News:

The moderation team plans to make revisions to the community guidelines. Detailed information about the changes can be found here. Your feedback is appreciated.

Main Menu

Announcements.

Started by jji7skyline, Jan 25, 2013, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

360-International

5 September 2013

Effective tomorrow at 4:00 PM, I (360-International) will be on holiday until Tuesday evening. Send urgent messages through another member of the TBG Team.

Further details may be read at http://international.ga/229.

Tai-Guy

Quote from: shpetersI am here to officially resign from my position as moderator. It has been a while since I last came here and I do not intend to return. I think it would be better if someone more active were to take my place. Also, I find the politics of this place rather annoying. It's quite infuriating how all that ever happens is we argue and nothing ever gets done.

Bye,
shpeters

shpeters now has the retired  moderator rank.
thanks shpeters for all your help in making the TBGs the success they are now.
we will miss you

Thank you
The TBG moderators And Admins.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

360-International

12 March 2013, repost 2 November 2013

Registrations have come in with what we believe are false e-mail addresses.

- If you have no e-mail address, type in the following address: 1@intforums.com

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to other TBGers due to privacy reasons, go to Profile > Privacy > Set your privacy options and check "Hide your email address and disallow form email."

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to anyone due to privacy reasons (not recommended), type in the following address: 1@intforums.com

Zoomreddin

24 December 2013
The Ninth Moderator Election is underway! Prepare your speeches! Prepare your votes! Good luck to all.

Tai-Guy

8 January 2014

It's Voting time!
click here to vote! for all discussion go here voting will end on  2014-01-15 T 12:00:00 U then there will be a short discussion before the moderators elected will be promoted!

good luck to all!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

]
                                                                                                                                                            Earth and Moon, showing their sizes and distance to scale. The yellow bar represents a pulse of light traveling from Earth to Moon in 1.26 seconds.

Tai-Guy

NOTE: you MUST click Done when you finish voting!!!

]

Tai-Guy

15 January 2014

Hello citizens of the Text Based Games forum! Today is the date of our special announcement; we are here to announce the next two moderators that will be added to our staff team.

Good job to all those who ran and thanks for your feedback. congratulations to PreoKid and joefarebrother! You shall be promoted shortly.

]

jji7skyline

18 March 2014

The TBG Guidelines and Central Guidelines have been merged and simplified into the new Community Guidelines.

Feel free to read through it and suggest any changes :)
I see the world inside of one...
I see the world inside of two...
I see the world inside of me...
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

jji7skyline

27 March 2014

Your favourite website, the TBGs needs funds for web hosting! In less than a month's time, we will be receiving an invoice telling us to pay for another year of hosting.

So if possible, please donate to this website by clicking the Support button on the top navbar and then clicking the Donate button. This will help keep the TBGs online for another year.

Even a donation of $5 or less can help. Thanks everyone! :)
I see the world inside of you...                                 ~ Policy Concept

360-International

12 March 2013, repost 2 November 2013, repost 10 April 2014 for reason "Some people can't listen"

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to other TBGers due to privacy reasons, go to Profile > Privacy > Set your privacy options and check "Hide your email address and disallow form email."

- If you would not like to reveal your e-mail to anyone due to privacy reasons (not recommended), type in the following address: 1@intforums.com

360-International

19 April 2014

Somelia has been graduated to TBG Team member.

360-International

21 June 2014

Due to unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended that all users change their passwords on this site, as well as on any others where the same password is used. Users' passwords have likely not yet been compromised, but haste is suggested in trying to fix the problem.

360-International

12 March 2013, repost 2 November 2013, repost 10 April 2014 for reason "Some people can't listen", repost 9 July 2014 for reason "If your e-mail doesn't work, the server has a chance to accidentally delete all your stuff, which might have happened already. It seems to be some database-retrofit glitch, or possibly an Evelyn compromisation. Don't test it."

360-International

31 July 2014

Registrations will be temporarily disabled until future notice. We have received extremely high numbers of spam account making, and banning perpetrators has not solved the problem. We apologise for the inconvenience.

jji7skyline

6 Aug 2014

The chat/shoutbox has completed trialling and is now available on a separate page. Click the 'Chat' link on the floating navbar to access it.

Breaking the guidelines on the chat is the same as breaking the guidelines on the forum. If you see someone posting something inappropriate, take a screenshot and report it to the mods. You can do this by emailing any member of the TBG Team. We will then look through the chat logs to find the offender either warn him or ban him.

Why not keep the chat on the index of the forums? Two reasons.

1. The index should kept as tidy as possible.
2. The chat was slowing down pageloads of the index.

As long as the chat is used responsibly by the members of this website, it will stay up, barring any technical issues we may have. If the chat is abused, it will be removed immediately.

Thanks,
jji7skyline

jji7skyline

21 Aug 2014

The survey has finished, and the new date format for the TBGs have immediately been applied. The new format for dates is 21 Aug 2014, and it applies across the TBGs.

Please note that you can change your personal date settings to display them in nearly any other format you wish.

Thanks,
jji7skyline

jji7skyline

27 Aug 2014

After hours of hard work, GeonoTron has finally finished the Announcements plugin for the TBGs website! This plugin will allow any administrator to easily post an announcement to the front page along with this a post in this topic. It will really make it easier for the moderation team.

