News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Shards of Power

Started by Dark, Feb 28, 2017, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

Hatchie was surprised by that. "For Allah's sake, who are you?"
Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

Rekekka

Ferris chooses not to speak, and instead gets right to work. She takes any major tailsman she had on her off and equips one of the talismans that increase her willpower and her trusty axe. She then gets to work on making some armor out of the teeth.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."
This is a message from Lord Nergal.
I await you on the Dread Isle.

Dark

Ferris exchanges the Eye of Automatum she's carrying for a Talisman of Discipline, then takes a number of teeth and begins Shaping.

Ferris: 12 + 2(Trinket)
Ferris: 15 + 2(Trinket)
Ferris: 3 + 2(Trinket)
Ferris: 10 + 2(Trinket)

Ferris crafts a helm, chestplate, and greaves out of the fangs. The armour is jet-black and adorned with spikes on the shoulders, the face obscured by a hinged visor. It looks rather intimidating.

She attempts to Shape a pair of vambraces to complete the set, but her will is lacking and the teeth are unmoved.
Date registered: Apr 17, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Rekekka

Take off her current chestplate and equip the new one. She attempts to try to shape the unmoved teeth again.
Your local meme dealer. The man who also completed Final Fantasy 2 0% growths solo run.
"Go to Brazil."

Dark

Ferris casts off her stone chestpiece and dons the fang plate. It is remarkably light and sturdy compared to rock or even steel. (Maw-fang Chestplate: +3 defense, -1 agility)

Ferris: 11 + 2(trinket)

The teeth are shaped into a pair of fang vambraces, spiked on the top of the forearms.

Rekekka

Equip everything else, taking off her mythril helmet, and get back to making armor for everyone else.
"Go to Brazil."

Fishmael

Mordi makes all of the same comments he made last time, only more witty this time because last time was deleted I guess. Seeing as his ability to catch things on fire is useless right now, he just decides to wait around until someone tells him to do something.
ke a safe just fell on a ca
hived, but I'm happy to tr
ouns are they/she, pleas
ive on the misc forums, i

Faressain

Hatchie, I guess decides to communicate and maybe look for something interest-worthy?

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Wordweaver

Had the pre-reversion page loaded on my chromebook.

Quote from: frishyNot exactly what one would expect to find out this far, Mardi checks to see if they're conscious.

Quote from: WordweaverJack slowly climbs to his feet, rubbing his limbs where they were broken. As he does so, he takes stock of the newest mages.

"All right, guys, we all know the drill. Looks like the reinforcements are here."

He turns towards the newest members of the group.

"Hey, folks. I'm Jack, team strategist and one of the few competent mages in five kilometers. The three of us are the surviving members of an expedition to find the shards of power. If history holds true, you'll be mages, and you'll be interested in joining us. If so, please do hop aboard, because we'll be distributing equipment in a moment."

Quote from: WordweaverLoot Distribution:

Major items:

Talisman of Discipline (+2 will)
Talisman of Discipline (+2 will)
Tooth of the Desert (???)
Automatum's Eye (+2 attack +1 defense)

Minor Items (Not comprehensive):
Ring of +1 will
Ring of +1 Defense
Ring of +3 attack versus undead.

Nonmagical Items:

Helms (x3?)
Axe of +4 attack
Various mundane weapons

Materials:

Maw Tooth: VERY good material, top priority.
Maw Bone: Mediocre priority. Use if possible, don't stress it.
Human skeletons: See above.
Wood: Literally everywhere here. Niche material.

Quote from: frishy"Wait... And if I don't go with you on this magical quest of sorts, does that like, unravel time or something?" Mordi asks the total stranger he found in the woods. "Or is that inference of yours more intuition that prophecy?"

Quote from: Wordweaver"First things first, we need to make everyone full sets of Maw tooth gear. I know it's a little icky, but the stuff is as strong as mithril, and we're going to make good use of it. It's a lot better than the alternative, otherwise known as horrible death."

"Ferris, plus any shapers in the new group, you'll be making the gear. Do NOT do it as-is- dump any magical stuff you may be holding, than equip one of the +2 will talismans. We'll distribute them properly later, but you'll want the will boost- it'll make all the gear better, and prevent you from slipping up and wasting materials."

"I also have a special request. I need four large, flexible cups, probably made from a thin layer of wood. Put little rings on them that I can thread a strap through. If you really must know, these are suction cups, and as a crusher, I can use them to climb walls ridiculously easily."

