, inattentive (can't pay attention for too much time), yet lazy. Determined, creative and nerdy. Obviously also trigger-happy.
Other: Can't remember anything he knew before, due to past memory drainage. Only his collar has his name engraved on it.
Quote from: FloofyName: Troy
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Aron
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): just a normal aron i guess
Personality: Modest, very honest, protective, not an [small bork] but not a goodie-two-shoes either
Quote from: DarkfireName: Crisius
Pokémon/Fakemon Species: Arthabask
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): http://static.monstermmorpg.com/images/monsters-images-300-300/1418-Arthabask.png
Lost his claw necklace somewhere.
Personality: To be elucidated at a later date
Other: </signup>
Quote from: Ash_TBGName: Ash
Species: Arcanine
Appearance: Normal
Personality: Self-centered
Other: Sarcastic

Chapter List
Chapter 1: Waking Up: (this post)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Dino

Name: Grov
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Normal graveler but with a permanent scowl.
Other: Dementia led to forgetting all moves except self-destruct. His health is also really bad so next time he uses that move..; no bueno.

Tymewalk

Quote from: jji10dinoName: Grov
Accepted. Try not to hurt yourself. :P
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

CellularData

Name: bill
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

Faressain

Name: Nehiri
Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Very battered Normal Sandshrew over course of experiments.
Personality: Almost wrecked emotionally, but if someone would care for him... who knows if that guy will be nice?

Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): Pretty much your everyday normal Luxray with scratches from fights over her upper and lower body, head and all 4 legs.
Personality: Vengeful, if you anger her too much, determined, however friendly if you know her for long enough.
Other:

Appearance (for Fakemon, or other notes): A Shiny Snivy, with an additional band on his arm, while having big scar over his body, presumably from something sharp hitting him.
Personality: Explosive, hyperactive, inattentive (can't pay attention for too much time), yet lazy. Determined, creative and nerdy. Obviously also trigger-happy.
Other: Can't remember anything he knew before, due to past memory drainage. Only his collar has his name engraved on it.
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Tymewalk

Quote from: FaressainName: Nehiri

Other:

Both All accepted. We can begin the RP now.

(Anyone else who joins will be placed nearby.)

Faressain

~Starting now.

Oooow... what... happened... where... I... am?

What.... ring....?

-----

Talessa thought meanwhile: "Finally, no more tortures. Ugh, how much I was hurt anyway?" Talessa looked at her body... Yeah, she couldn't objectively see. She decided to get out of here.

-----

Meanwhile Nehiri, who was also Sandshrew, was broken... Alone, tired.... The alarm was only thing which made him happy at all.

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Tymewalk

The five stand in their respective cells, staring out at the room in front of them. They can clearly see one another, as well as some other, similar cells.

The lights briefly flicker as another shockwave hits the ground, causing some to stumble and lose their balance.

For some, this is a shot at escaping. For others, it's a group to lead. And for a few, it's a chance to get some answers. But no matter what their ambitions are, one thing is certain for everyone.

It's an opportunity.

Faressain

Talessa decided to open her cell from inside... She saw a Snivy which apparently couldn't remember anything, an old Graveller, a heartbroken Sandshrew and somehow clothed Machoke. "Ah darnit, guess I'll need to open their cells too. Once I break though mine- wait, oh, they're open?" Talessa gotten out and decided to drag Snivy outside.

---

What... light... ow..., stood... up... Ugh.... can't... remember...

---

Nehiri got out on his own out the Cage, somewhat happy because he's free now.

Tymewalk

Quote from: FaressainTalessa decided to open her cell from inside... She saw a Snivy which apparently couldn't remember anything, an old Graveller, a heartbroken Sandshrew and somehow clothed Machoke. "Ah darnit, guess I'll need to open their cells too. Once I break though mine- wait, oh, they're open?" Talessa gotten out and decided to drag Snivy outside.
Talessa: Break John Trebonth's Restraints: 1d20 = 12

Talessa snaps the ropes holding John down, and drags him out into the room.

Quote from: FaressainNehiri got out on his own out the Cage, somewhat happy because he's free now.
The room outside doesn't look much better than the cell, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

objecty

Quote from: Tymewalk3) Please ship sensibly.
welp I'm outta here
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Tymewalk

Quote from: Beagel
Quote from: Tymewalk3) Please ship sensibly.
welp I'm outta here
That doesn't mean no ships, it just means "don't make absolutely everything about ships". You're still free to make ships as long as you balance it out with other actions.

and TBH I'll probably end up with a few ships of my own after this, lol

Faressain

Ugh... shook... head...

Wait, where... am I... um... now? And... who I... am? Or what... is... that thing?

---

Talessa sighed. Probably she would need to increase group by 2 more people who are as conscious as her. Likely that Machoke... But what second thing could be?

objecty

but it only accepts awkward ships (see the first line after it)
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

Tymewalk

Quote from: Beagelbut it only accepts awkward ships (see the first line after it)
Ah, I see what you mean. I'll remove that part.

objecty

Thank you.

SpicyMeatball

since this isnt exactly an experiment role play, can i make one of those?

i might join this one
previously known as Floofy

TheTealWashableMarker

"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

Tymewalk

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker
Quote from: jji10dinoBanned for banning.
?
Pretty sure it was just a joke post. :P

SpicyMeatball

meh i'll join this

Name: Troy
Personality: Modest, very honest, protective, not an [small bork] but not a goodie-two-shoes either
Other:

wait a sec you know how arons can eat metal? is he blocked from that?
Quote from: BulbapediaAron feeds on iron ore that it digs from mountains. It uses this ore to make its body. Sometimes hunger will drive it to descend from the mountains to eat bridges and rails

Tymewalk

Quote from: Floofymeh i'll join this

Name: Troy
Accepted.
Quote from: Floofywait a sec you know how arons can eat metal? is he blocked from that?
Quote from: BulbapediaAron feeds on iron ore that it digs from mountains. It uses this ore to make its body. Sometimes hunger will drive it to descend from the mountains to eat bridges and rails
Yes, the collar blocks that.

Troy also starts with his cell open, same as the others.

SpicyMeatball

nice

Faressain

Talessa had a revelation - she could namely train that Snivy once it remembers it's name! But how? She decided to look up the collar... Well, that had John Trebonth written it? "Uh... Whoever are you, can you remember your name? Anything?"

---

I couldn't... understand... majority, but... wait... my name? Uh... C-can't... I don't... know. I shook... my head...

---

"Wait, you can't remember your name yet? Well, I need to say it clearly. You're John Trebonth, yes?"

---

...What? I... Trebonth? Wait... That was... my name! I can't... speak... yet, so I shook positivelly.

---

"There's almost no time to waste, though. We need to go!"

---

When Nehiri heard it, he went near group, but not so close.

SpicyMeatball

Troy heard all the alarms going off. Something told him not to panic.
That's when he noticed the door to his box was open.