Therefore, we would like to thank GT for his efforts, and if you like you can check out this website at //thegt.org. I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
jji7skyline

jji7skyline

20 Jan 2015

We have a new domain name!

//tbgforums.com

Please delete all bookmarks and links to the old website.
Thanks and play on!
jji7skyline

360-International

5 Apr 2015

Please do not create excessive numbers of alternate accounts. This is spam.

360-International

7 Apr 2015

Rules 3a and 3b have been made more stringent. Please review them.

Tymewalk

18 Oct 2016

Due to several users posting things repeatedly in the chat, some new rules have been made for posting things of a specific topic (i.e, fandoms):

1. Keep it appropriate
2. Don't spam
3. Stop when people say "no"

Rule 1 should try to be adhered to as strictly as possible, but accidents happen.
Rule 2 is somewhat ambiguous, but basically don't keep copy-pasting the same message over and over.
Rule 3 is self-explanatory.

These new rules affect anyone for anything, although as long as other users are OK with it, you should be fine.
Whosoever holds this banhammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of moderaThor...
he/him | Text Based Games Forums Discord Server | Just Dance 2014 | (つo.o)つ It's Kirby!
back on the road, back down the road, downtown, i don't have courage but i have something else - and it's more than words

jji7skyline

14 July 2017

The TBG Forums have been online now for over 4 years. Originally we were using a free hosting service along with a free domain. But the website grew. Soon we needed more bandwidth, more storage, and a more reliable domain name for our web address to secure our spot on the internet.

We are now running on a paid hybrid hosting service which guarantees us excellent bandwidth, reliability, uptime and enough storage for the over 300,000 posts that have accumulated over the years. We also rent the top level domain name "tbgforums.com".

Unfortunately, running a website like this costs money. So how do other websites fund themselves? They use things like premium membership, donations, referral links, sponsorships, etc. By far the most common way of monetising a website these days is using Advertising.

Adding advertising to the TBG Forums is the last thing I want to do, however paying out of my own pocket every year to keep this website, can be expensive, especially as the website continues to grow.

What can you do to help? I've posted a new topic which contains all the information you need to contribute some funds to help keep this website alive. The good news is that it may not even cost you anything at all to help out. Interested? Follow the link below to find out more.

https://tbgforums.com/forums/index.php?msg=367315

DownsGameClub

10 October 2017
Repeat after me: Announcements! :D
Thanks.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Here are some clarifications of the Community Guidelines Rule 2e: "Any text, images or links you post must be appropriate for all ages."
  • Fade-to-black scenes are officially deemed as NSFW (Not Safe For Work, the term commonly used for 18+ stuff on the internet) by moderators and the TBG Team.  This term heavily implies that NSFW content is allowed as long as it isn't explicitly shown.  Therefore, because those scenes are not appropriate for all ages, they may not be posted on the TBG Forums.

Please note that we are not completely banning anything that slightly crosses the "all ages" border.  That, however, will still result in warnings should you post content of the manner.
  • The use of censored swears is not allowed.  Although it is a much better alternative to the actual swear, it does not do much to solve the issue - the cutting off of single words makes it more likely that another user can make it out easily, which goes against the definition of the all-ages rule.
[list=*]
[li]These clarified rules shall take place immediately for any posts made after this announcement; no action shall be taken to users who have made the offense previously before this has been announced.[/li]
[li]As always, please report any new posts that violate this rule.[/li]
[/list]
Thank you for your cooperation.
On behalf of the TBG Admins,
DGC

DownsGameClub

3 February 2018
Repeat after me: 
Announcements!
Good.  :D

This is your last chance to submit your "grievances" to the Questions and Suggestions forum! (Edit: NOT because it's being closed. It isn't.)

We have been through many rough patches before.  Of course, this isn't new to us, but we've seen some of those patches be quite disturbing already this year.  Please submit your feedback in a constructive manner that WILL NOT provoke anyone in any way, shape, or form.  Doing so may result in serious consequences!

We are currently building a list of complaints and issues the server and site has been giving from the topic thread.  This thread will be looked over carefully to ensure that all possible details will be recorded.  Please place your input there ASAP so that we may cover as many issues as we can!

Thank you for your cooperation.
On behalf of the TBG Administration,
DownsGameClub

EDIT: We are not closing the Q+S Thread.  We may, however, not be able to get to your suggestion or concern and deal it in a timely manner after 12:15 EST (17:15 UTC).

DownsGameClub

4 February 2018 (according to the official TBG Time, otherwise, it's still 3 Feb.)
This message is approved and relayed at the Request of @Somelia
Repeat after me: More announcements!  (and dang, it's getting really busy here :lol:)

All jokes aside, this one is more of a sad one.

It is by unfortunate circumstance that Somelia is no longer with us.  She has formally announced to me and other members of the administration that she will be stepping down from her administrative duties.  As so, we would like to thank her for her service in her years of being an active member and administrator on the forum since 2012!  Dang, that's a ton of commitment to be an administrator.  We wish her a farewell, blessings, and good fortune from this site, as she does not plan to come back furthermore.

UPDATE 1: 24 March 2018
This announcement has been outdated as Somelia has returned (yay)!  :D