Quote from: Wordweaver
Quote from: frishy"Wait... And if I don't go with you on this magical quest of sorts, does that like, unravel time or something?" Mordi asks the total stranger he found in the woods. "Or is that inference of yours more intuition that prophecy?"

"It's less intuition or prophecy, and more history repeating itself. The last time we grabbed a Shard, we woke up in similar circumstances, and the new mages all joined our group."

Quote from: coolman2443Ferris, not having any magical items on her anymore, takes a talisman of Discipline and her trusty axe and begins to morph some of the teeth into armor.

Quote from: frishy
Quote from: Wordweaver"It's less intuition or prophesy, and more history repeating itself. The last time we grabbed a Shard, we woke up in similar circumstances, and the new mages all joined our group."

"So what if I don't join your little magic group? I mean, I'm going to anyways, I just want to know my options are still open."

Quote from: frishy"So what if I don't join your little magic group? I mean, I'm going to anyways, I just want to know my options are still open."

"That's basically my point. We explain our situation, and the new guys unanimously decide to opt in. If you didn't... well, it's not like it's been tested, but I figure life would continue as normal."

Quote from: Wordweaver"That's basically my point. We explain our situation, and the new guys unanimously decide to opt in. If you didn't... well, it's not like it's been tested, but I figure life would continue as normal."

"Right... Whose bones are those?" Mordi points to the human bones the group brought.

Quote from: Wordweaver"Those are from some undead we re-killed in the last dungeon. We'll avoid using them, if possible, but I'm the sort to take resources where I can get them."

Quote from: Wordweaver"Those are from some undead we re-killed in the last dungeon. We'll avoid using them, if possible, but I'm the sort to take resources where I can get them."

"Oh thank goodness, for a second I thought some of your comrades had died in the dungeon."

Quote from: frishy"Oh thank goodness, for a second I thought some of your comrades had died in the dungeon."

"Actually, we lost two people. One flarer, one sparker. They basically died of idiocy- decided it would be a good idea to do magic while stunned and in pain, then immolated themselves in the subsequent explosions."

Quote from: Wordweaver"Actually, we lost two people. One flarer, one sparker. They basically died of idiocy- decided it would be a good idea to do magic while mentally handicapped, then immolated themselves in the subsequent explosions."

"Ah." Mordi makes a mental note not to do anything to drastic with his Sparking.

Quote from: Wordweaver"If you're smart, you'll be fine. Us three are the ones with some measure of sense, and we walked out of the situation bruised, but all right. Very bruised, in my case, but grabbing a shard seems to heal everyone's injuries, so the effect is the same."

"We'll also be getting more or less legendary sets of armor soon, so that'll be a definite boost to our survival rates."
As above, so below.

Dark

Ferris: 1 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 9 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 7 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 14 + 2(trinket)

Ferris: 8 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 18 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 12 + 2(trinket)

Ferris: 16 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 8 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 14 + 2(trinket)

Nicholas: 10 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 6 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 5 + 2(trinket)

Nicholas: 13 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 1 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 17 + 2(trinket)

Ferris: 12 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 7 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 20 + 2(trinket)
Nicholas: 12 + 2(trinket)
Ferris: 11 + 2(trinket)

---

Ferris and Nicholas get to work crafting suits of armour for the group. The work is quick with two Shapers, and the armour is soon mostly finished.

The first helm Ferris tries to craft breaks apart, shattering into a number of tiny fragments, which disappear amidst the soil and leaves on the ground. A pair of Nicholas's vambraces are lost in a similar fashion

Ferris Shapes a pair of vambraces particularly well. They shine dully and are lined with spikes along both sides.
Nicholas does the same with a pair of greaves, crafting them expertly.

Ferris and Nicholas begin work on a set of five swords with the remaining fangs.

None of the swords break, all turning out fine. One of the swords in particular is obviously superior to the rest - its jet-black surface shines dully in the dappled sunlight, casting dancing shadows on the forest floor. The guard is curved and formed from a pair of teeth. A section of the blade near the hilt is serrated, and the pommel is crowned with vicious spikes.

