News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Keep This Website Alive!

Started by jji7skyline, Jul 14, 2017, 04:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faressain

Priest units never get old. WOLOLO!

A fate can be changed, everything will change. A destiny is just a container that keeps the liquid in - in this case a person.
Raise your voice, and say it with Twilight Sparkle! I am a kitty cat and I'm steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow, steppin' steppin' on pillow.

Have a twili-meow! /On discord as Vardaril#1783

DownsGameClub

(i can't see it very well... :( )

NasomiXIV

Quote from: SuperDoom1
Quote from: 8435.51. Make all curves straight.
2. Make all polygons solid colors only.  Nothing should be inside of them.
3. Change the font to something more minimalistic.
Quote from: joefarebrother
Quote from: Faressain

It's better, I think.
Who did it better, me, Joe, or Fares?
I vote Joe.
WARNING: I am insane.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Shpore

Quote from: DownsGameClubI think it's about time we move ahead from the TBGs logo and redesign the entire thing.
Quote from: 8435.5But we should have some feeling of nostalgia left.

CellularData

Quote from: Shpore
Quote from: DownsGameClubI think it's about time we move ahead from the TBGs logo and redesign the entire thing.
Quote from: 8435.5But we should have some feeling of nostalgia left.
My idea would be to still use the same colors on the letters: have a red T, green B, blue G, and yellow S.  But everything I can think of doing looks like a bad knockoff of the google logo.
(insert something fun here)

TBGs motto of 2018: let's not die please

objecty

It's better, I think.
This one is cool
But for nostalgia, we need to change the colors of the letters.
I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

NasomiXIV

Quote from: 8435.51. Make all curves straight.
2. Make all polygons solid colors only.  Nothing should be inside of them.
3. Change the font to something more minimalistic.
Quote from: joefarebrother

It's better, I think.
Who did it better, me, Joe, or Fares?
I vote Joe.
They say games are a product, rather than a service. Certainly a nice thought, however this is more fiction than truth.
Each and every day, new games are created, with most being infested with microtransactions, paid expansions, and subscription services, bogging down (or blocking off entirely) the user experience until they cough up their life savings, even after having already purchased the game. However, we as fans have remedied the problems that plague modern games through modifications and fan servers. There is, however, one last game to fix.

This is why I have changed my name. To spread awareness of what must be done. What we want. We want...NasomiXIV.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

jji7skyline

I like the patterns on Faressain's lol.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

Dino

Made a few versions highly inspired by the Google logo.

This was my first one and IMO the worst one. It looks a bit too simple and a bit wonky. Probably helped by the letters not being aligned properly. :P

This was my second one and my favourite. Not sure how well it would fit in certain TBG styles like Oxygen or Scratch Style but I really like it.

This one was sort of a joke one completely ripping off Google's "Google Australia" logo but the size is the most realistic of the bunch and it doesn't look wonky so there's that.

jji7skyline

Yellow is impossible to read lol.
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

Dino

If it goes in the top right, it'll have a blue backdrop so it wouldn't be so bad... the blue on the other hand...

DownsGameClub

Quote from: jji10dinoIf it goes in the top right, it'll have a blue backdrop so it wouldn't be so bad... the blue on the other hand...
Then redesign the entire top bar!  :D

objecty

I don't use this website anymore (although I may check in or post occasionally), and have not for a while now. Sincerest apologies if you were wishing to communicate with me.
The vast majority of the things I have posted on here are old, and I regret them extremely. My attitude (i.e. annoyingness level (i.e. very high)) in such posts are (hopefully) not indicative of my current attitude (i.e. probably considerably less annoying). I thank all of my friends from earlier times here for tolerating my ignorance and idiocy.
Thank you.
(Also, I don't normally talk (well, type) like this. I just think it's fun. Bye.)

joefarebrother

I quite like SuperDoom's version
Play me on chess.com! Scratch group!   √-1 2³ ∑ 3.14, and it was delicious!

Either your internet was too slow, or you're using the wrong theme, so you lost the game.

CellularData

random idea: use joe's logo on april fools day just for the fun of it

TheTealWashableMarker

woops didn't see wordweaver's post before mine

anyways

why do we have to change the tbgs logo at all? i like it now, it's creative and appealing to the eye
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

CellularData

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerit's creative and appealing to the eye
as of last decade

Yeroc8

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerwhy do we have to change the tbgs logo at all? i like it now
agreed

TheTealWashableMarker

Quote from: epicanna27
as of last decade
it's called retro
"I can't think of a quote to put here" - me, right now

CellularData

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker
as of last decade
it's called retro
do we really want to look like one of those websites you can only get to with the wayback machine

...except without the wayback machine

NasomiXIV

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarker
Quote from: epicanna27as of last decade
it's called retro
do we really want to look like one of those websites you can only get to with the wayback machine

^^^^^^^
Though your logic wouldn't convince me alone; I love viewing old websites using the Wayback machine, and one without the Wayback machine would mean I  wouldn't have to go to archive.org to get a taste of the old internet.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

CellularData

Quote from: TheTealWashableMarkerit's called retro

^^^^^^^
Though your logic wouldn't convince me alone; I love viewing old websites using the Wayback machine, and one without the Wayback machine would mean I  wouldn't have to go to archive.org to get a taste of the old internet.
So?  Let's weigh the benefits of you wanting to look at the "old" internet against the benefits of other people joining because they see that the TBGs is a modern website with a great logo and overall designed in a way that seems like it was made in 2017.

NasomiXIV

Quote from: epicanna27do we really want to look like one of those websites you can only get to with the wayback machine

^^^^^^^
So?  Let's weigh the benefits of you wanting to look at the "old" internet against the benefits of other people joining because they see that the TBGs is a modern website with a great logo and overall designed in a way that seems like it was made in 2017.
Homestar's logo is soooo bad because it has shine and wasn't changed since 2000.

1 2

Pikachu took a vacation.

Wordweaver

Just going to add a logo to the pile. Figured I would go ahead and give it the background color of the top bar, but I can change it pretty easily if need be.

Something seems to be making it really big, but I assume it can be scaled. :/

As above, so below.

Dino

Quote from: WordweaverJust going to add a logo to the pile. Figured I would go ahead and give it the background color of the top bar, but I can change it pretty easily if need be.

Something seems to be making it really big, but I assume it can be scaled. :/

This one is probably the most realistic (and dare I say it, best) one so far. I like how it's essentially a reskin of the current model so I don't think many will complain.

That font doesn't really fit the rest of the forums though. Just something to consider.