News:

The moderation team is holding a poll on the topic of the site's connection to Scratch. More details can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

When We Were Young and Stupid

Started by Dino, Mar 11, 2013, 11:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CellularData

Same/10

wiwyas, i thought scratch was impossibly hard "real coding"
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

A Mega Man Named Rock

lol/10
WIWYAS, I found a specific PS2 Winnie the Pooh game to be fun, and even cried when it was finished.

I was an idiot at 3.

...That was slower than it was before I did the thing.

P-Code

7/10

WIWYAS, I thought algebra wouldn't require a bunch of graphing.

And it would be all about finding cool variables and having !!!fun!!!

(Haha, nope.)

CellularData

10/10

wiwyas, i thought algebra was having letters stand for numbers.

that was it.

so i thought algebra class would be "x=2" and thats it

PrincessPandaTBG

1000000000/10

WIWYAS, when I was playing the City Escape stage in Sonic Generations, I thought that the humanoid GUN robots were humans and I was like "I THOUGHT THIS WAS A KIDS' GAME".
A regular TBGer from 2015-7, bless Sonic the Hedgehog
DARN YOU LACK OF SUPPORT FOR WEBP

NasomiXIV

my god/10

WIWYAS, I thought Scratch was malware.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Flowermanvista

?/10

So one time probably 3-4 years ago in grade school, instead of the typical diesel trains passing by on the railroad near the playground (this railroad was parallel to the playground fence, about 40-50 feet away), an old steam train passed by. I thought it was really cool, so I got right up to the fence and watched the train pass by...

...and then soot rained down on my face and in my eyes. :o That was fun.
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

PrincessPandaTBG

5/10

WIWYAS, I saw a human evolution skull chart and I thought it was about a disease that deforms your skull. I was scared.

SpicyMeatball

Haha/10
WIWYAS, I thought it's meant "[Bork] the what" and I was very confused why everyone was saying it before a game
previously known as Floofy

objecty

fails ftw/10

WIWYAS I tried to make an animated series on scratch about warriors
there was a cat named butterstar
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

firefang16

10/10

similarly, i thought making a mary sue edgy oc that was firestar's "secret sister" who was evil was a good idea
I'm very inactive here and on Scratch. Just remember Narancia best boy ;)

joefarebrother

7/10

WIWYAS I thought that when you pay for things online, you had to put coins in a special device that you plug into your computer
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

Yeroc8

10/10

WIWYAS...

wait, I'm still young and stupid

Flowermanvista

classic/10

WIWYAS (this happened a few years ago), the first time I saw my mom's friend kid try to watch Ghostbusters on DVD (the 1984 original, not the 2016 reboot), I was worried. The kid was like 8 at the time, and I thought Ghostbusters was a horror movie.

Boy, was I wrong. :lol:
good morning, SMF!

Fun Fact: Exposure to excessive blue light at night can harm sleep, because blue light tells your brain that it's daytime. To avoid this, I HIGHLY recommend a little program called f.lux. It makes your display warmer at night when the sun sets, reducing blue light exposure at night. Click here to get f.lux. Apparently a small study from Brigham Young University is casting doubt on this old belief, I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it's reproduced by a larger study/studies. I'll still probably use f.lux even if it is just a placebo because looking at a bright blue screen in a room lit with a warm-white light is kinda obnoxious.

PrincessPandaTBG

But it has some inappropriate content in it/10

WIWYAS, my parents allowed me to watch the Simpsons.

Tymewalk

Not 100% sure what's wrong with that/10

WIWYAS I made ridiculously Mary Sue OCs.

Like, the most powerful, even more powerful than the most powerful. Which were super special and unique.

Not to mention being part of a lost group of super-powerful people, even more so than any main character or antagonist!

...yeah, my writing skills sucked when I was little. :P
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

PrincessPandaTBG

10/10

WIWYAS, I wrote cruddy Animal Jam fan fiction, such as "How Giraffes Came to Jamaa" (that was before heartstones).

You should see my Sonic fan fics.

Dino

LOL/10 Don't get the reference though, but I understand the painfully bad fanfic :P

WIWYAS, I thought maths was the easiest subject.

CellularData

in some ways, it is/10

wiwyas

i wrote (misguided) stories about my animal jam characters having children

PrincessPandaTBG

0____________________0 (I do like to imagine Sonic and co having babies, but that is weird)/10

WIWYAS, I thought the guy in the Hatchet cover was wearing a raccoon hat from Animal Jam.

CellularData

nice/10
(and no, that's not what i meant, i was in second grade, it was about them having a family lol)

wiwyas, i thought shipping was putting something in a cardboard box and sending it somewhere

Flowermanvista

8/10

WIWYAS, I thought that fans actually cool the air. They don't. (In fact, I think they make it worse when your A/C breaks down and the fans are just blowing disgustingly hot air towards you.)
good morning, SMF!

PrincessPandaTBG

You have offended the fan world/10

WIWYAS, I thought the Mii Channel was a life simulator.

CellularData

It can be/10

WIWYAS, i thought minecraft was actually called "mindcraft" and it was this dumb game where you built rockets.  oh and there were wolves.

PrincessPandaTBG

lol/10

WIWYAS, I attempted to draw humanoid furries by adding human-like hair, clothes, and poorly drawn "breasts" on my funny animal art. I can do better than that now.