---

Results:

Helm 1: None, broken
Chestplate 1: +3 defense, -1 agility
Vambraces 1: +1 defense
Greaves 1: +2 defense

Helm 2: +1 defense
Chestplate 2: +3 defense, -1 agility
Vambraces 2: +2 defense
Greaves 2: +2 defense

Helm 3: +1 defense
Chestplate 3: +3 defense, -1 agility
Vambraces 3: +1 defense
Greaves 3: +2 defense

Helm 4: +1 defense
Chestplate 4: +3 defense - 1 agility
Vambraces 4: +1 defense
Greaves 4: +2 defense

Helm 5: + 1 defense
Chestplate 5: +3 defense, -1 agility
Vambraces 5: None, broken
Greaves 5: Well-crafted +3 defense

Sword 1: + 2 attack
Sword 2: + 2 attack
Sword 3: + 4 attack. If a natural 19 or 20 is rolled, weaker enemies are instakilled, regardless of defensive roll, and stronger enemies take double damage.
Sword 4: + 2 attack
Sword 5: + 2 attack

Wordweaver

Take sword three and the fourth armor set. Put my current (mithril) helm on the helmless set.
As above, so below.

Fishmael

We have six members but five sets. So are we divvying so everyone at least has some defense boost?
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

((@frishy: Ferris is already wearing a full set))

---

Jack immediately grabs the superior blade and dons one of the better armour sets. The plate is incredibly light but feels very sturdy. He takes off his mithril helm and places it by the armour without a helmet.

---

Remaining armour sets:

1: +7 defense, -1 agility
Mithril helm: +1 defense
Maw-Fang chestplate: +3 defense, -1 agility
Maw-Fang vambraces: +1 defense
Maw-Fang greaves: +2 defense
Maw-Fang sword: +2 attack

2: +8 defense, -1 agility
Maw-Fang Helm: +1 defense
Maw-Fang vambraces: +2 defense

3: +7 defense, -1 agility

5: +8 defense, -1 agility
Maw-Fang greaves: +3 defense

Fishmael

Mordi dons set one, not sure if he's comfortable with wearing somethings bones, but disregards the thought.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

Mordi dons the first set of armour, taking the accompanying sword. The odd material feels like stone, but much lighter and stronger.

---

Remaining armour sets:

2: +8 defense, -1 agility
Maw-Fang vambraces: +2 defense

3: +7 defense, -1 agility

5: +8 defense, -1 agility
Maw-Fang greaves: +3 defense

Fishmael

Is the sword fireproof, perchance? Asking for a friend. *cough*

[Edit: Apparently it is a bit more than fireproof.]
ouns are they/she, pleas

Fishmael

Mordi equips a Ring of Willpower (+1) and prepares to go into a previously discussed standby unless something else important happens today.
ouns are they/she, pleas

Dark

Mordi feels a wave of calm wash over him as he dons the ring.

---

((As frishy will be gone for a week, a default action for Mordi has been decided on for every turn until he returns:))

Quote from: frishyBlowtorch any enemies, unless told otherwise by Jack.

Faressain

Hatchie equips set number 2, while still wearing a 2nd hatchet and his chainmail, while also taking the Desert Tooth.

Tymewalk

Nicholas quickly snatches and equips Set 3. (If that's a thing he can do.)
Armor sets, get your armor sets here! Equip 'em while they're hot! (Or don't, unless you like second-degree burns)
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dino

Alice takes Set 5 and puts it on.

Dark

Nicholas, Alice, and Hatchie don their chosen armour. Hatchie wears his mail underneath, but that seems to provide no benefit and only weighs him down. They each take a sword

The Shard pulls Ferris forwards, while the woodsmoke scent seems to be coming from behind.

---

((As most of you know, I no longer have a working, accessible computer, and all turns must be written and posted from my phone. As such, please expect erratic and spotty updates until otherwise stated.))

Dino

Alice tests her sword. She's never had a weapon this long, so this could be interesting, to say the least. Then, she follows Ferris.

Tymewalk

Nicholas quickly tests his sword on a nearby log. Best to see if it breaks now before needing it in battle.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

Dark

Nicholas(Luck): 1
Nicholas(Attack): 20 + 2(sword)

???(Defend): 18

Nicholas swings his sword, the vicious blade biting deeply into a nearby log. Some form of milky white sap oozes from the wound. The log screams.

???(Attack): 6

Nicholas(Defend): 18 + 7(armour)

A massive branch falls from the trees above, landing directly on Nicholas's head. The log snaps on the armour, doing nothing to Nicholas.

The injured log recoils underground. On closer inspection, it appears to be the root of a massive tree nearby.